Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LCN Lincoln

United States

#926101 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama didn't screw up or run a deplorable smear campaign.
Biden looked like an eccentric old fool during the VP debate. He couldn't stop himself from being obnoxiously condescending with a ridiculous smirk to save his life.
But I do like ole' Joe when he's not pretending to be something he's not - like a credible leader - like his boss.
Victory !
Republicans, this time, are the ones with the Whine :-)
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926102 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>See? I have no idea where any of our other presidents lived during their "impressionable" years.
They all lived and grew up here in the United States.

That's what makes this president seem more like a usurper. To some of us anyway. He may have been born in Hawaii but his roots are not anything similar to any other president in our nation's history.

His middle name is even different than any other president's. William "Hussein" Clinton would have raised some eyebrows too.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926103 Jun 17, 2013
A situation which is now out of control
The illusions which have still blinded the last remaining optimists are in the process of dissipating. In previous GEAB issues we have already laid out the world economy’s grim picture. Since then the situation has got worse. The Chinese economy confirms its slowdown (1) as well as Australia (2), emerging countries’ currencies are disconnecting (3), bond interest rates are rising, UK salaries are continuing to fall (4), riots are affecting Turkey and even peaceful Sweden (5), the Eurozone is still in recession (6), the news filtering out of the United States is no longer cheerful (7)…Nervousness is now clearly palpable on all financial markets where the question is no longer knowing when the next record will be but succeeding in getting out soon enough before the stampede. The Nikkei has fallen more than 20% in three weeks during which there have been three sessions with losses exceeding 5%. So, the contagion has now reached the “standard” indices such as the stock exchanges, interest rates, and currency exchange rates… the last bastions still controlled by the central banks and, therefore, totally distorted as our team has repeatedly explained.Nikkei 225 Index, 02/11/2012-13/06/2013. The dizzy rise is due to the BoJ’s plan, the dizzy fall to current uncertainties Source : Les Échos.
In Japan this situation is the result of the over-the-top sized quantitative easing programme undertaken by the central bank. The Yen’s fall has brought about strong inflation in the price of imported goods (particularly oil). The huge swings in the Japanese stock exchange and currency is destabilising the whole of global finance. But the implementation of the Bank of Japan’s programme is so new that its effects are still much less pronounced than those of the Fed’s quantitative easing. It’s primarily the Fed which is responsible for all the current bubbles: real estate in the United States (8), stock exchange record highs, bubbles in and destabilisation of emerging countries (9), etc.It’s also thanks to it, or rather because of it, that the virtual economy has got going again with even greater intensity and that the necessary balancing hasn’t taken place. The same methods are producing the same effects (10), an increased virtualisation of the economy is leading us to a second crisis in five years, for which the United States is once again responsible. The central banks can’t hold the global economy together indefinitely; at the moment they are losing control.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#926104 Jun 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> So why was Bush recorded as saying he thinks what is going on regarding the (my words) witch hunts/scandals is by the letter of the law? He also said the threats as in terrorist attacks still exist & without screening phone records & connecting the dots, the chances of another 9/11 increase drastically. Without PRISM, we have a bunch of Boston bombings in which you all blame the president for. Can't have it both ways.
By the way, we don't need PRISM. The goddam Russians told us about the Boston Bomber, and it didn't make any difference. I think some Arab could walk into the FBI building with a fully exponsed bomb vest and the FBI wouldn't notice.
But, let some farmer out in Kansas call into a local radio show and the FBI is all over their ass.

Obviously the Democrats are preparing for a large-scale war with the American people. The more you believe your own propaganda bullshit, the more likely this Democrat war on Americans will be.

... you're choice.
LCN Lincoln

United States

#926105 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why is it you're talking about Bush?
Ok. Let's go over this one more time.
Bush isn't president. Bush hasn't been president for more than 4 years. Obama is president. Obama has been president for over 4 years.
PRISM didn't exist when Bush was president.
What increases the chances of another massive Arab terrorist attack in the United States is the Arab terrorists are in the White House every goddam day.
The obvious enemy is Wahhabist muslim terrorists.
The obvious fact is (if you bother keeping up with anything that happens in our government) muslim institutions are exempted from this.
So, we have the fact that the muslims are bombing us, and the fact that the government prohibits spying on muslims.
So, just who is the enemy your PRISM is violating the Constitution for?
Who's the enemy?
You actually have to name someone or something to answer that question.
"Bush isn't president."
Bush republican 2008 Depression and stock market crash are still here.
Bush did NOT attend the convention of his party, for get the name of that party, in 2012. Neither did his father GHW Bush.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926106 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Son, you apparently also taught lying.
One of the most liberal teachers I worked with said, "If it makes sense, you won't find it in the public school system."

He also said, "If you care, you won't last." He said it to me personally.

You just want to believe I'm lying. But you'll believe anything if it's coming from another liberal.

Why is that?
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926107 Jun 17, 2013
A second US crisis
If the months of April-May, with a great deal of media hype, seem to agree with the US-UK-Japanese method of monetary easing (to put it mildly) against the Euroland method of reasoned austerity, for several weeks now the champions of all-finance have had a little more difficulty in claiming victory. The IMF, terrified by the global impact of the economic slowdown in Europe, doesn’t know what else to come up with to force Europeans to continue spending and make deficits explode again: even empty boutique World must continue to give the impression that it’s still in business, and Europe isn’t playing the game.But the toxic effects of central bank operations in Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom now demolish the argument (or rather propaganda) touting the success of the “other method”, supposed to allow recovery in Japan, the US and the United Kingdom (incidentally, the latter has never even been mentioned).

The currently developing second crisis could have been avoided if the world had taken note that the United States, structurally incapable of reforming itself, was unable to implement other methods than those which had led to the 2008 crisis. Like the irresponsible “too big to fail” banks, the “systemically” irresponsible countries should have been placed under supervision from 2009 as suggested from the GEAB n° 28 (October 2008). Unfortunately the institutions of global governance have proved to be completely ineffective and powerless in managing the crisis. Only regional good sense has been able to put it in place; the international arena producing nothing, everyone began to settle their problems in their part of the world.

The other crucial reform advocated (11) since 2009 by the LEAP/E2020 team focused on taking a completely new look at the international monetary system. In 40 years of US trade imbalances and the volatility of its currency, the dollar as the pillar of the international monetary system has been the carrier of all the United States’ colds to the rest of the world, and this destabilising pillar is now at the heart of the global problem because the United States is no longer suffering from a cold but bubonic plague.

Absent having reformed the international monetary system in 2009, a second crisis is coming. With it comes a new window of opportunity to reform the international monetary system at the G20 in September (12) and one almost hopes that the shock happens by then to force an agreement on this subject, otherwise the summit risks taking place too soon to gain everyone’s support.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926108 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan was probably wrong to stick to the facts and be civil and respectful in the face of a senile old bully like Biden....but still won the debate.
lol! Ryan tried to hide the facts.

He even used his mom as a political tool.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926109 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart provides jobs for unskilled people who would largely be unemployable elsewhere, plus low prices for people on limited budgets.
And when they are done taking over that is all that will be left - unskilled people and people on limited budgets

Hopefully I will be dead by then.

Walmart is destroying this great nation.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#926110 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, if cons want to, and insist upon shooting themselves in the foot and mouth, who am I to countermand them?
The only thing I can do is sit back and enjoy the comedy they provide!
Whatever you say, Wash Out.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926111 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what makes this president seem more like a usurper. To some of us anyway. He may have been born in Hawaii but his roots are not anything similar to any other president in our nation's history.
His middle name is even different than any other president's. William "Hussein" Clinton would have raised some eyebrows too.
lol! Ah! Fear of the unfamiliar.....I'm sure you'd prefer something more familiar... like Hitler.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926112 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you just don't like foreign/foreign sounding names.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926113 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> We have tips that you associate with 'questionable groups' too , but only in states like Russia that doesn't have a Bill of Rights' would "a right of association and free speech" be considered to be 'radicalizing' an individual. In fact, the Russians did not tell the F.B.I much of anything useful in the investigation of the Tsarnaev brothers--the F.B.I. found out on their own --the Russians asked the F.B.I. for help, it wasn't the other way around like you pretend.
Let's see now...
The Russians notice the muslim terrorist from the USA visiting known terrorists and they tell the FBI. Then, this terrorist enters the USA again after the Russians informed the FBI about his terrorist associations in Russia, and the FBI, NSA, DHS, IRS, and every other government agency was too busy spying on the TEA Party and Congress and Journalists to investigate this terrorist and spy on him.

Did I get that right?

By the way, who is the enemy Janet Napolitano is preparing to fight a large-scale war against? Would it be the same people the government is spying on?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#926114 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
RINOs are Democrats.
Boehner caves on all issues in January.
The "Gang of Eight" RINOs... enough said.
McCain meets with Al Qaeda after they massacred an entire Christian village.
NDAA eliminating the Posse Comitatus law.
Cowering to Democrats over gun running to Mexican drug cartels.
White House obviously lying after Benghazi.
Spying on the general American population.
Helping Janet Napolitano build a military machine in preparation for a war against the American people.
... and on, and on, and on....
RINOs are Democrats, dufus. They should just go ahead and join that party.
The problem with being paranoid in a political environment is that you eventually must be FOR something.
Just curious, what politicians are worthy of your support?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926115 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots like yourself care about stuff like this. No offense.

Wanted: One pasty old white guy, preferably born in the Midwest, Christian, with name like Smith or Bush to be president, must like clearing brush, long walks and sunsets on the beach, apply at GOP headquarters.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926116 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most liberal teachers I worked with said, "If it makes sense, you won't find it in the public school system."
He also said, "If you care, you won't last." He said it to me personally.
You just want to believe I'm lying. But you'll believe anything if it's coming from another liberal.
Why is that?
No son. You claim to back up your position.

I have no problems with that.

But you just don't follow through.

So based on your word versus the real world, I'll take the real world.

You might have had the authority to be a bully in the classroom, but not here. People do think in this arena.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926117 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has been in over his head since 2008. My jaw drops too everytime I think about it.
He missed his calling. He would have been a great actor. He and Michelle would have been fit right in with Tinsel Town's facade and become Hollyweird's sweethearts. Sort of like now.
He is a great actor. He acts like he is president. You have to admit he's one of the best actors ever, considering the difference between reality and what Obama pretends to be.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#926118 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>And when they are done taking over that is all that will be left - unskilled people and people on limited budgets
Hopefully I will be dead by then.
Walmart is destroying this great nation.
Seeing how you are already brain dead, Boner, it looks like you have a jump on things.

Not to worry though! Obamacare will make sure many good paying full time jobs will be turned into part time jobs. You Democrats are good at having a records for sustained high unemployment.

You must be proud!

I know! Raise taxes! That will stimulate the economy, right retard?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926119 Jun 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Reagan sure didn't miss his calling! The fact is, he wasn't good at either but, he was a better actor than president. At least in film when he screws up, he gets a mulligan. As president when he messed up America suffered, FACT!
We're really sorry your side lost the Cold War.
Get over it. You lost. We won.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926120 Jun 17, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Wash Out.
It's not me son.

It's them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Earthling-1 47,630
God is a Sin City worshiper!!!. 2 hr Sam 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Cowobunga 50,818
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 98,567
Abby 10-30 6 hr PEllen 34
Homosexual honeymoon 7 hr Liberal 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Mandela 68,695
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr wojar 179,707
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]