Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,518)

Showing posts 850,341 - 850,360 of1,071,349
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Patriot Act" updated did not exist prior to the Bush admin and 9/11 BECAUSE....
(DUH).
That does not mean however, that any admins following, have the right to abuse it...and it's ALL quite clearly defined.
Somehow this is always forgotten.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference between domestic and international?
And I don't think Kuwait would be able to agree with your surmise on Iraq and America. Nor would any of the other internationial allies that lended aid.
You are responding to a belligerent old fool whose ego is so attached to being right that he doesn't care how dense, idiotic or childish he looks. He will stomp his feet all the way calling others names.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

All posts on Topix are now forwarded to the NSA unless they have a typo. Those go to the Department of Corrections
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Church already expressly forbids homosexuality I think you must mean that they need to do the same with pedophiles.
Still defending the rapers of children?
Wow.
No one knows what church really means or
how it gives us comfort.
Church has nothing to do with evil.
Homosexuals and pedophiles are people that
enjoy being mean. They like to hurt someone else.
They know it is wrong.
It is self abuse.
nobody

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

we are all in the pot and just awaiting the ladle

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the government is becoming so "expansive", to quote Axelrod, that anyone can spy on anyone for nefarious reasons that has nothing to do with foreigners and everything to do with domestic political enemies.
If the IRS had gone after liberals and liberal organizations en masse under the Bush administration and asking for the names and addresses of their associates, you'd be s--tting a brick if you knew PRISM under Bush was also collecting personal internet data.
Your selective memory acting up again?

When the IRS targeted liberals
Under George W. Bush, it went after the NAACP, Greenpeace and even a liberal church
http://www.drudge.com/news/168333/irs-targete...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you are joking.
Of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, but under those criteria, WW II was not properly declared either.
How so?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton had Bush beat hands down in auditing groups and individuals.
But we've never seen anything like what we're seeing now.
Bull, things will always be "worse than ever before" as long as there's a Democrat in the White House.

Y'all are just so painfully obvious that I quickly lose interest. When you hold your party's feet to the same fire you'll earn a little credibility.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen more crossing of political lines over the NSA and PRISM programs since...well, since I don't know when.
It's very good for the country - especially with the blurring of lines over Obamacare too these days.
The PRISM that Bush launched in 2007?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1976 bill? It states that the Congress must explicitly state "We declare war"? No, it doesn't.
You are just being silly and cranky now.
The War Powers Act had nothing to do with Iraq. It did apply to Libya but that's not what we're talking about. If you're going to cite something you should probably at least read a little something about it so's not to look foolish.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just plain dumb!
Again show me any PROGRESSIVES here making any comments about the pedophiles in our schools at any point until I pointed this out. You can't.
It is twisted logic to say it is defending the RCC to point out the lack of concern from Progressives when it relates to pedophilia at school.
The only time you care about teacher's' molestation is to give cover for the Catholic Church.

I don't recall school districts paying off molested kids to keep them quiet.

I don't post about malaria; it doesn't mean I support it.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is his opening statement when-
Patraeus spoke to congress on June 15, 2011
http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/a...
How can the immediate emails the night of the attack and the days be irrelevant except in
Dave's lala land.
They are irrelevant because you disregarded his testimony given a few days after the Benghazi attacks.

To you CIA is truth with Iraq intelligence but untruthful with Benghazi.

It demonstrates your hypocrisy.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time you care about teacher's' molestation is to give cover for the Catholic Church.
I don't recall school districts paying off molested kids to keep them quiet.
I don't post about malaria; it doesn't mean I support it.
Good morning Gomer Pyle.

"I don't post about malaria; it doesn't mean I support it."

What a moron!

Baawwaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Dumb Dave - the typical Democrat!
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They are irrelevant because you disregarded his testimony given a few days after the Benghazi attacks.
Dave never stopped playing make believe. His classmates started noticing he was strange by 3td grade.
LCN Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
MUST WATCH: REP. LOUIE GOHMERT BLASTS OBAMA FBI DIRECTOR:‘SIR, IF YOU’RE GOING TO CALL ME A LIAR…’– FBI CALLS BOSTON TERRORISTS’ MOSQUE INVESTIGATION ‘OUTREACH’
The FBI never canvassed Boston mosques until four days after the April 15th attacks.
If the Russians tell you that someone has been radicalized and you go check and see the mosques that they went to, then you get the articles of incorporation, as I have for the group that created the Boston mosques where these Tsarnaevs attended, and you’ll find out the name Alamoudi.
Y
WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday joined the chorus of GOP congressional leaders supporting the National Security Agency surveillance programs leaked last week, and the prosecution of the former intelligence contractor who disclosed them.

Citing details declassified by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, McConnell said law and the courts enacted the controversial programs legitimately, and that 29-year-old former CIA and NSA contractor Edward Snowden should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for divulging them.

The Republican senator from Kentucky told reporters Tuesday the vast surveillance programs brought to light late last week are both legal and subject to intense congressional oversight — echoing sentiments by both House Speaker John Boehner and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor earlier this week.
Ads by Google

“He’s a traitor,” Ohio Republican Rep. John Boehner said Tuesday on “Good Morning America.”“The disclosure of this information puts Americans at risk. It shows our adversaries what our capabilities are. And it’s a giant violation of the law.”

“The investigation will be very serious,” Virginia Republican Rep. Eric Cantor said Monday on CBS.“If anyone were to violate the law by releasing classified information, outside the legal avenues, certainly that individual should be prosecuted at the full extent of the law.”

Snowden, equipped with a top-secret clearance, exposed the two programs last week, which include collecting mobile phone and Internet data usage of private citizens from companies like Verizon and Google.

In response to a similar question about the level of government oversight covering the NSA programs, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said “Enough is also something that’s in the eye of the beholder.”

“No one has worked harder on issues in this Senate than Senator Feinstein and the members of the Intelligence Committee, Democrats and Republicans,” the Democratic senator from Nevada told reporters Tuesday.“They have done their very utmost, in my opinion, to conduct oversight. And that’s why the American people, in two polls that I saw today, support what is happening with trying to stop terrorists from doing bad things to us.”
Ads by Google

According to a Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll released yesterday, 56 percent of Americans believe the tracking of phone data by the NSA is “acceptable,” while 62 percent say investigating terrorist threats is more important than maintaining privacy.

Before concluding his statements Reid addressed the claim by some senators that they were not aware of the surveillance programs prior to the stories broken by The Washington Post and Guardian newspapers last week.

“And for senators to complain that ‘I didn’t know this was happening,’— we’ve had many, many meetings that have been both classified and unclassified that members have been invited to,” Reid said.“If they don’t come and take advantage of this… they shouldn’t come and say,‘I wasn’t aware of this,’ because they’ve had every opportunity to be aware of these programs.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/12/gop-leaders...
LCN Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican seem to have nothing

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Gomer Pyle.
"I don't post about malaria; it doesn't mean I support it."
What a moron!
Baawwaaahhhhhh!!!!!!
Dumb Dave - the typical Democrat!
Have you posted about teachers & molestation enough? Perhaps that means you support it. Ask your buddy all about it.
LCN Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

The NSA programs of acquiring broad amounts of telephone and Internet data have drawn support from both Republicans and Democrats, including the leading members of both parties on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Dianne Feinstein and Saxby Chambliss. While some in the GOP, such as Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) are standing by their principles, others such as Sen. Chambliss (R-Ga.) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) appear to trust Obama only when it suits their agenda.

In a statement, Chambliss says that these "lawful intelligence activities must continue, with the careful oversight of the executive …" This is surprising coming from the same man who believes that President Obama was misleading the American people: "What Susan Rice said was exactly what President Obama told her to say … They were about ready to throw her under the bus." He later added, "I do think that there were some politics involved in the message that the White House wanted to send."

Sen. Graham has even gone as far as to attack Rand Paul for criticizing the White House: "I see the threat to the average American, radical Islam coming to our backyard trying to destroy our way of life. He sees the threat (from) the government that's trying to stop the attack. I'm more threatened by the radical Islamists than I am the government agencies who are trying to protect us."
joefran

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... ……… Wheres the Beef?
he isnt worth it and hes a Nixon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 850,341 - 850,360 of1,071,349
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 7 min Bridgeview resident 67
Abby 7-10 9 min Cass 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
Show your indie spirit on Chicago's first Indep... 38 min reading is queer 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 49 min edogxxx 97,417
Amy 7-10 56 min Kuuipo 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr well 48,674
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••