Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,517)

Showing posts 850,321 - 850,340 of1,072,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there does, but that could just be me and other literal constitutionalists. FDR and Truman ramped up the imperial powers of the office and its just been expanding ever since. Congress has ceded its authority to the Executive out of cowardice, for plausible deniability.
OK, but under those criteria, WW II was not properly declared either.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Big difference the international community was with Bush. The United Nations is not even remotely with O'bama--they are with Russia. It was the UN that said the rebels, you know... the terrorists are the ones that used WMDs several weeks ago--ha ha-and stupid O'bama is going to arm them with some pistols. I think O'bama is doing a good job in division of the rebels, Asaad will keep his country. And the circus monkey O'bama will look like...well a circus monkey.
"Wag the dog"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

EasyEed wrote:
"silly"
Spurs 114 - Miami 104
Spurs lead the series 3 -2
Back to Miami.
Peace
KMA
Hope for survival of the NBA.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Silly ,star-struck you. Angela Merkel and Barack Obama are the closest friends within the European-American alliance.:-D
Bocajew Jean got that joke from Stewie Leibowitz.
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... Anyway, when one of you morons acknowledge the fact that Bushco fabricated the "eminent threat" posed by Iraq ...
Didn't pay any attention to what President Clinton said about Iraq's WMD programs, eh?

Feb 1998: Excerpts from President Clinton's address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff

"So first, let's just take a step back and consider why meeting the threat posed by Saddam Hussein is important to our security in the new era we are entering....We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st century....

And they will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen.

There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein's Iraq. His regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region and the security of all the rest of us....

The UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons....

If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program...."

Dec 1998: President Clinton addresses the nation to explain his decision to attack Iraq

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors....

Iraq has failed to turn over virtually all the documents requested by the inspectors. Indeed, we know that Iraq ordered the destruction of weapons-related documents in anticipation of an UNSCOM inspection....

This situation presents a clear and present danger to the stability of the Persian Gulf and the safety of people everywhere.... Let me explain why.

First, without a strong inspection system, Iraq would be free to retain and begin to rebuild its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs in months, not years....

The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world.... And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them."

Fast forward to the Bush administration.

July 22, 2003: Former President Clinton during an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

January 9, 2004:

Former US president Bill Clinton said in October during a visit to Portugal that he was convinced Iraq had weapons of mass destruction up until the fall of Saddam Hussein, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso said.

"When Clinton was here recently he told me he was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime," he said in an interview with Portuguese cable news channel SIC Noticias.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Big difference the international community was with Bush. The United Nations is not even remotely with O'bama--they are with Russia. It was the UN that said the rebels, you know... the terrorists are the ones that used WMDs several weeks ago--ha ha-and stupid O'bama is going to arm them with some pistols. I think O'bama is doing a good job in division of the rebels, Asaad will keep his country. And the circus monkey O'bama will look like...well a circus monkey.
Funny thing is back then, Russia, Germany and France weren't with bushie boy either.

Even Australia was a reluctant partner.

Besides, iraq had oil.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your constant apologies for this inept administration is wearing very thin. Try more Bush-Bashing. We need the entertainment.
lol! You mean historical bushie boy foul ups and blunders?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Dereliction of Duty 53 Senators Skip NSA Briefing
Posted on June 16, 2013 by sundance
In response to the NSA leaks, and the bazillions of questions from concerned Americans about their privacy being snooped on by the government, the administration coordinated a Senate Classified Briefing to explain the details of the program. The intent was to inform the elected Senators so they could answer questions from their state citizenry.
Less than half of them attended.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/1...
NSA spying flap extends to contents of U.S. phone calls
National Security Agency discloses in secret Capitol Hill briefing that thousands of analysts can listen to domestic phone calls. That authorization appears to extend to e-mail and text messages too.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57589495-38...
Oh, I get it, you mean THE HEADLINE WAS SO CORRECT THAT IT PISSED OFF POLITICIANS AND YOUR EDITOR INFLUENCED YOU TO CHANGE IT, YOU KNOW, TO PLEASE THE POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON? Wow. Great job CNET...
The problem with attending a classified briefing of that nature is that it makes you a co-conspirator in any irregularities, unable to expose any problems.

Like attending an off-the-record press conference.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd much rather be low and stable than high, unstable and flighty like you are.
It's called "being down-to-earth", something you abhor(emphasis on the last three letters).
Your cheap PVC Hightower full of intelligentsia, illuminati and pompous-ass culturati teeters and tilts each time the hot air is expelled from it.
I enjoy the cool evening breezes of the Common Valley where real people reside.
You should go underground 6 feet son.

I think you'd really enjoy it then!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes WE do!
Very well understood ...
FRAUD!
Didn't you screw up on that ambassador thing of yours, son?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I saw the exact same crap under Bush, you don't see it because your nose is firmly planted in the GOP's posterior.
Clinton had Bush beat hands down in auditing groups and individuals.

But we've never seen anything like what we're seeing now.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your opinions.
Look up more on Nixon. Republicans gave him more trouble than Democrats. Look up Goldwater's role is urging Nixon to resign
In a major crisis the parties will come together for the good of the US. Without this we have deadlock.
Similar to the situation in 1940.
I've never seen more crossing of political lines over the NSA and PRISM programs since...well, since I don't know when.

It's very good for the country - especially with the blurring of lines over Obamacare too these days.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts sometimes. Don't shoot the messenger.
Shooting The Messenger is sometimes a tactical necessity for Liberals. Truth, once let loose, is a dangerous thing.

Catch it, Kill it, Paint it Green,....whatever it takes.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wag the dog"
Krauthammer:'My jaw dropped' at Obama's Syria plan: http://tinyurl.com/llsrgwf

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You mean historical bushie boy foul ups and blunders?
You look hilarious knock-need, hairy legs, crossed-dressed in that Magic Negro Cheerleader outfit.

That mustache is a dead giveaway:]
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you idiot, it says "declare" and "war", not authorize spending or the "use of military force".
In the 1976 bill? It states that the Congress must explicitly state "We declare war"? No, it doesn't.

You are just being silly and cranky now.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Carol is a childish biotch, but you are even lower than her shabby standards of propriety.
Why don't you tell us again about Jefferson illegally buying the continent of Louisiana?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You should go underground 6 feet son.
I think you'd really enjoy it then!
I can picture you at an IRS interrogation. Hilarious!

After 4 hours of hearing you talk absolute non sequitor, inane, innocuous Claptrap, they'd place a garbage bag over your head and set you in the corner until Garbage Day.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1976 bill? It states that the Congress must explicitly state "We declare war"? No, it doesn't.
You are just being silly and cranky now.
Tenzing is whistling through his P hole once again. Ignore 'em and he'll dry up like bird poop on a hot Summer day.

Wiki - War Powers Resolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resol...

Someone needs to take this to the SCOTUS - IF the SCOTUS has any balls to tackle it.

Sooner better than later because we have an arrogant Magic Negro with visions of grandeur holding his finger on the trigger of his "Skeet Rifle":>
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
War Powers is irrelevant to the discussion thus further illustrating your complete idiocy.
You don't have to keep doing it, we get it.
It was relevant to the post I was responding to.

You're being a grumpy old fool stomping around insisting it has to be YOUR way without offering anything to back up your claim.

You have SQUAT and you know it, but you idiotically think calling names is the answer to your dilemma.

Maybe you can fool your buds or make them cower with this behavior. However, in the real world acting obtuse doesn't work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 850,321 - 850,340 of1,072,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Maverick 808 45,479
Abby 7-11 24 min edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,158
Amy 7-11 1 hr Mister Tonka 13
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Doug77 4,574
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search