Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926045 Jun 17, 2013
Every time they compare obama to BUSH they are really saying obama SUCKS just like BUSH
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926046 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment withdrawn after further review.
You can't do that. Keep fighting, never withdraw.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926047 Jun 17, 2013
It's the first time in CNN polling since November 2011 that a majority of Americans have had a negative view of the president, CNN reported.

The severe drop in Obama's approval rating was fueled by a sharp 17-point drop among Americans under 30, according to the poll. That's particularly discouraging heading into 2014 because Democrats have felt they have a lock on the youth vote after the 2012 elections.

"The drop in Obama's support is fueled by a dramatic 17-point decline over the past month among people under 30, who, along with black Americans, had been the most loyal part of the Obama coalition," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said.

The president also dropped 10 points among independent voters, from 47 percent last month to 37 percent. Obama's disapproval among independents jumped 12 points to 61 percent. Again, more bad news for Democrats because those independents are especially important in mid-term elections in which older, more conservative Americans predominate.

The network pointed to several major scandals as evidence for the drop.

"The White House has been under siege over telephone and Internet surveillance, the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups, its handling of the terror attack on the U.S. consular post in Benghazi, Libya, and the Justice Department's collecting journalists' phone records as part of the government's investigation into leaks of classified information," CNN reported.

"It is clear that revelations about NSA surveillance programs have damaged Obama's standing with the public, although older controversies like the IRS matter may have begun to take their toll as well," Holland told the network.The president's approval rating on domestic issues like the economy, immigration and the deficit dropped by 2 to 4 points,
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926048 Jun 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you want me to use leap of faith reasoning so that i'll just believe whatever you say?
i was just kidding about me using right wing leap of faith reasoning, so you're going to have to point out the errors. i'll need all sources cited, with any fact checking sources to also be supplied so that i don't have to do it myself.
get busy.
I told you where to find the info- Wikipedia.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#926049 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, now you're going to believe the Russians ? In communist Russia, anyone who claims his right of free speech is 'radicalized'. In America, a person's right to free speech is protected by the government,even yours,--understand the difference between a democratic country and a dictatorial one now?
We are a republic (government of laws) not a democracy(government of people).
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926050 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows the truth about Obama, whose entire life before 2004 is shrouded in mystery.
We know more about Obama than any other person on this planet.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926051 Jun 17, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...President Obama won't be reelected .
Republican House approval is in single digits.
A SHI**Y ENDING TO A SHI**Y PRESIDENCY no change things really got worst under obama he was just one big let down PHONY just one mans opinion
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926052 Jun 17, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...President Obama won't be reelected .
Republican House approval is in single digits.
So? Very few of the seats are in jeopardy. Including large pops from major Liberal urban areas in polls does not address local leanings.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926053 Jun 17, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! Carol's on one her PC, anti union, anti liberal rants again.
There seems to be a pattern going on here. What we know about Carol is that she says that she was a history teacher and I have no reason to dispute this. We also know from her numerous posts that her take on history is to put it kindly, unique.
So maybe, and I'm just posing the possibility, that good old Carol tried to lay her "unique" version of history on her students, got nailed for it and the union didn't back her up.
Just speculating here.
What's even funnier about your "assessment" of me "laying my unique version" of American history on my fifth grade students is universities are now liberal brainwashing institutions - and you're okay with that.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926054 Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
Every time they compare obama to BUSH they are really saying obama SUCKS just like BUSH
I know.

They also are saying NSA sucks despite their efforts to defend it.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926055 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer conveniently eliminated the fact that these events occurred in the 1990s. Homer apparently reads the same dead tree news as Bocajew Jean, delivered by carrier pigeon.
Keep up, Homer.
Have they changed their way of doing things since then? Actually they are probably purchasing more from overseas now, taking advantage of slave labor, so you may have a good point.
LCN Lincoln

United States

#926056 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I can see your point. A successful buisnessman who had a "sterling record" according to the former Democratic president and who actually led something - like the governor of a state - would definitely be the less desirable choice because of his personal beliefs than someone who leads by default and flies by the seat of his pants creating an unprecedented lack of trust in government, the likes of which we have never seen before.
You da' man, Lincoln. Good job with your amazingly accurate means of deducing any situation...<tongue in cheek>...
Without the 47% video tape who knows ?
Biden walked all over the GOP VP in the debate
Peace
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926057 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> We have tips that you associate with 'questionable groups' too , but only in states like Russia that doesn't have a Bill of Rights' would "a right of association and free speech" be considered to be 'radicalizing' an individual. In fact, the Russians did not tell the F.B.I much of anything useful in the investigation of the Tsarnaev brothers--the F.B.I. found out on their own --the Russians asked the F.B.I. for help, it wasn't the other way around like you pretend.
This is a no brainer. Russia was RIGHT the individual was radicalized as he exploded a bomb in a crowd.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#926058 Jun 17, 2013
School district scanned children’s eyes for bus program without permission

http://www.infowars.com/school-district-scann...

Why Homeschooling is on the Rise

http://homeschooling.about.com/od/gettingstar...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926059 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We know more about Obama than any other person on this planet.
We only know what he wants us to know and what you're being told you need to know.

But, you're right that we do know plenty about his past connections and associations. And that he won twice in the Illinois Senate because of "controversy" and "scandals" involving his opponents who were forced to drop out so he won unopposed by a slim margin. Same with the U.S. Senate...won unopposed because of a "leaked" scandal.

But that's corrupt Chicago politics for ya'. Now it's in the White House.

Hi anyway, Homer.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926060 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you're still dodging the subject. If I have to take my belt off and tan your hide to get an answer out of you, it won't be pretty.
Now, here's the post again. Break out your Big Chief tablet and tell us why you support Obama and the Democrats leading the government in a revolt against the constitutional republic:
... anything to avoid talking about the real issue.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Yup. We'll most likely have to fight another war over the principles written in the Constitution.
What do you think? Do you think the Democrats are willing to fight a war to eliminate the Constitution?
Or, do you think they plan to fight a war to stay in the White House so a follow-on administration can't discover all the treason going on there now?
I'm thinking, considering there are Wahhabists in the White House while Wahhabism is at war with the United States, it is likely there are hanging offenses happening.
You keep threatening to take your belt off son.

Just do it already.

You're talk is simply getting boring.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926061 Jun 17, 2013
OBAMAS million $ donor Bill Maher called OBAMA a LADY PART lololo lets hear the URBAN DEMOCRATS MAKE THEIR COmments
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926062 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... back away from the crack pipe.
You pretend to have military service. I think you're a lying fraud. Are you one of those frauds who pretended to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" that slandered real veterans with lies?
Why would you join a political party that spit on veterans and invented a system of lies to slander them with?
... well?
No son. You keep insisting.

So feel free to prove your point at anytime.

You really must not have any brains, do you?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926063 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain why it is necessary to post an obviously fraudulent birth certificate on the White House web site?
Care to explain why the White House lawyers reach into the Stratosphere to come up with reasons why that obviously fraudulent birth certificate can't be submitted as evidence in any case?
Do you think it might be because even they know it's fraudulent?
Because it's not?

You know, you're free to sue them.

Why don't you exercise your rights for a change instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you, son?
LCN Lincoln

United States

#926064 Jun 17, 2013
In honor of of Medicare recipient Ann Rand
and Galt, why don't we all post in the third person on Tuesday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min J RULES 71,042
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Brian_G 49,220
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Uzi 68,883
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 12 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 12 hr _Zoey_ 363
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH