Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#926209 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Obvious.
The IRS used its authority to obstruct certain political orientations (coincidentally opposed to the current administration) while passing those same application from another political orientation through.
That is a criminal offense.
That is a felony.
So, since the FBI says the IRS case is "solved", and it is obvious a felony was committed, tell us who went to prison.
Well? Who went to prison for the crimes the IRS committed?
criminal offense....

At IRS,'Tea Party' could mean 'liberal,' official says

When front-line tax agents in Cincinnati used the term "tea party," they didn't just mean conservative groups. Instead, a "tea party" case could refer to an application for tax-exemption from any group -- including liberal ones -- believed to be engaging in political activity, one IRS official told congressional investigators.

"Since the first case that came up to Washington happened to have that name, it appeared to me that that's what they were calling it that as a shorthand, because the first case had been that," said Holly Paz, the Internal Revenue Service's director of rulings and agreements. She said "tea party" could mean any political group, just like "Coke" is used as a generic term for soda, or people refer to tissues as "Kleenex."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

so yes, it is a criminal offense to lie to the IRS about your political activities that you try to pass off as tax exempt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926210 Jun 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Marshall Plan?
Marshall Earp? Marshall Dillon? Marshall Tucker?
Maybe Battie Lou's Lipitor is allergic to her Prozac eh?
Or maybe she meant marital law?
Realtime was probably a great used car dealer, seeing as that he is such an a-hole, just like everyone in that business.

Applies to new car sales as well. Worst things about buying a car are the salesmen and the dealership. Can't wait to be able to buy directly from the manufacturer.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926211 Jun 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"Marshall" Law??? What a moran, Batty Loo, did you 'learn' them kiddies that when you were with "George" in the "John" reading a history book? LMAO@U
So what if this guy is right...

"There is now nothing the USA can do to prevent the collapse of its currency and its economy. It has no reserves to support its value and has the most indebted country in the world. Both Russia and China have said they will be switching their considerable dollar reserves into Euro creating a global lack of confidence in the currency and setting into free-fall. It will soon bring about the total collapse of the dollar and the American economy."

...and you're wrong?

He's not the only one saying it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926212 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! See son? Like I said all you do is repeat.
There's no reason for anyone else to change.
Yeah response #6

The "son" toss in thinking his posts without any substance suddenly will have authority by tossing this in.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926213 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? How 'large' of a salary son?
I'm assuming your position is based on NO reduction of SS benefits.
Beyond age 66 (depending on year of birth), an individual can have unlimited earnings without any reduction of benefits.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926214 Jun 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not true in most states or at this time.
It was true in Pennsylvania where all state employees had a cushy gig. Maybe you're old enough to remember that PA state mining inspectors qualified for black lung benefits that could then be assigned to their wives upon death, no matter the cause.
When did this come to an end?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#926215 Jun 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"When the Social Security program began in 1937, government employees -- including state workers -- did not participate. Social Security amendments in 1950 permitted states to enter into agreements with Social Security, allowing their employees to contribute to the Social Security system. As of 2007, approximately 70 percent of state and local employees pay into Social Security. When employees retire, become disabled or die, they and their dependents are eligible for Social Security as well as their state pension benefits."
http://www.ehow.com/about_7464195_can-retirem...
1937???? GFY some more, Idiot. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10045.html
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926216 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot wants what the Democrats have planned.
The Democrats are too full of themselves to not doing it, and too ignorant to avoid doing it.
It should be obvious to everyone the Democrats intend to eliminate the Constitution.
It should be obvious the Democrats are preparing for a large-scale war with the American people.
It should be obvious the Democrats' economic agenda will collapse the government.
Just connect the dots to predict the future.
I do believe we will fight another war over the principles of limited government and individual liberty in this country. The Democrats think so, too. That's why Janet Napolitano is buying more weaponry than 90 percent of the countries in the world have.
They do tend to like having their own little party and not invite the rest of us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#926217 Jun 17, 2013
Asked during a live chat on The Guardian's website to respond to U.S. officials who have called him a traitor, Edward Snowden, the self-proclaimed source of recently leaked top secret National Security Agency documents, said he considers it an honor to be called a traitor by the likes of former Vice President Dick Cheney.

"[I]t's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney," Snowden wrote. "This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926218 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
martial law
Oh, yeah, sorry...was thinking law marshal, like Marshal Dillon.

No wonder leosnana had a fit.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926219 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If a wiseass like you ever tried to work in a factory, or on a construction project, or on a farm, your fat mouth would get your teethed kicked out in the first five minutes.
Why are rightwingers so violent towards women?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#926220 Jun 17, 2013
* Terry Lynn Nichols's Declaration Re: Oklahoma City Bombing
* Terry Lynn Nichol's Letter to Attorney General Ashcroft Re: Oklahoma City Bombing
* David Paul Hammer's Declaration Re: Oklahoma City Bombing
* Peter K. Langan's Declaration Re: Oklahoma City Bombing
* Video of Aryan Republican Army a.k.a. Mid-West Bank Robbers

http://www.kennethtrentadue.com/information.h...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926221 Jun 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not true in most states or at this time.
It was true in Pennsylvania where all state employees had a cushy gig. Maybe you're old enough to remember that PA state mining inspectors qualified for black lung benefits that could then be assigned to their wives upon death, no matter the cause.
Taking PA teachers, as you note:

Thirty-five years service at 2.5% per year = 87.5% of salary
Add SS tax not paid = 7.5% of salary
Add retirement not paid = 6.5% of salary
Add state income tax not paid = 3.1% of salary
Add local income tax not paid = 1.0% of salary

Total retirement pay = 105.6% of net working salary

Then add Social Security on top of that.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926222 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Marshall Dillon? Why would it be named after a fictional radio/tv character?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#926223 Jun 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You just give muslims a bad name regardless of facts or rationality. Given the fact that I'm from a Christian country (America), & my father, his father, & mother are all preachers,(I didn't name Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins), who all followed the same path but, by your logic, I should be Christian but, I'm not! I'm no religion. I believe in good & evil, God & the Devil, spirit & mind, knowledge & ignorance! You name what religion his father & step father was but, never mention what religion the people that raised him was, his mother & grand parents!
So, you probably have some serious objections to the constant stream of lies coming out of the White House, right?
What gives muslims a bad name is that they run around the world killing everyone who isn't muslim. Perhaps you've been in a coma the past 40 years.

Good and evil...
Limited government.
Good or evil?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
Good or evil?

Knowledge & ignorance...
Shall we discuss the Cold War and how the Democrats invented a system of lies to dupe the country with, and how they outright joined the communists and assisted them in their attempt to end the existence of the United States?

You will find that you are completely ignorant.
I'll begin.
Vietnam was one of several proxy wars that were part of the Cold War.
Ho Chi Minh asked the French to return to Vietnam to remove the Chinese who refused to leave after they monitored the removal of the Japanese army. The French brought elections with them.
... the very beginning shows your indoctrinated information to be fraudulent, doesn't it?... it gets worse.

I laughed out loud when I read where you wrote about knowledge and ignorance.
Would you be ignorant of the fact that Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States after the White House watched the real-time video of Al Qaeda killing Americans? No, you wouldn't. For some reason, government lies are oko with you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926224 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.

Just ignore that prissy twit.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#926225 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot wants what the Democrats have planned.
The Democrats are too full of themselves to not doing it, and too ignorant to avoid doing it.
It should be obvious to everyone the Democrats intend to eliminate the Constitution.
It should be obvious the Democrats are preparing for a large-scale war with the American people.
It should be obvious the Democrats' economic agenda will collapse the government.
Just connect the dots to predict the future.
I do believe we will fight another war over the principles of limited government and individual liberty in this country. The Democrats think so, too. That's why Janet Napolitano is buying more weaponry than 90 percent of the countries in the world have.
What do you mean by "It should be obvious the Democrats are preparing for a large scale war with the American people".
Re-read the constitution, Democrats are Americans. Lucky for you that lunatics are also considered Americans in the constitution. You are one sick puppy. Too bad the background check legislation didn't pass, it would prevent folks like you from owning a weapon.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926226 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether Carol is "depending" on Social Security or merely trying to get back her tax money is really none of your business.
Most schoolteachers are retired from teaching before age 62 because of overly generous pension plans, and assuming they do not take other full-time employment, cashing in on Social Security at 62 is a no-brainer.
Leosnana keeps forgetting I left the teaching profession more than two decades ago and only worked in that profession 11 years, less than the 15 years in the profession from which I just retired. I also had a short nursing career another lifetime ago before getting my college degree.

And speaking of being retired now, may I take this opportunity to say how wonderful it is to blog with such happy abandon today?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#926227 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be more than glad to explain the obvious.
After leaving the teaching profession, I lost all benefits including a 401k. They don't keep giving you benefits if you're no longer in the profession. But I did receive a lump sum from my accrued 401k of 10 years minus taxes.
When I started my new career 15 years ago and went part-time a few years ago, again, I forfeited all benefits in lieu of still being on my husband's insurance and knowing he has an excellent 401k - which is now in jeopardy after Obama collapses the dollar once and for all - but is usually the case for many couples and families.
So is everything a little clearer now?
So you "cashed in" all of your benefits (which would have accrued interest and paid at age 60) as so as you found some nut to knock you up cause you didn't really want to be a "professional" any more. Now you've lost you home, paying rent, trying to get SS at age 62, and still looking for work? Sounds like just that 47% "government teat" mentality that all you Grumpy Old Prick ascribe to others while you expect them to pick up the slack for you poor life choices to me...when "martial" law is declared to keep you walking dead from trying to suck the life force out of the working young, it may just look like a Zombie Apocalypse.(BTW, did you know the Civil War was fought to defeat a Vampire takeover from the South? Abe discussed in the Oval Office...lol)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#926228 Jun 17, 2013
The Aryan Republican Army, Elohim City,
and the OKC Bombing

Internet postings and a civil suit
by some survivors of the bombing have
accused Brescia of being an accomplice
in the Oklahoma City Bombing.
Aside from robbing banks, the terrorist cell
stockpiled weapons and ammunition, and had every
opportunity to orchestrate a terrorist bombing.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/ara_okc.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Cold Front 69,804
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Scrutiny 187,842
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min mdbuilder 53,049
News Obama and his Library-to-Be 1 hr Whiny larry 1
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 7 hr jorgeleone 1
College Scandals 16 hr music 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]