Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#926003 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may interject, Galt was absolutely correct in saying teachers must be more accountable to their students rather than the unions and liberal politicians who have made too many of them politically correct robots.
Too many teachers have been programmed to believe participating in the politically correct poison is necessary to keep their jobs.
Nevermind the students know they're being poisoned and their schools have become madhouses where no one gives a damn about them.
Oh goody! Carol's on one her PC, anti union, anti liberal rants again.
There seems to be a pattern going on here. What we know about Carol is that she says that she was a history teacher and I have no reason to dispute this. We also know from her numerous posts that her take on history is to put it kindly, unique.
So maybe, and I'm just posing the possibility, that good old Carol tried to lay her "unique" version of history on her students, got nailed for it and the union didn't back her up.
Just speculating here.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926005 Jun 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm all for the immigration bill.
i just thought it was funny that after all of the right wing noise about Obama colluding with the MSM, that FOX has to help the right wing idiots in Congress figure out what they should be doing.
Face it you saw FNS and wet your pants.

The members of the gang of eight are still avoiding appearing on the shows listed.

That is the problem with the Politicol article or perhaps it is with your Progressive site that is telling you to trust them that this is what the article says.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#926006 Jun 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News’ Attempts To Tie IRS Controversies To Obama Demolished – By Bush’s IRS Commissioner
The O’Reilly Factor hosted former IRS Commissioner, Mark Everson Friday night (6/14/13) to discuss, as guest host Monica Crowley put it, what “could very well be the most dangerous scandal in U.S. history,” the questionable scrutiny by the IRS of Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status. Unfortunately for Conspiracy Theory Crowley, Everson destroyed her partisan efforts to make the IRS problems all about President Obama. And there was no way Crowley could blame Everson’s views on “Democrat” partisanship because he was appointed by and served under George W. Bush.
http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_attempts_to...
So, since it's obvious the IRS acted criminally, and the FBI says the IRS case is "solved", we're wondering who was sent to prison.

Well, who was sent to prison for this?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#926007 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
A gallon-sized jar of whole pickles is something to behold. The jar is the size of a small aquarium. The fat green pickles, floating in swampy juice, look reptilian, their shapes exaggerated by the glass. It weighs 12 pounds, too big to carry with one hand. The gallon jar of pickles is a display of abundance and excess; it is entrancing, and also vaguely unsettling. This is the product that Wal-Mart fell in love with: Vlasic's gallon jar of pickles.
Wal-Mart priced it at $2.97--a year's supply of pickles for less than $3! "They were using it as a 'statement' item," says Pat Hunn, who calls himself the "mad scientist" of Vlasic's gallon jar. "Wal-Mart was putting it before consumers, saying, This represents what Wal-Mart's about. You can buy a stinkin' gallon of pickles for $2.97. And it's the nation's number-one brand."
Therein lies the basic conundrum of doing business with the world's largest retailer. By selling a gallon of kosher dills for less than most grocers sell a quart, Wal-Mart may have provided a ser-vice for its customers. But what did it do for Vlasic? The pickle maker had spent decades convincing customers that they should pay a premium for its brand. Now Wal-Mart was practically giving them away. And the fevered buying spree that resulted distorted every aspect of Vlasic's operations, from farm field to factory to financial statement.
Indeed, as Vlasic discovered, the real story of Wal-Mart, the story that never gets told, is the story of the pressure the biggest retailer relentlessly applies to its suppliers in the name of bringing us "every day low prices." It's the story of what that pressure does to the companies Wal-Mart does business with, to U.S. manufacturing, and to the economy as a whole. That story can be found floating in a gallon jar of pickles at Wal-Mart.
http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you...
I wonder how many gallons Flack has at his house?
I'm begging you all please stop shopping at Wal-Mart and slowly killing the U.S.A.
but, but, but...Mr & Mrs Obama now love Walmart. doesnt that automatically mean you will too?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#926008 Jun 17, 2013
Attention Walmart shoppers
Posted: 10:42 PM, June 16, 2013

Here in a city where politicians fight new businesses that want to come to town, it’s no secret that Walmart remains unwelcome. But the retail giant has just landed a friend in a high place: the White House.

His name is Jason Furman, President Obama’s new pick to chair the Council of Economic Advisers. This should be of particular interest to New Yorkers: As a visiting professor at NYU in 2005, Furman authored a study heralding Walmart as “A Progressive Success Story.”

In his paper, Furman addressed the debilitating impact on the poor of this misguided, left-wing opposition:

“[To] the degree the anti-Walmart campaign slows or halts the spread of Walmart to new areas, it will lead to higher prices that disproportionately harm lower-income families.”

And he’s not the only pro-Walmart voice in the administration: Earlier this year, Obama named Sylvia Mathews Burwell, former head of the Walmart Foundation, as his budget director.

Obama wasn’t always this friendly. In 2008, his campaign attacked Hillary Clinton for sitting on the board of the Arkansas-based retailer.

Since then, however, his hometown of Chicago has opened its doors to Walmart.

Meanwhile, wife Michelle gushes about the low prices and high quality of its fruits and vegetables. During a visit to a Missouri Walmart in February, the First Lady hailed the retailer for “showing us that what’s good for kids and good for family budgets can also be good for business.”

Anyone on our City Council listening?

Read more: President Obama’s pro-Walmart economic adviser—Editorial - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#926009 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Step out of the meth lab, grab a few gulps of fresh air, and try and post again.
When you stop stereotyping and lumping it as awrl DUH same...Homzee.

Until then-as always, I shall continue to remain, with the pure elements of vinegar coursing through my very being--and to loathe mtn dew as well... GROSS, NASTY, YUCKY..disgusting stuff.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926010 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, now you're going to believe the Russians ? In communist Russia, anyone who claims his right of free speech is 'radicalized'. In America, a person's right to free speech is protected by the government,even yours,--understand the difference between a democratic country and a dictatorial one now?
Hello,

Russia gave us an alert that the Boston Bomber was engaging with questionable groups.

Guess what, the Russians were right the Bomber was radicalized and the Boston bombing did accrue.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#926012 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
A gallon-sized jar of whole pickles is something to behold. The jar is the size of a small aquarium. The fat green pickles, floating in swampy juice, look reptilian, their shapes exaggerated by the glass. It weighs 12 pounds, too big to carry with one hand. The gallon jar of pickles is a display of abundance and excess; it is entrancing, and also vaguely unsettling. This is the product that Wal-Mart fell in love with: Vlasic's gallon jar of pickles.
Wal-Mart priced it at $2.97--a year's supply of pickles for less than $3! "They were using it as a 'statement' item," says Pat Hunn, who calls himself the "mad scientist" of Vlasic's gallon jar. "Wal-Mart was putting it before consumers, saying, This represents what Wal-Mart's about. You can buy a stinkin' gallon of pickles for $2.97. And it's the nation's number-one brand."
Therein lies the basic conundrum of doing business with the world's largest retailer. By selling a gallon of kosher dills for less than most grocers sell a quart, Wal-Mart may have provided a ser-vice for its customers. But what did it do for Vlasic? The pickle maker had spent decades convincing customers that they should pay a premium for its brand. Now Wal-Mart was practically giving them away. And the fevered buying spree that resulted distorted every aspect of Vlasic's operations, from farm field to factory to financial statement.
Indeed, as Vlasic discovered, the real story of Wal-Mart, the story that never gets told, is the story of the pressure the biggest retailer relentlessly applies to its suppliers in the name of bringing us "every day low prices." It's the story of what that pressure does to the companies Wal-Mart does business with, to U.S. manufacturing, and to the economy as a whole. That story can be found floating in a gallon jar of pickles at Wal-Mart.
http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you...
I wonder how many gallons Flack has at his house?
I'm begging you all please stop shopping at Wal-Mart and slowly killing the U.S.A.
One of those marketing amazement moments for national sales folks every where.

Till Clausssen arrived on the scene anyway.

FAR tastier to some, no matter which direction one points it in lol.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#926013 Jun 17, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a feeble attempt at humor or a cry for help from a mentally ill moron?
Naw Sucker, just an observation of a "smart liberal" like you in action. LOL!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#926014 Jun 17, 2013
Where is the court order that authorizes?
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#926015 Jun 17, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>LOOK at a map. Any one that can not see that GW Bush was a genius by going into Iraq and stabalizing and keeping a presence there is an idiot. If O'bama had not pulled out of Iraq and lost the war--WE would not be in this mess with the world. Hell-there never would have been a terrorist spring under GW Bush. We wouldn't be arming anyone. We would be leading the world. WHAT is the O'bama doctrine? Some liberal moron needs to step forward and explain it.
HEY STUPID! Bush destabilized the region when he invaded Iraq. How many suicide bombings were there before the invasion? NONE! Ethnic dislocation? NONE!
Obama withdrew our troops on the time line set by Bush.
You're an idiot!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#926016 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since it's obvious the IRS acted criminally, and the FBI says the IRS case is "solved", we're wondering who was sent to prison.
Well, who was sent to prison for this?
obvious?

guesses don't count unless you're a right wing guest on a FOX.

so as soon as FOX can get more than 3 million nutjobs to watch the nightly circus....
proud2bwhite

United States

#926017 Jun 17, 2013
6 dead /41wounded in chicago weekend shootings.Hmmm , how's them restrictive gun control laws working out for you chicago ? How longs it gonna take for the liberal mind to understand that criminals don't obey laws? Logical thought would make one think that thug control rather than gun control is needed,but then again liberals don't think logically .
Will we ever hear obama say that if he had sons they would look like the shooters?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#926018 Jun 17, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! Carol's on one her PC, anti union, anti liberal rants again.
There seems to be a pattern going on here. What we know about Carol is that she says that she was a history teacher and I have no reason to dispute this. We also know from her numerous posts that her take on history is to put it kindly, unique.
So maybe, and I'm just posing the possibility, that good old Carol tried to lay her "unique" version of history on her students, got nailed for it and the union didn't back her up.
Just speculating here.
God! I hope writing isn't a requirement of your occupation!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#926019 Jun 17, 2013
Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

When Republicans won control of the House of Representatives in 2010, Representative Darrell Issa of California was supposed to become a star. Issa, who made no secret of his ambition, took over the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, vowing to use the power of his chairmanship to stage hundreds of hearings and hold the Obama administration to account. Anticipating what he promised would be “constant battle,” the White House hired extra lawyers and braced for the onslaught.

But Issa wasn’t the force people expected him to be. His biggest investigation, into the botched anti-gun smuggling operation that left a Border Patrol agent dead, incited right-wing talk radio listeners. Beyond that, though, it barely registered. After two years in power, Issa seemed more bark than bite.

Then came last month’s revelation that IRS agents had singled out Tea Party groups for special scrutiny. Here was an issue that seized public attention and posed a legitimate threat to Obama. Since then, nobody in Congress has pushed harder than Issa to pin the scandal on the White House.

But after a burst of attention, Issa’s investigation appears to have stalled. Although he turned up embarrassing material—has any government official been humiliated quite like the IRS commissioner in the dorky video dressed up as Spock?—Issa hasn’t made the all-important connection to the White House. And he may not be able to. The news this week that he won’t release the full transcripts of his interviews with IRS officials—interviews he selectively quoted from to imply White House complicity—suggests that what they contain may in fact exonerate the administration of the very charge Issa is laboring so hard to prosecute.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#926020 Jun 17, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
ANTHONY COOPER, 56
It took a tragedy for Anthony Cooper to learn he might be the sire of his eighth child.
Cooper, a grandpa who lives outside Atlanta, was at a party in 2010 when he heard that a one-time flame, Bonita Moss, had disappeared near her home on Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn in 2006.
He had known Moss since she was 18, and the two had a long connection, staying in touch for years. During that time, Moss had a baby girl, Ciara.“She never said it was my daughter,” he said.“I don’t even think she knew that was a possibility.”
That’s because Moss— whose seven biological kids are with three other women — was messing around with another guy at the time Ciara was conceived, said Cooper.
But he still kept an ember on the fire for Moss, who remains missing but would now be 52.
With kin in Coney Island, Cooper, a music producer by trade, began to travel back and forth to see if he could help find Moss.“I still have that love for her,” he said.
The silver lining was that he met and grew close to Ciara (above with Cooper), 25 — in whom he noticed striking similarities to his own features, particularly his nose and cheekbones.
“I can’t see me in her baby pictures, but I see it now,” he said.
REVEALED: He’s not the daddy.“She calls me dad and her daughters call me granddaddy — that’s not going to change,” said Cooper, who said he’d seek to adopt Ciara if she’s game.
She is.“Test results don’t change anything,” she said.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/who_your_d...
repeat after me:
"it's the culture."
They need to reform some that welfare (lack of) "culture" stuff. To two (TOPS) per baby mamas.

Atter that-tough tuhbooty-put they on they own.
(and watch how FAST some of that Uncle daddy givverment bearing litter bullchit would stop!!)
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926021 Jun 17, 2013
COMING TO AMERICA In order to provide a pretext for police aggression against peaceful protestors, undercover police officers, acting as agents provocateurs, threw Molotov cocktails Tuesday at police, after which police launched a vicious attack on protestors.

A broad coalition of groups courageously gathered in Taksim Square is protesting neoliberal governmental policies, including economic, agricultural and environmental policies, human rights abuses, mass detentions, privatization of water resources, attacks on freedom of the press and on freedom of religion, and the treatment of Kurdish citizens of Turkey. The protestors’ politics range from moderate to center right to nationalist to left liberal to extreme leftist.“All these people have in common,” Gulay told me,“is they are critical of government policies.”

When lawyers were issuing a press statement decrying the mass detentions of their clients, some 50 lawyers were arrested and dragged on the ground by riot police. Many lawyers were injured before they were released 10 hours later. Nearly 3,000 lawyers gathered at the courthouse Tuesday to protest these detentions.

There is an ongoing and dangerous process of criminalization of lawyers in Turkey. Nine of fifteen lawyers arrested on January 18, 2013, for representing unpopular clients, remain in custody without charges or access to legal papers about their cases. On that date, police raided the Istanbul and Ankara offices of the Progressive Lawyers Association (CHD), a member organization of the International Association of Democratic Lawyers (IADL). Twelve CHD officers or members were violently detained under vague terrorism-related allegations. They were interrogated about their representation of clients. They were denied water and the use of a bathroom.

These arrests, detentions, and seizure of property—including confidential client files—violate the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The cases are pending in the Special Heavy Penal Courts, which have jurisdiction over “terrorism” proceedings. Their use of secret evidence and repressive procedures have been condemned by several international and regional human rights monitoring bodies and mechanisms. The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Independence of Judges and Lawyers, Gabriela Knaul, who recently visited Turkey, strongly criticized [PDF] the Special Heavy Penal Courts, saying their “special authority” does not comply with human rights standards on fair trial, and they should therefore be abolished.

A group of 500 lawyers who went to the courthouse to protest the lawyers’ detention in January were assaulted by police. The Istanbul Bar Associationlambasted the unlawful raids as an “explicit attack towards the legal profession and its honor, as well as the people’s right to legal remedies.”
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#926022 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it from your response that you think Bush was a great president, so great that a very common propaganda line from the Democrats is "Bush did it, too."
What you should do is actually read the Patriot Act to learn that what is happening now could not possibly have legally happened under the Patriot Act. That is why a new law had to be written. The Patriot Act would not have permitted what is happening now.
So why was Bush recorded as saying he thinks what is going on regarding the (my words) witch hunts/scandals is by the letter of the law? He also said the threats as in terrorist attacks still exist & without screening phone records & connecting the dots, the chances of another 9/11 increase drastically. Without PRISM, we have a bunch of Boston bombings in which you all blame the president for. Can't have it both ways.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#926023 Jun 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
Russia gave us an alert that the Boston Bomber was engaging with questionable groups.
Guess what, the Russians were right the Bomber was radicalized and the Boston bombing did accrue.
We have tips that you associate with 'questionable groups' too , but only in states like Russia that doesn't have a Bill of Rights' would "a right of association and free speech" be considered to be 'radicalizing' an individual. In fact, the Russians did not tell the F.B.I much of anything useful in the investigation of the Tsarnaev brothers--the F.B.I. found out on their own --the Russians asked the F.B.I. for help, it wasn't the other way around like you pretend.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926024 Jun 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauthammer:'My jaw dropped' at Obama's Syria plan: http://tinyurl.com/llsrgwf
Obama has been in over his head since 2008. My jaw drops too everytime I think about it.

He missed his calling. He would have been a great actor. He and Michelle would have been fit right in with Tinsel Town's facade and become Hollyweird's sweethearts. Sort of like now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Valid Points 18 min Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 40 min GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 1 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 2 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 9 hr Sublime1 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web