Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926106 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Son, you apparently also taught lying.
One of the most liberal teachers I worked with said, "If it makes sense, you won't find it in the public school system."

He also said, "If you care, you won't last." He said it to me personally.

You just want to believe I'm lying. But you'll believe anything if it's coming from another liberal.

Why is that?
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926107 Jun 17, 2013
A second US crisis
If the months of April-May, with a great deal of media hype, seem to agree with the US-UK-Japanese method of monetary easing (to put it mildly) against the Euroland method of reasoned austerity, for several weeks now the champions of all-finance have had a little more difficulty in claiming victory. The IMF, terrified by the global impact of the economic slowdown in Europe, doesn’t know what else to come up with to force Europeans to continue spending and make deficits explode again: even empty boutique World must continue to give the impression that it’s still in business, and Europe isn’t playing the game.But the toxic effects of central bank operations in Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom now demolish the argument (or rather propaganda) touting the success of the “other method”, supposed to allow recovery in Japan, the US and the United Kingdom (incidentally, the latter has never even been mentioned).

The currently developing second crisis could have been avoided if the world had taken note that the United States, structurally incapable of reforming itself, was unable to implement other methods than those which had led to the 2008 crisis. Like the irresponsible “too big to fail” banks, the “systemically” irresponsible countries should have been placed under supervision from 2009 as suggested from the GEAB n° 28 (October 2008). Unfortunately the institutions of global governance have proved to be completely ineffective and powerless in managing the crisis. Only regional good sense has been able to put it in place; the international arena producing nothing, everyone began to settle their problems in their part of the world.

The other crucial reform advocated (11) since 2009 by the LEAP/E2020 team focused on taking a completely new look at the international monetary system. In 40 years of US trade imbalances and the volatility of its currency, the dollar as the pillar of the international monetary system has been the carrier of all the United States’ colds to the rest of the world, and this destabilising pillar is now at the heart of the global problem because the United States is no longer suffering from a cold but bubonic plague.

Absent having reformed the international monetary system in 2009, a second crisis is coming. With it comes a new window of opportunity to reform the international monetary system at the G20 in September (12) and one almost hopes that the shock happens by then to force an agreement on this subject, otherwise the summit risks taking place too soon to gain everyone’s support.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926108 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan was probably wrong to stick to the facts and be civil and respectful in the face of a senile old bully like Biden....but still won the debate.
lol! Ryan tried to hide the facts.

He even used his mom as a political tool.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926109 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart provides jobs for unskilled people who would largely be unemployable elsewhere, plus low prices for people on limited budgets.
And when they are done taking over that is all that will be left - unskilled people and people on limited budgets

Hopefully I will be dead by then.

Walmart is destroying this great nation.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#926110 Jun 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, if cons want to, and insist upon shooting themselves in the foot and mouth, who am I to countermand them?
The only thing I can do is sit back and enjoy the comedy they provide!
Whatever you say, Wash Out.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926111 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
They all lived and grew up here in the United States.
That's what makes this president seem more like a usurper. To some of us anyway. He may have been born in Hawaii but his roots are not anything similar to any other president in our nation's history.
His middle name is even different than any other president's. William "Hussein" Clinton would have raised some eyebrows too.
lol! Ah! Fear of the unfamiliar.....I'm sure you'd prefer something more familiar... like Hitler.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926112 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what makes this president seem more like a usurper. To some of us anyway. He may have been born in Hawaii but his roots are not anything similar to any other president in our nation's history.
His middle name is even different than any other president's. William "Hussein" Clinton would have raised some eyebrows too.
So basically you just don't like foreign/foreign sounding names.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#926113 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> We have tips that you associate with 'questionable groups' too , but only in states like Russia that doesn't have a Bill of Rights' would "a right of association and free speech" be considered to be 'radicalizing' an individual. In fact, the Russians did not tell the F.B.I much of anything useful in the investigation of the Tsarnaev brothers--the F.B.I. found out on their own --the Russians asked the F.B.I. for help, it wasn't the other way around like you pretend.
Let's see now...
The Russians notice the muslim terrorist from the USA visiting known terrorists and they tell the FBI. Then, this terrorist enters the USA again after the Russians informed the FBI about his terrorist associations in Russia, and the FBI, NSA, DHS, IRS, and every other government agency was too busy spying on the TEA Party and Congress and Journalists to investigate this terrorist and spy on him.

Did I get that right?

By the way, who is the enemy Janet Napolitano is preparing to fight a large-scale war against? Would it be the same people the government is spying on?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#926114 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
RINOs are Democrats.
Boehner caves on all issues in January.
The "Gang of Eight" RINOs... enough said.
McCain meets with Al Qaeda after they massacred an entire Christian village.
NDAA eliminating the Posse Comitatus law.
Cowering to Democrats over gun running to Mexican drug cartels.
White House obviously lying after Benghazi.
Spying on the general American population.
Helping Janet Napolitano build a military machine in preparation for a war against the American people.
... and on, and on, and on....
RINOs are Democrats, dufus. They should just go ahead and join that party.
The problem with being paranoid in a political environment is that you eventually must be FOR something.
Just curious, what politicians are worthy of your support?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#926115 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots like yourself care about stuff like this. No offense.

Wanted: One pasty old white guy, preferably born in the Midwest, Christian, with name like Smith or Bush to be president, must like clearing brush, long walks and sunsets on the beach, apply at GOP headquarters.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926116 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most liberal teachers I worked with said, "If it makes sense, you won't find it in the public school system."
He also said, "If you care, you won't last." He said it to me personally.
You just want to believe I'm lying. But you'll believe anything if it's coming from another liberal.
Why is that?
No son. You claim to back up your position.

I have no problems with that.

But you just don't follow through.

So based on your word versus the real world, I'll take the real world.

You might have had the authority to be a bully in the classroom, but not here. People do think in this arena.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926117 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has been in over his head since 2008. My jaw drops too everytime I think about it.
He missed his calling. He would have been a great actor. He and Michelle would have been fit right in with Tinsel Town's facade and become Hollyweird's sweethearts. Sort of like now.
He is a great actor. He acts like he is president. You have to admit he's one of the best actors ever, considering the difference between reality and what Obama pretends to be.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#926118 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>And when they are done taking over that is all that will be left - unskilled people and people on limited budgets
Hopefully I will be dead by then.
Walmart is destroying this great nation.
Seeing how you are already brain dead, Boner, it looks like you have a jump on things.

Not to worry though! Obamacare will make sure many good paying full time jobs will be turned into part time jobs. You Democrats are good at having a records for sustained high unemployment.

You must be proud!

I know! Raise taxes! That will stimulate the economy, right retard?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926119 Jun 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Reagan sure didn't miss his calling! The fact is, he wasn't good at either but, he was a better actor than president. At least in film when he screws up, he gets a mulligan. As president when he messed up America suffered, FACT!
We're really sorry your side lost the Cold War.
Get over it. You lost. We won.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926120 Jun 17, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Wash Out.
It's not me son.

It's them!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#926121 Jun 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So basically you just don't like foreign/foreign sounding names.
Personally, I'd be more worried about a dude named Homer that looks like Uncle Fester. My kids would never be allowed near the freak.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926122 Jun 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your selective memory acting up again?
When the IRS targeted liberals
Under George W. Bush, it went after the NAACP, Greenpeace and even a liberal church
http://www.drudge.com/news/168333/irs-targete...
The Bush administration looking into two large organizations is nothing to even sneeze at.

Maybe you should look into who Clinton went after. O'Reilly alone was audited 3 times under Clinton.

Even Clinton's targeting pales in comparison to the number of individuals and small groups, not to mention the larger ones, who were not only denied tax exemption under the law but were grilled gestapo-style by the FBI wanting names and addresses of their associates, what they said in their prayers and what material they read.

We're not in Kansas anymore, Tenzing. Time you figured that out.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926123 Jun 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a great actor. He acts like he is president. You have to admit he's one of the best actors ever, considering the difference between reality and what Obama pretends to be.
yes. bushie boy wasn't acting when he killed thousands of American, was he?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926124 Jun 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you don't get it.
The AP was targeted because it had received classified information from someone divulging things they shouldn't. They were looking for info on the leaker.
The black flag is not the symbol of just Al Qaeda & terrorism. The Libyan freedom group used that same flag. This probably will be a shock but Libya was just starting to recover from a civil war. It was dangerous place.
That black flag is a symbol for every Wahhabist terrorists, you moron. It represents world domination by Wahhabism, you dolt.
And, idiot, you need to educate yourself on Wahhabism. Wahhabism and freedom are diametrically opposed.
It is always a dangerous place any place where the Wahhabist terrorists are operating.
Perhaps you can explain to us why we have Wahhabist terrorists in the White House every day, especially since they openly promote being at war with the United States.
... or, was that information not in your last indoctrination session?

So, since the government of Egypt says openly they are at war with the United States, why are we giving them hundreds of billions of dollars worth of arms?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926125 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Put the President's popular ratings drop back into context with the even steeper decline in popularity of Congress now at a historically low 7% approval rating. Then, you can think about why Americans don't like the direction that the government has been heading in its quest to go nowhere but to be re-elected to public office and leave real governing management to Big Business and their lobbyists.
Obama is a puppet of Goldman Sachs.

Obama hates managing, much preferring grandstanding, so the arrangement is mutually beneficial.

What's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Earthling-1 53,064
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 187,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 12 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]