Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
850,101 - 850,120 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925696 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church Sex Abuse Scandals Around the World
On the eve of a possible papal apology for decades of sexual abuse by priests, TIME looks back at the evolving response around the world
Full List
The Catholic Church
Ireland 1936-2009
Mexico 1940s-2005
Wisconsin 1950-1998
Boston 1962-2002
Germany 1970s-2010
Belgium 1970s-2010
Austria 1975-1995
Minnesota 2004-2006
Brazil 2007-2010
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/co... #ixzz2WPUkM6zG
That chart was so obtuse it lacked any value.

America has been at war 1776-2013

Has the US been continuously at war each and every year?

That is the problem with the chart.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925697 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it strange that equal disdain is not payed to teachers molesting students by the Left.
Why is that?
As opposed to the Church's decades of pedophilia son?

The the nearly 3B in hush money paid?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925698 Jun 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
ďI donít have to listen to your phone calls to know what youíre doing.† If I know every single phone call you made, Iím able to determine every single person you talked to, Iím able to get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive.Ē- senator joe biden.
And Biden said that years ago - long before the IRS scandal.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925699 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
<-Everbody->
_________
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
Bad Guy
Someone drew this diagram yesterday. We can't expect them to find the bad guy without any data to narrow down who the bad guy might be.
As far as I'm concerned, they can scan phone numbers until the cows come home.
It's the emails and personal information collected by PRISM that's most concerning even though safeguards are supposedly in place.
Well, the diagram looked more like a triangle with the wide base at the top.

(It didn't post the way I typed it.)
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925700 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You got some magic statistic saying those teachers are on the "left"?
Didn't think so. Carol used to be a teacher, she's certainly not a lefty. Besides, I have yet to see a school district protect a predator teacher going so far as unleashing them on a whole new crop of victims.
Yer a fuggin' idiot ya know that?
a consistent right wing idiot
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925701 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002
No matter how you attempt to spin it, the Congress authorized military force (war).
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/107/hjr...
Yes. And no matter how you spin it, it was based on bushie boy's intel and discretion.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925702 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
NSA is old news, PRISM is new.
If you are worrier about privacy why do you post on Topix, send emails, use a smart phone (if you do) etc.
Digital communications are easy to collect.
The UK seems also doing this:
(Reuters)- Britain intercepted phone calls and monitored computers used by officials taking part in two high-level international finance meetings in London in 2009, a British newspaper said on Sunday.
The Guardian said some delegates from countries in the Group of 20 - which comprises top economies around the world - used Internet cafes that had been set up by British intelligence agencies to read their emails.
The report was published hours before leaders of the Group of Eight countries - all of which are in the G20 - start a two-day summit in Northern Ireland.
Peace
Too many people share far too much private information on their own.

But it's who's looking at what we don't voluntarily share and what they might do with it that's worrisome.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925703 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers molesting Children are not all from the left.
No one is defending child molesters other than you.
Wow, another one.

Let me re-write

I find it strange that equal disdain is not payed to teachers molesting students by the Left.

I find it strange that the Left does not pay equal disdain to teachers molesting students.

Why do I say it?

RCC all the time with Progressives while our schools appear to have major problems of their own.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925704 Jun 16, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> "Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:
[Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; " Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Claus...
That is exactly what Galt said.

No format specified, no phrase with words "declaration of war."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925705 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Does it state it must explicitly state "We declare war" in the resolution? I will help you out, no it doesn't.
The resolution must include the authorizing of military force.
If that's the case son, who did Congress declare war with?

This will either be an easy answer for you since you should be able to find documents to support your claim, or it will turn you into the liar that you are... well actually, it will just show you're s bigger liar than even you thought!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925706 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought she took the 5th and didn't admit to anything
She danced around the Fifth and then effectively admitted concern about criminal liability.

Lerner will be back, if she survives.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925707 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
NSA is old news, PRISM is new.
If you are worrier about privacy why do you post on Topix, send emails, use a smart phone (if you do) etc.
Digital communications are easy to collect.
The UK seems also doing this:
(Reuters)- Britain intercepted phone calls and monitored computers used by officials taking part in two high-level international finance meetings in London in 2009, a British newspaper said on Sunday.
The Guardian said some delegates from countries in the Group of 20 - which comprises top economies around the world - used Internet cafes that had been set up by British intelligence agencies to read their emails.
The report was published hours before leaders of the Group of Eight countries - all of which are in the G20 - start a two-day summit in Northern Ireland.
Peace
NSA is viewed by voters as the most serious scandal in polls.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925708 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican whine began in 1932... they have a great deal of practice.
LOL
Republican "whine"? More like Republican "warnings".

It was Republicans who warned government entitlements could lead to exactly where we are now even back then.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925709 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true
I made two distinct arguments and a qualifier, can't you count that high?

Location hidden

#925710 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the Left mad at Whole Foods
So?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925711 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In the days after the Benghazi attacks, Petraeus clearly said they approved the changes made to the CIA talking pints. He said there no politics in he changes made.
Fact
You & your ilk did not believe the CIA.
But you treat them as gods in briefing Congress n Iraq.
Did you miss that this was from the emails released recently that contained correspondence between the various members involved that night and the days following?

Location hidden

#925712 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to a post about the Libyan war.
I haven't posted a thing in Libya today.

Location hidden

#925713 Jun 16, 2013
"on"
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925714 Jun 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the case son, who did Congress declare war with?
This will either be an easy answer for you since you should be able to find documents to support your claim, or it will turn you into the liar that you are... well actually, it will just show you're s bigger liar than even you thought!
Already posted
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925715 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reuters)- Colm O'Gorman was 14 years old when Father Sean Fortune arrived unannounced at his parents' house in a small town in southern Ireland. The priest was given tea and a seat by the fire, and asked the teenager to help set up a youth group.
"I was 14, and very eager and hungry to be out in the world, involved in things, doing things, making a difference. And that's what he exploited," said O'Gorman, now 46 and the executive director of Amnesty International in Ireland.
The abuse that followed, culminating in Fortune's repeated rape of the boy, was part of one of the greatest scandals ever to hit the Catholic Church, damaging the curtailed papacy of Pope Benedict and posing a huge challenge to whoever succeeds him.
O'Gorman's story is just one in a worldwide scandal that destroyed lives, bankrupted dioceses, and in many cases cost the Church its most precious asset: faith.
No questions were asked when Fortune took O'Gorman to his isolated house for the weekend. Such was the Church's power in Ireland at that time, no one would question a priest.
That was the first time Fortune sexually assaulted O'Gorman. Driving him back to his parents the next day, the priest stopped the car around the corner from the teenager's home.
RECURRING PATTERN
The investigation revealed a bully priest who manipulated and abused people wherever he went, and a Church hierarchy that, after receiving complaints about him, moved him on to places where he found new victims: a pattern that recurred in its handling of abuse cases worldwide.
Fortune killed himself in 1999 while on trial for 66 accounts of assault and rape of boys.
For 20 years before becoming pope, the then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was the man in charge of coordinating the Church's response to abuse cases, as prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. A meticulous scholar, he spent years reading the details of case after case of abuse.
"There was no one in the Church hierarchy who was better positioned to make a real difference than Pope Benedict," David Clohessy, director of the U.S.-based Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests said last week. "He had both the power and the knowledge."
Victims groups say that the Vatican had a policy of not reporting abusive priests to secular authorities, citing evidence such as a letter sent by its head of clergy to a French bishop in 2001, commending him for not denouncing a pedophile priest who had been given 18 years jail for abusing young boys
Ireland
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/07/us-...
Tell me john, how many countries must be affected for it to be widespread.
Here's 10 pages of links to stories from the NYT about child abuse scandals
First, an meaningless anecdote.

Second, what about the responsibility of the parents?

Third, the only way to prevent this in the future is to exclude homosexuals from the priesthood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 51 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE