Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925749 Jun 16, 2013
On a personal note, this is the first night I don't have to think about getting up to work tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my first full day of retirement.

It's a bit scary and liberating at the same time.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925750 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for spying on and targeting political enemies on on the part of this administration, most people wouldn't care about the NSA.
Half of the country being treated like political enemies wasn't heard of until now. Even Nixon didn't go this far.
I read your opinions.

Look up more on Nixon. Republicans gave him more trouble than Democrats. Look up Goldwater's role is urging Nixon to resign

In a major crisis the parties will come together for the good of the US. Without this we have deadlock.

Similar to the situation in 1940.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#925751 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were not one of the major "birthers" we might listen.
Benghazi was a screw up.
Your party is divided between "born agains" and libertarians.
Just because you REFUSE to "open" your eyes and SEE the *TRUTH*
Does NOT mean it is NOT the TRUTH!

obama has ADMITTED his father is Kenyan, from Kenya. Kenya is in Africa. Africa at the time Barrack Hussein obama Jr. was born was UNDER British control. The British are who WE fought for Independence in the The American Revolutionary War.

WE WON! No longer a British colony!

Our Founding Fathers came up with a WHOLE NEW set of rules for the American people called The Constitution of The United States. In that there was a clause for the president of the US to BE a "natural born" citizen.
The ONLY two offices that REQUIRE that ARE:
the president AND the vice president of the United States!

Art I Sect II Clause 5
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. The Law of Nations IS a part of the "law of our land" according to Chief Justice Marshall in 1815 according to a speech given by +++ Ruth Bader Gingsburg in 2010, as can be seen in links below.

From the birth of the United States as a nation, foreign and international law influenced legal reasoning and judicial decision making. Founding fathers, most notably, Alexander Hamilton and John Adams, were familiar with leading international law treatises, the law merchant, and English constitutional law. And they used that learning as advocates in legal contests.

The ***U. S. Constitution, in Article I, authorized Congress to define and punish “Offences against the Law of Nations,” and the very first Congress passed the Alien Tort Act, which empowers federal courts to entertain civil actions brought by an alien for a tort “committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”

The law of nations, Chief Justice Marshall famously said in 1815, is part of the law of our land. Decisions of the courts of other countries, Marshall explained, show how the law of nations is understood elsewhere, and will be considered in determining the rule which is to prevail here. Those decisions, he clarified, while not binding authority for U. S. courts, merit respectful attention for their potential persuasive value.

Decades later, in 1900, the U. S. Supreme Court reaffirmed that

“[i]nternational law is part of our law and must be ascertained and administered by [our] courts of justice ....[W]here there is no treaty, no controlling executive or legislative act or judicial decision, resort must be had to the customs and usages of civilized nations, and, as evidence of these, to the works of jurists and commentators, who by years of labor, research and experience, have made themselves peculiarly well acquainted with the subject of which they treat.”

Those works today, include the writings of many in this audience.

+++ http://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/speech...

Article I
Section 8
Clause 10
10)To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
http://constitutionus.com/

More to continue ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#925752 Jun 16, 2013
Continued

Alexander Hamilton - Founding Father

Following the American Revolution, Hamilton studied law under James Duane. Hamilton qualified to practice law in record time. Duane schooled Hamilton in the natural law of ^^Emmerich de Vattel [Law of Nations fame]...

Hamilton played a crucial role in convincing the population of the new American republic of the necessity to call a Constitutional Convention to establish a new Constitution, because the government of the Articles of Confederation was not functioning.

To win support for the ratification of the Constitution by the New York State Legislature, Hamilton coauthored with James Madison and John Jay, Federalist letters. These letters, which were published in newspapers at the time of the debate in the New York Legislature, have become a classic source on the meaning of the U.S. Constitution.

Hamilton became the first Secretary of the Treasury under America's first President, George Washington. He defined the American System of economics. Hamilton developed a conception of cooperation between government and private interests to ensure economic expansion to provide for the general welfare. He wrote three Reports: a Report on the Public Credit, A Report on a National Bank and a Report on Manufactures.

^^Emmerich de Vattel [Law of Nations
BOOK I.
OF NATIONS CONSIDERED IN THEMSELVES.
CHAP. XIX.
OF OUR NATIVE COUNTRY, AND SEVERAL THINGS THAT RELATE TO IT.
§ 212. Citizens and natives.

BOOK I.
CHAP. XIX.[19]
§ 212. Citizens and natives.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives,

or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.

The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it.

The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent.

We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.

I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen;
for,
if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925753 Jun 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why? I enjoy watching them trying to go ape over something that doesn't exist.
Reminds me of why bushie boy invaded iraq.
Right.

(Because that was because of Saddams rogue invanding dictatorship and bin_ladens insane psychopathic coercings.)
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#925754 Jun 16, 2013
Devout Prayers

For God's Holy Church

O ALMIGHTY and everlasting God,
who hast revealed Thy glory to
all nations in Christ, preserve
the works of Thy mercy that Thy
Church, spread throughout the world,
may persevere with steadfast faith
in the confession of Thy name; through,
etc. Amen.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925755 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
???
You Catholic?
I mean, you're taking it kinda personal. Seems like only a Catholic would defend such horrific behavior, especially the institutionalization of it. What about your whole "law and order" stance? Church authorities aiding and abetting felons?
So unlike you.
Maybe he actually sees, it's Kinda like judging a barrel full of fruit (no matter what kind of fruit) and calling them all the same, because of a few rotted ones within it.

Spreading collective hate collectively--Something the "fruit of absolute Ignorance" excels at.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925756 Jun 16, 2013
Birthers = Truthers
You are riding a dead horse
Name five Republican Senators who are birthers ?
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you REFUSE to "open" your eyes and SEE the *TRUTH*
Does NOT mean it is NOT the TRUTH!
obama has ADMITTED his father is Kenyan, from Kenya. Kenya is in Africa. Africa at the time Barrack Hussein obama Jr. was born was UNDER British control. The British are who WE fought for Independence in the The American Revolutionary War.
WE WON! No longer a British colony!
Our Founding Fathers came up with a WHOLE NEW set of rules for the American people called The Constitution of The United States. In that there was a clause for the president of the US to BE a "natural born" citizen.
The ONLY two offices that REQUIRE that ARE:
the president AND the vice president of the United States!
Art I Sect II Clause 5
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. The Law of Nations IS a part of the "law of our land" according to Chief Justice Marshall in 1815 according to a speech given by +++ Ruth Bader Gingsburg in 2010, as can be seen in links below.
From the birth of the United States as a nation, foreign and international law influenced legal reasoning and judicial decision making. Founding fathers, most notably, Alexander Hamilton and John Adams, were familiar with leading international law treatises, the law merchant, and English constitutional law. And they used that learning as advocates in legal contests.
The ***U. S. Constitution, in Article I, authorized Congress to define and punish “Offences against the Law of Nations,” and the very first Congress passed the Alien Tort Act, which empowers federal courts to entertain civil actions brought by an alien for a tort “committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”
The law of nations, Chief Justice Marshall famously said in 1815, is part of the law of our land. Decisions of the courts of other countries, Marshall explained, show how the law of nations is understood elsewhere, and will be considered in determining the rule which is to prevail here. Those decisions, he clarified, while not binding authority for U. S. courts, merit respectful attention for their potential persuasive value.
Decades later, in 1900, the U. S. Supreme Court reaffirmed that
“[i]nternational law is part of our law and must be ascertained and administered by [our] courts of justice ....[W]here there is no treaty, no controlling executive or legislative act or judicial decision, resort must be had to the customs and usages of civilized nations, and, as evidence of these, to the works of jurists and commentators, who by years of labor, research and experience, have made themselves peculiarly well acquainted with the subject of which they treat.”
Those works today, include the writings of many in this audience.
+++ http://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/speech...
Article I
Section 8
Clause 10
10)To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
http://constitutionus.com/
More to continue ...
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925757 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
On a personal note, this is the first night I don't have to think about getting up to work tomorrow.
Tomorrow is my first full day of retirement.
It's a bit scary and liberating at the same time.
E n j o y !!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925758 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers molesting Children are not all from the left.
No one is defending child molesters other than you.
Then you have include the not-so-famous, low lifes of the secular realms of the perverted too.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925759 Jun 16, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
WE, the concerned American Patriots ...
have NOT and WILL NOT ...
move on until WE ...
GET SOME ANSWERS!
Four Americans WERE KILLED
Did NOT have to BE!
WE have military READY for such as that "happening" ...
They were TOLD to
STAND DOWN by someone!
WHY?
Those Four that died in "fighting for OUR Country" ...
Have FAMILIES
that DESERVE answers ...
PLUS, WE as Americans NEED to know and GET RID OF ...
The one RESPONSIBLE for it ...
SO ...
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
THAT IS THE AMERICAN WAY!
Generals and people in HIGH Command were let go for NOTHING ...
For someones "ineptness" AND "abuse of POWER" ...
THAT someone needs to OWN UP ...
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
IF you were an American PATRIOT ...
you WOULD FEEL the same way!
Your words SHOW you ARE NOT!
How many Americans killed in Iraq?

How many WMD?

STFU
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925760 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Already posted
Your opinion? I know it's been posted son.

That's your normal mode.

My apologies for not going lower on the intelligence scale.

I was talking in terms of something more... independent... of you!

Location hidden

#925761 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Does it state it must explicitly state "We declare war" in the resolution? I will help you out, no it doesn't.
The resolution must include the authorizing of military force.
Yes you idiot, it says "declare" and "war", not authorize spending or the "use of military force".
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925762 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the progressive liberal climate in the public schools that has led to chaos.
Sort of like the radical liberalism in politics.
I see.

So the pedophilia in the Church was a 'good' thing until it got out into the public?

wow.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925763 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am stating what the law is and what the requirements are in the 1976 bill.
You are attaching requirements that the law does not contain.
Getting all emotional about it shows that is YOUR real objective rather than understanding the LAW.
"I am stating what the law is....."

Hmmmm.... a curious statement to make all by it's lonesome.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#925764 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
Birthers = Truthers
You are riding a dead horse
Name five Republican Senators who are birthers ?
<quoted text>
you and WHO else give a damn?
If ya do ...

Call:
10800-GIV-ADAM

The American People SHOULD care!
We are being usurped by a 'foreigner'...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925765 Jun 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to the Church's decades of pedophilia son?
The the nearly 3B in hush money paid?
Is that like political hush money?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925766 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just plain dumb!
Again show me any PROGRESSIVES here making any comments about the pedophiles in our schools at any point until I pointed this out. You can't.
It is twisted logic to say it is defending the RCC to point out the lack of concern from Progressives when it relates to pedophilia at school.
And yet, the RCC paid hush money... worldwide... to keep it under wraps.

Location hidden

#925767 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let you try this again
The Left shows disdain for the Catholic Church
My comment
"I find it strange that equal disdain is not payed to teachers molesting students by the Left."
I am sure Carol did not use your strange interpretation of the post.
Then why the fck did you post it to me? Your implication was clearly that teachers were all on the left and don't say its me, the only other replies you got to this turd understood it the same way. In any case I disagree, I don't think you've seen the left or anybody else dismiss child abuse by teachers. Just part of your "right" world fantasy.
HAHA OBAMA LOL

Waterbury, CT

#925768 Jun 16, 2013
U.S. President Barack Obama ordered to provide Syrian rebels with American weapons, Reuters said with reference to an unnamed source in the administration. Military sources told The Wall Street Journal that a limited no-fly zone was going to be created above Syria, along the border with Jordan - a key U.S. ally in the region. There is a continuous flow of refugees into this country. In addition, American instructors train Syrian rebels in Jordan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min MaryanMattie 49,942
Abby 9-23 6 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,228
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 46,845
Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery 3 hr Arif 1
Abby 9-22 5 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 98,253
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••