Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,497)

Showing posts 849,921 - 849,940 of1,072,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, I think parents should be free to cripple their children's future by teaching them false science. I mean, how much "science" do you need to be a checker at Walmart? Those kids who want to learn about real things will eventually reach an age where they will make their own education choices and can move towards correction on their own.
Besides, its less competition in the work market for my kids and grandkids.
Galt made it clear that home schooling is most often a mistake.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln LCN wrote:
Bipartisan support for NSA
Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday strongly defended the recently exposed U.S. surveillance programs, which he helped craft in the aftermath of 9/11, but sharply criticized President Obama for his handling of a range of issues from the Syrian civil war to the Benghazi terror attacks.
Cheney, a Republican vice president from 2001 to 2009 under the Bush administration, told “Fox News Sunday” the National Security Agency-led programs have to remain confidential to keep the information from enemies and that he and other U.S. intelligence officials were concerned about a nuclear attack.
“It was 19 guys with box cutters and airplane tickets,” but the next time it could have been a “nuclear attack,” the 72-year-old Cheney said.
He said former NSA contractor Edward Snowden exposing the gathering of information of phone calls and emails has done “enormous damage” to the United State’s anti-terror programs and called Snowden a “traitor.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/16/ch...
geesh, considering the disastrous foreign policy decisions of the Bush administration, orchestrated by Darth Cheney, he's the last one anyone should go to for advice.

In fact, we should get his opinion and do the exact opposite
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Homophobic Comments From Jeff Flake’s Son Reflect GOP’s Isolation
Tanner Flake’s homophobic remarks are what can result when a racially homogeneous life leads to isolation and a blinkered worldview. That’s also a fair diagnosis for today’s Republican Party.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
Does Sonic think it's OK to blast a 15-year old child?

Can we dump on Obama's children?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's decision to take sides in Islam's internal wars is not helpful.
Ya mean the way he hasn't responded quickly enough to answer to the war drum beating coming from your Republicans?

There's no "right" side to be on, they will never learn this lesson as well as they've learned the lesson that the war industry loves to fund campaigns.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, considering the disastrous foreign policy decisions of the Bush administration, orchestrated by Darth Cheney, he's the last one anyone should go to for advice.
I hear Cheney is looking for a hunting partner. You should take him up on that!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you OWS takers hated Cheney. Now you're quoting him from a Fox news show?
Wow! Desperate, eh?
desperate? LOL

Hypocrisy Overload: Dick Cheney Calls Edward Snowden a Traitor

Dick Cheney helped mislead the country into invading Iraq and has been convicted of war crimes, but he thinks Edward Snowden is a traitor.

....What the former vice president left out of the conversation was that Snowden would have never had access to classified information without the explosion of the private contractor intelligence industry after the Patriot Act was passed. Without the Patriot Act, Edward Snowden may not have been in position to access classified information.

Cheney was part of an administration that fabricated intelligence in order to mislead the country into invading Iraq, so I don’t think he has any room to be tossing the traitor word around.

The former vice president’s capacity for hypocrisy is astounding. Ultimately Edward Snowden is responsible for his own actions, but the policies of Bush/Cheney administration opened the door for this to happen.

The word traitor is being thrown around almost as often as the term whistle blower, but I am not comfortable with either description. The facts are that Snowden is a leaker, who definitely committed crimes. If Edward Snowden did pass intelligence to the Chinese, he is a traitor and a spy.(Interestingly, if Snowden did or does pass information to the Chinese, what does that make Glenn Greenwald?)

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/16/dick-c...

being amused by right wing hypocrisy does not equate to desperation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Sonic think it's OK to blast a 15-year old child?
Can we dump on Obama's children?
can we dump on Obama's children?

oh sure, just act like that hasn't been going on since day one.

once again, you've put the cart before the horse.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Agendas Are Being Outed as Ron Paul Is Using Edward Snowden’s NSA Leak To Raise Money

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/12/agenda...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminder: this is your post I responded to....
"Here's a scandal:
Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.
Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
Yes and you replied that it didn't matter because it didn't poll.

I get it. If it were a Democrat held House pushing through a bill to expand the rights of gay couples you'd be howling.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

With lines like these, its no wonder why the loony left is scared of her.

" I say until we have someone who knows what they’re doing, I say let Allah sort it out,” 

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One might say the same thing about Senate gun control efforts.
Each party has its own lost cause.
I agree, that was a waste of time and money 'cause it was never getting past the House.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda is an ally of Obama in Syria.
... and McCain. He just went and visited with them. In an earlier post maybe you meant to say the Iran was sending troops to Syria to fight McCain since, ya know, he's been there lately.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

“I don’t have to listen to your phone calls to know what you’re doing.  If I know every single phone call you made, I’m able to determine every single person you talked to, I’m able to get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive.” - senator joe biden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking. Your response when someone is right is to call them stupid.
Dumb liberal Idiot.
No really, you are just too stupid to bother with.

Move along.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's decision to take sides in Islam's internal wars is not helpful.
documentation lacking ...

Happy Fathers day if appropriate
Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you on board with our war in Syria?
You must be joking.

Check back with me when a stray Syrian missile hits Alabama.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>LOOK at a map. Any one that can not see that GW Bush was a genius by going into Iraq and stabalizing and keeping a presence there is an idiot. If O'bama had not pulled out of Iraq and lost the war--WE would not be in this mess with the world. Hell-there never would have been a terrorist spring under GW Bush. We wouldn't be arming anyone. We would be leading the world. WHAT is the O'bama doctrine? Some liberal moron needs to step forward and explain it.
I'll give you this much, you have a huge set of balls to say something like that but, all for naught because, you're equally ignorant!

The Bush era tax cuts for the rich combined with medicare part D & two wars, all 3 unfunded &, you call the man a genius?

You continue to deny pure facts. Saddam said he had no WMDs, we found no WMDs!

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 at all!

Daddy Bush bombed Iraq in 92," Clinton bombed all of Iraqs military buildings, destroying all attempts of continuing or starting another nuclear program!

Saddam was complying with the UN inspectors, allowing the searches so, Bush makes up a fricking lie about Mobil labs.

The sanctions imposed by the UN/US was crippling Iraq which forced Saddam to comply

All this damn evidence of incompetence on Bush's behalf &, you choose to call the man a genius! Is the region better off now than when Saddam was in control?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, homeschooling, especially in groups, can be excellent provided you're lucky enough to know somebody good at it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good point, we should do the same with Graham and McCain.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dummy you are
Angela Merkel's advice for Europe's unemployed: move--
Moslems need to move in other words. Like Putin said, go back to your STAN country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 849,921 - 849,940 of1,072,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min voice of peace 67,543
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Stuart Cudahy 68,163
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Maverick 808 45,549
Make 1000$ instantly 3 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Midlothian Composer 97,454
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 173,742
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000