Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#925542 Jun 16, 2013
Yes, desperate indeed sonic-Kool-Aid drinker. Your talking points are silly and ridiculous, just an example of you Democrats politicized the war after they spewed rhetoric getting us into the war in Iraq.

Don't believe me though, leftard. Just humor me and listen to what Madeline Albright and other Democrats said. Then try and spin your way out of their responsibility. You should also remember that the Senate Democrats also voted 29-21 to use force in Iraq:

<-- MUST VIEW, then spin

"Resolution sharply divides Democrats

The Senate vote sharply divided Democrats, with 29 voting for the measure and 21 against. All Republicans except Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island voted for passage"

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/1...
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
desperate? LOL
Hypocrisy Overload: Dick Cheney Calls Edward Snowden a Traitor
Dick Cheney helped mislead the country into invading Iraq and has been convicted of war crimes, but he thinks Edward Snowden is a traitor.
....What the former vice president left out of the conversation was that Snowden would have never had access to classified information without the explosion of the private contractor intelligence industry after the Patriot Act was passed. Without the Patriot Act, Edward Snowden may not have been in position to access classified information.
Cheney was part of an administration that fabricated intelligence in order to mislead the country into invading Iraq, so I donít think he has any room to be tossing the traitor word around.
The former vice presidentís capacity for hypocrisy is astounding. Ultimately Edward Snowden is responsible for his own actions, but the policies of Bush/Cheney administration opened the door for this to happen.
The word traitor is being thrown around almost as often as the term whistle blower, but I am not comfortable with either description. The facts are that Snowden is a leaker, who definitely committed crimes. If Edward Snowden did pass intelligence to the Chinese, he is a traitor and a spy.(Interestingly, if Snowden did or does pass information to the Chinese, what does that make Glenn Greenwald?)
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/16/dick-c...
being amused by right wing hypocrisy does not equate to desperation.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925543 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters is not primarily in politics. So they hold rales, run candidates?
Tea Party. PARTY. The name implies this is primaroly an organization looking to put forth their own candidates.
This is NOT permitted under the rules for the tax exempt status they applied for.
Its that simple.
Then you are WRONG.

The IG report found the IRS targeting groups for having 'Tea Party' in their name was illegal.

Makes no difference what your opinion is as this is not decided by a raise of hands.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925544 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it was the European union that got involved, it was a NATO operation. No U.S. troops took part in any combat activities.....We supplied intel, aerial refueling capability and other logistical support only.
The Arab springs in Tunisia and Egypt has no outside support.
BTW..I disagree with President Obama's decision to get involved in Syria. Its a no win situation which ever side wins....
I do like the idea of Russia supplying Assad with SA-300 missiles...
NATO couldn't defeat the Duchy of Grand Fenwick without the US.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925545 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegaly, as Obama never got Congressional approval. Congress is the only entity that can declare war.
So, our immediate intervention without Congressional approval must have been critical to prevent an imminent attack on the US?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925546 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If only 30% of the public trusts the government you are counting Independents and Libertarians into the NO faith in government list.
Yup, except that most of them are still voting D or R. Its my purpose to educate them.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925547 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it was the European union that got involved, it was a NATO operation. No U.S. troops took part in any combat activities.....We supplied intel, aerial refueling capability and other logistical support only.
BTW..I disagree with President Obama's decision to get involved in Syria. Its a no win situation which ever side wins....
Which is an act of war.

Where is the Congressional vote to declare war on Libya?

Location hidden

#925548 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
With little enthusiasm and without a viable alternative.
Ahhhh, see? There's the difference. That's why you have to defend your Republican Party, you own them (or vice-versa).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925549 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama declared that Mubarak had to go.

Location hidden

#925550 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Powers that be, will manipulate both Sunni and Shiite to the advantage of America,.... with some luck.
Republican President in 2017 will most likely continue this policy
Plan started under President G H W Bush and remains the same?
Peace
Whatever ...

This doesn't add to the conversation? This is "off topic"?

Try reading Fetch Almighty, he's one of yours.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925551 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, except that most of them are still voting D or R. Its my purpose to educate them.
The Libertarian Party needs an independent Presidential candidate with national stature....someone like Bloomberg who respects individual rights.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#925552 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A fictional strawman created by Congressman Stepin Fetchit.
Name the "conservative Republican IRS manager" or STFU.
Provide proof that the White House was involved or STFU.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925553 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney felt Health Care programs should be determined by the states not federal government.
So, why did Romney endorse saving Medicare and Medicaid in 2012? Was Romney just lying again?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925554 Jun 16, 2013
Emaen wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide proof that the White House was involved or STFU.
Watergate took two and one-half years to unravel.

Democrats should welcome a thorough investigation of the IRS...unless there is something to hide.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#925555 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A fictional strawman created by Congressman Stepin Fetchit.
Name the "conservative Republican IRS manager" or STFU.
sure

John Shafer

anymore requests

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925556 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is an act of war.
Where is the Congressional vote to declare war on Libya?
Congress gave their vote in 2001 with the AUMF declaration .Have you read it? I suspect that your answer is no.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925557 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would be your dream candidate on the Libertarian ticket if you persuade him/her to run?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#925558 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama declared that Mubarak had to go.
wow, I didn't realize President Obama was that powerful. Just his mere words were enough to make Mubarak relinquish power. Of course it had nothing to do with the millions of Egyptians protesting, or the army's refusal to quell the protests......
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925559 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney felt Health Care programs should be determined by the states not federal government.
Which Romney, father George or Son 47% Mitt
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925560 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Watergate took two and one-half years to unravel.
Democrats should welcome a thorough investigation of the IRS...unless there is something to hide.
Head of IRS a Republican.

NSA trumps IRS ?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#925561 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is guessing, as usual.
Private insurers have profitability at stake when processing forms. To think that initial forms & subsequent refilings are more than Medicare is ridiculous.
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, administrative costs in Medicare are only about 2 percent of operating expenditures. Defenders of the insurance industry estimate administrative costs as 17 percent of revenue.
Galt has opinions.

He keeps trying to exchange it as a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 14 min Larry Flint 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,266
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 326
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,269
Abby 9-21-14 3 hr cheluzal 11
Amy 9-23-14 5 hr edogxxx 21
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE