Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
849,821 - 849,840 of 1,101,335 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925408 Jun 16, 2013
School violence is widely held to have become a serious problem in recent decades including violence between school students as well as physical attacks by students on school staff.

http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/index.asp...

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/crimeindicators/c...

According to the study National Center for Education Statistics, schools are starting to sound more like madhouses than institutions for learning to me.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925409 Jun 16, 2013
" President Obama, whose deeply held faith in government is unwavering, unintentionally provided that moment of clarity last week. In attempting to dismiss concerns about the NSA disclosures, he said,

"If people can't trust not only the executive branch but also don't trust Congress and don't trust federal judges to make sure that we're abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we're going to have some problems here."

We have a problem.

Just 30 percent of voters nationwide have that much trust in government officials when it comes to these surveillance efforts.

Only 24 percent now are confident that the federal government does the right thing most of the time. "

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925410 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The information that first came out described him as a magistrate judge. Apparently, this was incorrect.
But since that's been cleared up...
Why did Holder go "judge shopping" to illegally confiscate a journalist's emails and phone records?
Why did Judge Lamberth overturn the first two judges' refusal to give Holder permission to break the law?
These are two indisputable facts. Got answers?
politics we treasure in a democracy.

Republicans have yet to resolve inner party conflicts over immigration, minorities, and the changing electorate?

Peace
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925411 Jun 16, 2013
Line up of what voters consider the TOP in seriousness of the recent scandals

"At the moment, 35 percent of voters consider recently exposed National Security Agency surveillance efforts as the most serious. The Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservatives is No. 2 on the list, followed by concerns about the Obama administration's handling of the incident in Benghazi last fall in which the U.S. ambassador to Libya was murdered. The Justice Department's secret probe of reporters' phone and email records is seen as the top concern by only 9 percent. "

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925412 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
politics we treasure in a democracy.
Republicans have yet to resolve inner party conflicts over immigration, minorities, and the changing electorate?
Peace
What does this have to do with Holder judge shopping when looking for one to sign a warrant to gain assess to personal emails and tap phone calls of a reporter?

Nothing, more mindless Progressive squirrel chasing.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925413 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. No question you are a terrific father. I would know.
So Happy Father's Day to you, Tenzing.
Happy Fathers Day to your husband !
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925414 Jun 16, 2013
Two defendants in military rape trail cannot be dishonorably discharged if found guilty..

"Two defendants in military sexual assault cases cannot be punitively discharged, if found guilty, because of “unlawful command influence” derived from comments made by President Barack Obama, a judge ruled in a Hawaii military court this week."

http://www.stripes.com/judge-obama-sex-assaul...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#925415 Jun 16, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the group that John McCain met with when he snuck into Syria last week or the anti-Assad Syrian opposition(SMC) recognized by the U N as the legitimate leaders of the Syrian people? You don't specify who you think Obama is going to aid so I'll assume that you don't know. "Following on the credible evidence that the regime has used chemical weapons against the Syrian people, the President has augmented the provision of non-lethal assistance to the civilian opposition, and also authorized the expansion of our assistance to the Supreme Military Council (SMC), and we will be consulting with Congress on these matters in the coming weeks. This effort is aimed at strengthening the effectiveness of the SMC, and helping to coordinate the provision of assistance by the United States and other partners and allies. Put simply, the Assad regime should know that its actions have led us to increase the scope and scale of assistance that we provide to the opposition, including direct support to the SMC. These efforts will increase going forward." Check this out: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/13/1216...
LOOK at a map. Any one that can not see that GW Bush was a genius by going into Iraq and stabalizing and keeping a presence there is an idiot. If O'bama had not pulled out of Iraq and lost the war--WE would not be in this mess with the world. Hell-there never would have been a terrorist spring under GW Bush. We wouldn't be arming anyone. We would be leading the world. WHAT is the O'bama doctrine? Some liberal moron needs to step forward and explain it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925416 Jun 16, 2013
Some fatherly advice from TV dads

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925417 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with Holder judge shopping when looking for one to sign a warrant to gain assess to personal emails and tap phone calls of a reporter?
Nothing, more mindless Progressive squirrel chasing.
Thanks, Lincoln. He's a good one too.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925418 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Another person stating the US cannot keep spending 85 billion dollars a month to prop up the stock market--
"Currently, Bernanke and company is buying $1 trillion of Treasury and mortgage bonds a year. That's about $85 billion per month against a budget deficit that is about the same level.
According to Schiff, these numbers are unsustainable. And the Fed has no credible "exit strategy."
"The crisis is imminent," Schiff said. "I don't think Obama is going to finish his second term without the bottom dropping out. And stock market investors are oblivious to the problems."
"We're broke, Schiff added. "We owe trillions. Look at our budget deficit; look at the debt to GDP ratio, the unfunded liabilities. If we were in the Eurozone, they would kick us out."
http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/schiff-us-...
Hey, those bubbles don't inflate themselves ya know.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925419 Jun 16, 2013
So are you wondering what words NSA is monitoring?

Official List Of Words Feds Monitor On Social Networking Sites

"The Feds have been forced to release their social network monitoring manual, which contains the list of words the government watches on social media and news sites.

Earlier the Huffington Post reported on the Feds have been forced to give up their list of words they monitor on Facebook, Twitter, and comments being posted on news articles, so I compiled that list below."

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/official-...

Use them frequently

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925420 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Line up of what voters consider the TOP in seriousness of the recent scandals
"At the moment, 35 percent of voters consider recently exposed National Security Agency surveillance efforts as the most serious. The Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservatives is No. 2 on the list, followed by concerns about the Obama administration's handling of the incident in Benghazi last fall in which the U.S. ambassador to Libya was murdered. The Justice Department's secret probe of reporters' phone and email records is seen as the top concern by only 9 percent. "
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Here's a scandal:

Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.

Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#925421 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
This is how our government "creates" jobs.
In the 50's we orchestrated a coup to overthrow the democratically elected President of Iran and installed a US friendly dictator in the form of the Shah. Once the locals got tired of the tyrant and overthrew him we harbored him and froze offshore Iranian assets. Once the hostage crisis was resolved we went on to impose sanctions.
So, american cars are very popular in Iran. Smuggling replacement parts to keep the pre-1979 american car fleet running is big business. Iran has 75 million potential customers that the US government has closed off to us because ... I'm not really sure.
Iran held a presidential election yesterday and out of a field of six candidates the people chose the one moderate. I think they're sending us a signal but don't think for a minute that I believe our government and electorate aren't stupid enough to pass it up.
Light the torches!
Who over threw the Shah? Jimmy Carter is responsible for 'lighting' the torches and bringing Islam to the rest of the world. Poof!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925422 Jun 16, 2013
flack wrote:
Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love along the wire
They say that the road
Ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line it's been you and me
And loving a music man
Ain't always what it's suppose to be
Oh girl
You stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully
Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need a clown to make us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am lost without you
And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learning to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh girl
You stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm still yours
Ever yours
Faithfully
Journey
Happy Father's Day!!!
Happy Father's Day, flack! Your children are blessed to have you as their dad.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925423 Jun 16, 2013
I hopefully do not need to explain this cartoon, but just in case--it is about all the people watching our text message and social pages

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2aUsMcC6tNY/UbpZyYo...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925424 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a scandal:
Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.
Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
Hmmm, Violation of privacy, incompetence in Benghazi and IRS using enemy lists trumped this with the voters
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925425 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
So are you wondering what words NSA is monitoring?
Official List Of Words Feds Monitor On Social Networking Sites
"The Feds have been forced to release their social network monitoring manual, which contains the list of words the government watches on social media and news sites.
Earlier the Huffington Post reported on the Feds have been forced to give up their list of words they monitor on Facebook, Twitter, and comments being posted on news articles, so I compiled that list below."
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/official-...
Use them frequently
It's not so much the monitoring of phone numbers to find the bad guys but the legitimate concern of spying on political enemies.
ed U kate

United States

#925426 Jun 16, 2013

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925427 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The information that first came out described him as a magistrate judge. Apparently, this was incorrect.
But since that's been cleared up...
Why did Holder go "judge shopping" to illegally confiscate a journalist's emails and phone records?
Why did Judge Lamberth overturn the first two judges' refusal to give Holder permission to break the law?
These are two indisputable facts. Got answers?
What took you so long to call out the government for possible abuses of power and rule of law?. You're looking vindictive and resentful at the right wingers losing the 2012 elections because 'the time for the right wing to make these arguments was probably 2004, not 2013.Check this out: http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2010/07/13/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 21 min FXX 3
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 24 min My Flowers 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min Whiny1 4,683
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr I Hate You 49,487
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,753
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••