Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#925735 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
His testimony in the days following the attacks was treated as lies by you & your ilk.
Here is his opening statement when-

Patraeus spoke to congress on June 15, 2011

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/a...

How can the immediate emails the night of the attack and the days be irrelevant except in
Dave's lala land.
Sup

Santa Ynez, CA

#925736 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone in the IRS leaked names and addresses of conservatives who applied for tax exemption and who happened to be against gay marriage to a liberal pro-gay marriage website.
This is the concern with PRISM. Some of us are now considered political enemies of the state.
Unless you've been in our shoes, you wouldn't understand.
True that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925737 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
???
You Catholic?
I mean, you're taking it kinda personal. Seems like only a Catholic would defend such horrific behavior, especially the institutionalization of it. What about your whole "law and order" stance? Church authorities aiding and abetting felons?
So unlike you.
Galt is not a Roman Catholic and has little respect for the Roman Church, a corrupt institution.

Galt also does not place much stock in claims of abuse from decades ago when there was no initial complaint, regardless of the institution involved. Much of it smells too much of jumping on the bandwagon to cash in.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925738 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat. No one is giving teachers that molest any break whatsoever. You are a liar.
You were caught defending molestation on the Catholic Church.
This is just plain dumb!

Again show me any PROGRESSIVES here making any comments about the pedophiles in our schools at any point until I pointed this out. You can't.

It is twisted logic to say it is defending the RCC to point out the lack of concern from Progressives when it relates to pedophilia at school.
Sup

Santa Ynez, CA

#925739 Jun 16, 2013
We're all Americans, why can't we all just get along?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925740 Jun 16, 2013
Sup wrote:
<quoted text>
no one cares.
Except they keep screaming about it.

So which is it?
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925741 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone in the IRS leaked names and addresses of conservatives who applied for tax exemption and who happened to be against gay marriage to a liberal pro-gay marriage website.
This is the concern with PRISM. Some of us are now considered political enemies of the state.
Unless you've been in our shoes, you wouldn't understand.
Everyone has been in these shoes from the 1960s on.
Read up on the NSA.- James Bamford books

James Bamford is on Youtube and on wiki.
Give it a try
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925742 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
last declared in 1941...the SCOTUS has been rather silent.
Yes, because all suits brought lacked the necessary requirements.

Must I point out ONCE again the War Powers Act of 1976
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925743 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Article I, section 8 states (among the enumerated powers of Congress):
"To declare War"
Your equivocation is decidedly weak.
So, what does that mean?

A bill, a resolution, a voice vote?

Does there need to be a document that states "Declaration of War"?

The WW II declaration was a joint resolution, oddly worded, not actually "declaring war', but stating that a state of war existed. It was then "approved" by FDR, which was completely superfluous.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925744 Jun 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers molesting Children are not all from the left.
No one is defending child molesters other than you.
You repeatedly defend GOPidiots, an admitted child molester.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925745 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress has the power to "declare war" in whichever manner it chooses.
This would be an interesting case for SCOTUS.
I agree. The one standard contained in the resolutions is the authorization of the use of the military. Though not explicit it is implicit and it would be considered foolish to argue that you authorized the use of the military but did not intended them to be used.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925746 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has been in these shoes from the 1960s on.
Read up on the NSA.- James Bamford books
James Bamford is on Youtube and on wiki.
Give it a try
If it weren't for spying on and targeting political enemies on on the part of this administration, most people wouldn't care about the NSA.

Half of the country being treated like political enemies wasn't heard of until now. Even Nixon didn't go this far.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925747 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Republicans and Democrats are financed by the very very rich.
Both enlarge government when in power.
How much was spent by both parties in 2012 and where did the money come from? Doubt if it was the homeless
But it's the hypocrisy on the left who think it's only the right guilty of the above.

There's nothing that shocking about power and wealth going hand in hand. It's been that way from the beginning.

It's the abuse of power having nothing to do with wealth that threatens this republic and this administration's credibility.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925748 Jun 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because all suits brought lacked the necessary requirements.
Must I point out ONCE again the War Powers Act of 1976
Presidents have sort of disputed War power Act.:-)

Since it was passed No president has ever acknowledged its validity but, nonetheless, have complied with it.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#925749 Jun 16, 2013
On a personal note, this is the first night I don't have to think about getting up to work tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my first full day of retirement.

It's a bit scary and liberating at the same time.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#925750 Jun 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for spying on and targeting political enemies on on the part of this administration, most people wouldn't care about the NSA.
Half of the country being treated like political enemies wasn't heard of until now. Even Nixon didn't go this far.
I read your opinions.

Look up more on Nixon. Republicans gave him more trouble than Democrats. Look up Goldwater's role is urging Nixon to resign

In a major crisis the parties will come together for the good of the US. Without this we have deadlock.

Similar to the situation in 1940.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#925752 Jun 16, 2013
Continued

Alexander Hamilton - Founding Father

Following the American Revolution, Hamilton studied law under James Duane. Hamilton qualified to practice law in record time. Duane schooled Hamilton in the natural law of ^^Emmerich de Vattel [Law of Nations fame]...

Hamilton played a crucial role in convincing the population of the new American republic of the necessity to call a Constitutional Convention to establish a new Constitution, because the government of the Articles of Confederation was not functioning.

To win support for the ratification of the Constitution by the New York State Legislature, Hamilton coauthored with James Madison and John Jay, Federalist letters. These letters, which were published in newspapers at the time of the debate in the New York Legislature, have become a classic source on the meaning of the U.S. Constitution.

Hamilton became the first Secretary of the Treasury under America's first President, George Washington. He defined the American System of economics. Hamilton developed a conception of cooperation between government and private interests to ensure economic expansion to provide for the general welfare. He wrote three Reports: a Report on the Public Credit, A Report on a National Bank and a Report on Manufactures.

^^Emmerich de Vattel [Law of Nations
BOOK I.
OF NATIONS CONSIDERED IN THEMSELVES.
CHAP. XIX.
OF OUR NATIVE COUNTRY, AND SEVERAL THINGS THAT RELATE TO IT.
212. Citizens and natives.

BOOK I.
CHAP. XIX.[19]
212. Citizens and natives.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives,

or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.

The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it.

The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent.

We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.

I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen;
for,
if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925753 Jun 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why? I enjoy watching them trying to go ape over something that doesn't exist.
Reminds me of why bushie boy invaded iraq.
Right.

(Because that was because of Saddams rogue invanding dictatorship and bin_ladens insane psychopathic coercings.)
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#925754 Jun 16, 2013
Devout Prayers

For God's Holy Church

O ALMIGHTY and everlasting God,
who hast revealed Thy glory to
all nations in Christ, preserve
the works of Thy mercy that Thy
Church, spread throughout the world,
may persevere with steadfast faith
in the confession of Thy name; through,
etc. Amen.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#925755 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
???
You Catholic?
I mean, you're taking it kinda personal. Seems like only a Catholic would defend such horrific behavior, especially the institutionalization of it. What about your whole "law and order" stance? Church authorities aiding and abetting felons?
So unlike you.
Maybe he actually sees, it's Kinda like judging a barrel full of fruit (no matter what kind of fruit) and calling them all the same, because of a few rotted ones within it.

Spreading collective hate collectively--Something the "fruit of absolute Ignorance" excels at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min IBdaMann 52,990
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min red and right 187,742
Amy May 3-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 5,946
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,210
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,769
Online Shaming 3 hr Sean Daly 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]