Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925446 Jun 16, 2013
Emaen wrote:
House Republicans have now voted to repeal health care reform nearly 40 times. They've spent four years ranting and raving about "government health care" and how awful it is.
Except, when it comes to themselves. And their own government-subsidized health care -- for life, after just a few years of service.
Tell them "Repeal your own government-subsidized heath care first, hypocrites!"
Republicans forced Congress and their staffs to be subject to the exchanges that the American people must suffer.

Democrats don't like that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#925447 Jun 16, 2013
Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that Edward Snowden betrayed his country by leaking classified documents about the U.S. government's surveillance programs and warned that the former National Security Agency contractor may be spying for the Chinese government.

"I think he's a traitor,” Cheney said of Snowden in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”

"I think he has committed crimes in effect by violating agreements given the position he had," he continued. "I think it's one of the worst occasions in my memory of somebody with access to classified information doing enormous damage to the national security interests of the United States."

Cheney raised questions about Snowden's decision to flee to Hong Kong, suggesting he may be sharing sensitive information with the Chinese government. He hinted that Snowden could even be a Chinese spy.

"I'm suspicious because he went to China. That's not a place where you would ordinarily want to go if you are interested in freedom, liberty and so forth," Cheney said. "It raises questions whether or not he had that kind of connection before he did this."

Cheney added that he's also "very, very worried" that Snowden still has sensitive information that he hasn't yet released.

"The Chinese would welcome the opportunity and probably [be] willing to provide immunity for him or sanctuary for him, if you will, in exchange for what he presumably knows or doesn't know," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/16/dick...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925448 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave missed the point that Galt supports public education, controlled at the local level, while recognizing the rights of parents to educate their children themselves. Galt believes that relatively few parents possess that ability.
Agree, I think parents should be free to cripple their children's future by teaching them false science. I mean, how much "science" do you need to be a checker at Walmart? Those kids who want to learn about real things will eventually reach an age where they will make their own education choices and can move towards correction on their own.

Besides, its less competition in the work market for my kids and grandkids.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925449 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
This is how our government "creates" jobs.
In the 50's we orchestrated a coup to overthrow the democratically elected President of Iran and installed a US friendly dictator in the form of the Shah. Once the locals got tired of the tyrant and overthrew him we harbored him and froze offshore Iranian assets. Once the hostage crisis was resolved we went on to impose sanctions.
So, american cars are very popular in Iran. Smuggling replacement parts to keep the pre-1979 american car fleet running is big business. Iran has 75 million potential customers that the US government has closed off to us because ... I'm not really sure.
Iran held a presidential election yesterday and out of a field of six candidates the people chose the one moderate. I think they're sending us a signal but don't think for a minute that I believe our government and electorate aren't stupid enough to pass it up.
Light the torches!
Obama's decision to take sides in Islam's internal wars is not helpful.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#925450 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
Bipartisan support for NSA
Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday strongly defended the recently exposed U.S. surveillance programs, which he helped craft in the aftermath of 9/11, but sharply criticized President Obama for his handling of a range of issues from the Syrian civil war to the Benghazi terror attacks.
Cheney, a Republican vice president from 2001 to 2009 under the Bush administration, told “Fox News Sunday” the National Security Agency-led programs have to remain confidential to keep the information from enemies and that he and other U.S. intelligence officials were concerned about a nuclear attack.
“It was 19 guys with box cutters and airplane tickets,” but the next time it could have been a “nuclear attack,” the 72-year-old Cheney said.
He said former NSA contractor Edward Snowden exposing the gathering of information of phone calls and emails has done “enormous damage” to the United State’s anti-terror programs and called Snowden a “traitor.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/16/ch...
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep our country safe. There is a problem with the abuse of power that is a daily activity for the current resident of The White House. There is nothing wrong with a whistle blower when he is putting the spotlight on political bias and corruption. Every one in the country knows that Obama is using his office to silence any one that doesn't share his radical left wing agenda. Even his most ardent followers can see what has been happening the past several years.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#925451 Jun 16, 2013
Prism and the NSA: Something Congress Can Agree On

The center lives. Bipartisanship is not dead, as Democratic and Republican congressional leaders rally around the National Security Agency’s big data grab. With the exception of op-ed writers, the American Civil Liberties Union, and the Pauls – Rand and Ron – Washington’s establishment is standing together with the administration. In this scrum, party is secondary, at least on Capitol Hill.

In a show of unity virtually unseen since 9/11, the Congressional leadership has come out unanimously in support of the status quo, while deflecting allegations that the Guardian’s news story was actually news.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925452 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, those bubbles don't inflate themselves ya know.
The next bubble will be inflation and rising interest rates.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925453 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So its ok with you that Congress inappropriately diverts our tax dollars into their campaign coffers 'cause it doesn't poll as well?
Its little litmus tests like this that separate the truly small government types from big government partisan hacks.
Guess where you fall?
Reminder: this is your post I responded to....

"Here's a scandal:

Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.

Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#925454 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother, you're too stupid.
Look who's talking. Your response when someone is right is to call them stupid.

Dumb liberal Idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925455 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a scandal:
Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.
Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
One might say the same thing about Senate gun control efforts.

Each party has its own lost cause.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925456 Jun 16, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're denying al qaida is a political enemy. Why do you believe that?
Al Qaeda is an ally of Obama in Syria.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#925457 Jun 16, 2013
Homophobic Comments From Jeff Flake’s Son Reflect GOP’s Isolation

Tanner Flake’s homophobic remarks are what can result when a racially homogeneous life leads to isolation and a blinkered worldview. That’s also a fair diagnosis for today’s Republican Party.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#925458 Jun 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that Edward Snowden betrayed his country by leaking classified documents about the U.S. government's surveillance programs and warned that the former National Security Agency contractor may be spying for the Chinese government.
"I think he's a traitor,” Cheney said of Snowden in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”
"I think he has committed crimes in effect by violating agreements given the position he had," he continued. "I think it's one of the worst occasions in my memory of somebody with access to classified information doing enormous damage to the national security interests of the United States."
Cheney raised questions about Snowden's decision to flee to Hong Kong, suggesting he may be sharing sensitive information with the Chinese government. He hinted that Snowden could even be a Chinese spy.
"I'm suspicious because he went to China. That's not a place where you would ordinarily want to go if you are interested in freedom, liberty and so forth," Cheney said. "It raises questions whether or not he had that kind of connection before he did this."
Cheney added that he's also "very, very worried" that Snowden still has sensitive information that he hasn't yet released.
"The Chinese would welcome the opportunity and probably [be] willing to provide immunity for him or sanctuary for him, if you will, in exchange for what he presumably knows or doesn't know," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/16/dick...
Thought you OWS takers hated Cheney. Now you're quoting him from a Fox news show?

Wow! Desperate, eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925459 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a scandal:
Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.
Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
So, are you on board with our war in Syria?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925460 Jun 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, I think parents should be free to cripple their children's future by teaching them false science. I mean, how much "science" do you need to be a checker at Walmart? Those kids who want to learn about real things will eventually reach an age where they will make their own education choices and can move towards correction on their own.
Besides, its less competition in the work market for my kids and grandkids.
Galt made it clear that home schooling is most often a mistake.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#925461 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
Bipartisan support for NSA
Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday strongly defended the recently exposed U.S. surveillance programs, which he helped craft in the aftermath of 9/11, but sharply criticized President Obama for his handling of a range of issues from the Syrian civil war to the Benghazi terror attacks.
Cheney, a Republican vice president from 2001 to 2009 under the Bush administration, told “Fox News Sunday” the National Security Agency-led programs have to remain confidential to keep the information from enemies and that he and other U.S. intelligence officials were concerned about a nuclear attack.
“It was 19 guys with box cutters and airplane tickets,” but the next time it could have been a “nuclear attack,” the 72-year-old Cheney said.
He said former NSA contractor Edward Snowden exposing the gathering of information of phone calls and emails has done “enormous damage” to the United State’s anti-terror programs and called Snowden a “traitor.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/16/ch...
geesh, considering the disastrous foreign policy decisions of the Bush administration, orchestrated by Darth Cheney, he's the last one anyone should go to for advice.

In fact, we should get his opinion and do the exact opposite
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925462 Jun 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Homophobic Comments From Jeff Flake’s Son Reflect GOP’s Isolation
Tanner Flake’s homophobic remarks are what can result when a racially homogeneous life leads to isolation and a blinkered worldview. That’s also a fair diagnosis for today’s Republican Party.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
Does Sonic think it's OK to blast a 15-year old child?

Can we dump on Obama's children?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#925463 Jun 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's decision to take sides in Islam's internal wars is not helpful.
Ya mean the way he hasn't responded quickly enough to answer to the war drum beating coming from your Republicans?

There's no "right" side to be on, they will never learn this lesson as well as they've learned the lesson that the war industry loves to fund campaigns.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#925464 Jun 16, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, considering the disastrous foreign policy decisions of the Bush administration, orchestrated by Darth Cheney, he's the last one anyone should go to for advice.
In fact, we should get his opinion and do the exact opposite
I hear Cheney is looking for a hunting partner. You should take him up on that!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#925465 Jun 16, 2013
Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you OWS takers hated Cheney. Now you're quoting him from a Fox news show?
Wow! Desperate, eh?
desperate? LOL

Hypocrisy Overload: Dick Cheney Calls Edward Snowden a Traitor

Dick Cheney helped mislead the country into invading Iraq and has been convicted of war crimes, but he thinks Edward Snowden is a traitor.

....What the former vice president left out of the conversation was that Snowden would have never had access to classified information without the explosion of the private contractor intelligence industry after the Patriot Act was passed. Without the Patriot Act, Edward Snowden may not have been in position to access classified information.

Cheney was part of an administration that fabricated intelligence in order to mislead the country into invading Iraq, so I don’t think he has any room to be tossing the traitor word around.

The former vice president’s capacity for hypocrisy is astounding. Ultimately Edward Snowden is responsible for his own actions, but the policies of Bush/Cheney administration opened the door for this to happen.

The word traitor is being thrown around almost as often as the term whistle blower, but I am not comfortable with either description. The facts are that Snowden is a leaker, who definitely committed crimes. If Edward Snowden did pass intelligence to the Chinese, he is a traitor and a spy.(Interestingly, if Snowden did or does pass information to the Chinese, what does that make Glenn Greenwald?)

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/16/dick-c...

being amused by right wing hypocrisy does not equate to desperation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health tips from healthy 70 yr. old 28 min actorvet 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min jacques Ottawa 179,459
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 57 min RJS 7,824
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,524
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 8 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Mandela 68,666
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]