Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,483)

Showing posts 849,641 - 849,660 of1,072,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Doctors dump health insurance plans, charge patients less
UPI 6/15/2013 3:56:04 AM
WICHITA, Kan., June 14 (UPI)--
A Kansas physician says he makes the same income and offers better quality care to his patients after he dumped all health insurance companies.
Thirty-two-year old family physician Doug Nunamaker of Wichita, Kan., said after five years of dealing with the red tape of health insurance companies and the high overhead for the staff he hired just to deal with paperwork, he switched to a system of charging his patients a monthly fee plus the price of an office visit or test, CNN/Money reported.
For example, under Nunamaker's membership plan -- also known as "concierge" medicine or "direct primary care" practices -- each patient pays a flat monthly fee to have unlimited access to the doctors and any medical service they can provide in the practice, such as stitches or an EKG.
For adults up to age 44, Nunamaker charges $50 a month, pediatric services are $10 a month, and for adults age 44 and older it costs $100 a month. Although Nunamaker calls the practice "cash-only," he accepts credit and debit cards for the fees and services.
Nunamaker and his partner negotiated deals for services outside the office. A cholesterol test costs the patient for $3, versus the $90 or more billed to insurance companies; an MRI can cost $400, compared with $2,000 or more billed to insurance companies.
The practice encourages patients and families to also carry some type of high-deductible health insurance plan in case of an emergency or serious illness requiring hospitalization, Nunamaker said.
Nunamaker said his annual salary is around $200,000, and he gets to spend more time with patients providing better care because he is not watching the clock and he gets to spend more time with this family.
Most of Nunamaker's clients are self-employed, small business owners, or small companies that found the monthly fee and the cost of the high-deductible plan was a cheaper option, CNN/Money reported.
Great idea. This is a similar model to universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation. The insurance companies should be eliminated completely, they're not necessary.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your true confession and the cause of your continuous homoerotic fantasies on here. You're not fooling anyone.
You rightwingers are all fked up in the head from being abused and then make jokes about rape. Get help you sicko.
And you spent your entire 4 years of HS servicing the Football Team.

You even used a pseudonym to write a book about it called

*Under The Grandstands by I. C. Butts*
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd make a great Athletic Supporter, Dood.
More homoerotic fantasy, boy, you've got it bad. Why don't you just tell us what happened to you? Was it in prison? Father O'Malley? Your father? The boyscout leader? The coach? Get it off your chest before you do something bad to someone.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd make a great Athletic Supporter, Dood.
And you ARE such a great tampon, son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq"
What part of that don't you understand, dingbat?
29 DemocRATS for, 21 against
You are an idiot.
lol! The difference between you and me is you only read the heading son.

I'm not sure if it's because you're lazy or you just can't read. I think it leans heavily on the former!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Since you're such a supporter of Assad son, you should start kissing israel good bye!
Isn't it interesting that these rightwingers are so anti American that they would go to these lengths to support the Russians?
I truly hope America stays out of this one; let them all kill each other, let Assad gas his people and the Al Quaeda or whoever the rebels are; in the end, Assad will not be able to remain in power anyway. This would become a proxy war, us against the Russians, and I also think that the marathon bombers and Syria are connected in some way. I don't believe the Russians informed the US about this family from Dagestan. Doesn't make sense.
And, why is McCain so hell bent on arming the rebels?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
More homoerotic fantasy, boy, you've got it bad. Why don't you just tell us what happened to you? Was it in prison? Father O'Malley? Your father? The boyscout leader? The coach? Get it off your chest before you do something bad to someone.
lily spends her days in the trailer park reading True Confessions and watching The View.

Don't those hair curlers bother the customers?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you ARE such a great tampon, son!
That wasn't a Tampon you felt, Dood.

Next time, I'll show it to you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And you spent your entire 4 years of HS servicing the Football Team.
You even used a pseudonym to write a book about it called
*Under The Grandstands by I. C. Butts*
Wow, you're so fked up in the head that it's not even funny. Every single post of yours is about butts, proctologists, rape, athletic supporters, you are sick in the head buddy, totally sick, I just hope you're not molesting children; that usually happens when someone has been as abused as you obviously has. Get help sicko.
Did you go to Ohio State? Did Sandusky get you?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that these rightwingers are so anti American that they would go to these lengths to support the Russians?
I truly hope America stays out of this one; let them all kill each other, let Assad gas his people and the Al Quaeda or whoever the rebels are; in the end, Assad will not be able to remain in power anyway. This would become a proxy war, us against the Russians, and I also think that the marathon bombers and Syria are connected in some way. I don't believe the Russians informed the US about this family from Dagestan. Doesn't make sense.
And, why is McCain so hell bent on arming the rebels?
These are true hypocrites.

They hate Russians, yet embrace them at will if it extends their political agenda. They flip flop faster than a fish out of water.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a Tampon you felt, Dood.
Next time, I'll show it to you.
It has to be, son.

There's no other REASONABLE explanation!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not right wing, leftwing loon,however I must say you on the left scare me more than any rightwinger, Tea Partier or religious person, as you have become fascists.
As a Libertarian, I have always relied on me, myself and I to carry my load. You leftists on the other hand feel you NEED government to carry YOUR load.
I believe in limited government and you believe in government doing EVERYTHING.
I have worked hard all my life and made good decisions so I have money you want from me. You on the other hand, feel ENTITLED to WHAT I WORKED FOR.
Basically, I don't want your garbage but you want my money and to benefit from my sweat.
Basically, I am self sufficient and you are a LOSER.
I hope that helps you understand what you are, Moonbat. You obviously cannot understand what it's like to be someone who does not rely on government.
Have a nice day, thief/Democrat.
Red States Are The Real Welfare States

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/02/red-s...

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...

you guys and your right wing myths. it's like you all think FOX has more than 3 million people watching.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A-w-w-w-w, gee. That's just so horrible!
yes, it is.

The IRS Targets Political Opponents Under Both Liberal and Conservative Administrations

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/the-ir...

though i'm having trouble finding any threats of physical violence made by liberals who felt that the Bush admin had targeted political opponents.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

The Media That Bashes Obama Today Ignores Their Own Complicity In Bush’s Crimes

A double standard takes the form of an instance in which certain practices are perceived as conventional when applied by one group, but are considered forbidden when applied by another group making them morally unfair applications of the principle that all are equal. Republicans have never considered that all are equal whether it is their practice of giving corporations the ability to avoid paying taxes and raising tax on the poor, or stealing Americans’ pensions and giving them to the wealthy as tax cuts, their disparate treatment of Americans they are supposed to serve is abominable. However, the people should not feel too set upon, because the contradictory standards the GOP applies to the occupant of the White House are just as despicable as their treatment of the American people and the media is as pathetic as Republicans.

One can understand the sentiments of rubes in conservative ranks with mental recall rivaling an amoeba, but the media and Republicans in Congress, who were both part and parcel of enabling Bush practices they condoned and often promoted, certainly are aware that the so-called outrages of the Obama Administration were commonplace and never questioned, much less assailed as scandalous, when a Republican sat in the Oval Office. It is accepted by any thinking human being that Republicans are hurling fallacious allegations at the Obama White House in spite of irrefutable evidence their attacks are nothing more than witch hunts to cover their incompetence and denial over the results of the last election, but the media is woefully complicit in withholding criticism of Republican double standards and have inexorably joined the likes of Fox News, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh and lost all credibility as responsible journalists.

On Thursday, the New York Times joined Fox News in maligning the President by claiming he had lost all credibility because of “breaking news” the NSA “is secretly collecting the telephone records of millions of U.S. customers of Verizon since 2006,” and one cannot help but wonder where the NYT’s outrage was during the Bush Administration when the practice was initiated. Perhaps the NYT was still basking in the afterglow of promoting the illegal invasion of Iraq, but there is little doubt the paper has at least one employee on staff now that ignored the practice seven years ago and is suddenly outraged because there is a Black man sitting where Bush once sat. It is also suspect that the NYT is ignorant of corporate “data mining” and tracking millions of Americans’ daily routines through social media, GPS data, and bank transactions, but maybe they lack access to reports that banks and corporations regularly monitor American citizens, or perhaps it is that it is acceptable to the media because “corporations are people, and those people aren’t…black” that drives them to give a free pass corporate snooping.

That the media is outraged now with a Black President over the “revelation” the NSA collects data when Americans have been monitored since the Bush administration without a freak-out is the media practice of covering up Republicans’ double standards in assailing President Obama. For example; why is the media not reporting that during the Bush Administration the IRS targeted the NAACP, Greenpeace, and a liberal church, or that one third of the groups recently facing extra scrutiny by the IRS were progressive groups; the same percentage as teabagger and patriot organizations? It is not like that information is secret, or only given to liberal media unencumbered by corporate masters withholding advertising dollars.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/07/republ...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Why too, has the media been remiss to report that while Republicans are wasting taxpayer time and money investigating the so-called scandal surrounding the Benghazi attack that killed 4 diplomats, they and Republicans were silent when 13 attacks resulting in countless American deaths occurred without one investigation, hearing, or inquisition of the Bush White House? The media has also spent the past four years coddling Republicans and failing to report their rank hypocrisy in obstructing economic recovery by reporting Republicans were outraged over the President’s inadequately small stimulus that saved the economy, while forgetting that Paul Ryan made an impassioned plea on the floor of the House for stimulus Bush requested for the war the NYT promoted in 2002, and gave Bush a second stimulus in 2008. During the 2011 debt ceiling crisis, Republican mainstream media never reminded Americans that Bush requested, and was graciously given, 19 debt limit increases to the tune of $4 trillion including one the day Republicans gave another tax cut to the wealthiest Americans, and throughout the healthcare reform debate, while covering teabagger outrage and Republican claims of government taking over healthcare, they never reported to the public the ACA was Republican’s belief tank American Heritage Foundation’s idea.

The list of media cover-ups of Republicans’ applying a different standard to President Obama, an African American man, than a white George Bush is endless, and they are both responsible for the populations’ ignorance of Republican attempts to keep this nation from progressing much beyond the devastation of the last Republican administration. For the New York Times to claim President Obama has lost credibility for a seven year practice their favorite son George W. Bush began informs that the only credibility gap in this country exists in main stream media and not the Obama Administration. It is important to remember that this is the same New York Times that promoted the rush to war with Iraq when they knew Bush was lying and didn’t call for impeachment when Bush outed an active CIA operative to silence a man who reported Iraq was not developing a nuclear weapon. As guilty as Republicans are for applying a different standard to President Obama than they did Bush, the main stream media is worse because their job is supposed to be reporting truth, but truth requires applying the same standard for all; something media and Republicans are incapable of.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/07/republ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what a TRILLION DOLLARS IS?
What can be done with that?
Your Bush borrowed that and spent it in Iraq!
Borrowed!
Plus cut taxes for BILLIONAIRES.
DURING WARTIME.
Biggest ripoff ever!
The nations richest are worth OVER $60 TRILLION TODAY.
The top few percent.
USA is not broke: just too many selfish greedy hypocrite warmonger greedy greedy greedy GOP cry babies morrronnns.
Money is fungible. Just as easy to say that taxes paid for the war and welfare money was unfunded and borrowed. Bunch of greedy welfare moochers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
IRS Officials Receive Violent Threats: Sources
A current and a former top U.S. tax official have been physically threatened in recent weeks as the scandal over Internal Revenue Service targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups has gathered steam, people familiar with their situation say.
Ousted IRS acting commissioner, Steven Miller, has received such threats, according to a source familiar with his situation. The source declined to elaborate on the nature or the source of the threats.
And the head of the tax-exempt unit at the agency, Lois Lerner, who has been put on administrative leave as investigations into the controversy continue, has had telephone and email messages from unknown sources that "threaten physical violence," according to her attorney William Taylor.
....In Cincinnati, where a handful of IRS agents primarily handled tax-exempt applications, IRS employees told Reuters they have been nervous and afraid.
IRS workers, who did not want their names published, said that some employees have been working from home to avoid any confrontations with the media or protesters.
On May 21, at least 200 demonstrators representing Tea Party groups rallied outside the Cincinnati IRS building's front entrance, making employees feel uncomfortable, they said.
On the Internet and talk radio, crude and insulting comments have been made about individual IRS workers, calling them "traitors," "un-American" and worse.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/15/thre...
Well deserved.

IRS officials should be tarred and feathered.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot
The exact OPPOSITE occured in CA which has already begun enrollment in gov't exchanges.
No premium increass.
The majority of Americans won't be affected at alk.
Wrong again, Nobama
Provide a source that shows details and doesn't compare apples and oranges.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq"
What part of that don't you understand, dingbat?
29 DemocRATS for, 21 against
You are an idiot.
Based on lies?

Hey dckhead!

I just byytch slapped a dozen republican mooorrrronnnns!

Step right up.

These dddoouucccchhheeee baaggggs!

Right winger: we got our war!

Yipppeeee!

We borrow $5 TRILLION and cut taxes for billionaires!

Billionaires need tax help? WTF!

Dickkky: We are due.

BIGGEST RIPOFF EVER! YOU OWE THAT!

REPUBLICAN IDIOTS!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 849,641 - 849,660 of1,072,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy July 12 4 min PEllen 1
Abby July 12 6 min PEllen 1
Abby 7-11 11 min PEllen 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,657
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 45 min Not nice 32
Police: 2 dead, 16 wounded in weekend shootings 49 min Dont miss out 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min SpaceBlues 45,504
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••