Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925347 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't need the government then you must live without a car, television set, bank account, no vacation time at the beach, never on any airplane, bus, train, or cruise ship, never in a library, or school ,-- totally off the grid , into the wild , like Christopher McCandliss and looked what happened to him by thinking he had no need of government.
Galt also hates beach vacations, a total bore and an invitation to skin cancer. Suitable only for Bocajews.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925348 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't need the government then you must live without a car, television set, bank account, no vacation time at the beach, never on any airplane, bus, train, or cruise ship, never in a library, or school ,-- totally off the grid , into the wild , like Christopher McCandliss and looked what happened to him by thinking he had no need of government.
Henry David Thoreau found something immensely beautiful outside of government. St. John the Baptist did.

So did Daniel Boone. And the Founding Fathers. And John Muir. And Israel Kamakawiwo&#699;ole...

Socialism shrinks the mind to a vanishing point, Dood.

Come back...!!
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#925350 Jun 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a vacation dumbass.
Bush visited Africa twice...and required the same level of security, etc. I guess FOX is getting really desperate now that the IRS "scandal" has nothing to do with the WH, and since Benghazi witchhunt went no where.
In your opinion, did Lord Obama/Princess Hillary handle the Benghazi incident adequately? When they claimed it was a YouTube video up to two weeks after the 9/11 attach in Libya (Lord Obama addressed the UN saying a bunch of crap about the video to the UN) was he not telling the truth deliberately or was he blissfully ignorant?

He must be one or the other. Which one is it? TELL ME.

If Lord Obama doesn't take Moochelle or his kids, I'll believe that it's a diplomatic visit. Will you eat a big plate of crow if he takes his family?
proud2bwhite

Saxonburg, PA

#925351 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't need the government then you must live without a car, television set, bank account, no vacation time at the beach, never on any airplane, bus, train, or cruise ship, never in a library, or school ,-- totally off the grid , into the wild , like Christopher McCandliss and looked what happened to him by thinking he had no need of government.
damm I was sure that private people invented and produced all those things not government. Did government also say let there be light and ther was light? Well in the liberal mind maybe..
Did you ever think that with out people there would be no government.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925352 Jun 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the reason is purely economic..fewer teaching jobs.
Galt supports public education, but the public schools need to clean up their act and become responsive to students and parents instead of politicians.
Once upon a time, teaching was a greatly respected profession but it has seen better days. It's long slow decay and decline began with its organizing into Liberal Cells and the inclusion of losers, perverts and political hack radicals of the Left via unions.

To wit: the adolescent Magic Negro's communist and Muslim mentors.
The University of Chicago is a breeding ground for this sort of trash, for example.

Yes. Public Education needs to be responsive to students and parents. But because Public Education is increasingly centralized in Washington as a powerful tool for the Left, that hope is quickly fading.

That's why Home Schooling and Charter Schools are the last great hope for American Education.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925353 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time, teaching was a greatly respected profession but it has seen better days. It's long slow decay and decline began with its organizing into Liberal Cells and the inclusion of losers, perverts and political hack radicals of the Left via unions.
To wit: the adolescent Magic Negro's communist and Muslim mentors.
The University of Chicago is a breeding ground for this sort of trash, for example.
Yes. Public Education needs to be responsive to students and parents. But because Public Education is increasingly centralized in Washington as a powerful tool for the Left, that hope is quickly fading.
That's why Home Schooling and Charter Schools are the last great hope for American Education.
Public education should be controlled at the local level, with minimal interference from State government. Federal involvement in education is a disaster that has driven parents to
private schools.

Parents may be able to educate their children at the elementary level, but few have the resources and knowledge to teach high school mathematics, physics, and chemistry.

Teacher unions do not represent the viewpoint of most teachers.

Try to separate the two.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925354 Jun 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, c'mon, now yer exaggeratin'!
Nobody gets a life sentence for sex crimes anymore unless there's a murder involved. And as for men getting more time for a similar sex crime, society tends to believe that men cause more physical harm and more terror than a woman does. Which they do, although I think women are getting stiffer sentences now than in the past too. Remember Mary Kay Latourneau?
How about Deborah LeFave? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_lefave

"Debra Jean Beasley, better known under her former married name of Debra Lafave,(born August 28, 1980) is a former teacher at Angelo L. Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida. She pleaded guilty in 2005 to Lewd or Lascivious Battery. The charges stemmed from a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old student in the summer of 2004. Lafave's lawyer argued that she should not be sentenced to prison because she was so attractive: "To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hellhole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions," her lawyer, John Fitzgibbons, told a Florida court at the time. Lafave's plea bargain included no prison time, opting for 3 years house arrest due to safety concerns and 7 years probation."

Reduced sentence for being attractive? Hello? This means that the Menendez Brothers should have gottne 90 days for killing their parents. A juror later exclaimed that they just couldn't be guilty because they were so handsome!

Or Pamela Turner? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Rogers_Tu...

"Rogers faced 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape on February 4, 2005. The charges stemmed from her 3-month relationship with a teenage boy. Following her arrest, she posted bail of $50,000. When originally charged, Turner plead not guilty.

Rogers later pleaded no contest to four charges of sexual battery by an authority figure on August 12, 2005, as part of a deal with the prosecution. Her sentence was 270 days (about nine months) in the Warren County jail in Tennessee. During an eight-year suspended sentence, she must also serve a term of seven years and three months of probation, register as a sex offender, and surrender her teaching certificate for life."

9 months? NINE MONTHS?

Yahoo: http://tinyurl.com/my4mfp7

"Appalling is the fact that many convicted female teachers receive little to no jail time, unlike their male predator counterparts. Many female teachers, convicted of sex crimes, get probation, a year or less in prison, and some receive temporary house arrest. Judges are quoted, in some of these cases, as telling the felons that their sentences would be much more severe if these female sexual predators were male. In truth, if these sexual predators were male, there would be public uproar."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925355 Jun 15, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> damm I was sure that private people invented and produced all those things not government. Did government also say let there be light and ther was light? Well in the liberal mind maybe..
Did you ever think that with out people there would be no government.
"We the people..."

".—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Kick the bas turd out of the Oval Office lest the government of the people, by the people, for the people, will perish from the earth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925356 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Deborah LeFave? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_lefave
"Debra Jean Beasley, better known under her former married name of Debra Lafave,(born August 28, 1980) is a former teacher at Angelo L. Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida. She pleaded guilty in 2005 to Lewd or Lascivious Battery. The charges stemmed from a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old student in the summer of 2004. Lafave's lawyer argued that she should not be sentenced to prison because she was so attractive: "To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hellhole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions," her lawyer, John Fitzgibbons, told a Florida court at the time. Lafave's plea bargain included no prison time, opting for 3 years house arrest due to safety concerns and 7 years probation."
Reduced sentence for being attractive? Hello? This means that the Menendez Brothers should have gottne 90 days for killing their parents. A juror later exclaimed that they just couldn't be guilty because they were so handsome!
Or Pamela Turner? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Rogers_Tu...
"Rogers faced 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape on February 4, 2005. The charges stemmed from her 3-month relationship with a teenage boy. Following her arrest, she posted bail of $50,000. When originally charged, Turner plead not guilty.
Rogers later pleaded no contest to four charges of sexual battery by an authority figure on August 12, 2005, as part of a deal with the prosecution. Her sentence was 270 days (about nine months) in the Warren County jail in Tennessee. During an eight-year suspended sentence, she must also serve a term of seven years and three months of probation, register as a sex offender, and surrender her teaching certificate for life."
9 months? NINE MONTHS?
Yahoo: http://tinyurl.com/my4mfp7
"Appalling is the fact that many convicted female teachers receive little to no jail time, unlike their male predator counterparts. Many female teachers, convicted of sex crimes, get probation, a year or less in prison, and some receive temporary house arrest. Judges are quoted, in some of these cases, as telling the felons that their sentences would be much more severe if these female sexual predators were male. In truth, if these sexual predators were male, there would be public uproar."
Every normal high school boy dreams of making it with his attractive young teacher, the ultimate fantasy.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925357 Jun 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, c'mon, now yer exaggeratin'!
Nobody gets a life sentence for sex crimes anymore unless there's a murder involved. And as for men getting more time for a similar sex crime, society tends to believe that men cause more physical harm and more terror than a woman does. Which they do, although I think women are getting stiffer sentences now than in the past too. Remember Mary Kay Latourneau?
Are those pistils?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925359 Jun 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Public education should be controlled at the local level, with minimal interference from State government. Federal involvement in education is a disaster that has driven parents to
private schools.
Parents may be able to educate their children at the elementary level, but few have the resources and knowledge to teach high school mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
Teacher unions do not represent the viewpoint of most teachers.
Try to separate the two.
"Parents may be able to educate their children at the elementary level, but few have the resources and knowledge to teach high school mathematics, physics, and chemistry."

That's where the Public Library comes in:]

Feed a man a meal and he'll be back tomorrow for breakfast.
But teach him to fish and he's on his own forever.

Teach your children well and they'll learn how to learn.
Bill Gates, owns an entire Library of *The Great Courses*.
I own a few but can't afford his appetite.

Public Libraries of the future hold the potential to break away from Liberal Propaganda and allow young citizens to learn how to think.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#925360 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Deborah LeFave? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_lefave
"Debra Jean Beasley, better known under her former married name of Debra Lafave,(born August 28, 1980) is a former teacher at Angelo L. Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida. She pleaded guilty in 2005 to Lewd or Lascivious Battery. The charges stemmed from a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old student in the summer of 2004. Lafave's lawyer argued that she should not be sentenced to prison because she was so attractive: "To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hellhole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions," her lawyer, John Fitzgibbons, told a Florida court at the time. Lafave's plea bargain included no prison time, opting for 3 years house arrest due to safety concerns and 7 years probation."
Reduced sentence for being attractive? Hello? This means that the Menendez Brothers should have gottne 90 days for killing their parents. A juror later exclaimed that they just couldn't be guilty because they were so handsome!
Or Pamela Turner? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Rogers_Tu...
"Rogers faced 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape on February 4, 2005. The charges stemmed from her 3-month relationship with a teenage boy. Following her arrest, she posted bail of $50,000. When originally charged, Turner plead not guilty.
Rogers later pleaded no contest to four charges of sexual battery by an authority figure on August 12, 2005, as part of a deal with the prosecution. Her sentence was 270 days (about nine months) in the Warren County jail in Tennessee. During an eight-year suspended sentence, she must also serve a term of seven years and three months of probation, register as a sex offender, and surrender her teaching certificate for life."
9 months? NINE MONTHS?
Yahoo: http://tinyurl.com/my4mfp7
"Appalling is the fact that many convicted female teachers receive little to no jail time, unlike their male predator counterparts. Many female teachers, convicted of sex crimes, get probation, a year or less in prison, and some receive temporary house arrest. Judges are quoted, in some of these cases, as telling the felons that their sentences would be much more severe if these female sexual predators were male. In truth, if these sexual predators were male, there would be public uproar."
I think that women get less time than "some" male perpetrators because in this male dominated society we assume that the younger, teen male was not hurt physically, that he probably was keen on the idea and hadn't been threatened with death if he told, like most male predators do. Our legal system is dominated by males and their "double-standards" that they have inflicted on society. Blame your frustration on them and tell them what you think about how unfair you think it is.

Judges don't always mete out true justice, that's life. Heck, I know of a judge who made the same "hell-hole" comment about a dwarf in our community who is a complete psycho. He claimed, "He won't stand a chance in there against regular sized inmates.", as an excuse for giving the dwarf absolutely no prison time at all and allowed him to continue terrorizing anybody, anytime he wanted. It was infuriating but that's justice in the hands of a liberal judge.
Neither "too pretty" nor "too short" should be an excuse for leniency as far as I'm concerned.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925361 Jun 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Every normal high school boy dreams of making it with his attractive young teacher, the ultimate fantasy.
Yes. That's why I kept transferring to 17 different school districts. Variety is the spice of life.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#925362 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those pistils?
Yeah. Hot, aren't they?

xD

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925363 Jun 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, c'mon, now yer exaggeratin'!
Nobody gets a life sentence for sex crimes anymore unless there's a murder involved. And as for men getting more time for a similar sex crime, society tends to believe that men cause more physical harm and more terror than a woman does. Which they do, although I think women are getting stiffer sentences now than in the past too. Remember Mary Kay Latourneau?
Sex Education In Pubic Schools ..er make that Public Schools...

http://www.lawfirms.com/female-teacher-sex-cr...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925364 Jun 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Hot, aren't they?
xD
Nice colors. Like Pollen-esia in the Spring:]

Bee-utiful.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925365 Jun 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think that women get less time than "some" male perpetrators because in this male dominated society we assume that the younger, teen male was not hurt physically, that he probably was keen on the idea and hadn't been threatened with death if he told, like most male predators do. Our legal system is dominated by males and their "double-standards" that they have inflicted on society. Blame your frustration on them and tell them what you think about how unfair you think it is.
Judges don't always mete out true justice, that's life. Heck, I know of a judge who made the same "hell-hole" comment about a dwarf in our community who is a complete psycho. He claimed, "He won't stand a chance in there against regular sized inmates.", as an excuse for giving the dwarf absolutely no prison time at all and allowed him to continue terrorizing anybody, anytime he wanted. It was infuriating but that's justice in the hands of a liberal judge.
Neither "too pretty" nor "too short" should be an excuse for leniency as far as I'm concerned.
Well, I think a guy should be let off for rape if he's too short.

That's a joke, son...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#925366 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Parents may be able to educate their children at the elementary level, but few have the resources and knowledge to teach high school mathematics, physics, and chemistry."
That's where the Public Library comes in:]
Feed a man a meal and he'll be back tomorrow for breakfast.
But teach him to fish and he's on his own forever.
Teach your children well and they'll learn how to learn.
Bill Gates, owns an entire Library of *The Great Courses*.
I own a few but can't afford his appetite.
Public Libraries of the future hold the potential to break away from Liberal Propaganda and allow young citizens to learn how to think.
Good luck with that plan.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#925367 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex Education In Pubic Schools ..er make that Public Schools...
http://www.lawfirms.com/female-teacher-sex-cr...
Yer preachin' to the choir, buddy. I don't think teachers should be banging underage kids either, no matter whether they are male or female. Even if the kid initiates the activity it's playing with fire and just plain wrong.

The rise in home-schooling is a "sign of the times" as my gammy would say and even though I understand *why* parents do it (I have cousins that are trying it out) I think that home-schooling is failing kids who may be hoping to enter college, especially if they have parents as dim as my cousins.:-/

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#925368 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I think a guy should be let off for rape if he's too short.
That's a joke, son...
lol...aw geez...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 24 min Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 30 min Mover 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Flo 181,863
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,262
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,100
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 49,236
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:16PM
Full Game Grades for Colts vs. Cowboys
Bleacher Report 5:21 PM
Trestman's QB Change Fails to Provide Spark
Bleacher Report 5:38 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout