Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275210 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patriot

Brighton, CO

#925268 Jun 15, 2013
June 15, 2013

While some endure record heat, fires, explosions, tornado's, hail or any multitude of climate conditions...in Grand Rapids it is raining radiation
~ Altitude 1,319 feet ~ PRM-9000
Elapsed Minutes 378
Average CPM 67
Minimum CPM 34
Maximum CPM 99

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925269 Jun 15, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your side starts a war, cuts taxes for billionaires and borrows $5 TRILLION.
My side passes a law to guarantee medical coverage for all.
Thanks for nothing warmonger wasteful Republicans!
Primal ignorance breeds bile and contempt. Howdy, Primate.

If you keep flinging feces from between the bars, the zookeeper will cut your banana allotment in half.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#925270 Jun 15, 2013
NOAA has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for most of Eastern to Northeastern CO.

Isolated tornadoes are also possible but the main threats according to them will be hail and damaging winds.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925271 Jun 15, 2013
Emaen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how boring it is to listen to you whine about everything you're against?
Are you FOR emergency room health care service for the uninsured? Do you believe that is a cheaper way to care for these people? Or, should we just let them die?
It can't possibly be more boring than listening to you apologize for the Boy Messiah's screw-ups and engaging in Bush-Bashing.

Try adding a little spice to your BS and swallow some lit firecrackers tonight.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925272 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, why did Bush W not raise taxes on them to pay for the war and welfare money handed out like every other U S President did who asked Americans, rich and poor to make sacrifices, to pay for war abroad and domestic welfare at home. Why did Bush W choose to run to the Chinese and borrow the money? Because, Bush W was a coward. "In recent years, Republicans have been characterized by two principal positions: They like starting wars and don’t like paying for them. George W. Bush initiated two major wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but adamantly refused to pay for either of them by cutting non-military spending or raising taxes. Indeed, at his behest, Congress actually cut taxes and established a massive new entitlement program, Medicare Part D.
Bush’s actions were unprecedented. During every previous major war in American history, presidents demanded sacrifices from rich and poor alike. As Robert Hormats explains in his 2007 book, The Price of Liberty: Paying for America’s Wars,“During most of America’s wars, parochial desires–such as tax breaks for favored groups or generous spending for influential constituencies–have been sacrificed to the greater good. The president and both parties in Congress have come together &#133; to cut nonessential spending and increase taxes.”Check this out: http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/25/shared-sacri...
Take your *Socialist Book-Of-The-Month Card* and wipe with it.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925273 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The high shall be brought low and the low shall be lifted up. The proletariat shall pizz onto the heads of the petite bourgeoisie.
Ah, yes. Marx lives in Maryland!
Groucho, that is.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you pompous azz....
You're not an economist. I deserve it for trying to 'cast pearls before swine'so, blame my Christian upbringing.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925274 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your *Socialist Book-Of-The-Month Card* and wipe with it.
You're mad because I pointed out that your hero Bush W proved to be a very good hardline socialist and failed because he did not allow the price of his wars to tell the economic truth.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925275 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You were not so opposed when Lindsey Graham and John McCain picked a fight with Obama over his more cautious approach to getting involved in Syria. You wanted to go all out or nothing , march all the way through Damascus to Tehran , no half-measures , no compromising like lifting of economic sanctions for negotiated settlements,--no siree , you were not squeamish on extremism at any price back then when republican hawks were in control.
You are wired like a violin, Dood, and the Magic Negro plays you like a cheap Toys R Us Fiddle.

And you play him like a Mouth Organ.

A musical family like no other! Well...maybe the Jacksons....

Fast n Furious, Benghazi Treason, IRS Treachery, NSA Media and Internet Spying and a long, long list of Magic Negro Fascism Tactics and your heart is fluttering and your head is spinning with the actions of your glorious leader on Syria. Shove the Red Book down your pants and have an orgasm, woodja?

The Brown Shirts are coming and your Black Boots are calling.

Junior Comrade.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925276 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You're not an economist. I deserve it for trying to 'cast pearls before swine'so, blame my Christian upbringing.
Ferget the pearls and the swine.

You are trying to make a Silk Purse from a Sow's ear and coming up with a SNL Comedy skit.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925277 Jun 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
NOAA has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for most of Eastern to Northeastern CO.
Isolated tornadoes are also possible but the main threats according to them will be hail and damaging winds.
Will this be a plus or a minus for the Black Forest Fire?

High wind alone = bad.
High wind with rain = good

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925278 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferget the pearls and the swine.
You are trying to make a Silk Purse from a Sow's ear and coming up with a SNL Comedy skit.
Blasphemy won't make what you say any more true, so just suck it up that your wrong.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925279 Jun 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Iran. We can bring about changes in foreign government leadership without invading it.
This comes as a total shock to the right whiners.
Right. Just like we did in Cuba, Venezuela, Sudan, Rwanda and Somalia......

Go play in the sand pile, kid.

The one that the neighborhood cats use.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925280 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're mad because I pointed out that your hero Bush W proved to be a very good hardline socialist and failed because he did not allow the price of his wars to tell the economic truth.
I get angry occasionally but I never get mad. If you wanted to drive me mad, you'd have to tie me to the mast of my ship as it passed by lily's trailer park when she's screaming drunk.

I just hate the sound of cats in the alley.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#925281 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Blasphemy won't make what you say any more true, so just suck it up that your wrong.
Playing Church Lady?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925282 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Blasphemy won't make what you say any more true, so just suck it up that your wrong.
A man's gotta know his limits - Dirty Harry

I experience bouts of intense humility from time to time.

I'll leave the sucking to pros like you.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925283 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your *Socialist Book-Of-The-Month Card* and wipe with it.
Time's up. Bruce Bartlett was Reagan's economic czar and adviser, not a 'socialist'. Read my post again carefully and the following link to the Bartlett article.
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, why did Bush W not raise taxes on them to pay for the war and welfare money handed out like every other U S President did who asked Americans, rich and poor to make sacrifices, to pay for war abroad and domestic welfare at home. Why did Bush W choose to run to the Chinese and borrow the money? Because, Bush W was a coward. "In recent years, Republicans have been characterized by two principal positions: They like starting wars and don’t like paying for them. George W. Bush initiated two major wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but adamantly refused to pay for either of them by cutting non-military spending or raising taxes. Indeed, at his behest, Congress actually cut taxes and established a massive new entitlement program, Medicare Part D.
Bush’s actions were unprecedented. During every previous major war in American history, presidents demanded sacrifices from rich and poor alike. As Robert Hormats explains in his 2007 book, The Price of Liberty: Paying for America’s Wars,“During most of America’s wars, parochial desires–such as tax breaks for favored groups or generous spending for influential constituencies–have been sacrificed to the greater good. The president and both parties in Congress have come together &#133; to cut nonessential spending and increase taxes.”Check this out: http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/25/shared-sacri ...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#925284 Jun 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A man's gotta know his limits - Dirty Harry
I experience bouts of intense humility from time to time.
I'll leave the sucking to pros like you.
Of course,you know no limits as your gutter mouth testifies .You pass your own test of the redundantly ,almost limitless hot air that can be dispensed from an ignorant gasbag .

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925285 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>But, teabagger groups who attempt to cheat other American taxpayers should get a free pass. We know Galt is not impartial, he's made his bed with the thieves, con men , and usury moneylenders.
The IRS has become the Enforcers for the Magic Negro Mafia. Obamacare is a Protection Racket that makes all Americans an offer that they can't refuse. Even Judge Roberts says so.

Your innocence and naivete are so warm, cuddly and cute! It draws us back to a time of Fairy Tales and Masked Heroes.

Doesn't the Boy Messiah just remind you of *Jack Armstrong, the All-American Boy* every time he speaks???!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925286 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Time's up. Bruce Bartlett was Reagan's economic czar and adviser, not a 'socialist'. Read my post again carefully and the following link to the Bartlett article.
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, why did Bush W not raise taxes on them to pay for the war and welfare money handed out like every other U S President did who asked Americans, rich and poor to make sacrifices, to pay for war abroad and domestic welfare at home. Why did Bush W choose to run to the Chinese and borrow the money? Because, Bush W was a coward. "In recent years, Republicans have been characterized by two principal positions: They like starting wars and don’t like paying for them. George W. Bush initiated two major wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but adamantly refused to pay for either of them by cutting non-military spending or raising taxes. Indeed, at his behest, Congress actually cut taxes and established a massive new entitlement program, Medicare Part D.
Bush’s actions were unprecedented. During every previous major war in American history, presidents demanded sacrifices from rich and poor alike. As Robert Hormats explains in his 2007 book, The Price of Liberty: Paying for America’s Wars,“During most of America’s wars, parochial desires–such as tax breaks for favored groups or generous spending for influential constituencies–have been sacrificed to the greater good. The president and both parties in Congress have come together &#133; to cut nonessential spending and increase taxes.”Check this out: http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/25/shared-sacri ...
You are hunting for saints and sinners to buttress your political fantasies. So do Forbes and other for-profit media outlets because conflict and controversy sell. Always have. Always will.

Yellow journalism is alive and well.

Yer Bartlett dood is a loose canon with a few loose screws. He was pro Supply-Side and now he's against it? Some of the people who support his schizophrenic behavior are high society crooks. For example, Robert Hormats is a well connected wine-and-croissants jerk who was formerly Vice Chairman of Goldman Sachs and then traipsed all through the U.S. Government kissing butts. At one point, he violated SEC Rules by opening his big mouth to investors about a Chinese move that had not yet taken place.

A perfect world does not exist and this means that those people in it are not perfect. You are painting in Black & White while the rest of us are painting in 64 million colors.

Time for you to fall back and reconnoiter. In daylight.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#925287 Jun 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Of course,you know no limits as your gutter mouth testifies .You pass your own test of the redundantly ,almost limitless hot air that can be dispensed from an ignorant gasbag .
One man's Gutter is another man's Oracle.

To you, the Red Book of Mao might be an Oracle while history has shown it to be a Gutter.

Cling to your fantasies if that's all you possess as a flotation device.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min Red_Forman 6,406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 29 min Red_Forman 1,347
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 54,501
How to get into the USA. 1 hr Great Song 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 70,158
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr boundary painter 1,719
ask amy 8-29-15 3 hr boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages