Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
849,241 - 849,260 of 1,099,857 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924772 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When I watch 'The five', I see four headstones!
Here's a pretty decoration to wear on your forehead.

Or you could wear it across your mouth:

http://tinyurl.com/lfzakby
Jane Says

New York, NY

#924773 Jun 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you rightwingers who keep whining about President Obama not closing Guantanamo; Homer has told you morans hundreds of times why; now, here you you have further confirmation that it is you republicans who will not allow it to be closed, so, stfu about it then.
i vote Guantanamo be closed but only if they can all be sent to boca raton, fl.

Lapeer, MI

#924774 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Public libraries were never meant to keep up with the pace of information...
... they were always a repository of knowledge.
...they were always a repository of knowledge.

...unlike your head.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#924775 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not technically. Just a gentile grafted into the Jewish vine, so to speak.
Then how could you worship some who claims to be king of the Jews? Mind you, I'm conscious of the fact that the people of Israel were dark skinned people in those times, but to my knowledge, God made all people so, why would his 1 begotten son claim to be the God of only the Jews?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924776 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Russians are apparently backing Assad in Syria. He's the bad guy, isn't he?
Islamic radicals are the worst guys.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924777 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to prevent a terrorist attack, we have to be right 100% of the time, while terrorists only have to be successful once.
fact is there will be a successful terrorist attack sometime in the future. we can try and prevent them, but sooner or later one will be successful
the question is "What do we do?
do we give up all our liberties, constitutional rights, our freedom in order to gain the illusion of being safe from terrorism
or do we accept the fact, and continue to live to our constitutional ideals.
one choice the terrorist win,
the other we win.
America needs to grow some........and we need to learn to mind our own business
Galt does not believe that American citizens should give up any freedom for the sake of the illusion of security.

However, the Boston bombers were a no-brainer, identified by the Russians as Islamic terrorists.

We should work with the Russians to root out other Chechen terrorists in the US.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924778 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I thought there was mention of sending them to Yemen. I don't really understand the point of ever creating that prison in the first place. If they thought they were really terrorists, they should have just made them disappear.
After interrogation, yes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924779 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I thought there was mention of sending them to Yemen. I don't really understand the point of ever creating that prison in the first place. If they thought they were really terrorists, they should have just made them disappear.
Yemen doesn't want them.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924780 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The good guys don't stand by and let evil prevail.
Surely, you've heard the adage,"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."
really?? tell me do you think Iraq was better off with Saddam or the sectarian violence, lack of infrastructure, ethnic cleansing and refugees that they have now?

are we better off without Saddam in power?

is the Middle East better off without Saddam in power?

Did removing Saddam make the Middle East more stable?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924781 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
look at what getting involved in Afghanistan in the 80's got us.
or in Iran in 1955
or Iraq in 1979
or Iraq again in 2003
or Libya after WWII
we need to learn to stay out of other people's affairs and giving blind allegiance to Israel, one of the biggest human rights offender in the world.
Or Egypt and Libya in 2012.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924782 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt does not believe that American citizens should give up any freedom for the sake of the illusion of security.
However, the Boston bombers were a no-brainer, identified by the Russians as Islamic terrorists.
We should work with the Russians to root out other Chechen terrorists in the US.
I know a couple of Russians, and they aren't sure who is the terrorist, the Chechens or Putin?

many think those attacks in Moscow were false flag operations.

Lapeer, MI

#924783 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I didn't care for him much either. I liked Keith Olberman
Keith Olberman is a pompous azz. Entertaining for exuberant, giddy Liberals but containing zero nutritional value.

Just like alcohol, lily.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924784 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really?? tell me do you think Iraq was better off with Saddam or the sectarian violence, lack of infrastructure, ethnic cleansing and refugees that they have now?
are we better off without Saddam in power?
is the Middle East better off without Saddam in power?
Did removing Saddam make the Middle East more stable?
The elimination of Iraq as a significant military force is a positive, so yes, the Middle East is better off with Saddam gone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924785 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a couple of Russians, and they aren't sure who is the terrorist, the Chechens or Putin?
many think those attacks in Moscow were false flag operations.
Putin is a bad actor, but in today's world, Islamic terrorism is the worst threat, with no close second.

Some Americans will never forget the slaughter of September 11 and feel that the payback has only started.

Lapeer, MI

#924786 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate Obama left a vacuum in that country. A less desirable entity filled the vacuum.
It's a lesson to some of you who think the Middle East and other events taking place in the world is none of our business. We are not immune to the outcomes. There are forces who would like nothing more than for it to come back and haunt us.
So where is the preident these days? Do they have him under house arrest or something?
Obama leaves a vacuum in every area he touches.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924787 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Keith Olberman is a pompous azz. Entertaining for exuberant, giddy Liberals but containing zero nutritional value.
Just like alcohol, lily.
and tell me are Hannity, Coulter, or limburger cheese any different?

actually Hannity is lower than pond scum....setting up a charity for wounded vets and keeping the vast majority of the funds for himself. Only idiot I know lower than that is Pat Robertson for abandoning his platoon before it was deployed to combat in Korea
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924788 Jun 14, 2013
Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

AP 6/14/2013 4:26:41 PM

By COREY WILLIAMS
Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich.

Detroit's emergency manager says the city is defaulting on about $2.5 billion of debt.

Kevyn Orr said Friday that Detroit is asking creditors to take about 10 cents on the dollar of what they're owed. Underfunded pension claims will get less.

Orr spent about two hours Friday morning with dozens of people representing banks, insurers and companies holding Detroit debt. He told reporters earlier at an airport hotel in Romulus he wants to fix fiscal problems that have made the city insolvent.

He has instituted a moratorium on all of Detroit's payments on unsecured debt, seeking forgiveness of millions of dollars owed by the city.

He also said $1.25 billion will be set aside over 10 years for public safety, lighting and neighborhood blight elimination.

Lapeer, MI

#924789 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is way to funny, but I doubt you see the irony in it.
Nearly all guns are round-specific but your Squirt Gun can accept and use anything liquid. Universal but harmless.

So here is the irony: when you don't know what you are talking about, saying anything will suffice. Universal ammo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#924790 Jun 14, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i vote Guantanamo be closed but only if they can all be sent to boca raton, fl.
Allah Akbar!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924791 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The elimination of Iraq as a significant military force is a positive, so yes, the Middle East is better off with Saddam gone.
Dude, maybe you missed it, but Iraq was never a significant military force.

However, Iraq under Saddam was a significant buttress against Iranian influence and meddling in the Middle East. He also helped rein in Iran nuclear program.

Removing Saddam not only destabilized the Middle East, it allowed Al Qaeda access to about 5 million Sunnis, drained our Treasury and increased our debt by $3 trillion and put us in hock to the Chinese.

The only winner in that foreign policy fiasco is Iran

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Learn to Read 177,353
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 68,954
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min mahz 49,464
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min voice of peace 68,353
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 59 min newpoly 1,903
The monkey in the room 1 hr hands on AR 2
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 4 hr Mr Michael 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search