Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
849,201 - 849,220 of 1,100,246 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924731 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But let me ask you this. Would you rather believe in a god who tells men to punish and oppress women and to kill innocent people in his place or a God who tells us to be merciful and forgiving and to let him take care of evil doers without our help?
Think about that for a minute and then get back to me.
personally, I chose not to believe in some omniscient all powerful skydaddy.

but to answer your question, the christian god of the bible tells his followers to punish many, including children who talk back to their parents by stoning them to death. He also instructed his followers to rape, pillage and commit genocide on their neighbors. not much a an ethical, loving moral god if you ask me
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924732 Jun 14, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Let me guess, you are a know-it-all (but run of the mill, clueless) Democrat, right?
Here's a clue fer ya, DemoKrat:
"Headmaster says eliminating books in library is working fine"
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_new...
Figures, right out of an O'Kennedy area 51 of Orwellian solient "disposable" green.

Served with a side of unprocessed Bahstun hahbor putrified drinking wahter.

And don't call me bad names like that lol.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924733 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with the existence or presence of God or *A* God. In fact, I am *PRO* God in a more general sense than what is found inside of popular culture.
I just have a problem with folks laying claim to God and God's intentions. It's like someone trying to sell tickets to a beautiful sunset or Love. No one should profit financially or otherwise from a naturally occurring event. Someone finds the DNA snippet for, say, brown eyes and wants to get a patent on its discovery? Another person finds the Bible, reads it, finds the contents to be appealing and decides to profit from it.
I saw the life story of John Merrick again last night(Elephant Man) and I will admit that my eyes teared up and my throat closed tight many times during my watching it. People paid money to view his agony and even to add to it with pokes and mean laughter.
In this same vein of deviant opportunism, I place the users of God who gain at the expense of pain in others. It is spiritual usury.
I place the users of God who gain at the expense of pain in others as more than just "spiritual usury". It's evil.

There is a dark side to our existence too. It's a matter of choosing to succomb to it. Very similar to Star Wars. Luke Skywalker represented all of mankind, and his struggle with the forces of good and evil was symbolic of our spiritual struggle.

I always thought of it like that anyway.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924734 Jun 14, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Just a question Aunt Bettie, are you Jewish?
O'vey
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924735 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Let me guess, you are a know-it-all (but run of the mill, clueless) Democrat, right?
Poor pathetic ged ex cop scours the internet to find one stupid article against books from 2010; did you read the comments?

This is the stupidest statement I have read in a long time. Wow, of course students would rather socialize than read books. What forward thinking. No wait. That's not it at all. It's beyond ridiculous. This man should be fired immediately. The digital age may have inspired instant gratification and loads of attention grabbing graphics, but in fact, we still live in a world where one has to know how to read a book. For learning or pleasure. This is truly absurd and quite sad.

Online graphics have NOTHING over high quality photographic prints used in biology. Color plates show detail that most computer graphics can't compare to. Laptops are unreadable in sunlight, try taking one to the beach or to a field where you want to lay out and read. I love books, and though computers are great, I would not want to attend a college where books were completely removed.

Of course he's going to say that it was a successful move. Why not ask the students and teachers what they think?

You're an idiot gunner/jimmy or whatever other stupid name you're calling yourself these days; we know you're still a dumbass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924736 Jun 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you rightwingers who keep whining about President Obama not closing Guantanamo; Homer has told you morans hundreds of times why; now, here you you have further confirmation that it is you republicans who will not allow it to be closed, so, stfu about it then.
To the contrary, we never wanted to close Guantanamo, particularly if that meant putting the terrorists under the control of weak federal judges. Better to deport them to countries that would know how to treat them.

Obama went on and on about closing, all BS.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924737 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
John McCain no longer speaks for the Republican Party.
Oh, well I guess he didn't get the memo. Isn't he the ranking member on the foreign relations committee? Didn't he go to Syria to meet with the rebels?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#924738 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But let me ask you this. Would you rather believe in a god who tells men to punish and oppress women and to kill innocent people in his place or a God who tells us to be merciful and forgiving and to let him take care of evil doers without our help?
Think about that for a minute and then get back to me.
Your not signed in.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924739 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no greater threat in the world than Al Qaeda.
The Russians recognize the threat of radical Islam and Galt is willing to cooperate with them to stamp out this disease.
The choice between the Russians and Al Qaeda is simple.
The Russians are apparently backing Assad in Syria. He's the bad guy, isn't he?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924740 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
How come it don't sayz-Pencil and paper required? Or dem gotz endless ink supplies?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924741 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will have the same lame and irrelevant response after the next Muslim terrorist attack.
And the next.
And the next.
In order to prevent a terrorist attack, we have to be right 100% of the time, while terrorists only have to be successful once.

fact is there will be a successful terrorist attack sometime in the future. we can try and prevent them, but sooner or later one will be successful

the question is "What do we do?

do we give up all our liberties, constitutional rights, our freedom in order to gain the illusion of being safe from terrorism

or do we accept the fact, and continue to live to our constitutional ideals.

one choice the terrorist win,
the other we win.

America needs to grow some........and we need to learn to mind our own business
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924742 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No, I laugh many times.
And I also wonder how they come to such ludicrous conclusions or statements.
It's a wonder cons can even think straight, let alone simply think!
Maybe Putin sent those brothers to bomb the Boston Marathon! A warning to stay out of Syria!

(just a thought)
Progressive hero

Downey, CA

#924743 Jun 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The post you responded to-
"That ows trash thst gave You such a great endorsement and you defend just called al gueda the good guys. You must be so proud. "
ows trash=frontporch
you=Dave
??????????
What are you rambling on about?
We have a president who is transforming this country into one of the good guys for a change. Don't like it I suggest you leave now
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924744 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, we never wanted to close Guantanamo, particularly if that meant putting the terrorists under the control of weak federal judges. Better to deport them to countries that would know how to treat them.
Obama went on and on about closing, all BS.
I thought there was mention of sending them to Yemen. I don't really understand the point of ever creating that prison in the first place. If they thought they were really terrorists, they should have just made them disappear.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924745 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to prevent a terrorist attack, we have to be right 100% of the time, while terrorists only have to be successful once.
fact is there will be a successful terrorist attack sometime in the future. we can try and prevent them, but sooner or later one will be successful
the question is "What do we do?
do we give up all our liberties, constitutional rights, our freedom in order to gain the illusion of being safe from terrorism
or do we accept the fact, and continue to live to our constitutional ideals.
one choice the terrorist win,
the other we win.
America needs to grow some........and we need to learn to mind our own business
Yes, I agree. There is no 100% foolproof way to completely prevent terrorism, homegrown or foreign.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924746 Jun 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep slinging those slurs. It makes you more pathetic than the other crap you post.
Keep avoiding the issue before you. It makes you look purely Liberal.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924747 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
John McCain no longer speaks for the Republican Party.
And the hijacking of the conservative party continues.....
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924748 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Put Galt in the column of Assad using sarin gas to murder his own people.
Wasn't it you and Battie Lou whining about Sadam Hussein using mustard gas against his people?
You rightwingers can't make up your mind.
I am agaisnt our involvement in Syria, by the way. I say, let the Russians get involved in that quagmire. Let them all kill each other till the end. Let Assad gas all the Al Quaeda fighters, who the hell cares?
It's unfortunate Obama left a vacuum in that country. A less desirable entity filled the vacuum.

It's a lesson to some of you who think the Middle East and other events taking place in the world is none of our business. We are not immune to the outcomes. There are forces who would like nothing more than for it to come back and haunt us.

So where is the preident these days? Do they have him under house arrest or something?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924749 Jun 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry Flynt, after publishing Hustlers all these years knows how to expose the p**sies.
This makes him an expert on exposing the Republican Party & right whiners in general.
Larry Flynt has also exposed azzholes in his magazine to the dismay of Liberals.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#924750 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Insider sheds light on Syria's chemical arms
Former scientist for country's programme says the regime used sarin agent in small quantities to halt rebel advances.
Some Western intelligence agencies believe that Syria also has access to tabun nerve agent, but the chemist said these reports are untrue.
The regime and rebels have accused each other of using chemical weapons on several occasions, and the issue has come to dominate recent debate about the two-year-long conflict.
While the US and Britain say they have "credible evidence" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and Turkey said its hospitals treated patients exposed to chemical attack, a UN human rights inquiry said it had "no conclusive findings on use of chemical weapons".
The chemist said he fled the country before December 23, 2012, when the first claims emerged about the regime’s use of chemical weapons in the neighbourhood of Khaldiyeh, in the city of Homs. The neighbourhood is strategic because it divides Sunnis and largely pro-government Alawites.
A diluted mix of sarin and isopropyl alcohol was likely used in December 2012, according to the scientist, but he cast doubt on the claims of the regime and rebels that chemical weapons were used in Khan al-Assal in Aleppo on March 19.
Sarin is a colourless and odorless liquid. "When medics report [a] very disgusting smell, the way they did in Khan al-Assal, it is obvious it’s not coming from chemical weapons," the chemist said. "The fact that patients only suffered from suffocation and no other symptoms further confirms that it was not sarin
The chemist said what was likely fired was military-grade tear gas, used as a substitute for chemical agents. The chemist explained that during the two-year conflict, the regime has experimented with mixing different gases - like sarin and tear gas - in order to create a mélange of symptoms that would make the cause hard to identify.
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/201...
Who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-30 15 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 24 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min gcaveman1 46,321
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,505
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 2 hr I like Putin 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE