Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
849,181 - 849,200 of 1,082,545 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924681
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and holding and reading an actual book has to be better than holding a kindle.
kindle is a whole library when traveling.
Real books have their charm.

Too many dependent on the web as an education.
LIES DONT HELP BARAK

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924682
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Years ago the sharp-tongued American author Gore Vidal observed,“Democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.” For Vidal, the USA does not have two, but only one political party,“with two right wings,” which campaigns for the interests of major corporations. He considered the media to be instruments of propaganda for the preservation of social power relations.

One might dismiss Gore Vidal’s view as the literary embellishment of a writer, but the transferability of his assessment of American politics to the looming German national election is confirmed by journalist Heribert Prantl in the Süddeutsche Zeitung,“The campaign of the political camps is an electoral campaign that actually no longer exists… a campaign of the political camps is an inappropriate term … There [once] were opposing positions on basic policy issues: foreign, economic, energy and immigration policies… The fundamental differences between the parties (with the exception of Die Linke) have disappeared.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924683
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>They can't let the conflict extend beyond the borders.
But, I would think a government friendlier to the US and by extension, to israel, can bring more stability to the region.
israel's problem is they can't fight a limited war. If something starts with one, it will quickly find itself fighting all.
There is a lot of conflicting information on what is actually occurring. The Chinese and the Russians gave Assad carte blanche to finish the job. Who are the rebels? Some say they are Al Queada affiliated; others say they are not. The UN said that there was no concrete proof that sarin gas was being used. Hezbollah and Iran, Russia are backing the regime; I can't see that our involvement would amount to anything good. It's a quagmire.
Can Assad's regime survive this either way? I doubt it.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924684
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

4

American Lady wrote:
He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who oppose his policies and actions. A secure leader, who has noble self-esteem and not false confidence, refrains from showing such dread of critics and displaying a cocky, haughty attitude.
Mostly, his time seems to be spent causing dissention, unrest, and anxiety among the people of America, rather than uniting us (even though he was presented to us as the “Great Uniter”). He creates chaos for the sake of keeping people separated, envious, aggrieved and ready to argue. Under his leadership Americans have been kept on edge, rather than in a state of comfort and security. He incites people to be aggressive toward, and disrespectful of, those of differing opinions. And through such behavior, Obama has lowered the standards for self-control and mature restraint to the level of street-fighting gangs, when he should be raising the bar for people to strive toward becoming more considerate, tolerant, self-disciplined, self-sustaining, and self-assured.
Not a day goes by that he is not attempting to defy our laws, remove our rights, over-ride established procedures, install controversial appointees, enact divisive mandates, and assert a dictatorial form of power.
· Never has there been a leader of this great land who used such tactics to harm and hurt the people and this country.
· Never have we had a President who spoke with a caustic, evil tongue against the citizenry rather than present himself as a soothing, calming and trustworthy force.
· Never, in this country, have we experienced how much stress one man can cause a nation of people - on a daily basis!
Obama has promoted the degeneration of peace, civility, and quality of cooperation between us. He thrives on tearing us down, rather than building us up.
He is the Architect of the decline of America, and the epitome of a Demagogue.
Maureen Scott
Very accurate description of the type of person this scumbag, Obama is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924685
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

TheIndenpendentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Libraries will continue, to hold ALL forms of media.
You BONEHEAD.
Time and budgets will tell.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924686
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
kindle is a whole library when traveling.
Real books have their charm.
Too many dependent on the web as an education.
So far I have rejected the kindle! I still like books!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924687
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

TheIndenpendentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that hard to imagine-for anyone that's ever lost a hard drive full of data that they thought was safely stored...in which case...
Thank goodness for paper and pencil.
Surely, you back up any critical data, don't you?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924688
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

American Lady wrote:
He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who oppose his policies and actions. A secure leader, who has noble self-esteem and not false confidence, refrains from showing such dread of critics and displaying a cocky, haughty attitude.
Mostly, his time seems to be spent causing dissention, unrest, and anxiety among the people of America, rather than uniting us (even though he was presented to us as the “Great Uniter”). He creates chaos for the sake of keeping people separated, envious, aggrieved and ready to argue. Under his leadership Americans have been kept on edge, rather than in a state of comfort and security. He incites people to be aggressive toward, and disrespectful of, those of differing opinions. And through such behavior, Obama has lowered the standards for self-control and mature restraint to the level of street-fighting gangs, when he should be raising the bar for people to strive toward becoming more considerate, tolerant, self-disciplined, self-sustaining, and self-assured.
Not a day goes by that he is not attempting to defy our laws, remove our rights, over-ride established procedures, install controversial appointees, enact divisive mandates, and assert a dictatorial form of power.
· Never has there been a leader of this great land who used such tactics to harm and hurt the people and this country.
· Never have we had a President who spoke with a caustic, evil tongue against the citizenry rather than present himself as a soothing, calming and trustworthy force.
· Never, in this country, have we experienced how much stress one man can cause a nation of people - on a daily basis!
Obama has promoted the degeneration of peace, civility, and quality of cooperation between us. He thrives on tearing us down, rather than building us up.
He is the Architect of the decline of America, and the epitome of a Demagogue.
Maureen Scott
Obama had an interesting childhood...children are never unaffected by environments governed by harsh regimes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924689
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and holding and reading an actual book has to be better than holding a kindle.
Agree. However, many libraries are spending more on computers and electronic media than on books.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924690
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
kindle is a whole library when traveling.
Real books have their charm.
Too many dependent on the web as an education.
One can be very "fleeting", while the other is much more structurally sound.
Even more so-in books.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924691
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is in complete agreement with your last paragraph.
Insider sheds light on Syria's chemical arms

Former scientist for country's programme says the regime used sarin agent in small quantities to halt rebel advances.

Some Western intelligence agencies believe that Syria also has access to tabun nerve agent, but the chemist said these reports are untrue.

The regime and rebels have accused each other of using chemical weapons on several occasions, and the issue has come to dominate recent debate about the two-year-long conflict.

While the US and Britain say they have "credible evidence" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and Turkey said its hospitals treated patients exposed to chemical attack, a UN human rights inquiry said it had "no conclusive findings on use of chemical weapons".

The chemist said he fled the country before December 23, 2012, when the first claims emerged about the regime’s use of chemical weapons in the neighbourhood of Khaldiyeh, in the city of Homs. The neighbourhood is strategic because it divides Sunnis and largely pro-government Alawites.

A diluted mix of sarin and isopropyl alcohol was likely used in December 2012, according to the scientist, but he cast doubt on the claims of the regime and rebels that chemical weapons were used in Khan al-Assal in Aleppo on March 19.

Sarin is a colourless and odorless liquid. "When medics report [a] very disgusting smell, the way they did in Khan al-Assal, it is obvious it’s not coming from chemical weapons," the chemist said. "The fact that patients only suffered from suffocation and no other symptoms further confirms that it was not sarin

The chemist said what was likely fired was military-grade tear gas, used as a substitute for chemical agents. The chemist explained that during the two-year conflict, the regime has experimented with mixing different gases - like sarin and tear gas - in order to create a mélange of symptoms that would make the cause hard to identify.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/201...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924692
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

4

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> But it's o.k for police to play judge & jury right? Doesn't matter to you because, it's not your people in your community being shot by cops everyday. Explain your love for the constitution over true justice to the families of the victims of those terrorist "terror attacks." This ain't no normal crime & should be handled in a normal manor. I bet the victims of the Boston bombings wish the president assassinated that American citizen & his foreign realized territory brother. Like I said,"they chose sides with terrorist, that makes then terrorist!" You're radicalized in your beliefs & fear you might be targeted. Even when that asshole Bush was in office, no democrat took things as far as you republicans. You also have committed treason & declared war on &, conspired on the downfall of Americas president. The mine in the sand was drawn & you crossed it. Don't be scared now!
The Russians warned the US about the Boston bombers, but the Obama administration chose to ignore the warnings.

They were too busy spying on American citizens.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924693
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

4

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of conflicting information on what is actually occurring. The Chinese and the Russians gave Assad carte blanche to finish the job. Who are the rebels? Some say they are Al Queada affiliated; others say they are not. The UN said that there was no concrete proof that sarin gas was being used. Hezbollah and Iran, Russia are backing the regime; I can't see that our involvement would amount to anything good. It's a quagmire.
Can Assad's regime survive this either way? I doubt it.
The news report I heard from NBC said without intervention the rebels will fail as Hezbollah is destroying them.

Sunni vs Shiites
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924694
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A common problem of parents who fail to teach their children how to behave in public, whether a library, a store, or on an airplane.
Too lazy to be parents, and disrespectful of the rights of others.
are you a Maiden Aunt?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924695
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely, you back up any critical data, don't you?
That was the "digital" back up.

One book @ 25.00-countless loan outs.

One electronic license @ 25.00 for 20 downloads, time to renew the license for twenty more.

You do the Math on that one Mr.-and use the denominator of common sense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924696
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>They can't let the conflict extend beyond the borders.
But, I would think a government friendlier to the US and by extension, to israel, can bring more stability to the region.
israel's problem is they can't fight a limited war. If something starts with one, it will quickly find itself fighting all.
Any new government in Syria will be more hostile to the US, and to Israel as well.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924697
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
May be valid.
I also believe in the personhood of Christ being sent to us from the source so we could get the love and peace part right...and the forgiveness part.

Unfortunately, wolves in sheep's clothing have been among us since then and didn't get it right. Their fruits were stinking and rotting on the vine, so they can be spotted a mile away.

See, I can forgive Obama and progressive liberals for knowing not what they do, but I just don't have to be silent while they're still doing it.

Anger is not a sin if our anger doesn't cause us to sin.

I'm just very angry.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924698
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

American Lady wrote:
He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who oppose his policies and actions. A secure leader, who has noble self-esteem and not false confidence, refrains from showing such dread of critics and displaying a cocky, haughty attitude.
Mostly, his time seems to be spent causing dissention, unrest, and anxiety among the people of America, rather than uniting us (even though he was presented to us as the “Great Uniter”). He creates chaos for the sake of keeping people separated, envious, aggrieved and ready to argue. Under his leadership Americans have been kept on edge, rather than in a state of comfort and security. He incites people to be aggressive toward, and disrespectful of, those of differing opinions. And through such behavior, Obama has lowered the standards for self-control and mature restraint to the level of street-fighting gangs, when he should be raising the bar for people to strive toward becoming more considerate, tolerant, self-disciplined, self-sustaining, and self-assured.
Not a day goes by that he is not attempting to defy our laws, remove our rights, over-ride established procedures, install controversial appointees, enact divisive mandates, and assert a dictatorial form of power.
· Never has there been a leader of this great land who used such tactics to harm and hurt the people and this country.
· Never have we had a President who spoke with a caustic, evil tongue against the citizenry rather than present himself as a soothing, calming and trustworthy force.
· Never, in this country, have we experienced how much stress one man can cause a nation of people - on a daily basis!
Obama has promoted the degeneration of peace, civility, and quality of cooperation between us. He thrives on tearing us down, rather than building us up.
He is the Architect of the decline of America, and the epitome of a Demagogue.
Maureen Scott
fkoff birfer
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924699
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
MSNBC has a corporate mentality that fails to understand how to make programming interesting.
They could put out the same propaganda message to a much larger audience if they hired some on-air talent that was skilled and personable.
Going from Mr. Ed to Chris Hayes was going from dull to duller.
I didn't care for him much either. I liked Keith Olberman
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#924700
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

lily boca raton fl wrote:
The GOP deserves to die if it backs immigration reform, allowing more Latinos to become citizens, right wing pundit Ann Coulter says in a new column.
Coulter paints Hispanics as lazy, poor and government-dependent, concluding that they could never vote for conservatives and immigration reform would destroy both the Republican Party and the country as a whole
Hispanic voters are a small portion of the electorate,” the column says.“They don't want amnesty, and they're hopeless Democrats. So Republicans have decided the path to victory is to flood the country with lots more of them
She said if “amnesty” happens,“America is over” and “the only thing left for people like you and me to do, Sean, is to punish the people who destroyed America.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/ann-...
living in a third world country with EboniSpanish as primary language, will be punishment enough. but you're ahead of the game since you already live walled off in a gated community. illegal to you is another obammy worshipper who also cleans your pool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 min RJS 7,703
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min CDC 48,951
Abby 7-29 11 min edogxxx 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min wojar 174,981
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min Eric 68,423
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min hearon 3,837
Am 7-29 24 min Mister Tonka 4
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••