Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924785 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a couple of Russians, and they aren't sure who is the terrorist, the Chechens or Putin?
many think those attacks in Moscow were false flag operations.
Putin is a bad actor, but in today's world, Islamic terrorism is the worst threat, with no close second.

Some Americans will never forget the slaughter of September 11 and feel that the payback has only started.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924786 Jun 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate Obama left a vacuum in that country. A less desirable entity filled the vacuum.
It's a lesson to some of you who think the Middle East and other events taking place in the world is none of our business. We are not immune to the outcomes. There are forces who would like nothing more than for it to come back and haunt us.
So where is the preident these days? Do they have him under house arrest or something?
Obama leaves a vacuum in every area he touches.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924787 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Keith Olberman is a pompous azz. Entertaining for exuberant, giddy Liberals but containing zero nutritional value.
Just like alcohol, lily.
and tell me are Hannity, Coulter, or limburger cheese any different?

actually Hannity is lower than pond scum....setting up a charity for wounded vets and keeping the vast majority of the funds for himself. Only idiot I know lower than that is Pat Robertson for abandoning his platoon before it was deployed to combat in Korea
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924788 Jun 14, 2013
Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

AP 6/14/2013 4:26:41 PM

By COREY WILLIAMS
Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich.

Detroit's emergency manager says the city is defaulting on about $2.5 billion of debt.

Kevyn Orr said Friday that Detroit is asking creditors to take about 10 cents on the dollar of what they're owed. Underfunded pension claims will get less.

Orr spent about two hours Friday morning with dozens of people representing banks, insurers and companies holding Detroit debt. He told reporters earlier at an airport hotel in Romulus he wants to fix fiscal problems that have made the city insolvent.

He has instituted a moratorium on all of Detroit's payments on unsecured debt, seeking forgiveness of millions of dollars owed by the city.

He also said $1.25 billion will be set aside over 10 years for public safety, lighting and neighborhood blight elimination.

Lapeer, MI

#924789 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is way to funny, but I doubt you see the irony in it.
Nearly all guns are round-specific but your Squirt Gun can accept and use anything liquid. Universal but harmless.

So here is the irony: when you don't know what you are talking about, saying anything will suffice. Universal ammo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#924790 Jun 14, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i vote Guantanamo be closed but only if they can all be sent to boca raton, fl.
Allah Akbar!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924791 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The elimination of Iraq as a significant military force is a positive, so yes, the Middle East is better off with Saddam gone.
Dude, maybe you missed it, but Iraq was never a significant military force.

However, Iraq under Saddam was a significant buttress against Iranian influence and meddling in the Middle East. He also helped rein in Iran nuclear program.

Removing Saddam not only destabilized the Middle East, it allowed Al Qaeda access to about 5 million Sunnis, drained our Treasury and increased our debt by $3 trillion and put us in hock to the Chinese.

The only winner in that foreign policy fiasco is Iran

Lapeer, MI

#924792 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamic radicals are the worst guys.
More often than not, picking your friends doesn't involve good and bad people but better and worse ones.

Lapeer, MI

#924793 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
After interrogation, yes.
And severe Waterboarding.

Surfing for Allah!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924794 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
personally, I chose not to believe in some omniscient all powerful skydaddy.
but to answer your question, the christian god of the bible tells his followers to punish many, including children who talk back to their parents by stoning them to death. He also instructed his followers to rape, pillage and commit genocide on their neighbors. not much a an ethical, loving moral god if you ask me
That was under the Old Law. Christ told them not to do that anymore. They were getting it wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924795 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Kuwait.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924796 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And severe Waterboarding.
Surfing for Allah!
An ancient practice, dating to the Spanish Inquisition, used by the US military in the Philippines in the early 1900s.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924797 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
look at what getting involved in Afghanistan in the 80's got us.
or in Iran in 1955
or Iraq in 1979
or Iraq again in 2003
or Libya after WWII
we need to learn to stay out of other people's affairs and giving blind allegiance to Israel, one of the biggest human rights offender in the world.
We were the good guys trying to help the Afghanis keep the bad guys from invading their country.

We were the good guys when Saddam invaded Kuwait with raping and pillaging. We ran the bad guys off for the Kuwaitis.

How does the ensuing events suddenly make us the bad guys?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#924798 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Talk about unearned hero worship!
We ain't talking about Barack Hussein Obama, we're talking about Ronald Wilson Reagan, one of the best, if not the best President of the United States

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#924799 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Crackpot environmentalists are destroying huge swaths of the fragile Mohave Desert ecosystem to build solar power projects, with nary a peep from Bocajews like you.
Why do teachers give their students toys?

Don't the teachers teach their subjects and send
the kids home?

My son got a book with a woman sketched in it
from his 5th grade teacher?

I never thought of calling the cops.

Why are the teachers so worthless? Get a rope.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924800 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah Akbar!
The insanity never ends.

That terrorist who yelled this jihadist cry before opening fire on our military gets to have his day in court and cross-examine the victims he didn't manage to kill.

We can thank this administration for creating a craziness that is literally becoming unfathomable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#924801 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and tell me are Hannity, Coulter, or limburger cheese any different?
actually Hannity is lower than pond scum....setting up a charity for wounded vets and keeping the vast majority of the funds for himself. Only idiot I know lower than that is Pat Robertson for abandoning his platoon before it was deployed to combat in Korea
You have your heroes and your villains. Makes your life simple, I suppose, but I see it otherwise.

I have watched Olberman and became nauseated with his drama, posturing and proselytizing. Little substance but much rant.

And then I have watched other Liberals that perform the same way that Olberman does but to a far less extent. They are palatable and actually offer something of substance on occasion. I mostly disagree with them but they do offer food for thought in their wanderings.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924802 Jun 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul is a fraud.
"OMG OMG Obamacare Obamacare - there's a code for being bit by a turtle"
Too stupid to know it was an international system that Bush actually proposed we adopt.
Show where bush proposed it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924803 Jun 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get t. There is this huge wall round the US that keeps everything posted on the internet with in our borders.
WWW Ummmm. What does that mean., Let me think.......
In other words you have no facts. Like usual.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#924804 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
However, Iraq under Saddam was a significant buttress against Iranian influence and meddling in the Middle East. He also helped rein in Iran nuclear program.
Removing Saddam not only destabilized the Middle East, it allowed Al Qaeda access to about 5 million Sunnis, drained our Treasury and increased our debt by $3 trillion and put us in hock to the Chinese.
The only winner in that foreign policy fiasco is Iran
Are you saying that you would prefer the stability offered by murderous tyrants over the temporary instability of working toward a better reality?

Sounds cheap and cowardly to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 min D-U-H 50,023
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Who 46,993
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 69,488
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 11 min Susan 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min WelbyMD 178,583
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,344
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 4 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]