Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
849,121 - 849,140 of 1,101,669 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924650 Jun 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Clinton’s Folly
It’s not the least bit surprising, but Bill Clinton wants the U.S. to meddle in Syria.
....Clinton also said that Obama should ignore public opinion on Syria.
....It goes without saying that no one should make policy solely or primarily based on what polls happen to say, but it would be even more foolish to put the U.S. on a path towards gradual escalation in Syria when it is obvious that the public has no appetite for a new conflict or more foreign commitments. Indeed, only a fool would embark on a policy that he knows has little or no political support. One of the worst things that a president could do is commit the U.S. to a foreign conflict with unpopular, ineffective half-measures, such as arming a fragmented insurgency, and then be forced to increase the U.S. role in the conflict for fear of appearing to “lose.” That is what Clinton wants Obama to do, and unless Obama is a fool he should ignore this advice.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
I totally agree and am against President Clinton on this one,.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924651 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Public libraries were never meant to keep up with the pace of information...
... they were always a repository of knowledge.
I agree, and holding and reading an actual book has to be better than holding a kindle.
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#924652 Jun 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a totally radicalized Progressive who wants to violate the constitutional rights of US citizens and allow the POTUS be judge and jury?
But it's o.k for police to play judge & jury right? Doesn't matter to you because, it's not your people in your community being shot by cops everyday. Explain your love for the constitution over true justice to the families of the victims of those terrorist "terror attacks." This ain't no normal crime & should be handled in a normal manor. I bet the victims of the Boston bombings wish the president assassinated that American citizen & his foreign realized territory brother. Like I said,"they chose sides with terrorist, that makes then terrorist!" You're radicalized in your beliefs & fear you might be targeted. Even when that asshole Bush was in office, no democrat took things as far as you republicans. You also have committed treason & declared war on &, conspired on the downfall of Americas president. The mine in the sand was drawn & you crossed it. Don't be scared now!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#924653 Jun 14, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatever"
"sonic" has nary a thought of his own. He is the copy and paste queen.
Peace
KMA
just because carol paraphrases BillO doesn't mean it isn't mindless copy and paste.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924654 Jun 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
dull? i think you're a bit jaded.
but after Glenn Beck et al, it's to be expected.
I find his delivery to be dull; that's my opinion. I don't think his show will last. I like Chris Matthews and I used to enjoy Keith Olberman.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924655 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is if it flows into israel.
It's no longer a civil war, it becomes an international religious war.
What would you like to see as a solution? Israel is not the only country that it will affect. I wonder what the other Arab nations are doing about this?
Do you think the U.S. should started bombing them to smithereens?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#924656 Jun 14, 2013
“Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans over the last 20 years. Immigrants are more fertile. And they love families and they have more intact families and they bring a younger population.”

Jeb Bush
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924657 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but cannot possibly keep up with the pace of information.
To which I might also respond, selective prioroties should also apply, when considering the many varied types of information and the requirements needed thereof.

Galt-uh.

Boy are YOU on the blockhead worm list today.

Just stand back, son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924658 Jun 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and holding and reading an actual book has to be better than holding a kindle.
Well..... I won't say 'better'(since I own a Kindle amongst other electronic items), but I do prefer paper when I do get out of contact with electricity for extended periods!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#924659 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain how Larry Flynt is against womens rights; how is he a misogynist?
Tell us about the 4 U.S. citizens who were killed by drones and why you defend them? Here's one of them: Anwar Al-Awlaki, go read about him and tell us why he should not have been targeted.
You rightwingers can't make up your minds if you are on the side of the terrorists or your own country. You're a traitor, just like all the teapartyers. Your motivation and opinions are solely based upon racism and hatred of the Democratic President.
You're likely even defending that thief and traitor Snowden as well, stupid idiot. Perhaps you should go live in China or Russia as well.
You're dumber than a rock.
Temper, temper.

You screw up and use the misogynist Flynt as a political authority.
No one made you do that.

Damn the Constitution and let Holder play judge and jury is your logic?

Why are you mumbling about Snowden for? Just thought you would throw him for good measure or are you one of the loonies like Dave who wants him to be DRONED?

The rest was throwing the kitchen sink as you are without a logical argument.

Your defense is as inarticulate and irrational as your original posts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924660 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
What would you like to see as a solution? Israel is not the only country that it will affect. I wonder what the other Arab nations are doing about this?
Do you think the U.S. should started bombing them to smithereens?
They can't let the conflict extend beyond the borders.

But, I would think a government friendlier to the US and by extension, to israel, can bring more stability to the region.

israel's problem is they can't fight a limited war. If something starts with one, it will quickly find itself fighting all.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924661 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Not really.

No comparison in some aspects because-

Not having to flip pages, being able to hold a rigid object in one hand that allows for the function of being able to adjust font size with the other hand are real positives too!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#924662 Jun 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of losing....
Rick Santorum said Thursday that Republicans squandered an opportunity to really exploit an out-of-context quote from President Barack Obama that took on a life of its own in last year's campaign.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney tried desperately last year to make hay out of a portion of an Obama stump speech in which he said, "if you've got a business, you didn't build that." The full context of the speech clearly shows that Obama wasn't really suggesting what Romney's campaign claimed, but Republicans seized the line and even made it the theme of the opening night of the party's national convention.
But that's where Romney and the GOP blew it, Santorum said. Instead of trotting out business owners at the convention, the former Pennsylvania senator argued, the party should have featured rank-and-file workers.
“One after another, they talked about the business they had built. But not a single—not a single —factory worker went out there,” Santorum said at the Faith & Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, as quoted by Politico.“Not a single janitor, waitress or person who worked in that company! We didn’t care about them. You know what? They built that company too! And we should have had them on that stage.”
A poll conducted in the late stages of the 2012 campaign showed that the GOP's emphasis on "you didn't build that" was a dud.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
Sonicfilter propaganda post # 11 - ROTFLMAO!!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#924663 Jun 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just because carol paraphrases BillO doesn't mean it isn't mindless copy and paste.
I went to the partisan, charity Media Matters and found what I suspected. Media Matters is in full wet-your-pants hysteria about FNS and in full denial that is was UK press that brought to light the last four scandals.

Media Matters cannot face the reality of their impotence and how far they have fallen. They use to be source the admin use to refer Reporters too until it was discovered that Media Matters was nothing more than Obama smear spokes people.

Meanwhile, idiot David Brook still labors under the delusion of grandeur and surrounds himself with body guards.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924664 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well..... I won't say 'better'(since I own a Kindle amongst other electronic items), but I do prefer paper when I do get out of contact with electricity for extended periods!
As in NO comparison, none what so ever- in some aspects.

I cannot imagine even trying to justify any denigration of either, finding that to be something only ignorance would do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924665 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When I watch 'The five', I see four headstones!
Glad to hear you are watching The Five.

Guess you like it better than Wetleg Matthews.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#924666 Jun 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>They can't let the conflict extend beyond the borders.
But, I would think a government friendlier to the US and by extension, to israel, can bring more stability to the region.
israel's problem is they can't fight a limited war. If something starts with one, it will quickly find itself fighting all.
Gee - we didn't know you were such an authority on these matters.

Have a libtard like you here sure is reassuring!

When did you retire from the State Department?

Baawwaaahhh!!!!
Progressive hero

Downey, CA

#924667 Jun 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That ows trash thst gave You such a great endorsement and you defend just called al gueda the good guys. You must be so proud.
This man is a hero. He's helping the heroic people of china. And what is so wrong with that? We could learn something from the Chinese
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924668 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Put Galt in the column of Assad using sarin gas to murder his own people.
Wasn't it you and Battie Lou whining about Sadam Hussein using mustard gas against his people?
You rightwingers can't make up your mind.
I am agaisnt our involvement in Syria, by the way. I say, let the Russians get involved in that quagmire. Let them all kill each other till the end. Let Assad gas all the Al Quaeda fighters, who the hell cares?
Galt is in complete agreement with your last paragraph.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#924669 Jun 14, 2013
TheIndenpendentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Because 70 is < 91+.
HA. lol.
I'm surprise you are sharing your IQ and age. You worms are usually more secretive about your information.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min RACE 97,980
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min observer 49,511
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min LRS 177,531
CHICAGO: 5-Dead, 42-Wounded In the 2014 Labor D... 59 min YOUNG BLACK KILLERS 1
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 2 hr OPERATION BID RIG 109,598
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,382
Abby 9-2 3 hr Pippa 11
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search