Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251796 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#924967 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to Liberal rants, it is not a matter of differing points of view but vastly different morals and ethics.
I don't argue politics with prostitutes. If this insults you then try a different profession. Then we can talk.
as most politicians are prostitutes, that must severly limit the number of people you can debate.

so let's speak of morals

Like the Catholic church and how the vatican instituted a policy of protecting pedophile priest by relocating them to unsuspecting parishes

or you god Reagan who sold weapons and arms to Iran and the Revolutionary Guard

or Reagan who funded, trained and equipped South american terrorists, known for killing tens of thousands including 7 American nuns and a missionary priest.

or the Bush administration who supplies bad intel, manipulated other intel in order to justify an invasion of a country that didn't attack us, didn't pose a threat to us and had no WMD's.

morals and ethics are subjective.....most liberals I know respect the privacy of others, let them live their lives as they want and do not judge others

as compared to conservatives who think they have an in with god, know what he thinks, tries to impose their beliefs on others, tries to tell others who they can live with and what medical procedures they can have..

Conservatives are a funny sort. They complain about big gov't, but under Reagan and Bush II, the federal gov't grew more than any other president.
they say they are for less gov't, but try to regulate your personal live.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924968 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie much? Senator Feinstein never said that. Maybe you should try sticking to the truth.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein...
uring the Senate Judiciary meeting today to markup a potpourri of bills designed to deny the American people their rights under the Second Amendment and disarm them, Senator Dianne Feinstein opposed an amendment to her so-called assault weapons ban legislation that would allow veterans to continue buying firearms the bill would outlaw.
…this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was effect… and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.
"karma is an azz"
Take your denial up with Burt Prelutsky of the Los Angeles Times. He reported on her undying support of our military according to fienstien. Did fienstien sue be cause she was misquoted?
Peace
KMA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924969 Jun 14, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a natural disaster, dumbass.
Why should tax dollars pay for a business's f-up?
FEMA is part of the DHS. Disaster Relief can be for anything that overwhelms local government's ability to handle.

9/11? The Murrah Building disaster in OK?

Where were you born? Beijing slums?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#924970 Jun 14, 2013
Can't win for losing...

"Classic: States debate taxing green cars to recover lost gas tax revenue"

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/13/classic...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924971 Jun 14, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the way you feel about Hillary is definitely going to be POTUS in 2016.
Huh?

Do you call this logical reasoning or a Liberal Fantasy?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924972 Jun 14, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 100 million people voted in POTUS election.
2 million people watch Hannity.
Big deal.
"gip idiot"
If Hannity is such a non factor why do you and the other liberal loons mock him. Why waste your time nobody watches him. As you were told earlier 3 times more American's watch Hannity than madcow. In your mind madcow is a little deal?
Peace
KMA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924973 Jun 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as most politicians are prostitutes, that must severly limit the number of people you can debate.
so let's speak of morals
Like the Catholic church and how the vatican instituted a policy of protecting pedophile priest by relocating them to unsuspecting parishes
or you god Reagan who sold weapons and arms to Iran and the Revolutionary Guard
or Reagan who funded, trained and equipped South american terrorists, known for killing tens of thousands including 7 American nuns and a missionary priest.
or the Bush administration who supplies bad intel, manipulated other intel in order to justify an invasion of a country that didn't attack us, didn't pose a threat to us and had no WMD's.
morals and ethics are subjective.....most liberals I know respect the privacy of others, let them live their lives as they want and do not judge others
as compared to conservatives who think they have an in with god, know what he thinks, tries to impose their beliefs on others, tries to tell others who they can live with and what medical procedures they can have..
Conservatives are a funny sort. They complain about big gov't, but under Reagan and Bush II, the federal gov't grew more than any other president.
they say they are for less gov't, but try to regulate your personal live.
And now you want to pull the Vatican into American Politics?

Are you for real?

Fast n Furious anyone?

You remind me of Urban Thugs who, when they get confused, grab their crotches.

Hey, it's better than nothing, eh?

Most Liberals that you know respect the privacy of others, eh?

How about the Magic Negro's out-of-control NSA and JD snooping?

Yeah. Right.

Hey, when you can clear up the Vatican-Washington connection, gimme a call, eh?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#924974 Jun 14, 2013
Mosques are secure...

"Since October 2011, mosques have been off-limits to FBI agents. No more surveillance or undercover string operations without high-level approval from a special oversight body at the Justice Department dubbed the Sensitive Operations Review Committee"

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/

Thank goodness!
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#924975 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA is part of the DHS. Disaster Relief can be for anything that overwhelms local government's ability to handle.
9/11? The Murrah Building disaster in OK?
Where were you born? Beijing slums?
Make the West Fertilizer company pay for it.
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#924976 Jun 14, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"gip idiot"
If Hannity is such a non factor why do you and the other liberal loons mock him. Why waste your time nobody watches him. As you were told earlier 3 times more American's watch Hannity than madcow. In your mind madcow is a little deal?
Peace
KMA
Yes Maddow is nothing.
When is she ever quoted?
4 million out of 100 million.
Facts are inconvenient for you, huh?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#924977 Jun 14, 2013
Nothing to see here...

Under the Radar bailouts...

"The Treasury Department’s release of $100 million from the Hardest Hit Fund last week amounts to a federal bailout of five Michigan cities without congressional oversight or approval."

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/06/12/backdoor-...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#924979 Jun 14, 2013
Four billion reasons to put up fence along the US-Mexico border...

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/20... ?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#924980 Jun 14, 2013
17 years and four months...

"Superimposing the temperature curve and its least-squares linear-regression trend on the statistical insignificance region bounded by the means of the trends on these published uncertainties since January 1996 demonstrates that there has been no statistically-significant warming in 17 years 4 months:"

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/06/13/no-sign...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924982 Jun 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Megyn Kelly has a law degree; Al Sharpton is a dropout.
A drop out like Bill Gates?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924983 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is whatever a Liberal wishes it to be.
ooooh! Such POWER!
lol! So is this open for discussion son?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#924984 Jun 14, 2013
Deputies escort dismissed George Zimmerman juror from courthouse

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/deputies-esc...

Some GREAT comments :)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#924986 Jun 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was a liberal by the definition YOU, a Liberal, assigns to him. If he was a good President, you call him a Liberal.
Bad President? He was a Conservative, of course!
Liberal Reality is as much fun as Silly Putty!
Reagan admits that he Pseudo Liberal(New Dealer) but Pseudo Liberalism is what changed in the 1960's.

Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style
K. Alan Snyder - 08/20/08

Reagan was a New Deal Democrat. He joked that he had probably become a Democrat by birth, given that his father, Jack, was so devoted to the Democratic Party. The younger Reagan cast his first presidential vote in 1932 for Franklin Roosevelt, and did so again in the succeeding three presidential contests. His faith in FDR remained undimmed even after World War II, when he called himself “a New Dealer to the core.” He summarized his views in this way:“I thought government could solve all our postwar problems just as it had ended the Depression and won the war. I didn’t trust big business. I thought government, not private companies, should own our big public utilities; if there wasn’t enough housing to shelter the American people, I thought government should build it; if we needed better medical care, the answer was socialized medicine.” When his brother, Moon, became a Republican and argued with his sibling, the younger Reagan concluded “he was just spouting Republican propaganda.”

Of course, Reagan was to change his views drastically in the coming years, but even when one examines his later comments about Franklin Roosevelt and the New Deal, one comes away with the sense that he never got over his youthful admiration of a man he considered a great leader. He would carefully parse his criticisms of the New Deal, often focusing on the honorable intent of the heart over the practical effect of the policies. Critique and praise would be mixed together as he attempted to separate the man from his programs.

http://www.firstprinciplesjournal.com/article...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924988 Jun 14, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the way you feel about Hillary is definitely going to be POTUS in 2016.
Not if Obama has any say.

The Democrat nominee in 2016 will be an Obama surrogate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924989 Jun 14, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a natural disaster, dumbass.
Why should tax dollars pay for a business's f-up?
Why should tax dollars pay for idiots who build beach houses on a sand bar?

Why should tax dollars pay for idiots who build homes below sea level?

Why should tax dollars pay for looters?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924990 Jun 14, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Can't win for losing...
"Classic: States debate taxing green cars to recover lost gas tax revenue"
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/13/classic...
Why should "green" cars freeload on the roads built by gasoline tax dollars?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Mrkoco 192,305
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min IBdaMann 53,990
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Sublime1 99,902
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr RACE 6,144
Word (Dec '08) 13 hr RACE 5,325
Dear Abby July 3, 2015 13 hr RACE 5
Amy July 3, 2015 14 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages