Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924411 Jun 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy-n-Paste is fun, eh?
Too bad you don't understand a word of what you just copied!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... .Fool!
Illiterates wandering through libraries shouldn't poke fun at the literates, Dood.
Stay in the shallow end of the pool. It's safer there:]
I surely didn't want to misquote the Testament son. I even gave the source.

You have a problem with that?

Because you clearly confuse your opinions for some sort of actual facts. I guess since you're not in the real, you can't help but to make things up as you go along!

However, just to be fair, feel free to counter the source.

How long should I wait, son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924412 Jun 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart
When Republicans won control of the House of Representatives in 2010, Representative Darrell Issa of California was supposed to become a star. Issa, who made no secret of his ambition, took over the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, vowing to use the power of his chairmanship to stage hundreds of hearings and hold the Obama administration to account. Anticipating what he promised would be “constant battle,” the White House hired extra lawyers and braced for the onslaught.
But Issa wasn’t the force people expected him to be. His biggest investigation, into the botched anti-gun smuggling operation that left a Border Patrol agent dead, incited right-wing talk radio listeners. Beyond that, though, it barely registered. After two years in power, Issa seemed more bark than bite.
Then came last month’s revelation that IRS agents had singled out Tea Party groups for special scrutiny. Here was an issue that seized public attention and posed a legitimate threat to Obama. Since then, nobody in Congress has pushed harder than Issa to pin the scandal on the White House.
But after a burst of attention, Issa’s investigation appears to have stalled. Although he turned up embarrassing material—has any government official been humiliated quite like the IRS commissioner in the dorky video dressed up as Spock?—Issa hasn’t made the all-important connection to the White House. And he may not be able to. The news this week that he won’t release the full transcripts of his interviews with IRS officials—interviews he selectively quoted from to imply White House complicity—suggests that what they contain may in fact exonerate the administration of the very charge Issa is laboring so hard to prosecute.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-...
Watch as the cons try to quietly make it disappear after yelling 'wolf!' once again!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#924413 Jun 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You were equally hysterical and insistent that the Euro would destroy the global economy about a year ago.
Miss Chicken Little
You must be mistaking me for someone else.

Don't think I was ever hysterical about anything - especially the Euro destroying the global economy. I'm more concerned about the dollar collapsing.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#924414 Jun 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Take that as a warning if you turn your back on God. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.
Muslims think vengeance is theirs and they're supposed to spill everyone's blood - even innocent blood.
You see the difference.
You conservative Christians are ridiculous. First of all, the scripture he quoted was a man (most likely a king) talking about the evils of men in a certain region. Not some mythical God passing judgment on a nation!

Secondly, the God of the universe meaning, of every person on this planet doesn't have a preference on religion. If Americans didn't like/agree with muslims way of life, we never should've started doing business, trying to overthrow ,by means of regime change, or empowered known tyrants. Now everybody's acting like they've just found out that region is very hostile. You sound very stupid trying to force scriptures from thousands of years ago in which they mentioned specific cities into todays society. Then you call people on the left looney. You're definitely Babs bunny!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#924415 Jun 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has ever seen God but so many people claim to be working for Him.
People who have had near death experiences often describe a deep and all-encompassing sense of peace and love emanating from "the source". I think God and "the source" are one and the same.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924416 Jun 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lead ammo will soon be illegal in california effectivly making owning a firearm useless.
When Galt next needs to use his firearms for anything meaningful, silly government rules will be immaterial.
Lincoln

United States

#924417 Jun 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have had near death experiences often describe a deep and all-encompassing sense of peace and love emanating from "the source". I think God and "the source" are one and the same.
May be valid.
Lincoln

United States

#924418 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin will chew up Obama and spit him out for dog food in any serious negotiation.
Why?
Because Putin actually believes in something other than polls.
Obama can't divorce Reggie Love.
Drinking and posting?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924419 Jun 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son, they're not.
In this day and age, they still serve as a valuable resource for those with and without means.
Mostly free internet access for those without computers, plus a warm place to camp out all day for homeless people.

Municipal and school libraries are a drain on strained budgets.

Most companies eliminated corporate libraries years ago because the money was much better spent on on-line resources.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924420 Jun 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Dumass, that's a military code, speaking on soldiers taking orders from their higher ups. The presidents orders trumps those of military personnel. Face it, Obama is that dude &, there's nothing you or anyone can do to change those facts! Try another 1, TRAITOR!
Obama should seek Congressional authorization to intervene in Syria, which presents no threat to the United States and in which we have no vital interests.

If Obama intervenes without authorization, then he should be impeached.

Hell no, we won't go!

Obama is not the f*ckin' King.

Not even Martin Luther King.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924421 Jun 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking and posting?
Putin is a man, while Obama is a boy.

Hate to admit that the US has fallen so far as to be represented by this idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924422 Jun 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Dumass, that's a military code, speaking on soldiers taking orders from their higher ups. The presidents orders trumps those of military personnel. Face it, Obama is that dude &, there's nothing you or anyone can do to change those facts! Try another 1, TRAITOR!
What happens when Russian missiles shoot down an American warplane?

Or when US airstrikes kill Russian personnel?

Is support for Al Qaeda worth the risk?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924423 Jun 13, 2013
Obama to infest the US with Islamic terrorist refugees:

The Obama administration is considering resettling thousands of refugees who left Syria during the country's ongoing civil war to multiple towns and cities across the United States, the L.A. Times reports.

A resettlement plan under discussion in Washington and other capitals is aimed at relieving pressure on Middle Eastern countries straining to support 1.6 million refugees, as well as assisting hard-hit Syrian families.

The State Department is "ready to consider the idea," an official from the department said, if the administration receives a formal request from the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees, which is the usual procedure.

The United States usually accepts about half the refugees that the U.N. agency proposes for resettlement. California has historically taken the largest share, but Illinois, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia are also popular destinations.

Send the scum to Boca Raton, a target-rich environment for Muslims.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924424 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly free internet access for those without computers, plus a warm place to camp out all day for homeless people.
Municipal and school libraries are a drain on strained budgets.
Most companies eliminated corporate libraries years ago because the money was much better spent on on-line resources.
Companies can do what they want as long as it's legal.

Yes, I do agree it does ADD to the budget.. in my case, the state.

But I certainly appreciate it being in my neighborhood and enjoy seeing all the people who use it. In fact, one of my pet peeves is seeing parents carrying 10, 20, 30 or more books for their elementary school kids and taking so long to check those books out!

But it's refreshing to see them getting away from the electronics.

In my state, I can borrow any book from any library located on any island, and return it to any of the state facilities regardless of where I borrowed it. They have videos and CD for a nominal charge and are pushing forward with electronic documents and books.

No, I embrace our system and enjoying using it's resources.
June12thNews

AOL

#924425 Jun 13, 2013

IRS AGENTS now training with Assault Rifles

http://youtu.be/hKV4yRQ3MJQ

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924426 Jun 13, 2013
Further decay of American society under Obama:

http://theweek.com/article/index/245587/hgtv-...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#924427 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama should seek Congressional authorization to intervene in Syria, which presents no threat to the United States and in which we have no vital interests.
Hell no, we won't go!
Riiiiight. And if israel gets drawn into the conflict, it will pull in the other muslim nations.

Yeah, the smart move by conservatives.

"Syria says it has advanced missiles from Russia
Stephen Starr and Michele Chabin, Special for USA TODAY 9:15 a.m. EDT June 1, 2013

JERUSALEM - Israel warned Thursday that it needed to prepare for a "new era" of war in the Middle East as the Syrian regime claimed the first shipment of anti-aircraft missiles from Russia had arrived.

The message comes as the Syrian opposition announced it will not attend a peace conference pushed by the Obama administration, crushing hopes of a ceasefire agreement soon in a war that is rapidly spilling across borders.

Israel vowed to target the S-300 long-range missiles that Russia has promised to send to Syria, insisting the rockets are an offensive weapon that could target Israeli commercial aircraft as well as its fighter jets inside Israeli airspace.

Speaking at the conclusion of a five-day civil defense drill that simulated missile attacks from Syria, Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel "must prepare defensively and offensively for the new era of warfare."

"The Israeli home front is more accessible to the enemy than it has been," he said...."

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924428 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is a man, while Obama is a boy.
Hate to admit that the US has fallen so far as to be represented by this idiot.
"John Galt"
Careful. You are going to bring down the wrath of "real dumb" by calling president nobama a boy. That really gets his dander up.
Look out.
Peace
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#924429 Jun 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You conservative Christians are ridiculous. First of all, the scripture he quoted was a man (most likely a king) talking about the evils of men in a certain region. Not some mythical God passing judgment on a nation!
Secondly, the God of the universe meaning, of every person on this planet doesn't have a preference on religion. If Americans didn't like/agree with muslims way of life, we never should've started doing business, trying to overthrow ,by means of regime change, or empowered known tyrants. Now everybody's acting like they've just found out that region is very hostile. You sound very stupid trying to force scriptures from thousands of years ago in which they mentioned specific cities into todays society. Then you call people on the left looney. You're definitely Babs bunny!
Think you might be reading a little to much into it. A lot more than me anyway.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#924430 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell no, we won't go!
Hey Galt, it's not my job to assess the possibilities of possible interactions. I just responded to dude complete lie for premise of impeaching Obama. Now I don't feel we should be interfering in anyones civil wars but, I also feel like Russia & China have been aiding alot of these civil wars. Supplying tyrannical regimes with arms helping them slaughter their civilian population. I guess you're fine withthat huh? No Galt, Obama is not MLK, he Barack Hussein Obama, president of the United States of America. MLK was a civil rights leader & a preacher. 2 different positions Galt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min J RULES 70,087
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min Stina2 98,502
Abby 10-23-14 27 min Stina2 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grand Birther 179,351
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]