Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
848,741 - 848,760 of 1,080,406 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, sooner or later there will be someone who sees what's going on in the White House and tells all. We'll have some very tough decisions to make then. I can see where there are capital treason offenses that are likely to be discovered when they have to turn the power of the White House over to the next administration.
I don't think they have a plan to ever leave.
The information coming out of this administration probably isn't going to get any prettier, and it will probably get very ugly evicting them.
lol! Keep preaching your doom and gloom son.

That's the only way you idiots seem to know!
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Given his calm and reasoned academic demeanor, it is easy to miss just how provocative Erik Brynjolfsson’s contention really is.­Brynjolfsson, a professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management, and his collaborator and coauthor Andrew McAfee have been arguing for the last year and a half that impressive advances in computer technology—from improved industrial robotics to automated translation services—are largely behind the sluggish employment growth of the last 10 to 15 years. Even more ominous for workers, the MIT academics foresee dismal prospects for many types of jobs as these powerful new technologies are increasingly adopted not only in manufacturing, clerical, and retail work but in professions such as law, financial services, education, and medicine.

That robots, automation, and software can replace people might seem obvious to anyone who’s worked in automotive manufacturing or as a travel agent. But Brynjolfsson and McAfee’s claim is more troubling and controversial. They believe that rapid technological change has been destroying jobs faster than it is creating them, contributing to the stagnation of median income and the growth of inequality in the United States. And, they suspect, something similar is happening in other technologically advanced countries.

Perhaps the most damning piece of evidence, according to Brynjolfsson, is a chart that only an economist could love. In economics, productivity—the amount of economic value created for a given unit of input, such as an hour of labor—is a crucial indicator of growth and wealth creation. It is a measure of progress. On the chart Brynjolfsson likes to show, separate lines represent productivity and total employment in the United States. For years after World War II, the two lines closely tracked each other, with increases in jobs corresponding to increases in productivity. The pattern is clear: as businesses generated more value from their workers, the country as a whole became richer, which fueled more economic activity and created even more jobs. Then, beginning in 2000, the lines diverge; productivity continues to rise robustly, but employment suddenly wilts. By 2011, a significant gap appears between the two lines, showing economic growth with no parallel increase in job creation. Brynjolfsson and McAfee call it the “great decoupling.” And Brynjolfsson says he is confident that technology is behind both the healthy growth in productivity and the weak growth in jobs.

NOT TO BE READ BY THE DUNCE BRIGADE LILY NJ1 LEOSANA,REAL DAVE ,SONICFOS
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Race Against the Machine, the 2011 book in which they laid out much of their argument, because they wanted to explain the economic benefits of these new technologies (Brynjolfsson spent much of the 1990s sniffing out evidence that information technology was boosting rates of productivity). But it became clear to them that the same technologies making many jobs safer, easier, and more productive were also reducing the demand for many types of human workers.

Anecdotal evidence that digital technologies threaten jobs is, of course, everywhere. Robots and advanced automation have been common in many types of manufacturing for decades. In the United States and China, the world’s manufacturing powerhouses, fewer people work in manufacturing today than in 1997, thanks at least in part to automation. Modern automotive plants, many of which were transformed by industrial robotics in the 1980s, routinely use machines that autonomously weld and paint body parts—tasks that were once handled by humans. Most recently, industrial robots like Rethink Robotics’ Baxter (see “The Blue-Collar Robot,” May/June 2013), more flexible and far cheaper than their predecessors, have been introduced to perform simple jobs for small manufacturers in a variety of sectors. The website of a Silicon Valley startup called Industrial Perception features a video of the robot it has designed for use in warehouses picking up and throwing boxes like a bored elephant. And such sensations as Google’s driverless car suggest what automation might be able to accomplish someday soon.

A less dramatic change, but one with a potentially far larger impact on employment, is taking place in clerical work and professional services. Technologies like the Web, artificial intelligence, big data, and improved analytics—all made possible by the ever increasing availability of cheap computing power and storage capacity—are automating many routine tasks. Countless traditional white-collar jobs, such as many in the post office and in customer service, have disappeared. W. Brian Arthur, a visiting researcher at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center’s intelligence systems lab and a former economics professor at Stanford University, calls it the “autonomous economy.” It’s far more subtle than the idea of robots and automation doing human jobs, he says: it involves “digital processes talking to other digital processes and creating new processes,” enabling us to do many things with fewer people and making yet other
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> How many is negligible?

You know, like the Republicans are trying not to fund the ACA.
Thought you people claimed that Obamacare was "paid for"?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It would also grow the federal and certain state governments in a very significant way.
Rubio is telling one story in Spanish and a completely different one in English, that shyt won't fly very far when there at least ten important Hispanic Dem's who can smack that little puta silly.
Obamabot racist Realtime shows his stripes again.

Rubio is finished as a Presidential candidate if his immigration bill does not give priority to border security.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the term "spade" in reference to a black mans a racial slur.
You know it. You did it.
At least have the guts to admit it. Pathetic piece of crap that you are.
Keep defending the racists. ItThey are evidently among your ilk.
Wtf? You've taken the racial slur shtick to a whole new level. Congrats assbag.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wether = whether? Another Aunt Batty pupil?
That poster's post was still funny. Lighten' up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bush did it, too!"
"It's all Bush's fault!"
"Bush did it, too!"
"It's all Bush's fault!"
"Bush did it, too!"
"It's all Bush's fault!"
"Bush did it, too!"
"It's all Bush's fault!"
"Bush did it, too!"
"It's all Bush's fault!"
... anything to avoid talking about the real issue.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Yup. We'll most likely have to fight another war over the principles written in the Constitution.
What do you think? Do you think the Democrats are willing to fight a war to eliminate the Constitution?
Or, do you think they plan to fight a war to stay in the White House so a follow-on administration can't discover all the treason going on there now?
I'm thinking, considering there are Wahhabists in the White House while Wahhabism is at war with the United States, it is likely there are hanging offenses happening.
but, but, but.....Bush did do it, too. first.

so what we're talking about are policies that Bush started that you now want Obama to rein in.

come on man....where are the unicorns?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Most are no longer coming from Mexico but further south and the middle east and Africa.
If they come from "further south", they likely enter through Mexico.

If they come directly from the "middle east and Africa", should be easy to stop them at immigration by tightening visa programs.

Galt is more concerned about Muslims and Africans than about Mexicans.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Bush during the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars. I want to know every minute of every day. Did he ever eat, sleep, whack off, get drunk, do a couple lines, fly out to give Mccain a birthday cake??? OMG soldiers that he sent to war were dying!!! Where the f*ck was Bush. OMG OMG OMG
Doesn't suprise me that you want to know if bush wacked off. Don't even ask, you sick pervert.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
HELL (The Borowitz Report)—Word that the News Corporation chief executive Rupert Murdoch has filed for divorce from his wife, Wendi Deng, came as a “total surprise” to longtime Murdoch confidant Satan, the Lord of the Underworld said today.
“I am totally blindsided by this,” Satan told reporters.“He and I talk every day.”
Citing his long history with the media titan, the Hound of Hell said,“We go way back. I gave him the idea for Fox News. I told him to hire Roger Ailes. That’s why this is such a shock.”
A frequent dining companion of the Murdochs, Satan said he “didn’t have a clue that they were having problems.”
A frequent dining companion of the Murdochs, Satan said he “didn’t have a clue that they were having problems.”
“I’ve had dozens of dinners with them in the Hamptons,” he said.“Did they bicker? No more than other couples. But they seemed to be on the same page about all the important things, like creating corrupt media monopolies and buying politicians. I thought they were for keeps.”
Adding that he “cares deeply about his friends,” Satan said the news about the Murdochs had hit him especially hard:“I was just starting to get over the Putins.”
The Prince of Darkness said he first got word of the Murdoch divorce about an hour before the official announcement:“My banker at Goldman Sachs called and told me to sell my News Corp. stock right away.”
HOW IS aNTHONY WEINER the PERVERT AND beard for hillary clinton doing

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"DBWriter"
I am sure you have noted that the left wing loons, i.e. "real dumb", "sonic", "silly", "homo" etal have one thing in common blame Bush. But what else do they have they can not point to any positives from the reign of the boy nobama, there are none. Shit his signature act nobamakare is not popular with a majority of American's and will be even more unpopular when the full effects start hitting them
Peace
"Agree" is an understatement.
It's blatantly obvious the very people who forced it on us don't what any part of it near their lives.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, sooner or later there will be someone who sees what's going on in the White House and tells all. We'll have some very tough decisions to make then. I can see where there are capital treason offenses that are likely to be discovered when they have to turn the power of the White House over to the next administration.
I don't think they have a plan to ever leave.
The information coming out of this administration probably isn't going to get any prettier, and it will probably get very ugly evicting them.
Where is "Deep Throat" when you really need him?

Galt suspects that the Obama Regime is busy investigating potential internal leaks...not national security leaks, but political leaks.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but, but, but.....Bush did do it, too. first.
so what we're talking about are policies that Bush started that you now want Obama to rein in.
come on man....where are the unicorns?
... anything to avoid talking about the real issue.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Yup. We'll most likely have to fight another war over the principles written in the Constitution.
What do you think? Do you think the Democrats are willing to fight a war to eliminate the Constitution?
Or, do you think they plan to fight a war to stay in the White House so a follow-on administration can't discover all the treason going on there now?
I'm thinking, considering there are Wahhabists in the White House while Wahhabism is at war with the United States, it is likely there are hanging offenses happening.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

funny....

CCR v. Obama (formerly CCR v. Bush)

http://ccrjustice.org/CCR-v-Obama

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

So is the border secure or not? You stupid sheep believe and repeat whatever your told.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ny racist"
Hear this asshole. I had no choice, monies were taken from my pay and put into this system for more than 50 years. Monies are still being taken out.
SS does not support me. Without SS my our life style would change not at all. SS is walking around monies, beer money, fun money.
If you ever get to Spokane, let me know. I will treat you to an ice cold Kokanee Gold at Jack and Dan's. Maybe that would put a little lead in your pencil.
Peace
KMA
EasyEed is right in a sense; however, all Eed's SS payments were taxes that went immediately to fund benefits and do not guarantee Eed any future benefits.

Galt hopes that Jack and Dan's is within walking distance of EasyEed's house. Gotta watch the Gestapo checkpoints!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Keep preaching your doom and gloom son.
That's the only way you idiots seem to know!
... back away from the crack pipe.

You pretend to have military service. Are you one of those frauds who pretended to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" that slandered real veterans with lies?

Why would you join a political party that spit on veterans and invented a system of lies to slander them with?

... well?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh then why isn't Manning a "hero" as well ? or Julian Assange for WikiLeaks. If we are handing out labels, lets not get discriminating about it. After all all three exposed things the Government did not want you to know about.
There is a difference between releasing national security information and exposing the existence of a program to spy on American citizens.

If Snowden released national security information (beyond the existence of the program), then he may be as guilty as Manning.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is "Deep Throat" when you really need him?
Galt suspects that the Obama Regime is busy investigating potential internal leaks...not national security leaks, but political leaks.
I think you hit the nail squarely on the head. The spying on the journalists and Congress was most likely part of that.
The wheels are coming off their wagon. They used to keep Vallerie Jarrett very well hidden. Did you see where they had to actually have her make a public statement about how Holder wasn't going to be removed? Everyone in the administration knows she's the real president, and it took a statement from her to quell the panic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Jews against gambling 68,380
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Efrat 67,966
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min LRS 174,663
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 1 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 1 hr Did he killmost at 1 Time 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••