Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924131 Jun 13, 2013
A Los Angeles bus driver was killed yesterday by an unlicensed illegal immigrant from Guatemala who drove his speeding tow truck through a red light.

Democrats immediately demanded that illegal aliens be licensed to address this critical safety issue.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#924132 Jun 13, 2013
Scientists are estimating that the first AI will become self-aware in the next ten years.

Are we becoming a one world wide brain? With the advent of pcs and smart phones we are tackling problems on a global scale. A problem arises and within minutes people around the globe are discussing, working, and coming up with solutions. This will change the way people interact and in fact will change the way people view the world. This will be a major game changer as more of the world comes on line.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#924133 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anybody ever heard of or seen a "transvaginal probe" except hysterical Bocajews like lily and Jean?
I have no Idea if anybody has.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924134 Jun 13, 2013
Obama would betray black Americans and be a negative for the struggle against racism ,“The president has been openly hostile to the notion that he or anyone else in government ought to pay special attention to blacks’ needs.” the predominantly white governing class and the imperial establishment play clever Machiavellian games with race and gender and ethnicity and religion and sexual orientation, using these and other aspects of social identity as seductive propaganda tools to bamboozle millions into seeing democratic transformation when the underlying reality is the deepening grip of the unelected and interrelated dictatorships of money and empire.

We knew what Martin Luther King knew when he rejected efforts to enlist for a presidential run in 1968.“The black revolution,” Dr. King wrote that critical year, is “exposing evils that are rooted deeply in the whole structure of our society. It reveals systemic rather than superficial flaws and suggests that the radical reconstruction of society itself is the real issue to be faced.” The changes we needed to avert catastrophe and build a human civilization, King felt, could not be limited to the periodic re-shuffling of the names and faces and parties in nominal power. It had to go deeper than replacing one brand or shape or color of corporate- and military-captive office-holders with another such brand once every two, four or eight years.

We knew that, as Howard Zinn said,“the really critical thing isn’t who’s sitting in the White House, but who is sitting in – in the streets, in the cafeterias, in the halls of government, in the factories. Who is protesting, who is occupying offices and demonstrating – those are the things that determine what happens.” It’s not about running for president.

SOME BLACKS OF INTELLECT SAID OBAMA WOULD SUCK FOR BLACK PEOPLE AND THE POOR FROM day one and he has

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#924135 Jun 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
These fools on here are all like the Rainman, Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi.
Larry Flynt On Republicans: They're 'Mean-Spirited,''Racist' And 'A Nightmare'
Larry Flynt???? is that who you hold up as a leader of the democrat party??? ROTFLMAO-I believe it--there is the reason the country is in trouble. Larry Flynt: Typical Democrat.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#924136 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which effort to "gut the immigration bill"?
The one that puts border security first?
The one that puts a mythical standard that would take years & years to obtain.

Galt: "Mommy, I want to go out & play"

Galt's Mother: Not until your room is clean.

Galt cleans his room.

Galt" Mommy O cleaned my room!"

Galts Mother: " Galt, you moron, that room isn't clean! There's dust on your table"

Galt dusts the table.

Galt: "Mommy I dusted the table, Can I go Now?"

Galt's Mother . "Galt, you moron, there's dust under your bed."

On & On & on.

What s "clean" jus like what is "effective control" have a wide range of opinions.

Prevented this

#924137 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. You forgot to mention that the 3.5 trillion in debt due to the Great Arab War Against Wahhabistan was not in the budget.
You also forgot to mention the Great Recession started in 4th quarter of 2007 that you have failed to list the legislation the Democrats passed to create it in just 9 months as you claim.
Three of the richest men in the world – Warren Buffett, George Soros and John Paulson – are selling millions of shares in United States companies at a shocking rate.

According to Buffet’s website…

“It is very likely that these professional investors are aware of very specific research that indicates a massive market correction coming very soon… as much as 95%– enough to cause nightmarish conditions that make the 2008 financial debacle pale in comparison.

Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924138 Jun 13, 2013
If we’re going to get a radical politics, including a radical black politics, back in this country, we have to drop out of major party electoral-ism and bourgeois identity politics once and for all. We have to get back to supposedly old-fashioned Marxist and black-nationalist understandings of how race, racial identity and sham electoral democracy function together within the overall and interrelated frameworks of capitalism and imperialism.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924139 Jun 13, 2013
So, you know, liberals ask me,“gee whiz golly shucks Mr. Street , but isn’t there anything good about the Obama experience and presidency from a racial justice perspective?” And I will report that I simply cannot listen to all the “black role model” talk any more after everything this man has done in office. At this point, I’m not sure I would rather have Black American youth dreaming of being a Jordan or a JayZee or a Beyonce than of being an Obama or a Colin Powell or a Condi Rice or a Susan Rice or a Cory Booker T. If there’s anything good about the Obama experience and era, I think it is that professor Obama has given billions of ordinary people at home and abroad an advanced seminar on who really runs this vicious capitalist nation state beneath and beyond its quadrennial major party big money candidate-centered electoral extravaganzas. He has given us an extreme tutorial on the idiotic futility of seeking progressive change through the bourgeois ballot box and bourgeois identity politics. He has been a perfect embodiment of how the ruling class can flip the old racial divide-and-rule over in a devious way to put false rebels’ clothes on the persistent, predominantly white plutocracy and its bloody empire. The lesson of Obama…it’s the lessons that Occupy acted upon before it got shut down to make way for the year long election spectacle – the lesson once again that its not about who’s sitting in the White House, it’s about who’s sitting in the streets, who’s occupying the shop-floors, who’s occupying the public square, who’s occupying the schools and the media and the legislative halls from the bottom up.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#924140 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody with a brain knew that the government was spying on them.
Snowden just gave the program a name and a face.
Where's the beef?
Those citizens without a brain know that too now and that is a problem, Isnt it?
You know, all those lemmings and sheeple?
Unlike us.
Who might advocate for them.
Just thinking.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924141 Jun 13, 2013
So, you know, let the president dream his dreams of Mount Rushmore. Let him have his global ex-president foundation and his untold millions in corporate speaking fees and his Secrete Service detachments. Let him send Sasha and Malia to the Deerfield Academy and Harvard or Oxford and let him drone on about how that proves that equal opportunity has come to America for all who refuse to “make excuses.” I know Obama still has business to finish up for the ruling class, like cutting back Social Security and Medicare, final Keystone Pipeline approval, sneaking through the Trans Pacific Partnership and positioning the Pentagon to more effectively confront China. Yes, we have to resist him and the ruling class he supports right now, everyday, Still, we can already feel the president starting to slip under the bus of history. That’s a good thing. I don’t think either Hillary Clinton or Marc Rubio can give this vicious sociopathic racist empire a deadly re-branding to anything like the same degree as what Obama did.

In the meantime, those of us on the real left have got bigger and better things to worry about than the life and times of Booker T. Obama. We have a bigger timeline than the two-and four-year election cycles of American politics, not to mention the quarterly earnings statements of capital, the real executive authority beneath and beyond the comings and goings of politicians. We are in pursuit of what Dr, King rightly called the real issue to be faced beyond superficial matters – the radical reconstruction of society itself. Thank you very much.

Prevented this

#924142 Jun 13, 2013
Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
Obama would betray black Americans and be a negative for the struggle against racism ,“The president has been openly hostile to the notion that he or anyone else in government ought to pay special attention to blacks’ needs.” the predominantly white governing class and the imperial establishment play clever Machiavellian games with race and gender and ethnicity and religion and sexual orientation, using these and other aspects of social identity as seductive propaganda tools to bamboozle millions into seeing democratic transformation when the underlying reality is the deepening grip of the unelected and interrelated dictatorships of money and empire.
We knew what Martin Luther King knew when he rejected efforts to enlist for a presidential run in 1968.“The black revolution,” Dr. King wrote that critical year, is “exposing evils that are rooted deeply in the whole structure of our society. It reveals systemic rather than superficial flaws and suggests that the radical reconstruction of society itself is the real issue to be faced.” The changes we needed to avert catastrophe and build a human civilization, King felt, could not be limited to the periodic re-shuffling of the names and faces and parties in nominal power. It had to go deeper than replacing one brand or shape or color of corporate- and military-captive office-holders with another such brand once every two, four or eight years.
We knew that, as Howard Zinn said,“the really critical thing isn’t who’s sitting in the White House, but who is sitting in – in the streets, in the cafeterias, in the halls of government, in the factories. Who is protesting, who is occupying offices and demonstrating – those are the things that determine what happens.” It’s not about running for president.
SOME BLACKS OF INTELLECT SAID OBAMA WOULD SUCK FOR BLACK PEOPLE AND THE POOR FROM day one and he has
The same blacks tried to tell the Chicago blacks that Mayor Emmanuel would suck also. One lady the other night on the news...But we trusted O'bama that Rahm Emmanuel was the one...she was crying...poor thing, she should get out more and not believe what the O'bama tells her. I guess she figures black people don't lie.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#924143 Jun 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wether = whether? Another Aunt Batty pupil?
Wether is a good description of you -second definition

Prevented this

#924144 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that puts a mythical standard that would take years & years to obtain.
Galt: "Mommy, I want to go out & play"
Galt's Mother: Not until your room is clean.
Galt cleans his room.
Galt" Mommy O cleaned my room!"
Galts Mother: " Galt, you moron, that room isn't clean! There's dust on your table"
Galt dusts the table.
Galt: "Mommy I dusted the table, Can I go Now?"
Galt's Mother . "Galt, you moron, there's dust under your bed."
On & On & on.
What s "clean" jus like what is "effective control" have a wide range of opinions.
Geez there for a moment I thought you learned how to articulate or at the very least use spell check. But nooooooo-you learned how to cut and paste for the first time. Way to go you might make it to your GED.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#924145 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet, but I can imagine what's going on there.
The Obamabots are trying to divert the attention to Snowden to prevent the attention from being focussed where it needs to be, on the government spying. The RINOs are helping them.
Is that close?
It's spot on and millions of us citizens agree.
Privacy is important and part of our basic foundation as a nation.
We shouldn't tolerate a tyrannical organization for one second.
Snowden is a hero, many, many think.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924146 Jun 13, 2013
AND ALSO WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT EXPECT PRIVACY WHEN THE PEOPLE DOESNT HAVE privacy snowden did nothing WRONG when you think about it National security my A$$ you spy on the people and the people spy on you checks and balances free BRADLEY MANNING FREE SPEECH FREEDOM OF INFORMATION they have great big SPOTLIGHTS UP EVERYONES A$$ so NOW ONE IS UP THEIRS unfair game is played twice they are making the AMERICAN PEOPLE THE ENEMY OF THE STATE, HOW MANY VOTERS HAVE EVER HAD A DISCUSSIION WITH SOME FRAUD THEY VOTED FOR most would say never

Prevented this

#924147 Jun 13, 2013
A call for strategic minds to unite

Monsanto and Big Ag have truly weaved a tangled web by placing themselves and their cohorts at the very epicenter of U.S. economic stability. It is obvious, therefore, that we need the world’s brightest and most creative minds to unite in an effort to free the U.S. from the financial stronghold they have on the economy.

Anti-GMO activists need to come up with a plan to offer the U.S. fiscal system long-term growth and sustainability – at the same time – providing solutions to world hunger issues to let Americans know that we are not at the mercy of GMO’s to feed the world.

Let’s begin by using our spending power

It has been announced by Amanda Irish, senior director of Target’s store brands, that it will boost its organic food selection by 25 percent by 2017. According to Irish, Target’s new brand of organic food is in response to American’s demand for healthy food options. Although, only 10 percent of overall grocery sales, Irish states that organic foods are growing at twice the rate of conventional groceries.

In effect, these numbers reflect an increased demand for non-GMO’s as well because organic food by definition is non-GMO.

So, to help shift the financial dependency our nation has on Big Ag, consumers need to first utilize their spending power and vote “No-GMO” with their dollar. We need to focus the economic trend toward non-GMO products and create awareness to lead our fellow Americans down a similar.

Like the EU, Japan and other countries refusing to purchase GMO products, Monsanto will be pressured to supply what is demanded or else run the risk of losing their market share.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#924148 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn. The budget for 2002 didn't include a war started after it was passed.
And, since when did any Democrat start even using the word "budget"? Do you even know what a budget is?
The recession caused by the Democrats start date is questionable. But, let's just use your unsupported estimate. You're saying the Democrats' recession started almost a year after the Democrats took full control of all oversight of the institutions that caused the economic collapse.
You forgot to mention that, after your "start" date, a stream of lies poured out of the mouths of the Democrats overseeing those institutions in an attempt to hide the truth.
Now, why would you forget to mention that?
Which Bush budgets included war costs.

Fourth Quarter of 2007 is the accepted start date. Where is that list?

Now you blame the Democrats for not stopping the Republicans from nearly killing this country. Isn't that pathetic. "Its not fault, you didn't stop me?" excuse.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924150 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Dumbass Eman wouldn't recognize logic & reasoning.
Dumbass dave and ows trash should at least attempt logic and reasoning.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924151 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like Galt gets abused when he makes is twice daily trips to the liquor store. I'm sure the clerk gets tired of seeing the old urine stained drunk stagger in & paying with the loose change he just begged on the street corner.
You seem to be an expert. Do you need bars on the windows where your liquor store is located?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 11 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 55 min Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 1 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr maurizio74 49,849
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago