Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924206 Jun 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
HELL (The Borowitz Report)—Word that the News Corporation chief executive Rupert Murdoch has filed for divorce from his wife, Wendi Deng, came as a “total surprise” to longtime Murdoch confidant Satan, the Lord of the Underworld said today.
“I am totally blindsided by this,” Satan told reporters.“He and I talk every day.”
Citing his long history with the media titan, the Hound of Hell said,“We go way back. I gave him the idea for Fox News. I told him to hire Roger Ailes. That’s why this is such a shock.”
A frequent dining companion of the Murdochs, Satan said he “didn’t have a clue that they were having problems.”
A frequent dining companion of the Murdochs, Satan said he “didn’t have a clue that they were having problems.”
“I’ve had dozens of dinners with them in the Hamptons,” he said.“Did they bicker? No more than other couples. But they seemed to be on the same page about all the important things, like creating corrupt media monopolies and buying politicians. I thought they were for keeps.”
Adding that he “cares deeply about his friends,” Satan said the news about the Murdochs had hit him especially hard:“I was just starting to get over the Putins.”
The Prince of Darkness said he first got word of the Murdoch divorce about an hour before the official announcement:“My banker at Goldman Sachs called and told me to sell my News Corp. stock right away.”
HOW IS aNTHONY WEINER the PERVERT AND beard for hillary clinton doing

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#924207 Jun 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"DBWriter"
I am sure you have noted that the left wing loons, i.e. "real dumb", "sonic", "silly", "homo" etal have one thing in common blame Bush. But what else do they have they can not point to any positives from the reign of the boy nobama, there are none. Shit his signature act nobamakare is not popular with a majority of American's and will be even more unpopular when the full effects start hitting them
Peace
"Agree" is an understatement.
It's blatantly obvious the very people who forced it on us don't what any part of it near their lives.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924208 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, sooner or later there will be someone who sees what's going on in the White House and tells all. We'll have some very tough decisions to make then. I can see where there are capital treason offenses that are likely to be discovered when they have to turn the power of the White House over to the next administration.
I don't think they have a plan to ever leave.
The information coming out of this administration probably isn't going to get any prettier, and it will probably get very ugly evicting them.
Where is "Deep Throat" when you really need him?

Galt suspects that the Obama Regime is busy investigating potential internal leaks...not national security leaks, but political leaks.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#924209 Jun 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but, but, but.....Bush did do it, too. first.
so what we're talking about are policies that Bush started that you now want Obama to rein in.
come on man....where are the unicorns?
... anything to avoid talking about the real issue.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Yup. We'll most likely have to fight another war over the principles written in the Constitution.
What do you think? Do you think the Democrats are willing to fight a war to eliminate the Constitution?
Or, do you think they plan to fight a war to stay in the White House so a follow-on administration can't discover all the treason going on there now?
I'm thinking, considering there are Wahhabists in the White House while Wahhabism is at war with the United States, it is likely there are hanging offenses happening.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#924210 Jun 13, 2013
funny....

CCR v. Obama (formerly CCR v. Bush)

http://ccrjustice.org/CCR-v-Obama

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924211 Jun 13, 2013
So is the border secure or not? You stupid sheep believe and repeat whatever your told.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924212 Jun 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ny racist"
Hear this asshole. I had no choice, monies were taken from my pay and put into this system for more than 50 years. Monies are still being taken out.
SS does not support me. Without SS my our life style would change not at all. SS is walking around monies, beer money, fun money.
If you ever get to Spokane, let me know. I will treat you to an ice cold Kokanee Gold at Jack and Dan's. Maybe that would put a little lead in your pencil.
Peace
KMA
EasyEed is right in a sense; however, all Eed's SS payments were taxes that went immediately to fund benefits and do not guarantee Eed any future benefits.

Galt hopes that Jack and Dan's is within walking distance of EasyEed's house. Gotta watch the Gestapo checkpoints!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#924213 Jun 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Keep preaching your doom and gloom son.
That's the only way you idiots seem to know!
... back away from the crack pipe.

You pretend to have military service. Are you one of those frauds who pretended to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" that slandered real veterans with lies?

Why would you join a political party that spit on veterans and invented a system of lies to slander them with?

... well?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924214 Jun 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh then why isn't Manning a "hero" as well ? or Julian Assange for WikiLeaks. If we are handing out labels, lets not get discriminating about it. After all all three exposed things the Government did not want you to know about.
There is a difference between releasing national security information and exposing the existence of a program to spy on American citizens.

If Snowden released national security information (beyond the existence of the program), then he may be as guilty as Manning.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#924215 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is "Deep Throat" when you really need him?
Galt suspects that the Obama Regime is busy investigating potential internal leaks...not national security leaks, but political leaks.
I think you hit the nail squarely on the head. The spying on the journalists and Congress was most likely part of that.
The wheels are coming off their wagon. They used to keep Vallerie Jarrett very well hidden. Did you see where they had to actually have her make a public statement about how Holder wasn't going to be removed? Everyone in the administration knows she's the real president, and it took a statement from her to quell the panic.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#924216 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If they come from "further south", they likely enter through Mexico.
If they come directly from the "middle east and Africa", should be easy to stop them at immigration by tightening visa programs.
Galt is more concerned about Muslims and Africans than about Mexicans.
They are coming over to South America and moving north. Prayer rugs are more and more being found in the deserts of southwest America. The worry should be the stingers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924217 Jun 13, 2013
HELL (The Borowitz Report)—Word that the News Corporation chief executive Rupert Murdoch has filed for divorce from his wife, Wendi Deng, came as a “total surprise” to longtime Murdoch confidant Satan, the Lord of the Underworld said today.
“I am totally blindsided by this,” Satan told reporters.“He and I talk every day.”
Citing his long history with the media titan, the Hound of Hell said,“We go way back. I gave him the idea for Fox News. I told him to hire Roger Ailes. That’s why this is such a shock.”
“I’ve had dozens of dinners with them in the Hamptons,” he said.“Did they bicker? No more than other couples. But they seemed to be on the same page about all the important things, like creating corrupt media monopolies and buying politicians. I thought they were for keeps.”
Adding that he “cares deeply about his friends,” Satan said the news about the Murdochs had hit him especially hard:“I was just starting to get over the Putins.”
The Prince of Darkness said he first got word of the Murdoch divorce about an hour before the official announcement:“My banker at Goldman Sachs called and told me to sell my News Corp. stock right away.”
When the real news is bad for Obama, count on Boca lily to divert to a joke website.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#924218 Jun 13, 2013
What did Satan say about a former presidential candidate who cheated on his wife while she was fighting breast cancer and had a child with his mistress which became news right before his wife died?

Did he mention anything about sitting presidents who use interns for sexual gratification while on the job and on the taxpayer's dime?

Or is Satan just another biased liberal?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#924219 Jun 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"DBWriter"
I am sure you have noted that the left wing loons, i.e. "real dumb", "sonic", "silly", "homo" etal have one thing in common blame Bush. But what else do they have they can not point to any positives from the reign of the boy nobama, there are none. Shit his signature act nobamakare is not popular with a majority of American's and will be even more unpopular when the full effects start hitting them
Peace
Homer is just a bureaucratic government nerd, not in a class with the real leftwing loons.
sinic

Kerrville, TX

#924220 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is more concerned about Muslims and Africans than about Mexicans.
Galt, like his creator, sees the world he wants, not the one that exists. An old illegal alien once told me Mexico would 'reconquer' the north without firing a shot. He pointed out his expecting daughter in law.

(advice for nortinos: learn Spanish)

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#924221 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you hit the nail squarely on the head. The spying on the journalists and Congress was most likely part of that.
The wheels are coming off their wagon. They used to keep Vallerie Jarrett very well hidden. Did you see where they had to actually have her make a public statement about how Holder wasn't going to be removed? Everyone in the administration knows she's the real president, and it took a statement from her to quell the panic.
Doesn't she have her own room in the president's private residence?

If not, she ought to. According to Bob Woodword, she's the last one to leave the president alone with his family every single night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#924222 Jun 13, 2013
Opinion Weiner, Thompson and black voters
Why are white challengers outperforming an African-American candidate among blacks? So far, the spectacle that is Anthony Weiner’s return to political life has been analyzed and chronicled to an extent normally reserved for presidential candidates — or Kardashians.

Much of the coverage is not substantive, though Weiner is certainly attempting to get us to focus on policy rather than puns. But we may also be able to learn something deeper about New York and our most challenging issue — inequality — during this election, by noting how black voters and white voters have reacted differently to Weiner joining the race.

Consider this surprising fact: Weiner, a Jewish man who formerly represented a congressional district with a very small black population, led among black voters in one recent poll and finished second in another. City Council Speaker Christine Quinn — a white Irish-American — placed second and first in those same polls.

Meanwhile, eminently qualified African-American candidate William Thompson, the Democratic nominee for mayor just four years ago, ranked third in both polls.

The numbers are perplexing, to say the least. Part of the reason surely has to do with the celebritylike name recognition of both Weiner and Quinn; it is early in the cycle, when that matters most.

THE URBAN BIGOTTED DEMOCRAT go figure they are run by the SUBURBAN LIBERAL RACISTS

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#924224 Jun 13, 2013
We are still mimicking the early part of 1929. There were wild market swings then too in late spring and summer. Reports are that major players are silently selling off large portions of their portfolio. Be careful out there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#924225 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamabot racist Realtime shows his stripes again.
Rubio is finished as a Presidential candidate if his immigration bill does not give priority to border security.
Rubio's a fn clueless stooge and just perfect to advance the Republican immigration non-reform agenda.

I see you and Am Lady are hitting it off nicely overnight and our batshyt crazy pal Carol has taken up with DBnutjob, proving once again that God really does have a plan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#924226 Jun 13, 2013
The Tragic Fall of the White Race in America

Let’s not mince words. It’s hard being a white person in America. I hadn’t noticed this but that’s what everyone seems to say. So I was struck when a group of stories came together today in what seemed like a serendipitous way.

It starts with the news that among the people 5 years old and younger in America whites are now a minority. It’s worth noting that that’s a pretty small part of the population. And all it really means is that white people are no longer a bigger slice of the population than everyone else combined. But it does put the trajectory of American demographics and life in sharp relief. If you figure that it was a big, big deal that the percentage of the white vote was 72% in 2012 and had fallen from 88% in 1980, you can see that the fact that in 20 years that percentage, among young voters, will be 50/50, it’s actually a very big deal.

Then there was this story of Rep. Steve King (R-IA), well-known crazy person and tireless driver of TPM audience numbers, going on Twitter to complain that because of President Obama’s climate of lawlessness a group of “illegal aliens have just invaded my DC office.” TPM’s Perry Stein caught up with the horde of illegals/aka ‘Dreamers’ to get their side of the story here.

And then just after noon, we heard about the story of 11-year-old Sebastien De La Cruz, who sang the national anthem at Tuesday nights NBA Finals game and then got deluged by racist tweets telling him to go back to Mexico and that he’d probably just snuck into the country hours before and other good stuff. De La Cruz was born in San Antonio.

Good times, as they say.

But it’s brought home some of my own thoughts about the changing racial makeup of the country and the persistent or perhaps growing climate of white racial panic as white people face a future as only the biggest single group in the country with most of the wealth and power. Race has, obviously, always been a central part of American politics. Always. But we don’t have to go back to 1619 or 1863 or any other ancient date. Let’s just talk about the 1990s or really any other time up to the last few years. It’s not that any of this stuff is new. It’s that until pretty recently we had this stuff and on balance it was successful. That’s the key. And now, though it’s a very close run thing, it tends not to be successful. And by successful I mean in a purely electoral sense. Does it get you more votes than it looses you. And at a certain level that’s all that matters.

Republicans invested heavily in voter suppression for the 2012 cycle. And while it is very important to note that a big reason why it didn’t ‘work’ was that courts struck down a lot of the most egregious laws (and huge kudos to the myriad civil rights and voting rights lawyers who made that possible), it also didn’t work because the attempt itself massively energized the growing non-white electorate. So every time a little Mexican-American kid dares to sing the national anthem at a basketball game wearing a mariachi suit and freaks start telling him on Twitter to go back to Mexico, it’s gross and it’s a bummer, but you also realize that it’s probably marginalizing the white racist freakshow vote more than it’s empowering it. And when conservative backbenchers in the House say ‘pathway to citizenship’ over my dead body or despair of American culture, well, sure bring it to the next election and let’s see what happens. And the one after that.

The simple fact is that calculus has changed. There are now enough non-white people in America and just as critically enough whites who are either at least comfortable or even welcome being in a multiracial party and country, that the electoral calculus has changed. And that’s a really good thing.

http://editors.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,909
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 7 min barefoot2626 24
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min mdbuilder 49,253
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min Rick Moss 71,135
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,894
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr Star Thugs Lose 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News