Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924348 Jun 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I know-I couldn't believe it myself--Larry Flynt, king of the democrat party according to lily. LOL
in the Bible, it says "...and a child shall lead them..."

I just hope to hell it ain't gonna be lily!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#924349 Jun 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not, of course, the first president to flout the law.
http://www.aei.org/article/politics-and-publi...
i learned that hypocrisy has to be a way of life for those who voted for Bush.
Stephen Colbert has a show on Comedy Central immediately after Jon Stewart’s comedic news commentary program. The difference between the two is that Jon Stewart is generally more open to taking shots at Obama, but Colbert seems to be firmly partisan. Until now.

Last night, Stephen Colbert went off on Obama, literally referring to him as “a tyrannical despot who ignores all the rules”. For once, we fully agree. And there’s only one thing you should do to a tyrannical president: remove him from office.

As I wrote on my personal Facebook page:“Thousands of liberals are defending Obama by saying,‘Spying on Americans is fine, because Bush did it, too.’ One problem… that’s why they hate Bush. By their own principles, they should want to impeach Obama.”

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924350 Jun 13, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>2 lines would be best. Build the fence..deport the criminal invaders.
Loopholes! Loopholes! Democrats want more loopholes!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924351 Jun 13, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
THE SKY IS FALLING
THE SKY IS FALLING
And it slammed into your dckhead at supersonic speed.
Messed you face up, too.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#924352 Jun 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
North Carolina is the new Wisconsin, but not for the reasons McCrory alleges. Like in Wisconsin, a homegrown grassroots resistance movement has emerged—and grown rapidly—to challenge the drastic right-wing agenda unveiled by Republicans in the state. Just like the Koch brothers backed Scott Walker, the Koch’s billionaire ally and close associate Art Pope funded North Carolina’s Republican takeover in 2010 and 2012.(Only McCrory went a step further and actually named Pope to his inner circle as deputy budget director.) And North Carolina, like Wisconsin, is “a state fight with national implications,” says Rev. William Barber of the North Carolina NAACP. Republicans have imported a slew of ALEC-inspired policies in an attempt to turn the New South back into the Old Confederacy.
Read more: North Carolina Is the New Wisconsin | The Nation http://www.thenation.com/blog/174761/north-ca...
Follow us:@thenation on Twitter | TheNationMagazine on Facebook
Well we already know O'bama's IRS and his spy technology was used to corrupt two elections in Wisconsin.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924353 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know.
How about "when a version dubbed into Arabic was posted on the same YouTube channel and then copied and viewed tens of thousands of times more"
How about that?
"real dumb"
You are stoopid. The president sent out rice to lie, she did her job. You bought the lie. No surprize. You lived up to expectations.
Peace
KMA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924354 Jun 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Putin skills level are lower than the lowest, vilest knuckle-dragger--Putin can't even manage his own marriage, he's divorcing his wife!
So you judge a person's political skill levels based on the relationship inside their marriage?

This speaks volumes about you.

Roosevelt screwed around on Eleanor. JFK on Jackie. Bubba Clinton on Hog Thighs Hillary. Obama on Moochelle(with men)

So your heroes are all dirtbags inside of your judgement criteria, right?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#924355 Jun 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Colbert has a show on Comedy Central immediately after Jon Stewart’s comedic news commentary program. The difference between the two is that Jon Stewart is generally more open to taking shots at Obama, but Colbert seems to be firmly partisan. Until now.
Last night, Stephen Colbert went off on Obama, literally referring to him as “a tyrannical despot who ignores all the rules”. For once, we fully agree. And there’s only one thing you should do to a tyrannical president: remove him from office.
As I wrote on my personal Facebook page:“Thousands of liberals are defending Obama by saying,‘Spying on Americans is fine, because Bush did it, too.’ One problem… that’s why they hate Bush. By their own principles, they should want to impeach Obama.”
Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

This study investigated biased message processing of political satire in The Colbert Report and the influence of political ideology on perceptions of Stephen Colbert. Results indicate that political ideology influences biased processing of ambiguous political messages and source in late-night comedy. Using data from an experiment (N = 332), we found that individual-level political ideology significantly predicted perceptions of Colbert's political ideology. Additionally, there was no significant difference between the groups in thinking Colbert was funny, but conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/27/colb...

so...you're a conservative, aren't you?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924357 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> It is but Republicans look to take away some of that revenue. Try to keep up. Staying out of your neighborhood liquor store might help.
"real dumb"
If I read your post correctly, republicans took away some of that revenue. I take it you mean American tax payer dollars. They actually dared to expect folks to pay for services that they receive and that the taxpayers, not you, should pay for? That is definitely an alien thought to one like you, one with his hand out.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924358 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nunes is one of those evil Republicans, of Portuguese ancestry, not Hispanic.
But, never fear, Obamabot used car dealer Realtime will call him some racist name.
Unlike used car dealers, devin is an honest man.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#924360 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know.
How about "when a version dubbed into Arabic was posted on the same YouTube channel and then copied and viewed tens of thousands of times more"
How about that?
Were does it say that happened outside of the u.s?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924361 Jun 13, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> dave I asked these once before and not one lib would atempt to answer, let's see if you can answer or if you dodge it..
In what way does rewarding criminal immigrants that came here with no reguard to our laws benefit our nation? How does adding 11-30 million unskilled workers to our allready poor job market help the American who has to compete for jobs with people willing to work for low wages? How will adding these low skill people who will not earn enough to support their needa to the entitlement programs to an allready exausted system be anything but a burden to our people?
"moshx"
Grate Post!!
APPLAUSE!!!!!
But be at ease "real dumb" will come up with some kind of crap to try, nit very effectively to rebut you. Just laugh at him like everyone else on this thread does.
Peace
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924362 Jun 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
George Bush's true legacy? A Republican Party in denial
http://www.aei.org/article/politics-and-publi...
A self degenerating, convoluted, directionless party in disarray.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924364 Jun 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know democrats don't keep their word. Years will become months.
Right.

As opposed to cons.

Gee. That statement sure was an oxymoron!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#924365 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Andrew Napolitano. I think a good VP with him would be Paul Ryan. Normally, I would not favor a Libertarian in federal government, but we've gone so far I think that's what we need now.
A staunch constitutionalist as president, and a libertarian and vice president.
What do you think?
and Rand Paul for VP ( but he gotta let Uncle Joe hang around some still too lol)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#924366 Jun 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says to turn the other cheek. Allah says to kill the unbeliever.
Jesus says to forgive your enemies. The Boy Messiah and Muhammad say to punish your enemies and help your friends. "If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun"
Jesus said that His Father takes care of the birds in the field so why would He do less for His children?
The Magic Negro says "Vote for me and I'll steal the entire field from the farmer so you can eat from his labors. Hell, I'll even toss in free citizenship for Mexican thieves if they then turn around and promise to vote Democratic!""
Stand in silence in the presence of the Sovereign LORD, for the awesome day of the LORD's judgment has come. The LORD has prepared his people for a great slaughter and has chosen their executioners. "On that day of judgment," says the LORD, "I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs. Yes, I will punish those who participate in pagan worship ceremonies, and those who steal and kill to fill their masters' homes with loot. "On that day," says the LORD, "a cry of alarm will come from the Fish Gate and echo throughout the newer Mishneh section of the city. And a great crashing sound will come from the surrounding hills. Wail in sorrow, all you who live in the market area, for all who buy and sell there will die. "I will search with lanterns in Jerusalem's darkest corners to find and punish those who sit contented in their sins, indifferent to the LORD, thinking he will do nothing at all to them. They are the very ones whose property will be plundered by the enemy, whose homes will be ransacked. They will never have a chance to live in the new homes they have built. They will never drink wine from the vineyards they have planted. "That terrible day of the LORD is near. Swiftly it comes – a day when strong men will cry bitterly. It is a day when the LORD's anger will be poured out. It is a day of terrible distress and anguish, a day of ruin and desolation, a day of darkness and gloom, of clouds, blackness, trumpet calls, and battle cries. Down go the walled cities and strongest battlements! "Because you have sinned against the LORD, I will make you as helpless as a blind man searching for a path. Your blood will be poured out into the dust, and your bodies will lie there rotting on the ground." Your silver and gold will be of no use to you on that day of the LORD's anger. For the whole land will be devoured by the fire of his jealousy. He will make a terrifying end of all the people on earth.- Zephaniah 1:7:18 NLT

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924367 Jun 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill should be reduced to no more than 10 pages.
"John Galt"
Liberal loons do not believe it is necessary to read a bill. Their mantra pass it and read it later.
The bill should surely state that any one here illegally should have their ass kicked out, they are criminals and they broke US laws, go back to wherever they came from and go thru the process. Liberals hate that concept, they want more who depend on government, after all they will be votes for those, liberals, who could care less, they just want the votes.
Peace

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#924368 Jun 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I don't understand why Congress should be limited just to satisfy your attention span.
"John Galt"
"real dumb" is dumb. Though in one case is correct. The bill should be short and to the point. If you are here illegally your ass will be voted out.
Peace

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924369 Jun 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> Stand in silence in the presence of the Sovereign LORD, for the awesome day of the LORD's judgment has come. The LORD has prepared his people for a great slaughter and has chosen their executioners. "On that day of judgment," says the LORD, "I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs. Yes, I will punish those who participate in pagan worship ceremonies, and those who steal and kill to fill their masters' homes with loot. "On that day," says the LORD, "a cry of alarm will come from the Fish Gate and echo throughout the newer Mishneh section of the city. And a great crashing sound will come from the surrounding hills. Wail in sorrow, all you who live in the market area, for all who buy and sell there will die. "I will search with lanterns in Jerusalem's darkest corners to find and punish those who sit contented in their sins, indifferent to the LORD, thinking he will do nothing at all to them. They are the very ones whose property will be plundered by the enemy, whose homes will be ransacked. They will never have a chance to live in the new homes they have built. They will never drink wine from the vineyards they have planted. "That terrible day of the LORD is near. Swiftly it comes – a day when strong men will cry bitterly. It is a day when the LORD's anger will be poured out. It is a day of terrible distress and anguish, a day of ruin and desolation, a day of darkness and gloom, of clouds, blackness, trumpet calls, and battle cries. Down go the walled cities and strongest battlements! "Because you have sinned against the LORD, I will make you as helpless as a blind man searching for a path. Your blood will be poured out into the dust, and your bodies will lie there rotting on the ground." Your silver and gold will be of no use to you on that day of the LORD's anger. For the whole land will be devoured by the fire of his jealousy. He will make a terrifying end of all the people on earth.- Zephaniah 1:7:18 NLT
Uhhh...can you condense down into an executive summary? Thank You.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#924370 Jun 13, 2013
WP - US concludes Syria’s Assad’s used chemical weapons on opposition, crossing Obama ‘red line’: http://tinyurl.com/mv5gbsf

OK, Magic Negro. Where is that Red Line you drew in the sand again?

It looks Yellow to me, Dood.

GFY. Let Putin handle it:]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Busted at 14 for pretending to be a cop, man ch... 23 min reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min TRD 69,822
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Learn to Read 187,861
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 53,050
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 3 hr Vicki 390
News Chicago: Reward offered in search for getaway d... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Obama and his Library-to-Be 5 hr Whiny larry 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]