Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#923844 Jun 12, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Even supporters questioned the way the administration slipped the policy out without first opening it for public comment. The change was buried in an afternoon announcement on May 31 about efficiency standards for microwave ovens, a rule not seen as groundbreaking.
“This is a very strange way to make policy about something this important,” Frank Ackerman, an economist at Tufts University who published a book about the economics of global warming, said in an interview. The Obama administration “hasn’t always leveled with us about what is happening behind closed doors.”
This is preposterous ,shoddy reporting by Bloomberg.com news because the EPA has been using this kind of carbon-accounting method for years in their reports and wrote a scathing criticism of the State Department for not using it for their own analysis of the prevailing costs of building the TransCanada Keystone XL pipeline. "For years, the Environmental Protection Agency has urged the State Department to do just this kind of calculation as part of its environmental review of the Keystone project. But the State Department has never done so.
In April, in a review sharply critical of the State Department's latest draft environmental impact statement for the project, the EPA again urged this approach.
It cited estimates that the tar sands crude oil the pipeline would carry could add 19 million tons of incremental emissions to the atmosphere each year—the amount of extra pollution due to the fact that tar sands oil is dirtier than conventional oil and uses more energy to produce. Using the new carbon cost estimate, the extra emissions from the oil delivered in the year 2020 alone would impose future costs of more than $800 million in today's dollars. Every following year's emissions would add to the economic harm, and at a steadily escalating price per ton.
"If greenhouse gas intensity of oil sands crude is not reduced, over a 50 year period the additional carbon dioxide from oil sands crude transported by the pipeline could be as much as 935 million metric tons," the EPA told the State Department. "It is this difference in greenhouse gas intensity—between oil sands and other crudes—that is a major focus of the public debate about the climate impacts of oil sands crude."
Some analysts contend that the social damage costs from the Keystone would be far higher."
http://insideclimatenews.org/news/20130610/wh...
Crackpot environmentalists are destroying huge swaths of the fragile Mohave Desert ecosystem to build solar power projects, with nary a peep from Bocajews like you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923847 Jun 12, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Fartsack reveals he's gay, no one is surprised.
Yeah just can't say No.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923852 Jun 12, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you stupid, Zimmerman is out on bail.
frontporchreactionary is a backporchwannabe.

A big mouth is his only claim to fame on Topix, in the hood and in the bath houses.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#923853 Jun 12, 2013
Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a triple top. Once this baby heads down look out below. They'll be riding Mr. Obama out of town on a rail. Worst pres in history.
Interesting observation...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923854 Jun 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
26 years ago today...
June 12, 1987
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
We need another Reagan.
lol! Talk about unearned hero worship!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923855 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I went to mow my lawn and I came back to discover that if you don't feed Yeah, she/he goes away.
You should mow your lawn more often and longer.

Everyone benefits!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923856 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You post this earlier.
I responded that this does NOT change the main finding of the study that Americans disapprove of this being utilize on ordinary Americans.
You propose a cherry picking fallacy. A fallacy as the Title and Main emphasis of the POLL was the Disapproval that I noted.
What is wrong with you that you have forgotten so soon?
lol! It's so funny how you still have to explain your point because your point can't!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923857 Jun 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Polling clueless fools means squat.
You should tell some of your brethren that.

They seem to love polls, even when it screws them up !
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923858 Jun 12, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gay, no one is surprised. So what?
Well, ok.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#923859 Jun 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah just can't say No.
No.

Well, seems you've lied again, son!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923860 Jun 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Well, seems you've lied again, son!
You said no to me. That doesn't count.

I'm not one of your customers.
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#923861 Jun 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
The Taqiyyah Doctrine empowers a Muslim by encouraging lying, misrepresentation and deceit in order to protect one’s self and their religion. The doctrine is pretty much a defense apparatus that allows the believer to do whatever it takes to preserve his or her life, property, maintain his self esteem, sovereignty and leadership. When necessary one is allowed to lie and deceive as long as the believer conceals his true identity.
Barack Obama is a pathological liar because he is a muslim executing the Taqiyyah Doctrine in an attempt to force Sharia Law onto the population Of the United States.
Sure moron, that's why his administration stopped defending DOMA in the courts and came out for marriage equality because we all know that Sharia law is really into same sex marraige.
You're an idiot DB!
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#923863 Jun 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Why do we still not know who told who what in perpetrating the lie about Benghazi? Why did everyone know about the IRS besides the president?
Why does Holder still have a job? And why has the president not been forthcoming in addressing and providing an explanation to any of these issues?
There's only one logical answer. There's no reason to clam up and hide if you have nothing to hide.
Obama has to either confess incompetence on the part of his administration or his involvement.
Since no one has been fired for imcompetence, that eliminates the first one.
Unless someone has a third option.
You keep harping about some nonexistent "lie" concerning Benghazi. There were none Carol.
A New York Times article from October 17 2012 took a comprehensive look at what transpired and this is one interesting fact they discovered;
According to reporting by David D. Kirkpatrick and Suliman Ali Zway of The New York Times, eyewitnesses have said there was no peaceful demonstration against the video outside the compound before the attack, though a crowd of Benghazi residents soon gathered, and some later looted the compound. But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. They did not mention the Sept. 11 anniversary. Intelligence officials believe that planning for the attack probably began only a few hours before it took place.
www.nytimes.com/.../questions-and-answers-on-...
Do you honestly expect the President to be personally aware of everything that happens in every department of every agency/ That's pretty inane.
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#923864 Jun 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Either Obama has to admit incompetence in his administration for keeping him out of the loop and fire them along with Holder for illegally going after journalists - or admit his own involvement.
There are simply no other options.
There was nothing illegal about obtaining records of phone calls through a subpoena Carol. This was a valid investigation of a leak of classified information that the Republicans themselves demanded.
James Rosen's information was obtained by a legal warrant again in relation to a national security leak.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#923866 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep harping about some nonexistent "lie" concerning Benghazi. There were none Carol.
A New York Times article from October 17 2012 took a comprehensive look at what transpired and this is one interesting fact they discovered;
According to reporting by David D. Kirkpatrick and Suliman Ali Zway of The New York Times, eyewitnesses have said there was no peaceful demonstration against the video outside the compound before the attack, though a crowd of Benghazi residents soon gathered, and some later looted the compound. But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. They did not mention the Sept. 11 anniversary. Intelligence officials believe that planning for the attack probably began only a few hours before it took place.
www.nytimes.com/.../questions-and-answers-on-...
Do you honestly expect the President to be personally aware of everything that happens in every department of every agency/ That's pretty inane.
Sure moron, whatever you say. Your link shows "page not found" but no big deal. The NY Slimes has about as much credibility as you which is ZERO!

You confirm you are a moron when you say things like:

"But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. "

Only a complete fringe Moonbat would use such an argument to prove he is an idiot.

You are a joke, PDUPONT.

How is Sweden? Are they "doing just fine"?

Baaawwwaaaahhhh!!!!!

You are a liar and an idiot!
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#923867 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing illegal about obtaining records of phone calls through a subpoena Carol. This was a valid investigation of a leak of classified information that the Republicans themselves demanded.
James Rosen's information was obtained by a legal warrant again in relation to a national security leak.
Hey idiot! So are you saying there is nothing illegal about misleading/lying to a judge to get his signature?

"FORMER OBAMA ADVISER: The Justice Department's Surveillance Of A Fox News Reporter Is 'Disturbing'"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/david-axelrod-...

Don't choke on your Kool-Aid, bumblef*ck.

Say Hi to your moron son.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#923868 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, that's why his administration stopped defending DOMA in the courts and came out for marriage equality because we all know that Sharia law is really into same sex marraige.
You're an idiot DB!
Who's the moron? I say it's the idiot that posts:

"Sweden ... is doing just fine!" when they have been rioting for 5 days solid. That would be you PDUPONT.

Your poor son. His father says crap and knows nothing about what he is talking about.

You are an idiot PDUPONT.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923869 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep harping about some nonexistent "lie" concerning Benghazi. There were none Carol.
A New York Times article from October 17 2012 took a comprehensive look at what transpired and this is one interesting fact they discovered;
According to reporting by David D. Kirkpatrick and Suliman Ali Zway of The New York Times, eyewitnesses have said there was no peaceful demonstration against the video outside the compound before the attack, though a crowd of Benghazi residents soon gathered, and some later looted the compound. But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. They did not mention the Sept. 11 anniversary. Intelligence officials believe that planning for the attack probably began only a few hours before it took place.
www.nytimes.com/.../questions-and-answers-on-...
Do you honestly expect the President to be personally aware of everything that happens in every department of every agency/ That's pretty inane.
You need some credible sources, Dood.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#923870 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, that's why his administration stopped defending DOMA in the courts and came out for marriage equality because we all know that Sharia law is really into same sex marraige.
You're an idiot DB!
That was just to get your vote. Suckers!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923871 Jun 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing illegal about obtaining records of phone calls through a subpoena Carol. This was a valid investigation of a leak of classified information that the Republicans themselves demanded.
James Rosen's information was obtained by a legal warrant again in relation to a national security leak.
You fail to mention how many judges Eric Racist Holder had to try before he found one dumb enough to do his bidding....or cheap enough.

There isn't a week that passes without my reading about some corrupt, golf-playing judge who's on the take somewhere. Just watched the local news last night about one and another jerk judge the week before that.

You're a little kid with a big mouth, Dood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 32 min laur spen 85
428 homicides in 2013 36 min joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST

NBC Sports11:17AM
T.Y. Hilton is questionable, but they're not ruling him out
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
Bleacher Report11:39 AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports