Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459870 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923762 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
New Poll
63% of Americans place little or no trust and confidence in the federal government. Only 37% put even some trust in it.
....and that 37% are mostly takers who trust that their Welfare Check will be in the mail.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#923763 Jun 12, 2013
Saudis control Obama & Fox News

Obama bows to the Saudi dictator,
who gifted him the Presidency.

http://stop-obama-now.net/saudis-own-obama-fo...

NOT the "reporters" THO!
YET!

Tho they won't publish Sheriff Joes info!

WE are under a tyrant's RULE!

WHAT are WE going to DO? America ...
I'm NOT going to SETTLE for THAT!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#923764 Jun 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You right whiners are all alike. Complain when others get government help but are first in line when you need it. Ask your buddy Moocher Eed.
You're wrong..again.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#923766 Jun 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP: idiots!
HYPOCRITES.
that's the one I forgot.
Rug?
You mean the one whatever lays on while you?
Consenting adults!
I don't care.
Republicans: we start wars and borrow trillions!
We cry for billionaires! Ohhhhhhhhhh the poor babies!
hypocrites?? You just proved your hypocricy with your post. Are all libs this damm stupid.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#923767 Jun 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You are just another anti-science right whiner. You right honers used to believe in global warming. WTF happened??? Your political leaders told you it wasn't true & certainly since the evil Democrat Al Gore took up the cause. OMG OMG you can't have Al Gore looking good. Especially after you voted for Bush instead & what a disaster that was.
Yer wandering in the desert again, boy. Anti-Science am I? I used to believe in Global Warming did I? My political leaders told me...blah, blah, blah....

I think your leash broke again, Dood. Sit! Stay!

The Magic Negro will come to get you.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923768 Jun 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:
"When asked if the government's collection of Americans' phone call records is a necessary tool to help find terrorists, a slight majority of 53 percent say it is."
"But fewer Americans are concerned about their own personal communications being monitored. Just over a third is at least somewhat concerned about the government collecting their own phone records (38 percent) and monitoring their internet use (35 percent); six in 10 are not concerned."
"Asked if the government has gone too far in infringing on people's privacy in its efforts to fight terrorism, 46 percent think the balance is about right..... 36 percent say the government has gone too far" and "13 percent think the government hasn't gone far enough."
Perhaps you should read your links before jumping to conclusions.
What are you mumbling about. This was clearly stated

"Seventy-five percent of Americans approve of federal agencies collecting the phone records of people the government suspects of terrorist activity, but a 58 percent majority disapproves of this type of data collection in the case of ordinary Americans."

What difference does your data makes when the poll clearly 58% disagree with the data collection on ordinary people?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923769 Jun 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked fr proof.
So evidently you were too stupid to know what the truth was.
Not anger. Just telling you what an uninformed person you are.
Hey, skippy, you failed to provide even one link to back up your claims.

You also notably have failed to address the fact that the WH failed to stay in communication with Panetta after the briefing.

The WH did not respond to any communications from the Pentagon.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#923770 Jun 12, 2013
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home..If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
- President James Madison

One who comes from within ...
0 really screwed you dwIdioTs ...

Feel good about that ya dumchit voters for him ...!!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923771 Jun 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked fr proof.
So evidently you were too stupid to know what the truth was.
Not anger. Just telling you what an uninformed person you are.
You didn't know the truth IF you thought Obama remained in contact with Panetta through out the night.

You were WRONG and uninformed.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923772 Jun 12, 2013
63% of Americans have no trust in the federal government. How bout that?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#923773 Jun 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you know he did. Please provide the proof.
But hey, I believe the decision to send military help was made by the military.
no. I do not know he did just as you do not know he did not. That's the whole issue. Now truth is if there was nothing to hide we would not even be talking about it months later because the information would not have been hidden. Now military could have made the call but who is it that's in charge of the military? Now if he did give the order or knows who did, he needs to explain it. If he doesn't know what's going on under his watch he is incompetent and should step down or be removed..we can not have a president that has no idea what his military is doing. Think about it its simple logic reguardless of party.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923774 Jun 12, 2013
The only thing progressives have against "reeducation" camps is that conservatives aren't in them. Literally -ask USA
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923775 Jun 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least we are ones who have been making the scores when it counts. You people just bury your heads in the sand. Hasn't worked out too well for you has it?
That was a pathetic and failed "save"

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#923776 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you mumbling about. This was clearly stated
"Seventy-five percent of Americans approve of federal agencies collecting the phone records of people the government suspects of terrorist activity, but a 58 percent majority disapproves of this type of data collection in the case of ordinary Americans."
What difference does your data makes when the poll clearly 58% disagree with the data collection on ordinary people?
All I did was post direct quotes from your article. You are not the only one who knows how to cherry pick.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923777 Jun 12, 2013
The comparisons of Obama to Bush at Huff Post & others leave out one minor detail...Bush didn't actually do what Obama is doing.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923778 Jun 12, 2013
Real Liberals: You comrades think using govt agencies to oppress political opponents is a good thing. Do you?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#923779 Jun 12, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You got it wrong as usual. It was the Clinton Administration's quick correlation of U S Intelligence agencies (FBI and CIA ) with European and Arab allies intelligence agencies and Interpol that successfully tracked down , captured and convicted all the major suspects in the 1993 terrorist basement truck bombing attack at the WTC and who are all serving long life terms in U S SuperMax prisons(the most impregnable jails on Earth)
The Cox Report, which detailed Chinese espionage for Congress, revealed that FBI surveillance caught Chinese officials frantically trying to keep Democratic donor Johnny Chung from divulging any information that would be damaging. Chung funneled $300,000 in illegal contributions from the Chinese military to the DNC between 1994 and 1996.

It was this web of investigations that led Gorelick and Bill Clinton to erect the wall between intelligence agencies that resulted in the toppling of the Twin Towers.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.a...

In 1995, Clinton's Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick called for increased separation between intelligence and law-enforcement agencies and sought to stifle inter-agency information sharing.

At the same time, Mr. Clinton was worried about ongoing FBI and CIA investigations into illegal Chinese contributions that had been made to U.S. presidential campaigns. Both the FBI and the CIA were churning up evidence damaging to the Democratic Party, its fundraisers, the Chinese, and ultimately the Clinton administration itself.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#923780 Jun 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I did was post direct quotes from your article. You are not the only one who knows how to cherry pick.
I used the info presented in the main title of the article.

How is that even close to cherry picking? Never mind, it isn't.

Another pathetic and failed "save"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#923781 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
The comparisons of Obama to Bush at Huff Post & others leave out one minor detail...Bush didn't actually do what Obama is doing.
So true.

Obama is doing better and fixing bushie boy's problems.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#923782 Jun 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a pathetic and failed "save"
Don't you just hate it when your own source or words are used against you son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 231,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1,975
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2,762
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ize Found 71,238
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 104,548
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 6 hr Earl 20
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Into The Night 62,343

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages