Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549276 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lincoln

United States

#919616 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama publicly and naively went after Fox News right after taking office. Remember?
He then banned Fox News from press conferences until the liberal media stood behind Fox.
This president has made it no mystery he rewards loyalty and despises criticism, dividing both parties by demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office.
This is not the actions of a leader. They are character traits of a narcissist.
You must have forgotten the tea party - citizens who protested in peaceful dissent against big government - were put on the Homeland Security's list in 2009.
If you're still laughing, you're delerious.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday that he was "glad" the National Security Agency is collecting the phone records of Verizon Communications customers,

The Washington Times reported.

Speaking on Fox News, Graham explained that he was a Verizon customer and was happy to have his service provider handing over phone records to the government in an effort to track suspected terrorists.

"I'm a Verizon customer," Graham said. "I don't mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States."

Graham clarified that under the law, "you just can't track people's phone calls," and said there must be a reasonable belief that the people being surveilled are involved in terrorism.

"I donít think you're talking to the terrorists. I know you're not. I know I'm not, so we don't have anything to worry about," he said. "I am glad that NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country."
WOW

New York, NY

#919617 Jun 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Educated Black Woman Says ET Is a Disgrace to Blacks, Obama is not a Disgrace, Jesse Jackson Is Not A Disgrace, Al Sharpton Is Not A Disgrace, Black on Black Crime Is Okay, There are some dumb Negros out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
It's the culture..
Thats how the obama supporter thinks not BLACKS
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919618 Jun 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Just which one of your Constitutional rights is being denied, Batty? You've obviously made the most of your right to remain stupid.
As to your beliefs, they are rather like your knowledge: non-existent and incorrect. IMHO, you have neither honor, patriotism, compassion, nor "walkin' around sense."
Why Is Obama Considered Black When His Mother Is White, Jim Crow Must Still Be In America, Please give me a GOOD reason why the child must be considered Black

&NR =1&feature=endscreen

It's the culture...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#919619 Jun 6, 2013
Now we know who runs the WHÖ President- VALERIE JARRETT: Holder stays!!
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919620 Jun 6, 2013
In his own words,..

Vice President Joe Biden I am a Zionist!
Watch @:

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919621 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
5 ways Obama is just like George W. Bush
From drone strikes to proxy detentions to warrantless wiretapping, he's kept the U.S. on permanent war footing
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/09/5_ways_obama_...
B
You should have added 100 ways (or more) how Obama is not like Bush. "President Obama and President Bush should never be compared to one another. Ever. These men couldnít be more different when it comes to policy, personality, and decision-making. In fact, let us count the 100 different ways in which the two men governed; differences that will remind us all why we should be glad that Bush is not still in the White House."

1. Bush started the war in Iraq and Obama ended it.

2. Bush lowered taxes on the wealthy and Obama raised taxes on the wealthy.

3. Bush tried to give Social Security to Wall Street and Obama protected it.

4. Bush left office with a $1 trillion deficit and Obama has lowered it.

5. President Bush ignored the War in Afghanistan and Obama made it his focus.

6. Bush didnít kill Osama Bin Laden; Obama did.

7. Bush sanctioned torture and Obama ended torture.

8. Bush opened the Gitmo prison and Obama is trying to close it.

9. Bush instituted the failed No Child Left Behind education program and Obama ended it.

10. Bush relied on military force while Obama has relied on diplomacy.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/12/100-d...
And most important I think of all--Bush asked for more Presidential power and obstructed Congress active role in oversight and transparency and Obama has called for more Congress oversight and restrictions on his own Presidential powers to wage war .

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#919622 Jun 6, 2013
AMAC the conservative answer to AARP
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919623 Jun 6, 2013
Can you connect the dots?

Netanyahu warmongered about Iraq's non-existent WMD before 1998
Watch @:


Netanyahu was wrong about Iraq having nuclear weapons(2002)
Watch @: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919624 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I understand you are a liberal so I will type this real s-l-o-w. There is a difference between somebody or a corporation keeping more of the money they earn and the government simply giving someone or a corporation money. That saying, I say cut it all. Every damn one of them. Nothing for anybody. Here is my way.
$0.20 sales tax total.$0.12 local.$0.05 state.$0.03 federal. That's it!!! No other taxes period. NONE!!! If you cant run the government with the money you get cut the government till you can.
You'd be the first one in line crying if we imposed your taxes and no government policy .
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919625 Jun 6, 2013
More "dots" to connect.

Ron paul predicted 9/11 IN 1998!
Watch @:

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#919626 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you wingnuts get so worked up about Obama doing the same stuff Bush did?
Because it isn't.
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919627 Jun 6, 2013
Another "dot".

Israel Lobbyist in US: We Need a False Flag to Start War with Iran
Watch @:
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919628 Jun 6, 2013
Video Israel Doesn't Want You to See
Watch @:
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919629 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You'd be the first one in line crying if we imposed your taxes and no government policy .
What Is Wrong With White People, How can whites support Obama, White Christians are being persecuted by Obama, Obama hates White Christians, The Black Panthers are racist, Obama hates the white Founding Fathers, Why can't whites have Obama, Bill Clinton was the first Black President, wake up damit



It's the culture...
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919630 Jun 6, 2013
Video Israel Doesn't Want You to See 2
Watch @: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#919631 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
She is definitely part of Obama's "blame America" inner circle and some people think she is very bad news, but I could not find anything about her other than her activism for human rights against genocide.
So I just don't know enough about her to make an accurate judgment.
What I am concerned about is Susan Rice being the National Security advisor. Obama seems oblivious to the perceptions Americans have of her lying about Benghazi and the ensuing coverup. Either that, or he is so disconnected, he thinks he is above it all and this is just another "in your face" tactic.
He put Susan Rice there because it is now very hard to interrogate her in her new found position. It will be very difficult to get Susan Rice to answer anything on Benghazi. She was given the position to allow her to keep her mouth shut, regardless what the American people want.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#919632 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congressional Budget Office reported Tuesday that the federal budget deficit is declining this year compared to fiscal 2012.
For the first seven months of 2013, the deficit was $489 billion. That is $231 billion less than the budget shortfall for the comparable period last year.
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
"sonic"
You parroted what I posted. The deficit is not declining. The deficit continues to grow, albeit at a slower rate.
Peace
KMA
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919633 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You should have added 100 ways (or more) how Obama is not like Bush. "President Obama and President Bush should never be compared to one another. Ever. These men couldnít be more different when it comes to policy, personality, and decision-making. In fact, let us count the 100 different ways in which the two men governed; differences that will remind us all why we should be glad that Bush is not still in the White House."
1. Bush started the war in Iraq and Obama ended it.
2. Bush lowered taxes on the wealthy and Obama raised taxes on the wealthy.
3. Bush tried to give Social Security to Wall Street and Obama protected it.
4. Bush left office with a $1 trillion deficit and Obama has lowered it.
5. President Bush ignored the War in Afghanistan and Obama made it his focus.
6. Bush didnít kill Osama Bin Laden; Obama did.
7. Bush sanctioned torture and Obama ended torture.
8. Bush opened the Gitmo prison and Obama is trying to close it.
9. Bush instituted the failed No Child Left Behind education program and Obama ended it.
10. Bush relied on military force while Obama has relied on diplomacy.
Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/12/100-d...
And most important I think of all--Bush asked for more Presidential power and obstructed Congress active role in oversight and transparency and Obama has called for more Congress oversight and restrictions on his own Presidential powers to wage war .
Does Obama Want A Civil War To Break Out, Obama is a Globalist, They are warring against God, They Need your Guns, Obama has a litmus test, Obama wants the country destroyed, 1776



It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#919634 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No no no no no no no, Fox News is reporting -
'The Obama administration has been collecting the phone records of millions of U.S. customers of Verizon under a top secret court order, according to a British newspaper report which raised new and troubling privacy questions'
of course buried within their story -
'Neither Fox News nor the Associated Press could not authenticate the report as of early Thursday.'
But that doesn't matter, prepare for the onslaught from the Foxwingbots*.
*I may have just coined this, if so I want full credit whenever it is used.
Diane Fake Jew Feinstein confirmed it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#919635 Jun 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday that he was "glad" the National Security Agency is collecting the phone records of Verizon Communications customers,
The Washington Times reported.
Speaking on Fox News, Graham explained that he was a Verizon customer and was happy to have his service provider handing over phone records to the government in an effort to track suspected terrorists.
"I'm a Verizon customer," Graham said. "I don't mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States."
Graham clarified that under the law, "you just can't track people's phone calls," and said there must be a reasonable belief that the people being surveilled are involved in terrorism.
"I donít think you're talking to the terrorists. I know you're not. I know I'm not, so we don't have anything to worry about," he said. "I am glad that NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country."
Graham clarified that under the law, "you just can't track people's phone calls," and said there must be a reasonable belief that the people being surveilled are involved in terrorism.

Do you UNDERSTAND now, after the clarification, that wholesale tracking of everyone is not what the LAW states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 3 min LuvHardCock 207
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 10 min WOWsomeStory 2
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 13 min ShootDaBitch 25
Spanx-they're for me. 26 min Fuegelgas pump 1
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr Genl Forrest 17
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,547
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 241,653

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages