Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#918943 Jun 5, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a foreign policy expert. I rest my case there. If you looked objectively at Susan Rice's job resume then she is eminently qualified to fill the position of NSC adviser Tom Donilon. On opposite sides of the political spectrum Madeline Albright and Jesse Helms would agree. "Susan Elizabeth Rice (born November 17, 1964) is an American diplomat, former Brookings Institution fellow, the current United States Ambassador to the United Nations, and the National Security Adviser-designate. Rice served on the staff of the National Security Council and as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs during President Bill Clinton's second term. Rice was confirmed as UN ambassador by the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent on January 22, 2009. "... "Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, a longtime mentor and family friend to Rice, urged Clinton to appoint Rice as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs in 1997.[5] Rice was not the first choice of Congressional Black Caucus leaders, who considered Rice a member of "Washington's assimilationist black elite."[5] At a confirmation hearing chaired by Senator Jesse Helms, Rice, who attended the hearing along with her infant son, whom she was then nursing, made a great impression on senators from both parties and "sailed through the confirmation process."[5]" Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rice
Galt in funny in his inconsistencies ...he aspires to be Carol but misses that mark.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918944 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I somewhat agree with you. Although I'm not sure about republicans padding their pockets. It would seem to me that would be a bipartisan thing. Everybody wants their hand in free money. Using an EBT card to save printing the stamps is a good thing. However I think it should make people uncomfortable to be seen using one. It will give them an incentive to get off of them. Hell I say have a special line for EBT only. The catch being the computer registers on the other lanes be programed not to except them. I like that idea! Give them their own lane.
What's next have them wear a star on their clothes like the Nazis did with the Jews? You people are fcked up.
Lincoln

United States

#918945 Jun 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is a major disaster, but we need to focus on the real problems of Obamacare and not on this unrelated event.
Will this affect your homeland?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#918946 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorist at Fort Hood has been granted permission to represent himself in court and can question the victims himself.
He's also getting paid to do it.
It's going to be a spectacle for the Al Jazeera network.
America truly lost its way electing those who now sit in power.
Complacency will be our undoing.
The best part of that wnole deal is he is going to stand before the court, the country, and the world and boost about doing it for Allah, the jihad, and Islam. It's going to blow Obama's 'workplace violence' sheep dip out of the water.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918947 Jun 5, 2013
People who aren't interrogated gestapo-style or have their names and addresses posted because of their political beliefs and who aren't treated like they're on the government's "enemy's list" are, in fact, "useful idiots".

Otherwise, who in their right mind in a country that was once proudly hailed as the land of the free not see this is illegal, un-American and a dangerous abuse of power which will only get worse if the complacency we see on here spreads?

I'm seriously very concerned. Our freedoms that once defined us is on the chopping block.

And some on here are the few of many others holding the cleaver.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918948 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well lets see. Out of a 365 day year Saturday and Sunday take up 104 days. That brings it down to 261 days. The federal government takes off what 50 days a year for holidays (a guess). That brings it down to 211 days. A minimum of two weeks vacation brings it down to 201. Oh the logs they are specifically referring to are after the 2010 mid-terms when the democrats got their butts handed to them. So that would be 2011-2012. So 201 times two is 402. 3 times 161 is 483. Yeah right!!!
That would be correct except he only visited 11 times. So do the math on that ya stupid fck.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918949 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What's next have them wear a star on their clothes like the Nazis did with the Jews? You people are fcked up.
No I want them to do that? Personally I think giving them there own check out line would solve a lot of problems.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918950 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorist at Fort Hood has been granted permission to represent himself in court and can question the victims himself.
He's also getting paid to do it.
It's going to be a spectacle for the Al Jazeera network.
America truly lost its way electing those who now sit in power.
Complacency will be our undoing.
Isn't he an American citizen? Have you all heard of this thing call the U.S. Constitution? Go read up on the 6th Amendment.

The Right To Be Your Own Lawyer

The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees certain rights for someone accused of a crime:
•a speedy and public trial
•a trial by jury
•complete notice of the accusation
•confrontation of witnesses
•calling witnesses on one's behalf
•assistance of counsel
•self-representation

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918951 Jun 5, 2013
Stupid PC. That should say " No, why would I want them to do that?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918952 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That would be correct except he only visited 11 times. So do the math on that ya stupid fck.
Homer believes everything Obama says, never doubting, never questioning, a true cult devotee.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918953 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I want them to do that? Personally I think giving them there own check out line would solve a lot of problems.
That's just dumb. Why are you people so obsessed with poor folk?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918954 Jun 5, 2013
Besides why reward poor people with their own checkout line? Make them wait in line with the rest of us. Why don't rightwingers ever think anything through?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918955 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That would be correct except he only visited 11 times. So do the math on that ya stupid fck.
Hey Homer!!! How's the DOW doing now that the fed has said it's going to stop printing? Stupid fck, indeed!!!!

Orlando, FL

#918956 Jun 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now its Clinton's fault? But Republicans controlled Congress for 6 of 8 Clinton years.
You just told me it was the Democrats fault because they took over Congress so why aren't you blaming the Republican Congress under Clinton?
Oh, it goes back much further than that and is much worse than you even imagine apparently.

The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 was strengthened during the Clinton administration as a federal law that MANDATED lenders to offer credit for the entire market and discouraged restricting credit services - known as redlining. In other words, it encouraged banks to make loans to riskier customers.

President Clinton put the Community Redevelopment Act on steroids.

Bush wanted to offer "qualified buyers" with help with a down payment. Pennies compared to the overbloated stickers on homes during the housing balloon.

Which is largely to blame because the balloon eventually popped.

Unqualified buyers in overpriced homes were screwed.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918957 Jun 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer believes everything Obama says, never doubting, never questioning, a true cult devotee.
Where are they getting the 157 or 160 number of visits from? Tell me that, make your case.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918958 Jun 5, 2013
Oops!!! Under 15,000. Better hope the jobs report on Friday is spectacular!!!

Orlando, FL

#918959 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't he an American citizen? Have you all heard of this thing call the U.S. Constitution? Go read up on the 6th Amendment.
The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees certain rights for someone accused of a crime:
•a trial by jury
•assistance of counsel
•self-representation
He shot and killed our own soldiers after screaming a jihadist death cry.

He has rights you think?

And should cross-examine the victims himself you think?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918960 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't he an American citizen? Have you all heard of this thing call the U.S. Constitution? Go read up on the 6th Amendment.
•a trial by jury
•assistance of counsel
•self-representation
Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

That said, military courts operate under different rules than civilian courts. The accused has no right to use the court as a propaganda platform. Judges in both civilian and military courts have fairly wide latitude to exclude irrelevant testimony. They also have the right to terminate self-representation if necessary to assure a fair trial. This court has been far too tolerant of the unreasonable demands of the terrorist.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918961 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
He shot and killed our own soldiers after screaming a jihadist death cry.
He has rights you think?
And should cross-examine the victims himself you think?
Take it up with the Constitution.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918962 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Homer!!! How's the DOW doing now that the fed has said it's going to stop printing? Stupid fck, indeed!!!!
Let me know when it hits 6,500 like at the end of the Bush reign of error/terror. Then we'll talk, stupid fck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 1-29 19 min RACE 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques Ottawa 183,873
Amy 1-29 22 min Mister Tonka 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min Sublime1 98,989
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min IB DaMann 50,428
Abby 1-28 35 min PEllen 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Red_Forman 5,374
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM