Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497487 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#919517 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting, most decent people are offended by jokes about murdered people.
Homer now taking the libtard kool aid by IV in both arms and his feet.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#919518 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> This is the same lie that Mitt Romney tried to pull over the American people. Actually, Obamacare provides tax credits and incentives to small businesses to establish employer coverage .
Can you SHOW me where?

Didn't THINK so ...

BET you haven't READ it ...

I have!

Wouldn't do YOU any good to, tho.
You would NOT understand the "context" ...
Like the REST of your ILK on these libTARDED boards!

Lazy people online ...
with their obamaphone ...

Woot woot ...

By golly WE got online NOW ...
WE can "go to town" ...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#919519 Jun 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid than any poor people will receive medical care.
You must hate the American People.
Another post to weaken your own country.
They receive medical care now.
WOW

New York, NY

#919520 Jun 6, 2013
"Obama's Appointments Aren't In America's Best Interests""The appointment of Susan Rice as National Security Advisor and the nomination of Samantha Power as Ambassador to the U.N. are part of President Barack Obama's endless quest to push his left-wing ideology, says media and political strategist Ron Christie.'[It's] in your face, but most importantly not in the best interests of the United States the new Donald Rumsfeld
are you stupid or joking

Coffeyville, KS

#919521 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Take it up with Fox, according to Fox -
'Neither Fox News nor the Associated Press could not authenticate the report as of early Thursday.'
What do you want from me? I didn't write that, note the ''
move the rock! It has been all over the news, MSM included all morning. Hell even MSNBC had quit a discussion about it this morning on Morning Joe. Don't know where you get your "news" from but it does explain your lack of knowledge of a little thing called "reality". Geesh, can you get less aware?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#919522 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Latest figures say U.S. deficit declining, economy improving
http://www.pri.org/stories/politics-society/g...
for some reason all the polls indicate that Americans are much more concerned about that then they are the FOX generated faux scandals.
but since only 3 million 'Americans' watch FOX, what do you expect?
"sonic"
A little fibbing on your part. The deficit is not declining, it is growing, growing at a rate lower then predicted, but the deficit is still growing.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#919523 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Actually if you pay attention and read what I posted she spanked Fox News and the AP
Wrong. You said fox was reporting. She put you over her knee and spanked you for that lie.
proudredneck

Peoria, AZ

#919524 Jun 6, 2013
Take a long hard look at Chicago...Detroit...Newark...L .A....Philly...and EVERY liberal state/city...everyone of them is a TOTAL FAILURE !...Liberalism is a cancer that needs to be excised...before it kills America.
WOW

New York, NY

#919525 Jun 6, 2013
Will his agenda help Given his calculated fanaticism, Obama is just the type to deploy the heartless bureaucratic, police, and military forces of government against citizens whose only crime is to exercise the rights that are their birthright, under God and the Constitution. Today, public attention focuses on the IRS, abused to attack the resources and curtail the political activity of those who oppose the design for despotism. Soon and very soon, it will be the IRS and the police, abused to attack free speech and the free exercise of religion. Then it will be Homeland Security and local police forces, under the guise of anti-terrorist martial law, abused to arrest and detain evangelical Christians, Catholics, homeschoolers, and those who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Then it will be Obama's fondly imagined domestic army, as large and well-funded as the military, moving against states whose officials refuse to acquiesce in the unconstitutional abridgment of the residual sovereign rights guaranteed to the states, respectively, and to the people, by the U.S. Constitution's 10th Amendment."

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#919526 Jun 6, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>with most of the MS Media on the side of progressives and/or being card carrying liberals, information regarding any Republican candidate will be taken out of context, only promoted when it is negative and downplayed if it is positive.
Is that why Rethugs listen to FauxNews and other Murdoch owned sources? Because it promotes only the negatives regarding Democrats and downplays anything positive? That explains why you people have such closed minds and tunnel vision.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919527 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not have agreed with Bush's policies to protect all Americans from our mutual enemy. But at least he didn't divide this country to the point where you were considered the enemy.
I am now the enemy, Homer.
That is a very dangerous place to be in a free country when those in power use powerful agencies to punish the opposition.
Bush would have never dreamed of doing such a thing. Big organizations are always audited under any administration. There were 3, I believe, under the Bush administration.
Clinton not only went after big organizations but specific individuals. O'Reilly was audited 3 times during the Clinton administration. He is just one example.
This administration has crossed the line. We are in unchartered waters and the Constitution, it seems, no longer protects all of us.
You should tell that to Cindy Sheehan. "Bush lived in a world of black and white. He said that it was because of his deep moral beliefs -- and perhaps it was. It is hard to gainsay the fact that Saddam Hussein was "evil," although for many years he wasn't so evil that America declined to side with him against Iran.

But knowing Bush as I do -- I covered him from 1994 to 2008 for Newsweek -- I can say that there was another reason for his Manichean view: It was easier for him to deal with. It gave him further reason to offload key decisions to the men around him, to men he didn't really know and whose motives he never really quite understood."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/bush...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#919528 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just type in her name.
darol I was busy when I typed this and now realize it was not the answer you needed. I will try in the morning to find some site for you to look at. Sorry.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919529 Jun 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
A little fibbing on your part. The deficit is not declining, it is growing, growing at a rate lower then predicted, but the deficit is still growing.
Peace
KMA
you don't cite a source, and i'm fibbing?

KMA

Spokane, WA

#919530 Jun 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The existing protocol that you are having a fit about was set in 2004 by a panel of doctors. This totally makes your previous post and the above post a joke.
Try to become better informed in the future to save yourself from further embarrassment.
There is NOTHING in Obamacare that has a panel deciding which patients get treatment.
"real dumb"
A fit? No. Just curious as to why we have laws that exclude certain individuals from needed medical care. To me a 10 year old little girls has as much right to a new lung(s) as anyone else. To you the little girl is just a statistic, her life not worth discussing.
I do have a question for you. nobamakare is just being put into effect, there are more than 25,000 pages of rules and regulation. You are familiar with all those rules and regulations?
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#919531 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
Armed with this NSA data and IRS info, time to fire up all theses drones.
What? I can't feed the flames of rightwing paranoia?
The chick from code pink that heckled obama wrote a book about the evils of drones. Hardly rightwing.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919532 Jun 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you SHOW me where?
Didn't THINK so ...
BET you haven't READ it ...
I have!
If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you where to find the small business tax credit provisions? I'll assume on solid ground that you have not read ACA. Here is the tax credit provision in ACA(Obamacare)[Small Business Health Care Tax Credit

This new credit helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations afford the cost of covering their employees and is specifically targeted for those with low- and moderate-income workers. The credit is designed to encourage small employers to offer health insurance coverage for the first time or maintain coverage they already have. In general, the credit is available to small employers that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees. Learn more by browsing our page on the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers and our news release.] Check this out: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Ta...
WOW

New York, NY

#919533 Jun 6, 2013
Crystal Wright: "President Obama Got 'Black' At Morehouse But Didn’t Speak The Truth"

"Rather than asking the Morehouse graduates to 'set an example' numerous times throughout his speech, Obama should have set an example himself and talked about how Black America is failing itself. He should have pointed out to these young men that the catastrophic problem facing blacks is our rejection of marriage. Obama should have warned graduates 73% of black babies are born out of wedlock compared to 40% of whites and this is the direct cause of higher incarceration rates, lower high school graduation rates and the economic decline of blacks. He also should have mentioned the staggering statistic that 44,038 black children have been killed by guns since 1979, which is about 13 times more than blacks lynched over 86 years from 1882 to 1968, according to a Children’s Defense Fund report."

More: "Moreover, Obama also should have told the young black men, looking up to him as an example of success, that the only way blacks can truly help each other is by helping themselves first. Instead we heard Obama invoke the same, old broken record blacks must be the caretakers of other blacks.'If you know someone who isn’t on point, go back and bring that brother along.'"

Ms. Wright continues her commentary about the president's speech: "Why are blacks the only race constantly telling blacks they have an obligation to help each other along. No, blacks have an obligation to first help themselves along like any other race. Giving back should be something we all do but Democrats’ message to black America always seems to be someone will be there to help you along, peers or the government. I’m glad Obama connected with his blackness [for once] at Morehouse but he wasn’t honest in his speech. If Obama had been, it would have been an admission to the young black males at Morehouse that liberal policies have and are utterly failing black America."

Spokane, WA

#919534 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
You cannot make this stuff up -
Rodericks' contract says he can "occupy the town-owned house at 160 Watkins Avenue, Atherton, California" free of charge as long as the city employs him. Almost free. He would have to pay for utilities. But the town would pay the gardener.
Despite having what could be considered a fruitful arrangement, Rodericks is not a resident yet.
In a report to City Council, he said he can't relocate to the Watkins house due to some "challenges beyond his control."
"challenges beyond his control."
Must be a black family living nearby.
"homo"
Way to go. A little racism on your part. No surprize.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#919535 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not have agreed with Bush's policies to protect all Americans from our mutual enemy. But at least he didn't divide this country to the point where you were considered the enemy.
I am now the enemy, Homer.
That is a very dangerous place to be in a free country when those in power use powerful agencies to punish the opposition.
Bush would have never dreamed of doing such a thing. Big organizations are always audited under any administration. There were 3, I believe, under the Bush administration.
Clinton not only went after big organizations but specific individuals. O'Reilly was audited 3 times during the Clinton administration. He is just one example.
This administration has crossed the line. We are in unchartered waters and the Constitution, it seems, no longer protects all of us.
"I am now the enemy Homer" OMG, my ribs are hurting from laughter.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#919536 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you where to find the small business tax credit provisions? I'll assume on solid ground that you have not read ACA. Here is the tax credit provision in ACA(Obamacare)[Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
This new credit helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations afford the cost of covering their employees and is specifically targeted for those with low- and moderate-income workers. The credit is designed to encourage small employers to offer health insurance coverage for the first time or maintain coverage they already have. In general, the credit is available to small employers that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees. Learn more by browsing our page on the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers and our news release.] Check this out: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Ta...
If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you ...

YOU said it ...
YOU provide the LINK ...
ya "dumchit"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Dr Guru 237,349
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 46 min Susanm 10,341
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr USA-1 63,272
The Mexicans stay home 3 hr blue devil 25
News Sleep In to Benefit 13 Youth Homeless Agencies ... 3 hr Trump is the man 1
Study Aides 3 hr Chicago815 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 104,990

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages