Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1550336 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919532 Jun 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you SHOW me where?
Didn't THINK so ...
BET you haven't READ it ...
I have!
If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you where to find the small business tax credit provisions? I'll assume on solid ground that you have not read ACA. Here is the tax credit provision in ACA(Obamacare)[Small Business Health Care Tax Credit

This new credit helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations afford the cost of covering their employees and is specifically targeted for those with low- and moderate-income workers. The credit is designed to encourage small employers to offer health insurance coverage for the first time or maintain coverage they already have. In general, the credit is available to small employers that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees. Learn more by browsing our page on the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers and our news release.] Check this out: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Ta...
WOW

New York, NY

#919533 Jun 6, 2013
Crystal Wright: "President Obama Got 'Black' At Morehouse But Didnít Speak The Truth"

"Rather than asking the Morehouse graduates to 'set an example' numerous times throughout his speech, Obama should have set an example himself and talked about how Black America is failing itself. He should have pointed out to these young men that the catastrophic problem facing blacks is our rejection of marriage. Obama should have warned graduates 73% of black babies are born out of wedlock compared to 40% of whites and this is the direct cause of higher incarceration rates, lower high school graduation rates and the economic decline of blacks. He also should have mentioned the staggering statistic that 44,038 black children have been killed by guns since 1979, which is about 13 times more than blacks lynched over 86 years from 1882 to 1968, according to a Childrenís Defense Fund report."

More: "Moreover, Obama also should have told the young black men, looking up to him as an example of success, that the only way blacks can truly help each other is by helping themselves first. Instead we heard Obama invoke the same, old broken record blacks must be the caretakers of other blacks.'If you know someone who isnít on point, go back and bring that brother along.'"

Ms. Wright continues her commentary about the president's speech: "Why are blacks the only race constantly telling blacks they have an obligation to help each other along. No, blacks have an obligation to first help themselves along like any other race. Giving back should be something we all do but Democratsí message to black America always seems to be someone will be there to help you along, peers or the government. Iím glad Obama connected with his blackness [for once] at Morehouse but he wasnít honest in his speech. If Obama had been, it would have been an admission to the young black males at Morehouse that liberal policies have and are utterly failing black America."

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#919534 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
You cannot make this stuff up -
Rodericks' contract says he can "occupy the town-owned house at 160 Watkins Avenue, Atherton, California" free of charge as long as the city employs him. Almost free. He would have to pay for utilities. But the town would pay the gardener.
Despite having what could be considered a fruitful arrangement, Rodericks is not a resident yet.
In a report to City Council, he said he can't relocate to the Watkins house due to some "challenges beyond his control."
"challenges beyond his control."
Must be a black family living nearby.
"homo"
Way to go. A little racism on your part. No surprize.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#919535 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not have agreed with Bush's policies to protect all Americans from our mutual enemy. But at least he didn't divide this country to the point where you were considered the enemy.
I am now the enemy, Homer.
That is a very dangerous place to be in a free country when those in power use powerful agencies to punish the opposition.
Bush would have never dreamed of doing such a thing. Big organizations are always audited under any administration. There were 3, I believe, under the Bush administration.
Clinton not only went after big organizations but specific individuals. O'Reilly was audited 3 times during the Clinton administration. He is just one example.
This administration has crossed the line. We are in unchartered waters and the Constitution, it seems, no longer protects all of us.
"I am now the enemy Homer" OMG, my ribs are hurting from laughter.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#919536 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you where to find the small business tax credit provisions? I'll assume on solid ground that you have not read ACA. Here is the tax credit provision in ACA(Obamacare)[Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
This new credit helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations afford the cost of covering their employees and is specifically targeted for those with low- and moderate-income workers. The credit is designed to encourage small employers to offer health insurance coverage for the first time or maintain coverage they already have. In general, the credit is available to small employers that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees. Learn more by browsing our page on the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers and our news release.] Check this out: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Ta...
If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you ...

YOU said it ...
YOU provide the LINK ...
ya "dumchit"
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#919537 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't cite a source, and i'm fibbing?
KMA
The news about the shrinking deficit came Tuesday, when the Congressional Budget Office slashed its deficit forecast for 2013, projecting it will be equivalent to 4 percent of America's economic output, less than half its 2009 level, and will drop to 2.1 percent, based on current projections, by 2015.

But the report said the deficit would start widening again in 2016 and continue on an upward path with "serious negative consequences" on the economy, increasing "the risk of a fiscal crisis."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100749495
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#919538 Jun 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You said fox was reporting. She put you over her knee and spanked you for that lie.
Ugh, you people cannot be this stupid. No offense. I was referring to this -

'Neither Fox News nor the Associated Press could not authenticate the report as of early Thursday.'

As note by Fox News in the story posted by Fox News on the Fox News website.

Again, take it up with them or join Carol and keep twisting sh!t around.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#919539 Jun 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG.
As usual.
It can't be possible that there are two people this stupid, from the same town.

Spokane, WA

#919540 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Who is Paris Jackson?
"flack"
Who gives a shit?
Peace

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#919541 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you've read ACA then why do I have to show you where to find the small business tax credit provisions? I'll assume on solid ground that you have not read ACA. Here is the tax credit provision in ACA(Obamacare)[Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
You do realize the 'tax credit' goes to the insurance company and not the employer/employee? So the federal government is going to be paying part of almost every bodies health insurance costs? Except for those who can already pay for it anyway. Yeah, this is going to turn out great!!!!!!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#919542 Jun 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The chick from code pink that heckled obama wrote a book about the evils of drones. Hardly rightwing.
Calm down, just say you didn't think it was funny. You do realize I was being funny, don't you? Wait you really think Obama is going to use drones...
WOW

New York, NY

#919543 Jun 6, 2013
What did Bill Clinton do for blacks besides blow a sax on arsenio and get his sax blown in the whitehouse why are we voting for hillary for what
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#919544 Jun 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am now the enemy Homer" OMG, my ribs are hurting from laughter.
Yeah, that one was way out there even for Carol.

Spokane, WA

#919545 Jun 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Bush allow the Saudis in Sarasota to leave just before 9/11?
"silly"
Why did clinton not take bin Laden into custody when he had 3 opportunities?
Peace
KMA
WOW

New York, NY

#919546 Jun 6, 2013
Until the GANGS in the BLACK community are decleared domestic terrorist by the OBAMA laws will some people understand the depth of our GOVERNMENT republican and democrat

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#919547 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake, Lincoln. Time to break that broken record.
The costs of health care is simply too high. There are very easy and practical solutions to make health care more affordable for everyone. The truly needy will always have access to health care and we will always pay for it. We'd just like to pay a lot less if it's alright with you.
By the way, more people will be uninsured by 2020 under Obamacare.
The costs IS"??? Tell us some more about your education, Batty Loo...did your thirty-year-old (or twenty-four-year-old if you want to claim a typo confusing a one with a nine) daughter. Did you forget to have here graduating at an appropriate and about time? Did you forget her altogether? Also, Bats, alright is always all wrong...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#919548 Jun 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Who gives a shit?
Peace
Not me Easy! I thought it might have been one of them skinny mag models who ate a cracker and got scared they were going to have to take a crap!!!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#919549 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> darol I was busy when I typed this and now realize it was not the answer you needed. I will try in the morning to find some site for you to look at. Sorry.
Thanks.
youtube

AOL

#919550 Jun 6, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#919551 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down, just say you didn't think it was funny. You do realize I was being funny, don't you? Wait you really think Obama is going to use drones...
A new NOAA drone to hopefully be deployed this year is a tiny (12") flying drone that will be released into a hurricane from above at up to a hundred at a time. Being small and compact greatly lowers the chance for damage. A homing device built in will allow most to be collected and reused.

Sort of like those things in 'Twister' but these actually fly a programed flight path.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min NotSoDivineMsM 241,705
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min They cannot kill ... 10,873
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 1 hr patosm 216
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr NewsEveryDay 22
Laughing my Ossoff 1 hr Little ol me 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Common Sense 63,861
Julieanne Zenz 6 hr Julieanne Zenz 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages