Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508947 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#919369 Jun 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, "federal government" includes the uncompromising, obstructionist Republican members of Congress.
This is one time you can't blame Republicans. These scandals fall directly at the president's doorstep.

He put his election over being truthful about a 9/11 attack.

He made it clear it's okay to punish his enemies.

The buck stops here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919370 Jun 6, 2013
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Thursday that he is "glad" a major phone provider is turning over call logs from millions of Americans to the National Security Agency, in accordance to a classified order earlier this year.

In an appearance on "Fox and Friends," Graham said that he is a Verizon customer and does not take issue with the service turning over records to the federal government if that information is used to track known terrorists.

Graham pointed to radical Islam and homegrown terrorism as major concerns: "It's happening in our own backyard and I'm glad the NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country," he said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...

same thing he said when Bush was in office.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919371 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we're still waiting on Bush to admit he lied about Iraq.
so don't hold your breath.
If only Clinton hadn't signed the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 and every single democrat said Saddam was an imminent threat and had to be removed...

Iraq war John Kerry: I voted for the war before I was against it...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919372 Jun 6, 2013

....the administration has said repeatedly since the program was disclosed in December that it considers further legislation unnecessary, believing that the president already has the legal authority to authorize the operation.

Vice President Dick Cheney reasserted that position Tuesday in an interview on "The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer."

Members of Congress "have the right and the responsibility to suggest whatever they want to suggest" about changing wiretap law, Mr. Cheney said. But "we have all the legal authority we need" already, he said, and a public debate over changes in the law could alert Al Qaeda to tactics used by American intelligence officials.

"It's important for us, if we're going to proceed legislatively, to keep in mind there's a price to be paid for that, and it might well in fact do irreparable damage to our capacity to collect information," Mr. Cheney said.

The administration, backed by Republican leaders in both houses, has also resisted calls for inquiries by either Congress or an independent investigator.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/politics/08...

Orlando, FL

#919373 Jun 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>We're just lucky it wasn't Romney and Ryan. Things would have been much, much worse!
You bet on a lame horse over what might have been the winner of the race.

We'll never know...thanks to you.

The lame horse is still stuck on the track.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#919374 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This president has bended his oath of office to the breaking point. He has neither protected nor defended the Constitution of the United States.
"bended" to the breaking point??? Oh, Batty Loo, you're such an illiterate liar. I feel much better with Obama in charge than I ever did with Dumbya. Now, if the Grumpy Old Pricks currently in office would just get on with their overdue dirt naps, maybe we could really get something done. BTW, are you still supporting Orally's description of the Oval Office in "Killing Lincoln"?

Orlando, FL

#919375 Jun 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rice's new job is her reward for being a loyal soldier who lied about Benghazi to protect Obama.
Or perhaps a bribe to assure that she maintains her silence.
"Reward our friends. Punish our enemies."

He's just doing what he promised.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919376 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one time you can't blame Republicans. These scandals fall directly at the president's doorstep.
The buck stops here.
they can't be scandals when the last admin got a pass on every scandal that relates.

i guess you conservatives drank a hell of a lot of Bush kool-aid, eh?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#919377 Jun 6, 2013
You can trust me!

I'm not a crook!

Current/latest scandal:

"Obama administration defends collecting phone records from Verizon customers"

"
6, 2013

The Obama administration this morning acknowledged that it is collecting a massive amount of phone records from at least one carrier, reopening the debate over privacy even as it defended the practice as necessary to protect Americans against attack.

The admission comes after the Guardian newspaper published Wednesday a secret court order related to the records of millions of Verizon Communications customers."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-verizo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#919378 Jun 6, 2013
ATHERTON, CALIFORNIA (KPIX 5)– A community on the Peninsula may take the unprecedented action of slapping a lien against two homeowners who hosted an April fundraiser for President Barack Obama that cost the town $8,000 in security and cleanup costs.

The Town of Atherton has been unable to recoup the money from the Democratic National Committee or Secret Service.

“If the town incurs a cost that rightly should belong to somebody else, we’re going to pursue that,” Atherton Town Manager George Rodericks told KPIX 5.

The town sent invoices to the White House, Democratic National Committee, the Secret Service and two people who own the homes where Mr. Obama raised more than $3 million for Democrats. So far, the town has not received a cent.

“If we were to hold, say, a wedding here, and have to close off streets, we would expect the people that were hosting the wedding to pay it and I think the taxpayers would also ask for that,” Councilman Bill Widmer said.

Widmer and Rodericks want the homeowners who held the fundraisers to reimburse Atherton for the cost of security, road blocks, traffic control and cleanup.

Or else, Rodericks, said,“We could follow a lien process of some kind, hold a public hearing, invite them to come, process it as a lien against their property and collect it via the property tax.”
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919379 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Thursday that he is "glad" a major phone provider is turning over call logs from millions of Americans to the National Security Agency, in accordance to a classified order earlier this year.
In an appearance on "Fox and Friends," Graham said that he is a Verizon customer and does not take issue with the service turning over records to the federal government if that information is used to track known terrorists.
Graham pointed to radical Islam and homegrown terrorism as major concerns: "It's happening in our own backyard and I'm glad the NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country," he said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...
same thing he said when Bush was in office.
You idiot still breastfeeding on Bush, sucking Dick Cheney while the country slides into an abyss and goes to hell. LMFAO...

We consider this a wonderful teaching opportunity to remind people that the IRS is the gestapo enforcement agency of Obamacare..

It's the culture...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#919380 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The buck stops here.
The republicans were in the forefront in a frenzy calling for a larger , more activist Big Government national security state after the 9/11/2001 terrorist attacks and now you are complaining that the Government was ever given those extra-ordinary powers on surveillance and national security over you? Why are you not agreeing with President Obama in asking Congress to repeal AUMF and take back the powers that they gave to the President to face the international terrorist threat?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919381 Jun 6, 2013
The Right's Scandal Hypocrisy

How can people who just a few years ago were defending executive privilege suddenly become such ferocious advocates of presidential transparency?

It’s pretty rich, isn’t it, to see conservatives, not so long ago such ferocious guardians of presidential prerogative, suddenly acting as if they’d all interned at Common Cause when they were in college and thumping their chests about presidential transparency? I bet we could count on one hand—or more likely, on no hands—the number of conservative commentators who were insisting that the Bush White House should come clean about what Scooter Libby did in relation to the Valerie Plame matter. But now, suddenly, Barack Obama must come clean on all particulars, or he’s, you guessed it, the dreaded Nixon! Of course, Nixon wasn’t always the dreaded Nixon, because to the conservatives of the early 1970s who agreed 110 percent with Tricky Dick’s claims of executive privilege, he was the heroic, stalwart Nixon. It’s only when a Democrat is in, apparently, that democracy itself is on the line.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05...

easy enough to see why FOX keeps failing.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#919382 Jun 6, 2013
I am not a crook!

First proof of domestic surveillance

"Verizon phone records: could it happen in Britain?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jun/0...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#919383 Jun 6, 2013
Thursday's Guardian story reveals the ambition of the National Security Agency (NSA) to use a secretive legal process to pick up information on a much wider scale.

You can trust me!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#919384 Jun 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the IRS has to do with Obamacare is verifying that you have coverage. They don't decide who gets treatment you goddamned liar.
The IRS collects the taxes.

Money talks.

Obamacare gives control of your medical care decisions to the government.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919385 Jun 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"bended" to the breaking point??? Oh, Batty Loo, you're such an illiterate liar. I feel much better with Obama in charge than I ever did with Dumbya. Now, if the Grumpy Old Pricks currently in office would just get on with their overdue dirt naps, maybe we could really get something done. BTW, are you still supporting Orally's description of the Oval Office in "Killing Lincoln"?
Mass killings by Democrats or Chicago ghetto style killings or bombings by your "culture of violence" are not angry Grumpy Old Pricks clinging to their guns and religion you deranged idiot...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#919386 Jun 6, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.
But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty — a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.
That mistake must be avoided this time.

Orlando, FL

#919387 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well she may be in the right place. She could be your Ambassador to the United Nation.
I've always believed this nation and other civilized nations around the world did not do enough to collectively prevent the suffering in Rwanda and Darfur and other places.

Other than Samantha Power being another obedient useful tool for Obama, I don't know enough about her besides her activism against this kind of genocide.

I've done a lot of research and, besides supporting Obama's "blame America first" mentality, nothing else really jumped out at me.

Can you can provide some sites to help me know exactly who she is?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919388 Jun 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Whatever the outcome was going to be, they were sure to lose their son. So the Lammars decided to do what was for the greater good - they turned him over to police.
Last year, Tricia Lammers found a receipt for an $865 shotgun in her mentally-ill son's pocket. Blaec Lammars was able to buy the shotgun from the same Missouri Walmart where he was picked up by police a year earlier holding a butcher knife and a Halloween mask.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23362...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
lily confesses her ignorance, leosnana provides it... One in the same...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min District 1 239,505
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 63,559
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TroyTheTruePlumber 38
Graduation in Detroit. 5 hr De Bow 2
The Scoop on Weiner. 9 hr Is he Circumcised 3
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 10 hr Halal-muslims 3
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr doG mnaDed lyHo p... 71,273

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages