Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264193 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918436 Jun 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a gun while you have a water pistol.
Kneel down and let me show you the difference.
I know son. It's your idea of 'defending yourself.'

You're the kind of people the law needs to be balanced against.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918437 Jun 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So why is your mouth watering in anticipation?
Anticipation? Or what son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918438 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you right now, there's no mystery.
That you're an idiot?

I have to agree with you there son!
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918439 Jun 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The DNA and so called witnesses will be interesting. And even more critically, the voice analysis.
IMO, the problem with the Florida law is it gives way too much leeway to the shooter. And if Zimmerman gets off, Florida will become the wild, wild west. Can you imagine a 13 y/o shooting another 13 y/o because they claim to have felt threatened?
Zimmerman is the example. And unless the state wants things to get out of control, I think they're going have to strike some sort of balance with people's rights and their ability to defend themselves.
At some point, people need to take responsibility for their actions and not hide behind the law.
How about you, Perfesser Fartsack, why did GZ wait to callously murder the angelic choirboy Martin until his face and head were bashed in and bleeding?

Can't seem to get an answer for that from any of the criminal apologist libs on here, puzzling.

Now me, if plotting a murder, I'd do it before my head was being pounded.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#918440 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
He who strikes the first blow is responsible.
I'm not sure that is the case in Florida. Their "stand your ground" law has me baffled. It really doesn't seem to matter who threw the first blow. It's more about "fear of death or great bodily harm".

"In nearly a third of the(Stand Your Ground) cases the Times analyzed, defendants initiated the fight, shot an unarmed person or pursued their victim — and still went free."

Supposedly, the "law only requires law enforcement and the justice system to ask three questions in self-defense cases: Did the defendant have the right to be there? Was he engaged in a lawful activity? Could he reasonably have been in fear of death or great bodily harm?" "Without convincing evidence to the contrary,'stand your ground' protection prevails.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918441 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminder:
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
lol! About your hired gun? He'll say anything for a buck!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918442 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you and your fellow Fartsackers "feel" ?
You're an idiot.

Does that help son?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918443 Jun 4, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But knives are utensils. A gun can't cut an onion.
Guns are Rodent utensils. Knives can't shoot varmints

A knife can also disembowel and a gun can't.

What's the point again?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#918444 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Davey boy, I'm so disappointed, you don't want to discuss economics? How about the democrat authored mortgage meltdown? IRS corruption instigated by Oblamer? Newmen being spied upon? The lack of jobs?$85 billion a month to WS fatcats?

You you want to use that same CRA excuse like the other Dumbass right whiners do. I have news, it has already been done & debunked.

Why not list all the right whiner "gates".

"Lack of jobs"?- see "Bush Recession"
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918445 Jun 4, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You really ought to get out & around more often Galt! What gangsta do you know that wears white hoodies as a uniform. Even well known gangs ( crips & bloods) wear blue & red as gang identification &, when it's time to put in work (commit a crime), they put on all black to blend in with the night.
Jay-a lyrics; put your fatigues on, all black everything.
Black hoodies, black cards, all black everything.
& my girl's a blackbird, riding with a Dillinger.
I'll get more in depth if your boys really enough.
This is just evidence of you all's stereotypical ignorance. But you don't feel threatened by a white kid wearing all black (gothic). All black everything, finger tips, lip stick, allblack everything. Everything except for their skin, right?
'Blacks are 66 percent of all violent-crime suspects, according to the victims of and witnesses to those crimes.

Blacks commit around 70 percent of all robberies and about 80 percent of all shootings in the city.

Add Hispanic shooters, and you account for 98 percent of all shootings in the city.

“Whites, by contrast, were only 5 percent of all violent crime suspects in 2011. According to victim and witness reports, they commit barely over 1 percent of all shootings and less than 5 percent of all robberies.”

Read more: A taste of our future - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918446 Jun 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The obama administration seems to be going out of the way to prove the republican conspiracies about them are true.
You have to admit - Obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and Carney do what they do best is LIE...
First Benghazi was a coverup, the Fascist Obama administration has criminalized the news-gathering process, the IRS has become a gestapo agency, next we will be finding obama's real birth certificate...
It's the culture...
Oblamer sets the tone for them..........

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#918447 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a lying sack of shit, dems controlled both houses of congress under Reagan, stop your blatant lies.
Where's the Oblamer jobs? Where's the economic recovery?
U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009
Posted: 06/04/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT
Updated: 06/04/2013 02:33:18 AM MDT
By Christopher S. Rugaber
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON — A measure of U.S. manufacturing fell in May to its lowest level since June 2009 as slumping overseas economies and weak business spending reduced new orders and production.
The Institute for Supply Management said Monday that its index of manufacturing activity fell to 49 last month from 50.7 in April. That's the lowest level in nearly four years and the first time the index has dipped below 50 since November. A reading under 50 indicates contraction.
Monday's report showed that a gauge of new orders fell to 48.8, the lowest in nearly a year. Production dropped to its lowest point since May 2009, and employment dipped.
Manufacturing has struggled this year as weak economies abroad have slowed U.S. exports.
At the same time, consumers are holding back on spending more for factory-made goods, possibly a result of higher Social Security taxes, which have reduced most workers' paychecks this year.
Read more: U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2338108...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
I don't answer posts that start out with name calling. It just shows the poster is an ignoramous not worth the time of day.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#918448 Jun 4, 2013
"OMG OMF OMG The drones are coming The drones are coming OMG OMG OMG"

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/dominos-dom...

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#918449 Jun 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>I know that you're still deluded by birther claims that the Obama Administration is not 'American'
I don't usually speak to spaceshots like you, but I thought you need to know, nobody has said the entire Obama Regime is foreign, only the product of racial preference, Jive-ass Punk Kenyan.

You do understand the distinction, right?
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#918450 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
The women's jewelry thieving, school bus driver assaulting, gold toothed racist thug named Martin, that's who.
School Report: Trayvon Martin Found with 'Jewelry and Burglary Tool'
0digg
article image
Submitted by Zach Lisabeth on Mar 26, 2012
Recently divulged information about Trayvon Martin's checkered academic history has added a new dimension to the very public discussion about the deceased teenager's month-old shooting.
As it turns out, Martin was suspended a number of times from Krop Senior High School in Miami Gardens for infractions ranging from tardiness and truancy up to possession of marijuana and a screwdriver that the school's security staff described as a "burglary tool."
The troubling incidents date back to October 2011, when Martin was allegedly caught with a horde of women's jewelry and the aforementioned screwdriver, according the Miami Herald. According to a report issued by Trayvon's school district, on October 21, security camera footage showed Trayvon Martin and two other students writing "W.T.F." on a hallway locker. A security guard saw the footage, detained Trayvon and searched his bag for the offending marker. In the process of the search, the guard uncovered 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a watch and the screwdriver.
This is how stupid you are. What does that have to do with the case? Wasthe jewelry reported stolen? No! Has anyone cme to claim the jewelry since it's been found? No! So one can only come to 2 conclusions. Either it's his or someone in his family that doesn't want to press charges!

Second, was Martin found with a "screwdriver" on him the night he was shot? No! So even if he was a burglar, he wasn't on the job that night, evidenced by him eating candy, drinking iced tea, & talking to his girlfriend on his phone. Y'all continue to leave out the part that his father didn't live far from the crime scene.

Lastly, a screwdriver is not a burglary tool. If you must know, urban kids carry them for weapons as a form of protection from gangs. They use screw drivers because they're legal & cops don't usually arrest kids for having them, stupid!
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918451 Jun 4, 2013
[QUOTE who="Yeah,i'm the stupidest"]<quoted text>That you're an idiot?
I have to agree with you there son![/QUOTE]

agreed, fartsack.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#918452 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You actually believe that the president met with the IRS commissioner every 3 days?
Statistical average.Whether he meet with the president personally is a moot point.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918453 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you, Perfesser Fartsack, why did GZ wait to callously murder the angelic choirboy Martin until his face and head were bashed in and bleeding?
Can't seem to get an answer for that from any of the criminal apologist libs on here, puzzling.
Now me, if plotting a murder, I'd do it before my head was being pounded.
I've seen bleeding from slips and falls worse than Zimmerman's son.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918454 Jun 4, 2013
A taste of our future (WHEN LIMOUSINE LIB JUDGES HANDCUFF THE POLICE INSTEAD OF THE THUGS)
By BOB McMANUS

June 3, 2013

Nobody got shot on US District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin’s block over the weekend. Lucky her.

But most folks aren’t so fortunate as to live within a stray shot of the Brooklyn Heights promenade. For seven New York men who definitely did not — four black, three Hispanic — that disparity was fatal.

Disparity, because random gunfire is all but totally absent from predominantly white neighborhoods in New York. This is good news for whites, but it hardly seems fair.

Disparity, because — as might be expected — whites are rarely the victims of murderous gun violence of the sort that struck down 26 city residents over 72 hours this past weekend. Seven died, 19 were wounded, including three under the age of 16 — and all were black or Hispanic.

The NYPD’s response to such carnage has been to assign vastly inequitable attention to the neighborhoods with bloody sidewalks — depriving Brownstone Brooklyn, the Upper West Side and similar tranquil glades of their “fair share” of cops. And how can that be equitable?

Absurd question? No more absurd than the proposition that has taken up much of Judge Scheindlin’s time and energy over the past several months.

She’s overseeing a civil trial meant to determine whether the NYPD’s commitment of disproportionate resources to high-gun-crime neighborhoods represents an unconstitutional abridgement of the civil rights of certain people who live in those neighborhoods.

In general terms, everybody — probably even the New York Civil Liberties Union — agrees that crime is bad, awful and even worse than that.

But the consensus dissolves when it comes to actually DOING SOMETHING about street violence. That is, when it comes to deploying strategies meant to disarm the gangbangers.

The NYCLU and some fellow travelers brought the suit, contending that concentrating attention on young black and Hispanic males violates their rights.

Specifically at issue is the city’s “stop-and-frisk” policy: Cops stop young men reasonably held to be acting suspiciously, question them and sometimes frisk them for weapons. This seems like a broad-brush approach, but the policy is limited to high-violence neighborhoods and aimed at individuals whose behavior suggests cause for concern.

Let’s be frank: The fact that violent crime is almost exclusively a black-Hispanic phenomenon, in terms of criminals and victims, is not something the NYPD can do anything about. That’s for the social scientists and their cousins, the social engineers.

Instead, the department must deal with sad facts such as these.

Read more: A taste of our future - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#918455 Jun 4, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
I meant to say presidents should just have orgies in the Oval Office...because it's none of our business.
Please don't say you agree, Lily.
LOL... It does seem like only yesterday when Monica was crawling around the Clinton White House on her hands and knees, stuffing everything in her mouth...

It's the culture

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,661
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 1 hr RappersRTHUGS 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr budd 54,342
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 10 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 14 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 14 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages