Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233371 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#918336 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt doesn't leave his house if it's within two hours of sunset.
The only time Flack will venture out after dark is if Walmart is having some kind of midnight madness sale.
Yeah, like a 20 lb log of bologna or something
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#918337 Jun 4, 2013
Alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has told his mother that people are sending him money and that someone opened an account for him, according to a new recording of their first phone call from prison.

When his mother asked if he is in pain, Tsarnaev replied in Russian: "No, of course not. I'm already eating and have been for a long time," according to a translation by Channel 4 in the UK, which first aired the audio. The call took place last week.

"They are giving me chicken and rice now, everything is fine," he said.

Dzhokhar also told his mother that he has received at least a "thousand" dollars in a bank account that someone opened for him since his arrest. The mother says the family has also received $8,000 from individuals pledging their support, according to Channel 4.

Tsarnaev's parents say they have been offered one phone call a month with their son, who is in prison awaiting trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bomb-suspect-dzh...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918338 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt does not fear hoodie-wearers, just avoids them.
If you had given that good advice to George Zimmerman then he wouldn't be on trial for his life today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918339 Jun 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe if you're a big fat loser on medication and have a gun...
I truly hope he gets life, he's a danger to society.
'big fat loser on medication and have a gun'= Republican base?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918340 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, like a 20 lb log of bologna or something
Or a 50 gallon drum of peanut butter.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918341 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean from Queens is a wiseass, just like Obama.
Now the chickens are coming home to roost.
Yes they are and in regards to Obamacare they are all laying golden eggs. Check this out: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/opinion/kru...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918342 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>
This case is about race, nothing else, whipped to a frenzy by race pimps like Al Sharpton and Hussein Obama.

If a black neighborhood watch guy had shot Saint Trayvon, nobody would ever have heard of it and there would be no prosecution.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#918343 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You have been brainwashed by the lame stream media lily..

MSNBC and others knowing altered pictures and facts to make Zimmerman look guilty you racist...

Meanwhile, Zimmerman's mountain of attorney's will own both MSNBC, the lame stream media, Race Cop Al Shapton and the hate filled racist left-wing party...

George Zimmerman Sues NBC for Portraying Him as a 'Racist and Predatory Villain' Over Edited 911 Tape...

George Zimmerman, the man facing second-degree murder charges in one of the most racially charged and controversial cases in recent memory is seeking damages against NBC for portraying him as a "racist and predatory villain."

The suit, claims, "NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy, but as an opportunity to increase ratings."

An NBC News spokeswoman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The suit claims the network pounced on the story in large part to help aid the ailing ratings of its morning program, "The Today Show." It centers around "manipulated" exchanges between George Zimmerman and a non-emergency dispatcher shortly before unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. The audio aired a few times on several NBC platforms beginning March 19.

The suit blames NBC in large part for the media frenzy surrounding the case and hostilities against Zimmerman.

The suit points out two versions of the exchanges that aired beginning on March 19 for more than a week that they say the network manipulated to "create the misleading impression that Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin's conduct because he is a black male."

In audio aired March 19, according to the suit, Zimmerman describes Martin and his race before he actually brought it up. Here is part of that exchange, according to the lawsuit:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-sue...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/geor...

It's the culture..

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#918344 Jun 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you were.
So how does a 20 year old get a down payment for a mortgage? Did Mommy help you?
Ot are you just lying to us.
Believe it or some people work and save from an early age instead of blowing all their money on worthless crap then expecting other to take care of them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#918345 Jun 4, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying Zimmerman should have stayed put too?
Because taking a gun and leaving your house in pursuit of a self-perceived trouble maker could lead to unintended consequences. As did happen.
You just love to spin a fictitious tale and present it as truth.

Zimmerman did not "take a gun and leave his house in pursuit of a self-perceived trouble maker." At least not according to Zimmerman. For their own personal safety, many people don't go out of the house without a concealed weapon. It doesn't mean they are "in pursuit" of trouble.

The bottom line is... it will be up to the prosecution to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman was out patrolling on his own rather than running a personal errand as he claims. It will be up to the prosecution to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Martin did not pose a threat of great bodily harm to Zimmerman. People need to stop spinning tales and wait for the evidence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918346 Jun 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they are and in regards to Obamacare they are all laying golden eggs. Check this out: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/opinion/kru...
Paul Krugman propaganda, a total joke.
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918347 Jun 4, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagerizing "Dailycaller" I see. Any intelligent person understands that "federal taxes" is not the same as "income taxes".
I do find it funny that you are so willing to jump on the bankwagon that claims "Reagan's so-called 'tax increases' were actually examples of ending deductions". Why is it Republican's can't use that same logic when referencing Obama's end to deductions? Don't answer that, I know....it's that old Republican mantra: Do as we say, not as we do.
Reagan raised federal taxes eleven times. That is not a misleading statement, it is the truth. What's misleading is the Republican smoke screen that attempts to define "federal taxes" as "income taxes".
http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reag...
you're a lying sack of shit, dems controlled both houses of congress under Reagan, stop your blatant lies.

Where's the Oblamer jobs? Where's the economic recovery?

U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009
Posted: 06/04/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT
Updated: 06/04/2013 02:33:18 AM MDT
By Christopher S. Rugaber
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — A measure of U.S. manufacturing fell in May to its lowest level since June 2009 as slumping overseas economies and weak business spending reduced new orders and production.

The Institute for Supply Management said Monday that its index of manufacturing activity fell to 49 last month from 50.7 in April. That's the lowest level in nearly four years and the first time the index has dipped below 50 since November. A reading under 50 indicates contraction.

Monday's report showed that a gauge of new orders fell to 48.8, the lowest in nearly a year. Production dropped to its lowest point since May 2009, and employment dipped.

Manufacturing has struggled this year as weak economies abroad have slowed U.S. exports.

At the same time, consumers are holding back on spending more for factory-made goods, possibly a result of higher Social Security taxes, which have reduced most workers' paychecks this year.

Read more: U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2338108...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918348 Jun 4, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying Zimmerman should have stayed put too?
Because taking a gun and leaving your house in pursuit of a self-perceived trouble maker could lead to unintended consequences. As did happen.
No, not even close. GZ did not leave his home in pursuit of anyone.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918349 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This case is about race, nothing else, whipped to a frenzy by race pimps like Al Sharpton and Hussein Obama.
If a black neighborhood watch guy had shot Saint Trayvon, nobody would ever have heard of it and there would be no prosecution.
Yes, you must be right that if the neighborhood watch captain who shot Trayvon Martin had been a Black man then the all-white Sanford ,Florida police department would have considered it another 'Black on Black crime and quietly arrested him without any fanfare?
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918350 Jun 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can beg all you want son.
I don't subscribe to the 'he who shoots first is the winner' philosophy like gun crazies do.
That's because you're a mentally deficient Fartsack, nothing more..
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#918351 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any sane person approached by someone wearing a hoodie (gangsta uniform) immediately exercises additional caution.
You really ought to get out & around more often Galt! What gangsta do you know that wears white hoodies as a uniform. Even well known gangs ( crips & bloods) wear blue & red as gang identification &, when it's time to put in work (commit a crime), they put on all black to blend in with the night.
Jay-a lyrics; put your fatigues on, all black everything.
Black hoodies, black cards, all black everything.
& my girl's a blackbird, riding with a Dillinger.
I'll get more in depth if your boys really enough.

This is just evidence of you all's stereotypical ignorance. But you don't feel threatened by a white kid wearing all black (gothic). All black everything, finger tips, lip stick, allblack everything. Everything except for their skin, right?
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918352 Jun 4, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> So exactly how did Martin provoke the situation aunt Betty? I'm walking home, minding my business & I notice you're following me, I'm going to defend myself too. I'm not going to wait for you to make a move. It may be too late. The entire scenario would've never happen had Zimmerman never left his car & approached that kid. Martin died using the"stand your ground law" the correct way!
stop playing the fool, altho you do excel at it.
Leggy Mountbatten

Loveland, CO

#918353 Jun 4, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "pretend" to see anything Carol, I rely on facts. It's you who's living in a bubble of implacable hatred impervious to facts or even simple logic. Un fortunately your bubble couldn't be burst with an ICBM.
Hey, Douchebag, take a stab at this FACT

Where's the Oblamer jobs? Where's the economic recovery?

U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009
Posted: 06/04/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT
Updated: 06/04/2013 02:33:18 AM MDT
By Christopher S. Rugaber
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — A measure of U.S. manufacturing fell in May to its lowest level since June 2009 as slumping overseas economies and weak business spending reduced new orders and production.

The Institute for Supply Management said Monday that its index of manufacturing activity fell to 49 last month from 50.7 in April. That's the lowest level in nearly four years and the first time the index has dipped below 50 since November. A reading under 50 indicates contraction.

Monday's report showed that a gauge of new orders fell to 48.8, the lowest in nearly a year. Production dropped to its lowest point since May 2009, and employment dipped.

Manufacturing has struggled this year as weak economies abroad have slowed U.S. exports.

At the same time, consumers are holding back on spending more for factory-made goods, possibly a result of higher Social Security taxes, which have reduced most workers' paychecks this year.

Read more: U.S. manufacturing fell in May to lowest level since June 2009 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2338108 ...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918354 Jun 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Believe it or some people work and save from an early age instead of blowing all their money on worthless crap then expecting other to take care of them.
Just Republicans

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918355 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Krugman propaganda, a total joke.
"Predictions of an Obamacare apocalypse seem a little less credible today, thanks to California.

On Thursday, officials in that state offered the first detailed glimpse of what consumers buying health benefits on their own can expect to pay next year. And from the looks of things, these consumers will be getting a pretty good deal." ..."It’s hard to provide a precise figure on premiums in the new exchange, which is officially called Covered California, because so much depends on individual circumstances, plan selection, and region. But you can get a sense of the prices by looking at what a 40-year-old single person would pay, on average, for the second cheapest “silver” plan on the new market. Such a plan, which would cover about 70 percent of a typical person’s medical expenses, would go for about $300 a month or around $3,600 a year. That compares favorably with what insurance costs today. The typical employer plan, for example, presently costs about $5,500 a year. Employer plans are generally more generous than the silver plans would be, so you’d expect them to be more expensive—but not by such a large margin." Check this out: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113289/oba... #

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Earthling-1 53,570
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 2 hr Scott Greczkowski 114
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr positronium 189,974
abby 5-25-15 3 hr blunt advice 6
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,242
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr _Zoey_ 410
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,000
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 99,560
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]