Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917913 Jun 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Rush Limbaugh. My God, are all you right whiners dittogeads?
In Bob Woodward's book, "Price of Politics", he writes:

"Democrats complained of being out of the loop, not knowing where the White House stood on major points. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., the ranking Democrat on the House Budget Committee, is described as having a 'growing feeling of incredulity' as negotiations meandered.

"'The administration didn't seem to have a strategy. It was unbelievable. There didn't seem to be any core principles.'"
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#917914 Jun 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
The Supreme Court on Monday upheld the police practice of taking DNA samples from people who have been arrested but not convicted of a crime, ruling that it amounts to the 21st century version of fingerprinting.
The ruling was 5-4. Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative, joined three of the court’s more liberal members — Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan — in dissenting.
The five justices in the majority ruled that DNA sampling, after an arrest “for a serious offense” and when officers “bring the suspect to the station to be detained in custody,” does not violate the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition of unreasonable searches.
Under those specifications, the court said,“taking and analyzing a cheek swab of the arrestee’s DNA is, like fingerprinting and photographing, a legitimate police booking procedure that is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment.”
Scalia’s siding with the liberals reflects his growing concern over the past five years about privacy, said Tom Goldstein, the publisher of SCOTUSblog, who teaches at Harvard Law School and is a Supreme Court analyst for NBC News.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/03/18...
I wonder how Galt feels about this?
So much for privacy.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#917915 Jun 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is disgusting. Trayvon was a troubled teen and, no matter the outcome of the trial, it is a tragedy that he was killed. It's not a joke.
Do you realize just how many jokes are told daily about the deaths of bad people? Hitler comedy, Saddam Hussein comedy, Trayvon Martin comedy.

Don't play stupid to make a point. It won't work with me.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#917916 Jun 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That audio did not match Eed's quotation.
Try to keep up
"Fenris"
"real dumb" as selective hearing. If the words come from a liberal turd they are gospel in his mind. If the words come from one who is conservative the are BS in his mind. "real dumbs" problem, he does not thing for himself, he is a simple minded troll.
Peace

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#917917 Jun 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You know, believe it or not, there was a time when presidents didn't get involved in the daily lives of Americans. They left local things to local people. This clown interjects himself into places not needed or wanted. He should run the country and leave the local stuff to the locals.
I guess when Bush & the Republicans sent us into the worst recession in 80 years, that didn't effect peoples lives. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917918 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because he didn't lie.
It was Obama's smear campaign and lies that took the most heat - even by the liberal press at one point.
You probably just forgot.
" ' You probably just forgot' LOL In a way, I blame my friend Greg Sargent. In the first week in January, he noted, almost in passing, that Mitt Romney seemed to be making a lot of false claims, and someone "really should document them all." That struck me as a good idea, so I decided to tackle this on my own.

After all, I thought at the time, how hard could this be? Once a week, I'd let readers know about Romney's whoppers, which I assumed would total about a half-dozen a week, and maybe after the election, I'd do a top 20 list of my favorites. The project would be a nice little Friday-afternoon feature.

Little did I know at the time that Romney would become an ambitious prevaricator, whose rhetoric would come to define post-truth politics. Nearly 11 months after Greg Sargent's harmless suggestion, I've published 40 installments in this series, which, before today, featured 884 falsehoods.(If you include today's edition, the new total is 917 falsehoods for the year.)

I wish that were a typo. It's not." ... And here's just 4 of the 937 whoppers Romney told-->"Romney said he should be elected in order to prevent "four more years of trillion dollar deficits in Washington."

According to the budget plan Romney endorsed, we'll have four more years of trillion dollar deficits in Washington anyway.

3. Romney added he has a "five-point plan ... that'll get this economy going."

The five-point plan -- oil drilling, trade, privatizing K-12 education, vague assertions about debt reduction, and ambiguous promises about doing nice things for small businesses -- is a rehash of Bush/Cheney promises. No credible analysis of the vague agenda has found it capable of boosting the economy.

4. At a campaign event in Doswell, Virginia, Romney said "Obamacare" is "crushing small businesses across America."

There is literally no evidence to support this claim in any way. Indeed, a a significant portion of the ongoing cost of the Affordable Care Act is to give small businesses a tax break.

5. In the same speech, Romney also argued, "The president wants to raise taxes on small business."

In reality, Obama has repeatedly cut taxes on small businesses -- by some counts, 18 times -- and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses." Check this out:
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/11/02/...

Lapeer, MI

#917919 Jun 3, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Gun violence begets more gun violence.
(sigh)...How poetic! Warms the cockles of my pants.

Wise up, Dood. Violence is a necessary part of life. Not necessarily daily but it is necessary.

That's why the Founding Fathers included the 2nd Amendment.

Don't like it? Then go buy a water pistol to protect your family from the Trayvon Martins of this world.

And a bar of soap...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#917920 Jun 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
The Supreme Court on Monday upheld the police practice of taking DNA samples from people who have been arrested but not convicted of a crime, ruling that it amounts to the 21st century version of fingerprinting.
The ruling was 5-4. Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative, joined three of the court’s more liberal members — Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan — in dissenting.
The five justices in the majority ruled that DNA sampling, after an arrest “for a serious offense” and when officers “bring the suspect to the station to be detained in custody,” does not violate the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition of unreasonable searches.
Under those specifications, the court said,“taking and analyzing a cheek swab of the arrestee’s DNA is, like fingerprinting and photographing, a legitimate police booking procedure that is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment.”
Scalia’s siding with the liberals reflects his growing concern over the past five years about privacy, said Tom Goldstein, the publisher of SCOTUSblog, who teaches at Harvard Law School and is a Supreme Court analyst for NBC News.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/03/18...
I wonder how Galt feels about this?
IRS put in charge of DNA for O'bamacare--then we can tax those more who are prone to be sick by way of genetic markers which is junk science. And if you commit a crime you will have a tendency to be mentally unstable. Pre-existing condition-do you think you have the mentally unstable gene that makes you a liberal. I do. And because I have a big piece of paper from a big college I can make that judgement...And so it goes. Does anyone really want anyone in their opinion passing judgement on any one else?

Lapeer, MI

#917921 Jun 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where were his parents?
Somewhere acting irresponsibly.

But when the lawsuit money and insurance checks showed up, they got even more irresponsible. Gee, if they had only had a few more Trayvons lurking in the neighborhood that night....

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917922 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Obama declared that history will mark his ascent to the presidency as the moment when "our planet began to heal."
No narcissism there.
People with narcissistic personalities tend to deprecate and treat with contempt those from whom they do not expect anything, i.e. "teabaggers".
http://nymag.com/news/politics/elections-2012...
Does that make Mitt Romney a giant narcissistic azzhole for 'deprecating and treating with contempt' the 47% that he thought wouldn't vote for him anyway?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#917923 Jun 3, 2013
Scalia called the decision's scope "vast" and "scary," and said the DNA collection is an unequivocal violation of Americans' Fourth Amendment right to be free from "unreasonable searches and seizures" of their bodies and homes.

Scalia argued that the primary purpose of the DNA swab is to find evidence of other criminal wrongdoing, which he compared to officers showing up at a house without probable cause or a warrant and rummaging around. Scalia wrote that body searches at the time of an arrest are valid because police are looking for evidence relevant to the crime that a person is suspected of committing. DNA sampling takes that a step further by attempting to find evidence of other wrongdoing that is not related to the crime the person has been arrested for, Scalia argued.

That tactic may help solve more crimes, but is an overreach of police power, he concluded.

"Solving unsolved crimes is a noble objective, but it occupies a lower place in the American pantheon of noble objectives than the protection of our people from suspicionless law-enforcement searches. The Fourth Amendment must prevail," Scalia writes.

You are correct Justice Scalia.

Scary stuff indeed.
are you joking or stupid

Coffeyville, KS

#917924 Jun 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that neither party would vote for it tells me it was probably a pretty good budget.
It raised taxes which the Reps do not want and it cut spending which the Dems don't want.
Obama "cut spending"? Really? Obama has spent more than most and in half the time. Obama can't even get his wife to cut back on vacations for the appearance of it. You know, so we the people can see that there really is a reason for stopping us from visiting "our house" that we are allowing them to live in temporarily. As if there was a problem like the sequester or something.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#917925 Jun 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>IRS put in charge of DNA for O'bamacare--then we can tax those more who are prone to be sick by way of genetic markers which is junk science. And if you commit a crime you will have a tendency to be mentally unstable. Pre-existing condition-do you think you have the mentally unstable gene that makes you a liberal. I do. And because I have a big piece of paper from a big college I can make that judgement...And so it goes. Does anyone really want anyone in their opinion passing judgement on any one else?
I think now would be a good time to refer to you as a simpleton.

Lapeer, MI

#917926 Jun 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that Zimmerman was acting illegally.
Neighborhood Watch Personnel are advised to NEVER carry a gun.
Zimmerman was a vigilante. He'll get life for it.
""“In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket,” Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens’ Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio.“Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon.”
Despite this, Zimmerman admitted that he had fired a weapon on the night of the incident. In addition, the non-emergency call Zimmerman placed on February 26 before the shooting revealed he had been pursuing Martin by car before accosting the youth on foot — all direct violations of Neighborhood Watch policies.""
----------
Funny a follower of Satan, like you, would claim to be a Christian.
Look at this BS:

"Proof that Zimmerman was acting illegally.
Neighborhood Watch Personnel are advised to NEVER carry a gun."

Having being advised against CCW during a Neighborhood Watch patrol doesn't means that doing so is illegal, Fool. CCW is leagl in that state. Innuendo is a favorite Liberal tool, boy. Are you playing racist lawyer again? Is Eric Racist Holder your Poster Boy?

..and no links...your posts are becoming increasingly juvenile rants with no substance. Like drunk whoops and hollers and a JHS sports event.

Newville, PA

#917927 Jun 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Obama going to do, provide cash, jets and tanks to these rebels too? Maybe his charisma and powers of persuasion? How will you square that?
You people are just dumber than sh*t.

I posted a link to a Wiki article.

Do yourself a favor, read it & learn something.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#917928 Jun 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So much for privacy.
Yep, that "small government" Grumpy Old Prick party that just wants to control who you love and stick something in you mouth or up you vagina...Oh, I forgot their deals with contributing health care colonoscopy providers who insist on shoving something up your butt for fun and profit.

Newville, PA

#917929 Jun 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fenris"
"real dumb" as selective hearing. If the words come from a liberal turd they are gospel in his mind. If the words come from one who is conservative the are BS in his mind. "real dumbs" problem, he does not thing for himself, he is a simple minded troll.
Peace
I listened. The words that you claim Feinstein said were not there. Where is the link to the transcript?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#917930 Jun 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, that "small government" Grumpy Old Prick party that just wants to control who you love and stick something in you mouth or up you vagina...Oh, I forgot their deals with contributing health care colonoscopy providers who insist on shoving something up your butt for fun and profit.
Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917931 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Seriously. What are the IRS going to do when thousands and thousands of people don't apply for Obamacare and simply don't or can't pay the fine?
Nothing. Correct?
No, public option kicks in--Medicare for all . That means that if some republican governors think that they are helping to defy Obamacare which is federal law by refusing to implement it must realize by now that they're obstructing a happy capitalism model of healthcare reform and forcing upon on all of us a Big Government , centrally-planned public option that will become necessary or millions of Americans will die shortened lives and bankrupt. LOL

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#917933 Jun 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave.
And Buckley is unable to utter a syllable more than four-letter words...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Sunshine 181,706
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 7 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info