Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1376235 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918185 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not, he never should have been charged. Have you even heard of this?
Unarmed handicap Hispanic Man Shot By Black man in Phoenix
April 12, 2012 by Underground Militia
Filed under: Uncategorized
lets see how much backwards justice AZ has ?
In a case that is being compared to the Trayvon Martin shooting, a black man who shot and killed an unarmed man outside an Arizona restaurant is claiming self-defense.
On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, around 7:30 p.m., 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, who appears to be a white male Hispanic, was killed outside a Laveen, Arizona, Taco Bell at 7233 South 51st Avenue, near Baseline Road, said Phoenix police.
Authorities said the shooter, a 22-year-old black man, was pulling out of the Taco Bell drive thru when he crossed paths with Adkins, who was walking his dog on the sidewalk.
One report indicates Adkins struck the driver’s vehicle with a bat or a metal pole after he and the driver exchanged words.
Investigators did not find a weapon at the scene, indicating the black driver lied about it..
However, an independent eyewitness said Adkins swung his fist in the direction of the driver several times, according to various local news sources.
Like Florida, Arizona has a “Stand Your Ground” law, which allows a “victim” to use deadly force when faced with a life or death confrontation.
Thus far, the shooter has not been arrested or charged with a crime.
Adkins’ family members are calling for justice.
Where's all the libs calling for justice? where's Al and Jesse?
That was my big issue - the Stand Your Ground law. That only applies to being approached and feeling threatened or your personal space invaded.

If people can use the Stand Your Ground law and claim any provocation justifies it, things would begin to unravel.

Can't have vigilantes running around even if with good intentions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#918186 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly believe that no war in human history was without its dishonorable acts performed by a few individuals. If Life was perfect, there'd be no war in the first place.
The object in honorable military behavior is to keep the animal instincts under tight rein, as tight as is humanly possible.
I agree. And our military as a whole is above reproach and most of our veterans are heroes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918187 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have no qualms using a weapon if it came down to self defense. If I had reason to feel threatened, I'd own one in a heartbeat. But guns kind of give me the creeps. So it's a dilemma for me being a gun owner.
Have you ever stood in your kitchen holding a large knife over the Onion and realized just how dangerous you are at that moment? You could so easily kill someone with that knife as a weapon.

But you don't. Being the good person you are, it would never occur to you to use that knife against your husband in the heat of the moment when you found out he bought a $2000 fishing rod:]

It's the same with guns. Responsible, disciplined and trained. It is primarily a defensive weapon to be used judiciously and with great restraint only as a last resort.

But is sure is one helluva lot of fun shooting flies off the sh ithouse walls on a hillbilly drunk!

Jes kiddin', ma'am.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#918188 Jun 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. You should have said to look behind AND down to be accurate, son!
Yer thanking me!

Your Welcome, Bradley Manning.

You like the way my Army Helmet looks, eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#918189 Jun 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt Battie ...
Pleas disregard the 'intro' to this page ...
Just read the 'call log' and it will show he was doing neighborhood watch calls in reference to his "duties" as that ...
Not necessarily 911 but to police dispatch number.
As told to do in his 'paperwork by the Homeowners association' for his gated complex.
In the meantime, from doing all those calls he had built up a camaraderie with the caller and was told to call anytime he saw something, regardless of hwere it originated from ...
Just an FYI to maybe get a better picture of him.
Also, he and his wife were Big Brother/Big Sister to several underprivileged kids, in the area.
That sounds like a "kind' man, who did not like to see people disrespected, regardless of race or ethnicity. A law abiding American ... That did not want to see his community go down the drain, as is happening ALL over this country.
Hope this helps. The media went a looooong way in portraying him in a bad light and Trayvon as a saint. Trayvon WAS far from the innocent one, portrayed.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/327330...
I've heard some very good things about Zimmerman too. And his call to the dispatcher was not racist in any way. The liberal media just edited it to make it sound that way.

If Zimmerman was concerned about his neighborhood and had a good repoire with the police, he should have stayed put like he was told to do and let them do their job.

I understand that Martin created the confrontation that led to his death but it seemed unnecessary in the first place to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918190 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my big issue - the Stand Your Ground law. That only applies to being approached and feeling threatened or your personal space invaded.
If people can use the Stand Your Ground law and claim any provocation justifies it, things would begin to unravel.
Can't have vigilantes running around even if with good intentions.
I beg to differ, mind your own business and don't threaten anyone with violence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#918191 Jun 3, 2013
Time flies when you're having fun.

Night all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#918192 Jun 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! It matched my pink phone!
Problem: A Pink Phone with a Pink Gun and you might learn to shoot yer mouth off?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918193 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And our military as a whole is above reproach and most of our veterans are heroes.
Especially with idiot Oblamers rules of engagement that according to many are getting them killed and maimed. Send me to a war zone and I want to be locked and loaded 24/7.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#918194 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ, mind your own business and don't threaten anyone with violence.
So you're saying Zimmerman should have stayed put too?

Because taking a gun and leaving your house in pursuit of a self-perceived trouble maker could lead to unintended consequences. As did happen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#918195 Jun 3, 2013
CRUMP WILL BE DEPOSED – 5th DCA Decision – O’Mara Wins – Judge Nelson Reversed...

The Fifth District Court of Appeals has ruled in favor of George Zimmerman and his defense team. Benjamin Crump must sit for a deposition.

This highly unusual pre-trial intervention reverses the prior ruling of Judge Nelson, and appropriately states the need due to a lack of ability for the Appellate court to quantify the damage caused by allowing discovery to be impeded.

This is a HUGE VICTORY for George Zimmerman, and one that may indeed lead to a delay in trial.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/0...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#918196 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard some very good things about Zimmerman too. And his call to the dispatcher was not racist in any way. The liberal media just edited it to make it sound that way.
If Zimmerman was concerned about his neighborhood and had a good repoire with the police, he should have stayed put like he was told to do and let them do their job.
I understand that Martin created the confrontation that led to his death but it seemed unnecessary in the first place to me.
Thank you for your kind reply.
Can we "agree to disagree" ...?
:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#918197 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Time flies when you're having fun.
Night all.
Good Night Aunt Bettie :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918198 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Pink guns are becoming popular among women.
It must be fun going to the range with your 'pinkies!'

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918199 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Past your bedtime, isn't it, Fartsack?
Really? It is? Is that what your mommy tells you, son?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918202 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever stood in your kitchen holding a large knife over the Onion and realized just how dangerous you are at that moment? You could so easily kill someone with that knife as a weapon.
But you don't. Being the good person you are, it would never occur to you to use that knife against your husband in the heat of the moment when you found out he bought a $2000 fishing rod:]
It's the same with guns. Responsible, disciplined and trained. It is primarily a defensive weapon to be used judiciously and with great restraint only as a last resort.
But is sure is one helluva lot of fun shooting flies off the sh ithouse walls on a hillbilly drunk!
Jes kiddin', ma'am.
Well, I'm sure that knife gets cleaned after use and put away even though you don't need a ccw if you carried it out of the house... protection or otherwise!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918203 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer thanking me!
Your Welcome, Bradley Manning.
You like the way my Army Helmet looks, eh?
Is that what it is? Looks like it's pointy at the top. You're still so far away so it's hard to tell.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918204 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin created the confrontation?

Wow. Another one whose drawn a conclusion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918205 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
You can beg all you want son.

I don't subscribe to the 'he who shoots first is the winner' philosophy like gun crazies do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#918206 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying Zimmerman should have stayed put too?
Because taking a gun and leaving your house in pursuit of a self-perceived trouble maker could lead to unintended consequences. As did happen.
lol! You're making it damn hard for me to disagree with you now!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 213,367
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min IB DaMann 58,904
Dear Abby 5-6-16 2 hr Kuuipo 6
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 3 hr Dfunk 425
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Ize Found 70,505
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr operation greylord 72,026
Amy 5-6-16 8 hr RACE 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages