Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395194 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918119 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The young man could have easily avoided the confrontation and the ensuing attack by continuing his walk home or staying out of sight, no question. But Zimmerman could have also complied with being told to stay put and letting the police handle it. They were there within minutes after Martin was shot.
It's up to the jurors to decide.
Define "minutes". Zimmerman had every right to do everything he did. Martin's stupidity, violence and racism caused his death. Usually his type don't run into an armed citizen.

I guess someone in the Aurora theater should have just waited for the police? In Newtown? We have a right to defend ourselves from criminals, Martin was a criminal committing a crime.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918120 Jun 3, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm definitely hood but, I'm good on that north pole crap. Those aside the type of white folk I'm use to. I think it's best you stay where you are & I do the same. You ain't built for this life. I don't want no parts of that shitty existence you call a life. Were polar opposites. I'm black your you're white (like American cracker white)! You're a coward, I ain't afraid of none of y'all. You're racist, I'm not. I'm hood, you're country. I'm good!
You're also a racist rughead.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918122 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole notion of an "invasion" is actually inaccurate. It is a liberal word to incite anger and intentionally misleading.
invasion - 1. The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer or plunder.
We had no intention of conquering or plundering in Iraq.
"Invasion" is something Saddam did in Kuwait and what Hitler did in Poland and much of Europe.
We overthrew a tyrant and a madman who was a clear and present danger to the civilized world.
Iraqis now vote for their own leaders. There are new schools and roads and infrastructure. We left much of Iraq in better shape than when we found it.
It is still a struggling democracy and only time will tell if it can overcome it's cultural obstacles.
But please don't use the word "invasion" in describing our purpose in Iraq.
Liberal tag words. It's a game. "debunked" is another Liberal tag word.

They gotta a million.....instead of killing infants, they talk about "Rights", "the right to choose", "Family Planning", yada, yada, yada....
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918123 Jun 3, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think so.
We are not at war in Pakistan.
Whole invasion of Iraq was a mistake
Your hindsight is brilliant.

If we're not at war with Pakistan, why is Oblamer dropping bombs on it's people?
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918124 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him "Whooz yer daddy?" and really confuse him.
Too easy. lol

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918125 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
go fellate Traygone's corpse.
leosnana just loves rigor mortis. A hard man is good to get.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918126 Jun 3, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dumass, I've already escaped it as fat as demographic it's concerned. I live in a 3 br rancher in the burbs but, the white people I live around are nothing like y'all. 1st if all, you have it twisted. Nobody runs from the good because they're scared, only y'all! You dudes are cowards! All you can do it's point the finger from outside with no input or concept of what really goes on in the hood. Cowards! Just know my family & are all good. Don't want for nothing, don't need for anything!
Then why are you such a racist hater? And apologist for the failure Oblamer? Who surrounds himself with non blacks?

You're a sap, like millions of other blacks he lied to.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918127 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal tag words. It's a game. "debunked" is another Liberal tag word.
They gotta a million.....instead of killing infants, they talk about "Rights", "the right to choose", "Family Planning", yada, yada, yada....
Wolves in sheep's clothing have a unique way of twisting words to disguise their real intent too.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#918128 Jun 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bradley Manning has already admitted guilt.
What, guilt that he exposed war crimes ? That is what he admitted guilt to.
Why isn't there any Bradley's in the Chinese regime exposing corruption and stolen intellectual property. Because they know if they are caught they are dead and probably their family as well.
So the US needs organisations like WikiLeaks to go after these ppl instead of shutting them down leaving the Chinese out on their own to hack anyone they like. The downed drone in Iran, was reverse engineered by them a nice lil gift of the Iran regime. 15 mths later they launch their own cheaper model. Yet wasted time and money is gone after Julian Assange & the Bradley's of this world. When it would be far better spent recruiting them for counter cyber espionage. This is where you ringers judge morality by what effects your wallet the most not what is right!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918129 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "minutes". Zimmerman had every right to do everything he did. Martin's stupidity, violence and racism caused his death. Usually his type don't run into an armed citizen.
I guess someone in the Aurora theater should have just waited for the police? In Newtown? We have a right to defend ourselves from criminals, Martin was a criminal committing a crime.
I'm not convinced Zimmerman was a racist. He seemed more like a wannabe law enforcer too eager to find trouble.

His numerous calls to 911, for example, was out of the ordinary.

That was my impression of him anyway.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#918130 Jun 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to include the authors name__Thayer Watkins a hired gun just like the clown you linked earlier, Thomas DiLorenzo a hookah for big tobacco among other industries.
So why exactly do you spread this bullsht around on anonymous internet forums day and night? Every day and every night under a dozen or more screen names?
Fn scumbg.
Just wanted to show how far behind the curve a moron like you actually is

"On a lunch break last month, a small custom-built octacopter made a 10-minute flight through the city of Guildford, outside of London. Its special cargo: two large pepperoni pizzas.

The delivery was masterminded by a T + Biscuits, an English creative agency that was hired by Domino's to test prototypes.

"We're looking at making flying pizzas a possibility," Tom Hatton, Master Brewer and founder of T + Biscuits, told NBC News."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918131 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolves in sheep's clothing have a unique way of twisting words to disguise their real intent too.
Tax Increase = Revenue Enhancement

Every Socialist Progressive Ultra Left Wing Democrat Liberal group in America is very fond of using "Inequality", "Social Justice", "Living Wage", "Undocumented Worker", "Racial Profiling", "Workers of color" and "Minorities are overrepresented in U.S. prisons".

Overrepresented? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... I just love that one:)

This method of presentation makes all of those millions of Trayvon Martins, Rodney Kings and OJ Simpsons look like they are just the unfortunate victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong times (while holding a weapon? B&E Tools? Drugs?) Gee, my heart feels tugged at....

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918133 Jun 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the cops and this is what you get.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/mhai...
Stories and videos of cops overreacting is very disturbing.

They get the bad guys more than harm civilians. But some do. And it's very infuriating when they do.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#918134 Jun 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What, guilt that he exposed war crimes ? That is what he admitted guilt to.
Why isn't there any Bradley's in the Chinese regime exposing corruption and stolen intellectual property. Because they know if they are caught they are dead and probably their family as well.
So the US needs organisations like WikiLeaks to go after these ppl instead of shutting them down leaving the Chinese out on their own to hack anyone they like. The downed drone in Iran, was reverse engineered by them a nice lil gift of the Iran regime. 15 mths later they launch their own cheaper model. Yet wasted time and money is gone after Julian Assange & the Bradley's of this world. When it would be far better spent recruiting them for counter cyber espionage. This is where you ringers judge morality by what effects your wallet the most not what is right!
Totally agree

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#918136 Jun 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What, guilt that he exposed war crimes ? That is what he admitted guilt to.
Why isn't there any Bradley's in the Chinese regime exposing corruption and stolen intellectual property. Because they know if they are caught they are dead and probably their family as well.
So the US needs organisations like WikiLeaks to go after these ppl instead of shutting them down leaving the Chinese out on their own to hack anyone they like. The downed drone in Iran, was reverse engineered by them a nice lil gift of the Iran regime. 15 mths later they launch their own cheaper model. Yet wasted time and money is gone after Julian Assange & the Bradley's of this world. When it would be far better spent recruiting them for counter cyber espionage. This is where you ringers judge morality by what effects your wallet the most not what is right!
On the battlefield, people with yours and Bradley Babee's attitude are dangerous baggage to all the other military personnel. Weak links. A strong military cohesiveness can only survive when cowards and traitors like you two are removed. Permanently.

The Chinese know this, too.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918137 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolves in sheep's clothing have a unique way of twisting words to disguise their real intent too.
It's well known virtually all dems have to lie to be elected.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#918138 Jun 3, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "minutes". Zimmerman had every right to do everything he did. Martin's stupidity, violence and racism caused his death. Usually his type don't run into an armed citizen.
I guess someone in the Aurora theater should have just waited for the police? In Newtown? We have a right to defend ourselves from criminals, Martin was a criminal committing a crime.
What crime? Walking while black? Zimmerman is a trigger happy murderer, a menace to society. I think he'll get life.
Now, GFY
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#918139 Jun 3, 2013
Heat 99. Pacers 76!!!

The Heat is on!!
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918140 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not convinced Zimmerman was a racist. He seemed more like a wannabe law enforcer too eager to find trouble.
His numerous calls to 911, for example, was out of the ordinary.
That was my impression of him anyway.
What would you do if your neighborhood was consistently being victimized?

Page 1 of comments on Black mob attacks pregnant White woman ...
www.youtube.com/all_comments...
Black mob attacks pregnant White woman. by NationalNewsChannel • 10,281 views. How about the following story out of Sanford, Florida this past week?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918141 Jun 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Over a considerable lifespan, I've accumulated enough experience to know that cops are dangerous, stupid and necessary. That's Life!
I've been harassed, interrupted, berated and flummoxed by cops and cop mentality.
One time, I was away from home and my girlfriend heard a knock at the door. She pulled the window curtains back to see who was standing on the porch at the door. It is a hot August night at 3AM and there stands a guy wearing a leather jacket, leather gloves, a chuck and is carrying a brown paper bag. He initially doesn't notice her peeking through the curtain. He suddenly waves at someone across the street in the darkness between buildings.
She taps the window and asks through the glass what he wants. He feigns a hearing loss and asks her to open the door so he can hear her better. She says "Hold on!" and quickly call the police. She explains what she encounters and that the guy won't leave her porch. The desk sergeant says "Well, what do you want me to do miss? I can't arrest him for standing on your porch". She insists further that it's 3AM, she's alone and this strange character will not take no for an answer. He keeps pounding on the door. Still, the cop says he can't send a squad car over. She slams the phone down, picks up her gun, cocks it, takes off the safety and quickly yanks the curtain wide open. Pointing the gun at his face through the glass, she screams "Get off my f*ckin' porch or I'll blow yer f*ckin' head off."
He raises his gloved hands and quickly jumps off the porch and begins running. As he does, he is waving away someone across the street.
Cops are useless. The 2nd Amendment fills in for them.
I love stories like this. Women empowered with a weapon for self defense. Some women haven't been so lucky and didn't have a firearm. And the police were just as apathetic. I don't own a gun but sometimes think all women should. At least women who feel threatened in any way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 min PEllen 102,475
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,747
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 37 min GEORGIA 2,697
Word (Dec '08) 38 min GEORGIA 6,416
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min GEORGIA 8,887
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr tina anne 60,095
Bring these 2 Iranians into illinois for a rewa... 1 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages