Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419754 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#917726 Jun 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is disgusting. Trayvon was a troubled teen and, no matter the outcome of the trial, it is a tragedy that he was killed. It's not a joke.
says the broad who is all for aborting black children-feminists like you should just consider Trayvon was aborted at 17-you will find comfort in that.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917727 Jun 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush lied & said we were attacked because of our love for freedom.
That was a boldfaced lie.
In 1998, they were ready top get Sadam replaced, not invade.
You are just easily bamboozled.

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/105/hr4...

SEC. 3. SENSE OF THE CONGRESS REGARDING UNITED STATES POLICY TOWARD IRAQ.

It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.

...They were ready not only to take out Saddam but promote a democratic government to replace that regime.

Which is what Bush did because they chickened out.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#917728 Jun 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Thge Repugnants want to eliminate them, you're still a moron.
Funny how in all these years, all you have is Ryan's budget, which would decimate Medicare.
Elimination is reform?? You are crazy!!
Nuculur did you get your response from Chris Matthews sure sounds like It!!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#917729 Jun 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how in all these years, all you have is Ryan's budget, which would decimate Medicare.
The economy sucks, unemployment is high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is Gestapo, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal and Fascist democrats, and Obama is responsible you nutscase...

AND... Your addiction and obsession to dumbass nuculur is an ardent never ending interest of your pursuit you idiot... I wish someone had an answer to your deranged addiction to complete moron.

It's the culture..

Orlando, FL

#917730 Jun 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
OBAMA MAY SIGN U.N. GUN GRAB TREATY TOMORROW
Jun 2, 2013
Excerpted from The Hill: President Obama is hesitant to sign an international arms trade treaty opposed by the National Rifle Association, according to advocates for the pact.
She said she thinks Obama will still eventually sign the treaty, which his administration supports, but that she “wouldn't be surprised” if he waited to sign “under the cover of darkness in August.”
http://patdollard.com/2013/06/obama-may-sign-...
Doesn't he always abuse his power under the cover of darkness?

(By the way, thanks for that very nice compliment last night.)

Orlando, FL

#917731 Jun 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been established that....
In other words, I said it myself numerous times.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917732 Jun 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
NOR in "our" government! Commonsense :)
``````````
IRS Spent $50 Million On Conferences In Two Years, Including Staying In Pricey Presidential Suites
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/02/irs-spends...
WHERE does this tragedy/comedy END?
Republicans only need to stop the sequester by passing Obama's budget.

Prevented this

#917733 Jun 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
China Is Reaping Biggest Benefits of Iraq Oil Boom
“We lost out,” said Michael Makovsky, a former Defense Department official in the Bush administration who worked on Iraq oil policy.“The Chinese had nothing to do with the war, but from an economic standpoint they are benefiting from it, and our Fifth Fleet and air forces are helping to assure their supply.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/world/middl...
so if you use right wing leap of faith reasoning: you folks who voted for Bush were supporting communism.
way to go comrade.
You mean liberals lied? there was no blood for oil? well I never.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917734 Jun 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
OBAMA MAY SIGN U.N. GUN GRAB TREATY TOMORROW
Jun 2, 2013
Excerpted from The Hill: President Obama is hesitant to sign an international arms trade treaty opposed by the National Rifle Association, according to advocates for the pact.
She said she thinks Obama will still eventually sign the treaty, which his administration supports, but that she “wouldn't be surprised” if he waited to sign “under the cover of darkness in August.”
http://patdollard.com/2013/06/obama-may-sign-...
Obama's signature on this treaty is meaningless because the treaty is DOA in the US Senate.

Of course, we will hear about violations of this unratified treaty from the leftwingers for years.

Prevented this

#917735 Jun 3, 2013
Two-Thirds of Americans Don't Know If They Will Insure Under Obamacare-LOL-that should put the nail in the coffin.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#917736 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't he always abuse his power under the cover of darkness?
(By the way, thanks for that very nice compliment last night.)
Yes. He declined for now, gonna wait till August ...

Patdollard.com
Obama Declines To Sign Arms Treaty At U.N. Ceremony, Insider Predictions Of Signature In 'Very Near Future' And 'August' Still In Play
http://bit.ly/15vrkaU

You are very welcome on last night :)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917737 Jun 3, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Wisconsin's Scott Walker must be the worst jobs Governor. Recall Walker!'Wisconsin Bill Would Let Government Access Bank Accounts Of Those On Unemployment Benefits' "We all know much conservatives hate the idea of government intrusion into our personal lives (well, except for controlling who we marry, what or even if we worship, and what we choose to do with our uteri) and how much more they hate the government getting its thieving hands on our money, the almighty dollar being the patron saint of conservatism.
Well, as you might expect, there are even exceptions to that last one. When you’re jobless and receiving benefits, it seems anything goes if you live in Scott “Limited Government” Walker’s Wisconsin.
A bill making its way through the state Legislature would allow government officials access to the bank accounts of the unemployed to recover overpayments, penalize those trying to update their skills and improve job prospects with training, and punish jobless people who have been already victimized by identity theft, if unauthorized parties are able to fraudulently access benefits." http://www.nationalmemo.com/wisconsin-bill-wo...
The unemployment rate in Wisconsin is 7.1%, below the national average.

Fraudulent unemployment claims and disability claims are a national problem.

Orlando, FL

#917738 Jun 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney used the word "reform" over and over again during the 2012 campaign. Repubs even came up with a plan where wealthy seniors could choose and opt out and pay their own way. The Democrats could have at least considered it and added their own input. But they decided to reject it without any further discussion. Reid wouldn't even allow it a vote in the Senate.

They wanted to increase spending instead.

You probably just forgot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917739 Jun 3, 2013
<quoted text> Republicans only need to stop the sequester by passing Obama's budget.
Never happen.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#917740 Jun 3, 2013
Rightwingers cheering the death of Sen. Lautenberg?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#917741 Jun 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that Zimmerman was acting illegally.
Neighborhood Watch Personnel are advised to NEVER carry a gun.
Zimmerman was a vigilante. He'll get life for it.
""“In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket,” Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens’ Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio.“Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon.”
Despite this, Zimmerman admitted that he had fired a weapon on the night of the incident. In addition, the non-emergency call Zimmerman placed on February 26 before the shooting revealed he had been pursuing Martin by car before accosting the youth on foot — all direct violations of Neighborhood Watch policies.""
----------
Funny a follower of Satan, like you, would claim to be a Christian.
He was NOT on DUTY when this happened!
He was going to the store himself and saw this kid lurking!
He has a CCW ...
He was told to call "dispatch" when this happens.
They had several burglaries in recent months.

Someone lurking, in the dark and rainy night looked suspicious.

He had EVERY right to DO what he did.

I 'am' a Christian.
``````````

“I am a Christian”

When I say,“I am a Christian”
I’m not shouting,“I've been saved!”
I’m whispering,“I get lost sometimes
That’s why I chose this way”

I don’t speak with human pride
I’m confessing that I stumble -
needing God to be my guide

I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak
and pray for strength to carry on

I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I've failed
and cannot ever pay the debt

I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
asking humbly to be taught

I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible
but God believes I’m worth it

I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache
which is why I seek God’s name

I do not wish to judge
I have no authority
I only know I’m loved

Copyright 1988 Carol Wimmer

Prevented this

#917742 Jun 3, 2013
<quoted text> Wisconsin's Scott Walker must be the worst jobs Governor. Recall Walker!'Wisconsin Bill Would Let Government Access Bank Accounts Of Those On Unemployment Benefits' "We all know much conservatives hate the idea of government intrusion into our personal lives (well, except for controlling who we marry, what or even if we worship, and what we choose to do with our uteri) and how much more they hate the government getting its thieving hands on our money, the almighty dollar being the patron saint of conservatism.
Well, as you might expect, there are even exceptions to that last one. When you’re jobless and receiving benefits, it seems anything goes if you live in Scott “Limited Government” Walker’s Wisconsin.
A bill making its way through the state Legislature would allow government officials access to the bank accounts of the unemployed to recover overpayments, penalize those trying to update their skills and improve job prospects with training, and punish jobless people who have been already victimized by identity theft, if unauthorized parties are able to fraudulently access benefits." http://www.nationalmemo.com/wisconsin-bill-wo...
We are trying to get dead-beats to move to Illinois. That is what happened when Welfare Reform was put into place by Gov. Thompson. The deadbeats didn't want to work for welfare, they didn't want to be trained for a job-so they moved to Illinois where there was a never ending stream of welfare. 20 some years later, they are still on it. But they are not on it in Wisconsin. Notice in the bill also that they will not be able to collect SSDI and Unemployment, well duh-but the last governor who was a democrat let these people collect it all--they were making almost 1 and 2/3 times the amount they were making while working. It is disgusting what people do.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#917743 Jun 3, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are enjoying it, sowbelly. I just slopped the trough for you; wallow on over...
Are you looking for your colostomy bag feed son?

Sorry. I'll get that for you....

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#917744 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney used the word "reform" over and over again during the 2012 campaign. Repubs even came up with a plan where wealthy seniors could choose and opt out and pay their own way. The Democrats could have at least considered it and added their own input. But they decided to reject it without any further discussion. Reid wouldn't even allow it a vote in the Senate.
They wanted to increase spending instead.
You probably just forgot.
The voucher system was a poison pill from day 1.

A wealthy person is not forced to use Medicare now.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#917745 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do need to find a pin and pop that bubble of denial.
I'm beginning to think you're just pulling our collective leg. No one could not see what you pretend not to see.
lol! Talk about a double standard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min Ize Found 70,959
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min District 1 222,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Actual Science 61,068
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 16 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 16 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages