Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232935 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Florida

Seminole, FL

#917070 Jun 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Got yourself a new bff pal???
ROFLMAO
You two clowns deserve each other.
Deltona is kkk and racist...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917071 Jun 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm missing something in all the talk of vets with PTSD.
If the syndrome was diagnosed by the VA it would not appear on a routine gun shop background check. If it was diagnosed by a family doctor or psychiatrist, it would not appear on a routine background check.
It would appear on a routine background check if it was somehow relative to an arrest-criminal action-court action-certain disability claims etc.
For every veteran with a formal diagnosis of PTSD from the VA, there are probably several others that show some symptoms.

Regardless, they should not be punished for their service unless it results in some criminal activity. That includes profiling veterans.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#917072 Jun 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Improving outcomes - thanks to the ACA.
The democrat talking heads are saying that the IRS were just a bunch of idiots, they were so over whelmed with 60 thousand applications--and yet you think they are smart enough to deal with over 320 million people. ROTFLMAO. The democrats are already trying to figure out how NOT to instill O'bamacarenottax before the 2014 elections.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917073 Jun 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Absentee voting is one of the top places for voter fraud. Something requiring a photo ID at the poll does not stop.
Thank you for pointing out that absentee voting is an invitation to fraud.

Prevented this

#917074 Jun 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reuters has obtained part of a yet to be released report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) that confirms that the IRS was targeting groups on the left and right who focused their activities on advocating for expanding or limiting of the size of the government. The report also states that the screening process was not influenced by the Obama administration, and that none of the groups screened were denied tax exempt status.
Without the claims of a partisan witch hunt against conservative groups, this latest Republican fueled Obama scandal is set to lose all of its sizzle.
The real reason why Republicans are desperately trying to drum up a scandal here is because they don’t want the IRS forcing their dark money groups to pay taxes. The IRS is threatening their Citizens United fueled political slush fund, and Republicans want it to stop. Republicans are trying to bully the IRS into backing off.
It turns out that Obama isn’t Richard Nixon after all. He wasn’t using the IRS to attack his enemies. In their own bungling way, the IRS was trying to deal with the problems caused by the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision. First, Benghazi crashes and burns, and now the IRS scandal could be fading fast.
Republicans will pull from their usual “Obama scandal” playbook and hold lots of hearings, but thing looks to be on the fast track to nowhere. Congressional Republicans will try their best, but the IRS “scandal” could backfire and end up making the case for why we need to get rid of Citizens United ASAP.
http://www.politicususa.com/gop-scandal-falls...
Former IRS chief Doug Shulman’s wife works with a liberal lobbying group, Public Campaign, where she is the senior program advisor. Public Campaign is an “organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.”

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917075 Jun 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
In five years of posting do you think you have changed one person?
Look up the term counterproductive.
Do your post assist the Democrats?
Think about it.
Peace
Sorry, Lincoln, but in five years, you'll be as clueless as you are now.

Thankfully, you belong in the minority who believe this administration can bully Americans into submission.

This president demands obedience and adoration. And "punishes his enemies". As narcissist leaders do.

But that went right over your head. Am I right?

Orlando, FL

#917076 Jun 2, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I do believe the record is held by Nixon, who not only used gov't agencies, but authorized illegal break-in of Democratic headquarters and homes
<quoted text>
Blatant lie. While all presidents usually clean house of all U.S. Attorneys upon taking office in their first administration, very few fire any U.S. attorneys at the start of their second administration.
the issue isn't about firing U.S Attorneys at the start of their 1st administration, never has been. let's actually stick to the issue. It has to do with firing U.S. Attorneys that the President has put in place and the reason for their firing.
so how many U.S. Attorneys did Clinton fire at the start of his 2nd term?
add to that that the Inspector General's investigation revealed that the U.S. attorney's fired by Bush were fired because they refused to investigate democratic candidates just before an election, with no evidence of wrong doing
<quoted text>
Its been proven that the intel provided to Congressional Democrats had been "Vetted" by Cheney and Scooter (Libby-who actually set up an office in the Pentagon) and had qualifiers removed. Other intel, such as a DOE report on those aluminum tubes stating they weren't strong enough to be utilize in uranium enriching centerfuges, or reports from military NBC chemical experts stating that if Saddam did in fact have any chemical weapons left over from Gulf War I they would be inert/useless due to age.
The French, German, Russian and even MI6 knew Saddam didn't have any WMD's and repeatedly told us....only those reports weren't included.
<quoted text>
The number of scandals hasn't been determined yet, as the investigations aren't over, no less the trial.
Its been proven that the intel provided to Congressional Democrats had been "Vetted" by Cheney and Scooter?

You'll believe anything, won't you?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917077 Jun 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol is proven to require more energy to produce than it provides.
Solar is extremely geographically limited and available only on sunny days.
Wind also has geographical limitations and many days are calm.
So, do you want reliable power, 27/7/365, or not?
Oil's EROI has dropped precipitously in a brief span of time(last 30 years)of over-development and proved to be unreliable and fatal to planetary health and climate stability and you still want us to accept it as our primary source of energy ?

Prevented this

#917078 Jun 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the Benghazi Hearings Are Likely to Be a Bust
But as has been the case since he first assumed office, President Obama continues to earn better marks on foreign policy than he gets for handling the economy. The latest numbers show that 47 percent give the president good marks on national security, while only 33 percent rate his performance as poor.
With the public largely tuning out foreign policy topics, it will take some pretty spectacular revelations to change those perceptions. Until that happens, it's likely that economic issues and the president's health care law will be the driving issues of the 2014 elections.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
no one cares about Benghazi beyond the perpetually scandal disappointed FOX talking heads and their zombie FOXbots.
Even the democrats are saying O'bama's foreign policy is a bust. The world is laughing at O'bama Hussein Bayrock-and why not-he is a loser. Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy....right beside Wimpy is a full spread of the O'bama.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917079 Jun 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Former IRS chief Doug Shulman’s wife works with a liberal lobbying group, Public Campaign, where she is the senior program advisor. Public Campaign is an “organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.”
And Doug Shulmin is a Republican . So what?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#917080 Jun 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for pointing out that absentee voting is an invitation to fraud.
I said no such thing.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#917081 Jun 2, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the source of every single instance of erosion of the Constitution and disregard for American rights.
Freedom is under assault. Obama was taught to hate all that stands for America, both by his nitwit of a mother and his gay communist mentor in Hawaii. Have you read his autobiographical book? No you haven't...
AND... The Internal Revenue Service is an organization of bureaucrats, taking orders from above. Anti-Americanism and Fascism is rampant among you You pork puffers on the left, and Obama has the same mentality..
It's the culture....
gee so you think
kidnapping, imprisoning without a trial and torturing U.S. Citizens isn't a gross erosion of our constitutional rights?

that warrant less wiretaps isn't a gross erosion of our constitutional rights

that authorizing torture of prisoners isn't against our Constitution

so when Bush authorized the IRS to audit Greenpeace and the NAACP it was okay.

Tell me which do you think is more likely to come from the oval office

a. The IRS targets the NAACP and Greenpeace nationally
or
b. The Cinnicinati office of the IRS targets teaparty groupd applying for a common loop hole for groups to get tax exempt status.

Would it make sense that if b. came from the oval office, it would have occurred nationally?

Orlando, FL

#917082 Jun 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Carol,
Orlando has changed politically in the last decade.
Have you adjusted?
A lot of us have had to do a lot of "adjusting" the past four years.

Hopefully, you'll have to do the "adjusting" next time around.

Democrats up for reelection are doing the most "adjusting".

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#917083 Jun 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The "judge" is trying to portray Trayvon as a saintly child in order to railroad Zimmerman.
Let's hope the jury has more sense.
But if the jury is majority black, Zimmerman is finished.
I have to admit, I don't understand this "judge". His ruling that attorneys will not be allowed to mention Trayvon Martin’s drug use, suspension from school and past fighting during opening statements at the trial seems one sided. It is my hope that Zimmerman's attorney's will be able to show the "relevance" of Trayvon's past during the trial which will allow them to disclose his past. If not, I believe that should Zimmerman be found guilty, the justification for the verdict will be forever questioned or we will see an appeal based on the judge's ruling.

Of course, I disagree with your racist comment about the black jurors. They are just as capable of setting their predjudices aside as are whites. Using your logic, if the majority on the jury is white then Zimmerman is a free man. That's a sad commentary on where you believe America stands today.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917084 Jun 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Former IRS chief Doug Shulman’s wife works with a liberal lobbying group, Public Campaign, where she is the senior program advisor. Public Campaign is an “organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.”
and?

you'll have to lead me down the leap of faith path. i'm not a right wing nutjob/FOXbot so i'm not sure how someone can't see that special interest money isn't just a GOP problem.
Lincoln

United States

#917085 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Lincoln, but in five years, you'll be as clueless as you are now.
Thankfully, you belong in the minority who believe this administration can bully Americans into submission.
This president demands obedience and adoration. And "punishes his enemies". As narcissist leaders do.
But that went right over your head. Am I right?
Your posts helped Romney receive 47%
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917086 Jun 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Even the democrats are saying O'bama's foreign policy is a bust. The world is laughing at O'bama Hussein Bayrock-and why not-he is a loser. Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy....right beside Wimpy is a full spread of the O'bama.
even the democrats?

find me one poll to back it up.

i'll say again....i'm not a right wing nutjob/FOXbot. just because you say it doesn't mean i'm going to be as gullible as carol.
Lincoln

United States

#917087 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of us have had to do a lot of "adjusting" the past four years.
Hopefully, you'll have to do the "adjusting" next time around.
Democrats up for reelection are doing the most "adjusting".
Not what I meant!
Orlando is Latino.
Are you on a government teachers pension?
You had thirty years in the system or twenty?
Peace

Orlando, FL

#917088 Jun 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>And Doug Shulmin is a Republican . So what?
Shulman donated money to the Democratic Party before the 2004 election.

That wouldn't make him a very loyal Republican, would it?

He was appointed in 2008.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#917089 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been proven that the intel provided to Congressional Democrats had been "Vetted" by Cheney and Scooter?
You'll believe anything, won't you?
yes, when it comes from the Inspector General's report and from intel analysts themselves and the people involved

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-1527749...

When no weapons of mass destruction surfaced in Iraq, President Bush insisted that all those WMD claims before the war were the result of faulty intelligence. But a former top CIA official, Tyler Drumheller — a 26-year veteran of the agency — has decided to do something CIA officials at his level almost never do: Speak out.

He tells correspondent Ed Bradley the real failure was not in the intelligence community but in the White House. He says he saw how the Bush administration, time and again, welcomed intelligence that fit the president's determination to go to war and turned a blind eye to intelligence that did not.

"It just sticks in my craw every time I hear them say it's an intelligence failure. It's an intelligence failure. This was a policy failure," Drumheller tells Bradley.

Drumheller was the CIA's top man in Europe, the head of covert operations there, until he retired a year ago. He says he saw firsthand how the White House promoted intelligence it liked and ignored intelligence it didn't:

"The idea of going after Iraq was U.S. policy. It was going to happen one way or the other," says Drumheller.

http://www.today.com/id/26030573/ns/today-tod...

President Bush committed an impeachable offense by ordering the CIA to to manufacture a false pretense for the Iraq war in the form of a backdated, handwritten document linking Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda, an explosive new book claims.

The charge is made in “The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism” by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ron Suskind, released today.

Suskind says he spoke on the record with U.S. intelligence officials who stated that Bush was informed unequivocally in January 2003 that Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction. Nonetheless, his book relates, Bush decided to invade Iraq three months later — with the forged letter from the head of Iraqi intelligence to Saddam bolstering the U.S. rationale to go into war.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB254...

PR Push for Iraq War Preceded Intelligence Findings

"White Paper" Drafted before NIE even Requested

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 254

Washington D.C., August 22, 2008 - The U.S. intelligence community buckled sooner in 2002 than previously reported to Bush administration pressure for data justifying an invasion of Iraq, according to a documents posting on the Web today by National Security Archive senior fellow John Prados.

The documents suggest that the public relations push for war came before the intelligence analysis, which then conformed to public positions taken by Pentagon and White House officials. For example, a July 2002 draft of the "White Paper" ultimately issued by the CIA in October 2002 actually pre-dated the National Intelligence Estimate that the paper purportedly summarized, but which Congress did not insist on until September 2002.

A similar comparison between a declassified draft and the final version of the British government's "White Paper" on Iraq weapons of mass destruction adds to evidence that the two nations colluded in the effort to build public support for the invasion of Iraq. Dr. Prados concludes that the new evidence tends to support charges raised by former White House press secretary Scott McClellan and by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in its long-delayed June 2008 "Phase II" report on politicization of intelligence.

shall I go on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min red and right 189,890
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a 2 hr Local Chicago 1
Affidavit: White House birth certificate is a F... 2 hr JustTheFACTS 1
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 3 hr Lexus1985 425
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr Lexus1985 407
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IBdaMann 53,520
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]