Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549634 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#917666 Jun 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid shoulda been in the neighborhood he lived in, attending school with the other kids on a normal daily basis.
Sad situation, wrong place, wrong time, in trouble found looking for trouble.
Only in right whiner world does visiting your father grounds for homicide.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917668 Jun 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is repeat the same crap Carol despite the fact that each of your points has been shot down on numerous occasions. You don't even try to argue a new angle. No Carol we're not looking the other way, we're looking at these things through the lens of fact and logic while you and your ilk are looking through the distorting lens of irrational hatred.
You really do need to find a pin and pop that bubble of denial.

I'm beginning to think you're just pulling our collective leg. No one could not see what you pretend not to see.
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#917670 Jun 3, 2013
Dems’ war on women
Here in New York, we’ve got a long list of prominent Democrats who’ve variously abused women. Weiner and Lopez are just two of many in this reprehensible crew.

Years earlier, Democrat Sheldon Silver had similarly tried to protect his aide Michael Boxley from allegations of rape.

Boxley, as it happens, is now back in Albany — as a lobbyist.

The unrepentant Lopez (re-elected last year despite the harassment scandal) quit before he could be expelled from the Assembly. But he’s opted to forgo the obligatory period of phony contrition and run for a City Council seat. He may well prevail.

Yet Weiner and Lopez had some reason to think they could get away with their behavior. CONSIDER HOW THEIR PARTY AND MUCH OF THE MEDIA TREATED OTHER POWERFUL WOMEN-ABUSERS.

In feminist theory, a man in a power position who uses his status to take sexual advantage of a subordinate is guilty of sexual harassment and, generally, of being a sexist pig.

A textbook example would be a president of the United States obtaining sexual favors (in the Oval Office, no less) from a female intern less than half his age.

Yet DEMOCRATIC LEADERS AND THE MEDIA TREAT FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON AS A REVERED ELDER STATESMAN RATHER THAN AS THE DIRTY OLD MAN HE IS.

(Then again, THE SAME DEMS IDOLIZED TEDDY-DROWN-THE-DATE- KENNEDY, THE “LION” OF THE SENATE” who really should have been called The Lying Snake of the Senate.)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#917671 Jun 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in right whiner world does visiting your father grounds for homicide.
Speak English much, Meathead?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#917672 Jun 3, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are enjoying it, sowbelly. I just slopped the trough for you; wallow on over...
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#917673 Jun 3, 2013
Dems’ war on women

Then there is Eliot Spitzer, a hypocritical egomaniac of gargantuan proportion — and also considering a political comeback. As state attorney general, he prosecuted prostitution rings of the same type he would later be found to have used himself.

As governor, he signed into law an anti-human trafficking law with the goal of punishing criminals who forced women into prostitution. The law even — get this — increased the penalties for men who patronized prostitutes.

Meanwhile, Spitzer treated young woman as sex toys. According to press reports, he may have spent upward of $80,000 on multiple trysts with high-priced call girls, committing both federal and state crimes.

After a brief period of trying to weather the story, he resigned in much-deserved disgrace.

But he still shows no shame:

DURING LAST YEAR’S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, SPITZER PROCLAIMED HE FEARED FOR THE FUTURE OF HIS DAUGHTERS IF PRO-LIFER RICK SANTORUM WERE ELECTED PRESIDENT. IF ONLY HE HAD SHOWN AS MUCH CONCERN FOR OTHER PARENTS’ DAUGHTERS BEFORE HE DECIDED TO RENT YOUNG WOMEN’S BODIES WITH A PORTION OF HIS VAST FORTUNE.

Consider: How many impoverished lives could Spitzer have improved if he’d donated those tens of thousands of dollars to charity rather than to hooker rings?
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#917674 Jun 3, 2013
Dems' War on Women

In the dogmatic world of progressive ideology, a liberal politician can be forgiven for the serial abuse of women-- as long as he pays homage-- to a virtually unfettered “right” to an abortion, preferably paid for with taxpayer dollars.

As a result, the Democrats’ War on Women continues, with Generals Weiner, Lopez, Silver, Clinton and Spitzer leading the way.

And the lame stream, liberal biased media will continue to help by taking meanings out of context, such as when Romney spoke about a "binder of women." if that binder held photos of female aborted fetuses, the media would have LOVED HIM.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#917676 Jun 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in right whiner world does visiting your father grounds for homicide.
Only in left whiner world does posting a comment expose what a moron Dumb Dave is.

Judged:

12

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917678 Jun 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing Carol, Clinton didn't "fire" any federal attorneys. Their terms were expired and they simply weren't renewed. This happened at the beginning of Clinton's term. Bushes wholesale canning of his prosecutors took place well into his term and they were let go because they were sent on a wild goose chase to find massive voter fraud and they didn't find any.
And no Carol, congress did not get the same intelligence that the White House had. A prime example was the infamous aluminum tubes that the Bush administration claimed as proof of Saddam's nuclear program. Congress did not get the dissenting views of nuclear scientists that they were in fact the wrong size and configuration for that purpose and were later determined to be for artillery rockets.
It's already been established Bush fired 7 U.S. Attorneys that he, himself, hired midterm. But in light of the much more serious accusations surrounding this president that could lead to his doorstep, Bush's presidential "transgression" pales in comparison.

Did Bush lie to us and the rest of the world about a terrorist attack on 9/11 to get reelected?

What if he had?

Did Bush create a climate of "us versus them" and the IRS punish the "them" on his behalf?

What if he had?

Did Bush's Attorney General confiscate journalists emails and phone records illegally and incite a sense of uneasiness among the entire media?

What if he had?

If Obama had only fired seven of his own U.S. Attorneys midterm, no one would have blinked an eye.

Congressional Democrats - down to the very last one - were ready to take out Saddam in 1998. Why would they think he was no longer a threat after 9/11 when he was so noncompliant with the inspectors and managed to bamboozle them?

Are Democrats that easily bamboozled?

Let it go.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#917680 Jun 3, 2013
Frank Lautenberg Dead: New Jersey Democrat Senator Dies At 89--89? WTH.
Gov Christie will appoint new senator.

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#917681 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been established Bush fired 7 U.S. Attorneys that he, himself, hired midterm. But in light of the much more serious accusations surrounding this president that could lead to his doorstep, Bush's presidential "transgression" pales in comparison.
Did Bush lie to us and the rest of the world about a terrorist attack on 9/11 to get reelected?
What if he had?
Did Bush create a climate of "us versus them" and the IRS punish the "them" on his behalf?
What if he had?
Did Bush's Attorney General confiscate journalists emails and phone records illegally and incite a sense of uneasiness among the entire media?
What if he had?
If Obama had only fired seven of his own U.S. Attorneys midterm, no one would have blinked an eye.
Congressional Democrats - down to the very last one - were ready to take out Saddam in 1998. Why would they think he was no longer a threat after 9/11 when he was so noncompliant with the inspectors and managed to bamboozle them?
Are Democrats that easily bamboozled?
Let it go.
Bush lied & said we were attacked because of our love for freedom.

That was a boldfaced lie.

In 1998, they were ready top get Sadam replaced, not invade.

Judged:

13

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#917682 Jun 3, 2013
This man has been wrong most of his Life on the Issues but I’m saddened by the news: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D) Dead at 89! I wish his family the best during this time!!

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#917683 Jun 3, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
In short you retard, you are happy chasing your tail in the imaginary world your Republican handlers have created for you. There isn't a shred of evidence to connect the White House to any of these foul ups. At least it keeps you morons busy at your computers and off the streets.
The economy sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is NAZI, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal and Fascist democrats, and Obama is responsible...

Obama bin Lying doesn't know what the hell is going on anyway. Or so he claims. The Obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching the IRS and your ignorance in action you idiot...

Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future for obama you idiot. You have nothing and will always having nothing but idiot.

You Palm Beach idiots are morons you dumbass.. LMFAO...

It's the culture...

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#917684 Jun 3, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The economy sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is NAZI, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal and Fascist democrats, and Obama is responsible...
Obama bin Lying doesn't know what the hell is going on anyway. Or so he claims. The Obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching the IRS and your ignorance in action you idiot...
Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future for obama you idiot. You have nothing and will always having nothing but idiot.
You Palm Beach idiots are morons you dumbass.. LMFAO...
It's the culture...
What part of the economy sucks? Inflation? Interest rates? Housing? Stock market? 401k's? Jobs? Social Security?
What planet are you on?

Judged:

13

13

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#917685 Jun 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the unproven assumption that Saint Trayvon did not commit the assault.
The recorded evidence that American LAdy posted proved that Zimmerman was pursuing Trayvon. Per Zimmerman himself.

If Trayvon turned to confront his stalker, it was Trayvon who was protected by 'stand your ground', you nitwit.

Zimmerman was the attacker, but he misunderestimated the 17 year old.

Typical of racist punks..........like you.

Funny how you racists ignore the evidence and make up stories.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917686 Jun 3, 2013
Gangstas run wild in Bloomerberg City

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people...

Judged:

12

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#917687 Jun 3, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the economy sucks? Inflation? Interest rates? Housing? Stock market? 401k's? Jobs? Social Security?
What planet are you on?
Barack Obama is the worst jobs president since the Great Depression.

Young graduates are in debt, out of work and on their parents’ couches. People in their 30s and 40s can’t afford to buy homes or have children. Retirees are earning near-zero interest on their savings.

The economy sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is Gestapo, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal and Fascist democrats, and Obama is responsible...

AND... Your addiction and obsession for dumbass is an ardent interest of your pursuit you idiot... I wish someone had an answer to your deranged addiction to fool.

It's the culture..

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#917688 Jun 3, 2013
BAGHDAD — Since the American-led invasion of 2003, Iraq has become one of the world’s top oil producers, and China is now its biggest customer.

China already buys nearly half the oil that Iraq produces, nearly 1.5 million barrels a day, and is angling for an even bigger share, bidding for a stake now owned by Exxon Mobil in one of Iraq’s largest oil fields.

“The Chinese are the biggest beneficiary of this post-Saddam oil boom in Iraq,” said Denise Natali, a Middle East expert at the National Defense University in Washington.“They need energy, and they want to get into the market

Before the invasion, Iraq’s oil industry was sputtering, largely walled off from world markets by international sanctions against the government of Saddam Hussein, so his overthrow always carried the promise of renewed access to the country’s immense reserves. Chinese state-owned companies seized the opportunity, pouring more than $2 billion a year and hundreds of workers into Iraq, and just as important, showing a willingness to play by the new Iraqi government’s rules and to accept lower profits to win contracts.

“We lost out,” said Michael Makovsky, a former Defense Department official in the Bush administration who worked on Iraq oil policy.“The Chinese had nothing to do with the war, but from an economic standpoint they are benefiting from it, and our Fifth Fleet and air forces are helping to assure their supply.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/world/middl...

Judged:

13

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#917689 Jun 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Frank Lautenberg Dead: New Jersey Democrat Senator Dies At 89--89? WTH.
Gov Christie will appoint new senator.
Lautenberg assumed room temperature years ago.

His staff just admitted to it today.

If Christie fails to nominate a solid Republican who will run for reelection, it's strike three for the Governor.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#917691 Jun 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been established Bush fired 7 U.S. Attorneys that he, himself, hired midterm. But in light of the much more serious accusations surrounding this president that could lead to his doorstep, Bush's presidential "transgression" pales in comparison.
Did Bush lie to us and the rest of the world about a terrorist attack on 9/11 to get reelected?
What if he had?
Did Bush create a climate of "us versus them" and the IRS punish the "them" on his behalf?
What if he had?
Did Bush's Attorney General confiscate journalists emails and phone records illegally and incite a sense of uneasiness among the entire media?
What if he had?
If Obama had only fired seven of his own U.S. Attorneys midterm, no one would have blinked an eye.
Congressional Democrats - down to the very last one - were ready to take out Saddam in 1998. Why would they think he was no longer a threat after 9/11 when he was so noncompliant with the inspectors and managed to bamboozle them?
Are Democrats that easily bamboozled?
Let it go.
It's already been established that....

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 23 min They cannot kill ... 2,552
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Joe Balls 241,681
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 2 hr NOT McVeigh alone 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr RACE 10,856
Spanx-they're for me. 10 hr Spanx ME 2
Black Humor. NO not that black. 10 hr GenePoolDead 5
America should let all immigrants in, why not? 10 hr Rooster panties 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages