Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
841,561 - 841,580 of 1,084,111 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The appropriate category is "don't watch" Matthews or Stewie Leibowitz, preferring factual news over comedy.
So, why do you continue watching comic 'news' skanks like Megyn Kelly and Ann Coulter?
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
GOPidiots/Frightwingers, the child molester teacher wannabe, raise her ugly head again.
Take a hike, you filthy pervert.
GOP idiots is lily.. Ping..Ping..Ping... Palm Beach county a cesspool of ignorance...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Obamacare specifically prohibits discrimination based on sexual , or political affiliation .
Obama has no regard for the Constitution or US law.

Bet Obamacare law doesn't prohibit discrimination based on political affiliation.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Ok Florida people. Right on cue a topical wave has developed in th lower Gulf of Mexico. Could be something to watch by mid-week.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read your article?
"Obama has called on Congress to pass a "media shield" law, which would enshrine extra protection for journalists acting in the public interest." Seems to me, that is exactly the President Obama people voted for. Or perhaps you would prefer Obama follow Bush's example by sitting back and doing nothing while protecting Holder through use of "executive privilege"?
you don't know how to figure out 'context' EITHER, do you?
SAME problem ALL OVER these libTARD boards!:)

But this week was one head-shaking moment too many for me, and it appears from the president's sinking approval rating that others – including some who gave Obama a real chance – are with me. As a registered Republican, I thought long and hard about whether to vote for Obama, but I crossed party lines, as did many of my young peers. I wanted a more transparent and accountable government. I wanted America to make a very different statement after the Bush years.

Yet even setting aside Benghazi and the IRS conservative targeting ordeal, which is a big set aside considering reports now suggest that officials in Washington were very much involved, there's still plenty that makes Obama's presidency eerily reminiscent of the Bush administration, especially when it comes to these "trust us, this is in the name of national security" kind of statements.

Huh? The government just had to seize the phone records of 20 Associated Press phone lines, including on in the agency's Congress bureau, and not tell anyone about it for what appears to be weeks. This was supposedly done because of a leak about a failed al-Qaida plot in Yemen on the anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death in 2012. But as the AP has stated, it held the article for several days before publication because of a government request, and CIA Director John Brennan later testified that there was no threat to the American people since the plot was foiled.

Keep in mind that candidate Obama opposed the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping of US citizen phones in the name of national security.

Something doesn't line up here, and the fact that no one in the Justice Department has been fired like the IRS acting commissioner suggests that the White House doesn't see anything wrong.

No, this isn't in the league of weapons of mass destruction that don't exist. But add the AP overreach to the Obama administration's stance on drones, inaction on Guantanamo and the continued push to expand military and intelligence powers and you get more of the same old White House power grabs.

This isn't the president so many took to the streets to cheer on in 2008. And the blame for that can't be placed solely on partisan politics or the media's thirst for a good scandal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/...

Is this just the Republicans looking for scandals that aren't there?

This latest spate of Washington scandals started with a distinctly partisan flavour, when Republicans pursued the former secretary of state Hillary Clinton for her role in the government's response to the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi last September. >>>But evidence from state department whistleblowers has given this and other alleged scandals fresh legs. Even Obama admits that the IRS attack on Tea Party groups crossed the line, while Holder's involvement in the pursuit of leaks received by Fox News and Associated Press is uniting media critics

on the left and right. <<<

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/30/a...

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you can fly without a photo ID.
My article agrees with me.
Angry conservatives refuse to accept inconvenient truths that shatter their make-believe world.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
More hate speech from the insane cretin, Nobraina.
Just as you can't yell "FIRE" in a crowed public venue if there is no fire,religious hate speech has landed many marginal Americans like you in prison.
----------
Supreme Court Case Law
"Some limits on expression were contemplated by the framers and have been read into the Constitution by SCOTUS. In 1942, Justice Frank Murphy summarized the case law as follows; "There are certain well-defined and limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise a Constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous and the insulting or “fighting” words – those which by their very utterances inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace."
LOL.. all you can do nitwit is cry and whine idiot and dumbass you look like a deranged idiot... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!
nuculur using his "I am a clown" defense...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Your addiction and obsession to idiot is an ardent interest of pursuit you idiot... I wish someone had an answer to your deranged addiction to reality you clown.
You with a hidden ISP location in Wethersfield, Connecticunt and on Comcast... between Silas Dean Hwy and Wells Road
nuculur still using his "I am a dumbass" defense... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!
It's the culture...
You're so stupid you don't even know Comcast does not serve Wethersfield!! DUH

Keep reaching, Ed. I know where your closet is. Soon I'll expose your entire lineup of socks.

Is it Edward or Edwin?? Seems you use both.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Yes, like 'Congressional "investigations" are not buried in red tape and bureaucracy' You just like a three-ring circus on the tax payers dime. Galt thinks that the more 'bread and circuses' will distract the people from private polluting corporations making a profit by killing the planet.
Any special prosecutor appointed by Obama cannot be trusted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Them people out in Oklahoma are getting their butts handed to them.
But they will recover much more rapidly than the slugs from New York and New Jersey, with much less complaining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So, why do you continue watching comic 'news' skanks like Megyn Kelly and Ann Coulter?
I must give Megyn credit for taking the sexist men of FOX apart, piece by piece, following their women hating discussion on FOX.

""America Live anchor Megyn Kelly tore into Fox News colleagues Erick Erickson and Lou Dobbs over sexist comments they made about a study finding an increase in women as higher earners in families.

In a widely criticized segment that aired May 29 on Fox Business' Lou Dobbs Tonight, Dobbs hosted an all-male panel to discuss a Pew study showing that a record number of women are becoming their families' primary breadwinner. During that conversation, Erickson said that "when you look at biology" the "male typically is the dominant role." In a follow-up post on his RedState.com website, Erickson claimed that children do best "in households where they have a mom at home nurturing them while dad is out bringing home the bacon."

On the May 31 edition of America Live, Kelly hosted Dobbs and Erickson to discuss their comments. After Kelly asked Erickson "what makes you dominant and me submissive and who made you scientist-in-chief," Erickson said "it doesn't have anything to do with submissiveness per se, and it was poorly constructed how I said it."

"Erickson's description of his comments is highly misleading, as Kelly pointed out by telling him "that's not exactly what you have been saying over the last couple of days." Both his Fox Business appearance and his blog on RedState stressed the "dominant role" that men play, with Erickson insisting he was supported by "biology" and "the natural world." Erickson even went so far as to accuse "feminist and emo lefties" of having "their panties in a wad over my statements."

Kelly also grilled Erickson about his claim that science backed up his view that heterosexual couples with a dominant male led to better outcomes in a child's life, noting that "there is data in the scientific community to suggest that children of homosexual couples who are happily married and are good parents fare no worse than children of heterosexual couples, and there is plenty of data to suggest that children of working moms, as opposed to stay-at-home moms, wind up just as healthy and able to thrive in society than the children of stay-at-home mothers."

Kelly later told Erickson that she was "offended" by his piece, and that he was attempting to hide the fact that he was judging people behind supposed "science," despite the fact that there is a "list of studies saying your science is wrong and your facts are wrong."

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs also appeared during the segment. When asked by Kelly whether he agreed with Erickson's comments, Dobbs said "what I would acknowledge immediately is that Erick is wrong about nature itself." This is at odds with his comments when Erickson appeared on his show two days earlier, when Dobbs called the study's findings evidence that "we're watching society dissolve around us."

----------

Greta Van Susteren did the same. Seems there's a War going on at FOX, between women anchors and male sexist anchors.

FOX just lost more women voters.

I'm lovin' it!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Under your definition of 'religion' and 'freedom of speech' then Joel Osteen and Pat Robertson 's 700 Club are public international terrorist enemies #1 and #2. Do you have a problem with that?
Osteen and Pat Robertson are Christians, not Muslim terrorists.

Christianity is a harmless diversion that comforts many people.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> And Galt is delusional. The West Texas fertilizer plant had a long history of safety and environmental violations--an accident ready to happen and it finally did with tragic consequences just like the sweatshop , clothing factory fire in Bangladesh. republicans are making America worse off than the poorest third world country.
Jean from Queens relies on her biases instead of facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The appropriate category is "don't watch" Matthews or Stewie Leibowitz, preferring factual news over comedy.
FOX is the chief competitor to Comedy Central. FOX comedy routines are invariably based on lies and half truths.

Jon Stewart has exposed more lies from FOX than anyone else.

Explains how 'diaper man' Nobraina can't tell the difference between comedy and factual news.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

They Are Coming For Your Water! Right now, learn this word: Mega-regions.

http://activist-post-forum.947009.n3.nabble.c...

The UN-Constitutional thus Unlawful EPA and Corps plan to seize control of all water

http://ppjg.me/2011/05/30/epa-and-corps-plan-...

http://www.libertyroundtable.com/2011/02/04/e...
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid you don't even know Comcast does not serve Wethersfield!! DUH
Keep reaching, Ed. I know where your closet is. Soon I'll expose your entire lineup of socks.
Is it Edward or Edwin?? Seems you use both.
Your addiction and obsession to stupid and ignorant is still an ardent interest of pursuit for you moron... I wish someone had an answer to your deranged dumbass??

The economy sucks, unemployment is high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is Gestapo, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama bin Lying is responsible...
AND... all you can do nitwit is whine and cry idiot cry and whine you dumbass and look like a deranged idiot Clown...

LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!! nuculur still using his "I am an idiot" defense...

It's the culture...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
<quoted text>GOP idiots is lily.. Ping..Ping..Ping... Palm Beach county a cesspool of ignorance...
It's the culture...
And Semenhole is a proxy location for Edwin W Johnson of Windsor, CT.

He put his stupidest sockpuppet there.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftwing politicians are responsible for diverting much of the food supply to producing ethanol.
Start by ending all ethanol subsidies.
Yes, that's if you call George W Bush a 'leftwing politician'. "The primary ethanol subsidy offered by the federal government is a tax incentive called the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2004. It took effect in 2005." Understanding the Ethanol Subsidy
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/a/...

Of course, you might have already joined the radical neoconservatives who have already tried to paint George W Bush as a 'naive RINO ' now after he came out in support of Obama's Immigration Reform bill.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Obama's woes flow out of big government philosophy

The latest problems with the IRS witch hunt, the seizure of phone records from The Associated Press, the conflicting Benghazi stories and disastrous attempts to enforce Obamacare may all seem unrelated, but they are not.

Each of these events is the direct byproduct of two central philosophies of the Obama administration -- the massive expansion of the size and power of the federal government and a lack of trust in the American people.

These scandals were bound to happen. In fact, it was inevitable, and there will be more. President Obama has grown the size, the scope, the debt and the power of the federal government to such irresponsible proportions that problems like these are an inevitable result.

Now we have not just big government, but big brother running big government.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/24/opinion/jindal-...

It's the culture...
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

IRS, AP and Benghazi Show the Failure of Obama's Big Government

Big Government Makes For Big Obama Screwups and More Waste...

The leadership failures and bureaucratic dysfunction exposed by the Internal Revenue Service scandal should be a wake up call to anybody who believes bigger government can solve this nation's problems.

How can an "impotent" bureaucracy with "poor management" and the IRS with its "capacity for incompetence and stupidity," as left-leaning commentators David Ignatius and Ruth Marcus both wrote in the Washington Post last week, possibly be trusted to take on the Obama's ambitious agenda?

If the IRS example teaches us anything, it's that giving an inefficient organization more responsibility makes it more likely to screw up, not better able to solve this nation's problems
Now we have not just BIG government, but BIG brother running BIG government.

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-31 6 min Kuuipo 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Learn to Read 175,160
Abby 7-31 14 min Kuuipo 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 29 min truth 1,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min RACE 97,585
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Audit 3,853
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info