Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916914 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes common sense to understand that veterans who suffer from post-tramatic stress disorder shouldn't be in possession of assault weapons. Only a low-information Con suffering with tunnel vision would consider that "bullshit" and unAmerican. Geez
Nice idea, but some veterans with PTSD are employed as police officers because of veteran preferences.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916915 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the Cock crows - the one with the tiny pecker.
Jimmy Carter proposed the Ethanol fiasco as part of the Energy Tax Act of 1978 that Congress eventually passed.
Alternative Fuel: Ethanol: http://suite101.com/article/a-brief-history-o...
"Ethanol first entered the marketplace as a biological fuel due to an act of Congress in 1978."
When pouring, half-empty bottles make the most noise.
Nuculur is more than half-empty, as usual.
Regardless of whose idea it was, ethanol as fuel is a net energy loser and a drain on the taxpayers.

Time to stick a fork in this turkey.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916916 Jun 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
"silly"
In case you missed it.
Pacers 91 - Heat 79
The finale Monday evening in South Beach should be a barn burner.
Peace
KMA
If the Heat lose, then the NBA may have a chance of survival.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#916917 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that brain dead??? That isn't what she said at all. You have obviously been brainwashed by Hate Talk Radio. Get help.
This is the DIRECT QUOTE of what she said in regards to ASSAULT WEAPONS...NOT GUNS IN GENERAL:
Feinstein, March 7, at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee discussing an amendment to her gun control bill that would exempt retired military from the so-called “assault weapons” ban::
"If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.
The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.
So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to– if you’re going to do this — find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
Even though, according to Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), PTSD sufferers are already prohibited by law from owning guns...any guns... IMO, Feinstein was certainly within her rights to voice her concerns. Especially since she stated she was willing to sit down and discuss the matter. Cons are always too fast to accept lies as truth.
Great links, Mr. Obscurantist

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#916919 Jun 1, 2013
Liberals and someone told them so...

"GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare’s Pre-Existing Condition Plan"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gao-hhs-alrea...

Lapeer, MI

#916920 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whose idea it was, ethanol as fuel is a net energy loser and a drain on the taxpayers.
Time to stick a fork in this turkey.
Ethanol has far less energy density than gasoline so, using it as an additive, lowers the overall energy inside each gallon of gas.

I think we've all read about the silly ENERGY IN vs ENERGY OUT ratio of Ethanol and its detrimental impact on the environment during it's creation. But Greens are mostly Liberals and that means that reason is kicked to the curb while touchy-feely emotions rule.

If horse whips had been subsidized way back there, we'd still be producing them in urban "Training" Centers for Affirmative Actions losers.

Once a subsidy is in place, prying it loose is next to impossible.

Location hidden

#916921 Jun 1, 2013
File in the when will Pres Obama do what Nixon did folder...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05...

Location hidden

#916922 Jun 1, 2013
File in the "I cannot believe it" folder...

"Would You Believe Wife of Former IRS Head Is an Exec at Left-Wing Political Action Group?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/01/wo...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#916923 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol has far less energy density than gasoline so, using it as an additive, lowers the overall energy inside each gallon of gas.
I think we've all read about the silly ENERGY IN vs ENERGY OUT ratio of Ethanol and its detrimental impact on the environment during it's creation. But Greens are mostly Liberals and that means that reason is kicked to the curb while touchy-feely emotions rule.
If horse whips had been subsidized way back there, we'd still be producing them in urban "Training" Centers for Affirmative Actions losers.
Once a subsidy is in place, prying it loose is next to impossible.
if they put a turbocharger on an ethanol engine it will get same energy as gasoline I was reading one time.

Location hidden

#916924 Jun 1, 2013
Attack...

"The guy who bugged Mitch McConnell’s office admits that he bugged Mitch McConnell’s office"

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/349821/w...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916925 Jun 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Federal Dept Of Justice Going To Prosecute Anyone Who Trashes Islam On Social Media...
Posted on June 1, 2013 by sundance
Folks, let me be the first on record associated with this Treehouse. THIS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND. We will lead an effort to push back against this ridiculous “UNCONSTITUTIONAL” mandate being put forth by the Holder/Perez Dept. of Justice.
People ask me all the time about the Community Relations Service; Most have never heard of it. The CRS is the super-secret and federally protected stealth sect within the DOJ Civil Rights Division. When I explain the depth of the broad power granted to the CRS - people look at me cross eyed with a stare that says –“no way”! My response? Yes, way.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/0...
A~M~E~N Brother Sundance!!!
U.S.M.C.- Frontline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ur6cIZvOy5MXX
You fell outta' your treehouse, cuckoo bird. How many hits on the crack pipe have you had tonight?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916926 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie has two strikes against him for kissing Obama twice.
Time is running out to establish his Conservative credentials. Sucking up federal taxpayer money does not count.
Governor Christie is the only republican candidate not seen as a liar by the public . He could be the GOP's last chance before the dump heap.

Lapeer, MI

#916928 Jun 1, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>if they put a turbocharger on an ethanol engine it will get same energy as gasoline I was reading one time.
Are you saying that the Gasoline Engine AND the Ethanol Engine BOTH have turbochargers in this comparison?

The energy density of Ethanol vs Gasoline is 26.8 megajoules per kilogram vs 45 MJ per kilogram respectively.

This makes your Turbocharger example untenable.

Read some of the shameful stats regarding the Corn Ethanol fiasco:

http://www.energyadvocate.com/fw3.htm

"...the energy density of ethanol is 26.8 megajoules per kilogram. This compares rather unfavorably with gasoline at 45 MJ per kilogram, but is rather appallingly low, when it takes the energy of a gallon of gasoline to produce the gallon of ethanol from corn!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

"Ethanol combustion in an internal combustion engine yields many of the products of incomplete combustion produced by gasoline and significantly larger amounts of formaldehyde and related species such as acetaldehyde.[68] This leads to a significantly larger photochemical reactivity that generates much more ground level ozone.[69] These data have been assembled into The Clean Fuels Report comparison of fuel emissions[70] and show that ethanol exhaust generates 2.14 times as much ozone as does gasoline exhaust.[citation needed] When this is added into the custom Localised Pollution Index (LPI) of The Clean Fuels Report the local pollution (pollution that contributes to smog) is 1.7 on a scale where gasoline is 1.0 and higher numbers signify greater pollution."

Ethanol facts: http://designer96.tripod.com/facts1.htm

This whole thing reads like a page out of the Magic Negro Chronicles.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#916929 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You fell outta' your treehouse, cuckoo bird. How many hits on the crack pipe have you had tonight?
Gee. Nice, dignified, measured response to a recent news piece found across the web.

You must be living in Liberal Fog, right?

That's almost as bad as living in Moore, OK without a Tornado Shelter, dood.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#916930 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text> Governor Christie is the only republican candidate not seen as a liar by the public . He could be the GOP's last chance before the dump heap.
Where do you come up with these little Donkey Dropping Gems?

Are you a Road Picker?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916931 Jun 1, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Attack...
"The guy who bugged Mitch McConnell’s office admits that he bugged Mitch McConnell’s office"
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/349821/w...
and is proud of it

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916932 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text> Governor Christie is the only republican candidate not seen as a liar by the public . He could be the GOP's last chance before the dump heap.
3-1/2 more years of Obama scandals and any Republican will win

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#916933 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Gasoline Engine AND the Ethanol Engine BOTH have turbochargers in this comparison?
The energy density of Ethanol vs Gasoline is 26.8 megajoules per kilogram vs 45 MJ per kilogram respectively.
This makes your Turbocharger example untenable.
Read some of the shameful stats regarding the Corn Ethanol fiasco:
http://www.energyadvocate.com/fw3.htm
"...the energy density of ethanol is 26.8 megajoules per kilogram. This compares rather unfavorably with gasoline at 45 MJ per kilogram, but is rather appallingly low, when it takes the energy of a gallon of gasoline to produce the gallon of ethanol from corn!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol
"Ethanol combustion in an internal combustion engine yields many of the products of incomplete combustion produced by gasoline and significantly larger amounts of formaldehyde and related species such as acetaldehyde.[68] This leads to a significantly larger photochemical reactivity that generates much more ground level ozone.[69] These data have been assembled into The Clean Fuels Report comparison of fuel emissions[70] and show that ethanol exhaust generates 2.14 times as much ozone as does gasoline exhaust.[citation needed] When this is added into the custom Localised Pollution Index (LPI) of The Clean Fuels Report the local pollution (pollution that contributes to smog) is 1.7 on a scale where gasoline is 1.0 and higher numbers signify greater pollution."
Ethanol facts: http://designer96.tripod.com/facts1.htm
This whole thing reads like a page out of the Magic Negro Chronicles.
the article that time said if you have an ethanol engine with a turbo charger, the ethanol engine will produce the same efficiency as a regular gasoline engine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#916935 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
that waste started long before the Obama administration. Representatives from states where terrorists attacks are likely to occur, NYC, LA, DC, Norfolk Va., San Diego, Boston, have been complaining for years about the distribution of funds to very low level threat locations.
Ponder this: There is no karma.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#916936 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bosnian Muslims also committed genocide.
Muslims can't get along with anybody else.
Karma is a ____ is a radical hypocrite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 min Cold Front 69,701
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Guru 187,335
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min OzRitz 52,861
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 51 min Analog man 5,912
Adult video stores 2 hr Denny 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr texas pete 5,204
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr boundary painter 862
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]