Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1708010 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#917518 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumchit"??? How very Christian of you.
Anyhow, he's already confessed to 2nd degree murder. Its up to his defense to prove the extenuating circumstance of "self-defense". The prosecution doesn't have to prove a thing.
Zimmerman hasn't confessed to anything. Self-defense is not murder.

Juries are always instructed (at least here in California) that "the prosecution must prove the case beyond reasonable doubt." That places the onus on the prosecution to prove their version of events.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#917520 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see it ya lying sac' o' shit.
PS: I just like typing "lying sac' o' shit".
Give it a try!
"dumos"
Already posted both the authors name and the newspaper he works for a couple of times today. Apparently you are to dense to read, for sure to dense to understand. Please continue your lies and BS.
Peace
KMA

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#917521 Jun 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman hasn't confessed to anything. Self-defense is not murder.
Juries are always instructed (at least here in California) that "the prosecution must prove the case beyond reasonable doubt." That places the onus on the prosecution to prove their version of events.
Did George kill Trayvon in an assault in which the death of the victim was a real possibility?

Regardless of why he committed the assault he did commit it and confessed to it. Its up to his defense team to prove he was justified in doing it.

second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state.(See: murder, first degree murder, manslaughter)

Location hidden

#917522 Jun 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
Already posted both the authors name and the newspaper he works for a couple of times today. Apparently you are to dense to read, for sure to dense to understand. Please continue your lies and BS.
Peace
KMA
Or I didn't see them since I don't read every page of this thread. More likely, since I've NEVER seen you cite a source you never cited it ya fckn' lyin' sac' o' shit.

I just like typing "ya fckn' lyin' sac' o' shit".

Try it sometime.
Lincoln

United States

#917524 Jun 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Vattel defines IT!
Book I
Chapter XIX[19]
Section 212. Citizens and natives.
The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages.
The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.
As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.
The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it.
The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.
I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.
http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm
As 'defined' in The US Constitution Art I Section 8 Clause 10
10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenc(s)es against the >> Law of Nations; <<
http://constitutionus.com/
Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5
Document 2
Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution 3: 1472--73
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...
S~I~M~P~L~E ... Really ...
Two American Citizens make a Natural Born citizen
American - Mother
American - Father ...
0's father IS Kenyan ... NOT American!
Same as Ted Cruz ...
Father is Cuban ...
He was NOT "naturalized" before Ted was born!
Had he been, Ted would BE a "NATURAL born" citizen!
Birthers and truthers ar fun,
they never give up when riding a dead horse

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#917526 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right, I believe this pretty much sums up Trayon's position in defending himself against Zimmerman:
(from your own source)
"(3)&#8195;A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."
George had a fckin' gun and was the one pursuing Martin by his own admission, get a grip.
You don't know that Zimmerman was the one pursuing Martin when the attack occured. Zimmerman has said that was not the case. In fact, about 4 minutes into his call with police, he told them he didn't know where Martin was. Approximately four minutes later, gun shots are heard. No body knows what happened in those four minutes. The final decision of who is right and wrong will be made by jurors based on evidence. Wait for it.

Location hidden

#917527 Jun 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Birthers and truthers ar fun,
they never give up when riding a dead horse
Riding a dead horse is hardly any fun at all. However, beating a dead horse appears to provide truthers and birthers with endless hours of amusement.

Location hidden

#917528 Jun 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that Zimmerman was the one pursuing Martin when the attack occured. Zimmerman has said that was not the case. In fact, about 4 minutes into his call with police, he told them he didn't know where Martin was. Approximately four minutes later, gun shots are heard. No body knows what happened in those four minutes. The final decision of who is right and wrong will be made by jurors based on evidence. Wait for it.
He did give 911 his phone number because he wasn't sure he'd be able to meet police at the mailboxes and he didn't know where he'd be by the time they arrived. Did he head straight home? Is that what happened?
Lincoln

United States

#917529 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Riding a dead horse is hardly any fun at all. However, beating a dead horse appears to provide truthers and birthers with endless hours of amusement.
Birther topix page fascinating

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917530 Jun 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to get a part time job, why would one retire from a part time job??
You just don't make sense, Batty.
Tired of listening to physicians who have issues. Basically.

After 14 years, brain said that's enough.

Not really looking for work. More than likely will volunteer.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#917531 Jun 2, 2013
We can.

Location hidden

#917532 Jun 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Birther topix page fascinating
In a retard-with-his-finger-up-his- nose sort of way I guess.

Location hidden

#917533 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Tired of listening to physicians who have issues. Basically.
After 14 years, brain said that's enough.
Not really looking for work. More than likely will volunteer.
You quit being a transcriptionist?

Orlando, FL

#917534 Jun 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
He "admitted" he shot him in "self defense" AFTER getting his HEAD bashed into concrete ... in "fear of his life!"
Homicide NOT murder! Nor manslaughter!
NO charges should have been FILED!
Malicious prosecution just to appease the race baiters!
Just glad it went to trial. That was my only beef. That Zimmerman almost walked when a teenager was dead.

The jurors will decide and I trust they will do the right thing having all the evidence - either way.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#917535 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Did George kill Trayvon in an assault in which the death of the victim was a real possibility?
Regardless of why he committed the assault he did commit it and confessed to it. Its up to his defense team to prove he was justified in doing it.
second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state.(See: murder, first degree murder, manslaughter)
If Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman, wouldn't his death be a real possibility? Why would his death be Zimmerman's fault? See where I am going with this?

It is up to the prosecution to present a jury with enough evidence to back up THEIR CLAIM of second degree murder. If they can't, Zimmerman walks.

I'm not trying to take sides. Quite the opposite, I have no idea what the outcome will be and I don't care one way or the other since I don't have all the facts. Personally, I honestly don't know if Zimmerman was the assaulter or the assaultee. I'm keeping an open mind and confident the jury will sort things out.

Enough said.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#917536 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman gunned down an unarmed teenager. Regardless of the specifics a trial is certainly in order. You would just take Zimmerman's word for it since Martin was a black kid who had it coming 'cause he was wearing a hoodie? I take a hoodie on all my travels, extremely versatile piece of clothing. Extremely comfortable, good against the cold especially under a windbreaker, good as a pillow, I've even used them as towels.
You really need to read that Bible of yours if you're "living it". What a fckn' joke.
He gunned down a 17 year old "footbal playing" THUG who was into MMA fighting! Who was 6' tall...
Not the lil "innocent" looking kid they portrayed on the news!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917537 Jun 2, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful neglect leading to death, lying to Congress, discriminatory and illegal use of power, voter suppression, etc., etc., isn't "American", but it damn sure defines Obama's administration.
You're describing Richard Viguerie, Karl Rove , Roger Ailes, and the last 5 republican presidents favorite political tactics.

Orlando, FL

#917538 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You quit being a transcriptionist?
Not quitting, retiring. Two more weeks.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#917539 Jun 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He did give 911 his phone number because he wasn't sure he'd be able to meet police at the mailboxes and he didn't know where he'd be by the time they arrived. Did he head straight home? Is that what happened?
Nobody knows.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#917540 Jun 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're describing Richard Viguerie, Karl Rove , Roger Ailes, and the last 5 republican presidents favorite political tactics.
Prove it a**hole. The problem for Obama is he's the president and he got caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min hojo 64,464
Should AR15 be banned? 3 hr Truth About AR15 2
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 5 hr READ The TEACHER 13
Married men in panties 5 hr OUTTA carry a GUN 2
Pure Nasty Gullible Fool. 5 hr LEFT Coast Shiff 14
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 11 hr 2nd AMENDMENT 3
Men that wear panties 13 hr Should Carry Gun 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages