Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275360 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#916835 Jun 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
does anything i read on the internet ever strike me as pushing the envelope?
sure. pretty much every story about some nutjob republican spouting the usual GOP crazy talk does the trick for me. but hey, you all need to stay informed, so.....
how about you?'The Truth' probably does it for you, eh?
A dodge rather than an answer to you posting that crazy article.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916836 Jun 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Federal Dept Of Justice Going To Prosecute Anyone Who Trashes Islam On Social Media...
Posted on June 1, 2013 by sundance
Folks, let me be the first on record associated with this Treehouse. THIS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND. We will lead an effort to push back against this ridiculous “UNCONSTITUTIONAL” mandate being put forth by the Holder/Perez Dept. of Justice.
People ask me all the time about the Community Relations Service; Most have never heard of it. The CRS is the super-secret and federally protected stealth sect within the DOJ Civil Rights Division. When I explain the depth of the broad power granted to the CRS - people look at me cross eyed with a stare that says –“no way”! My response? Yes, way.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/0...
A~M~E~N Brother Sundance!!!
U.S.M.C.- Frontline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ur6cIZvOy5MXX
Galt does not believe this story is accurate, because it is too extreme even for the Obama mob.

But, if true, this is clearly grounds for impeachment.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#916837 Jun 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Better go comb that Media Mutters website, Moonbat.
Media Matters is Sonic's favorite charity.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916838 Jun 1, 2013
Rumor is that Holder is gone by end of Summer, to be replaced by Big Sis.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#916839 Jun 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are the liar. Go on line, check the source I offered. fienstien's words are there in black and white.
Peace
KMA
Your source is a far right whiner columnist.

Feinstein NEVER said it.

http://factcheck.org/2013/04/twisting-feinste...

I wonde Moocher Eed, don't you ever get tired of my shoving your lying, uneducated, uninformed posts back in your face? I mean, it's got o be embarrassing to be shown to the world what a total jerk & liar you are.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#916840 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without getting a warrant, which requires probable cause.
And these people are not innocent if they harbor an escaped convict.
Dumbass Dave, stupid as ever, lover of the police state.
Holder followed the law.

How do you know if they are helping.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#916841 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt does not believe this story is accurate, because it is too extreme even for the Obama mob.
But, if true, this is clearly grounds for impeachment.
Galt "needs" to do some research ... then ...
I find google to be my friend at times like that!

:)

These Guys" at Treehouse DO research, before posting ...!!!
They are honest, truthful, that WAY!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#916842 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Rumor is that Holder is gone by end of Summer, to be replaced by Big Sis.
That's good for the thug. He will need at least a few months to cover up his corruption & crimes before leaving. They must have just ordered a few extra shredders.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#916843 Jun 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder followed the law.
Aren't you the moron, Dumb Dave. Holder follows the laws "he wants to", idiot.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#916844 Jun 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder followed the law.
His interpretation of the law you mean. Does Holder's interpretation represents the letter and the spirit of the law? I would say absolutely NO. The espionage act was never meant to target whistle blowers and reporters doing routine reporting.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#916845 Jun 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
One Walmart's Low Wages Could Cost Taxpayers $900,000 Per Year, House Dems Find
"Walmart wages are so low that many of its workers rely on food stamps and other government aid programs to fulfill their basic needs, a reality that could cost taxpayers as much as $900,000 at just one Walmart Supercenter in Wisconsin, according to a study released by Congressional Democrats on Thursday.
Though the study assumes that most workers who qualify for the public assistance programs do take advantage of them, it injects a potent data point into a national debate about the minimum wage at a time when many Walmart and fast food workers are mounting strikes in pursuit of higher wages.
The study uses Medicaid data released in Wisconsin to piece together the annual cost to taxpayers for providing a host of social safety net programs, including food stamps and publicly subsidized health care, to workers at one Supercenter in the state.
According to the report, Walmart had more workers enrolled in the state’s public health care program in the last quarter of last year than any other employer, with 3,216 people enrolled. When the dependents of those workers were factored in, the number of enrollees came to 9,207.
"When low wages leave Walmart workers unable to afford the necessities of life, taxpayers pick up the tab," the report says.
After accounting for the total number of Walmart stores and employees across the state and the per-person costs of BadgerCare, as the state’s health care program is known, the report's authors estimated that the cost of publicly funded health care comes to $251,706 per year for a 300-employee Supercenter."
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...(whew! )...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, Pal. I really liked that.

Got any more like this?

Thanks agin:)

Lapeer, MI

#916846 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should just cut it off an become the true eunuch that you are, son!
I'll let you do that with your gums:)

Lapeer, MI

#916847 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Ethanol is produced from a recyclable carbon-based man-made agricultural product that's limited by how much the farmer decides to use as food or fuel whereas oil is finite and can not be recycled--once you burn it ;it's gone forever but its residue waste energy in greenhouse gas emissions , plastics,fertilizers, etc. continues to pile up as pollution in the Natural Commons .
You are a rather odd individual.

Corn Ethanol, as an example, is produced from agricultural activities that rely heavily on petroleum based products like diesel, gasoline, grease, oil, fertilizer, electricity, etc.

And then the transport involves the use of petroleum-based fuels to get them to market.

Were you raised in a tree by hippies?

...and fell out?

Lapeer, MI

#916848 Jun 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Gore won the popular vote by half a million votes.
Clearly, the American Voters preferred Gore.
The Supremes, most of whom were put there by Repugnants violated the Constitution by choosing a winner.
You remain an idiot.
Gore also won a Nobel Prize just like the Magic Negro did.

Winning isn't everything, especially in these cases.

Losers win quite often.

Lapeer, MI

#916849 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see sarcasm is completely over your head. Too funny. reminds me of the time Steven Colbert was invited to the white house correspondence dinner, because Bush's handlers thought he was a conservative comic. I never laughed so hard, and I was waiting for President Dumbya's head to explode. Laura Bush wasn't so happy either
Reminds me of the time the Magic Negro was invited to the 58th State and accepted.

I never laughed so hard in my life.

And Moochelle was miffed because she wasn't invited! Can you believe that?

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Lapeer, MI

#916850 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Galt is a Benedict Arnold in disguise now. Fund a foreign news service,BBC despite its scandalous past(Jimmy Savile scandal), but no support of a American non-profit independent broadcasting company,PBS. Galt says feed the pedophile(Jimmy Savile) and starve Big Bird(An American children education programming icon)
....butt...butt....Elmo screws young boys....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#916851 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gore also won a Nobel Prize just like the Magic Negro did.
Winning isn't everything, especially in these cases.
Losers win quite often.
I've never heard a more stupid comment than saying losers are winnners.

And winnners like Rmoney are really losers?

Up is down, in is out, near is far, white is black. You're a Shining Idiot.

Your lame attempts at humor expose a truly weak mind.

You wonder you're the Topix moron. Along with your buddy Fencepost.

Location hidden

#916852 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a rather odd individual.
Corn Ethanol, as an example, is produced from agricultural activities that rely heavily on petroleum based products like diesel, gasoline, grease, oil, fertilizer, electricity, etc.
And then the transport involves the use of petroleum-based fuels to get them to market.
Were you raised in a tree by hippies?
...and fell out?
It was George Bush who forced ethanol down America's throat.

He said the reason was because oil was finite and we needed to use less of it.

You just keep making a shining idiot of yourself.

I'm lovin' it!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916853 Jun 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
A dodge rather than an answer to you posting that crazy article.
crazy? then there must be a lot of crazy....

The head of the Rocky Mountain Black Conservatives called out the state GOP chairman on his radio show last weekend for giving short shrift to a constituency party leaders say they want to entice — conservative minorities.

During a segment on the weekend show where RMBC founder and black tea party leader Derrick Wilburn and cohost Robert Blaha give an “almost human” award to people who have annoyed or upset them, Wilburn turned his ire toward Colorado Republican Party Chairman Ryan Call and the party in general.

He said in the two-and-a-half years he’s hosted monthly meetings of the Rocky Mountain Black Tea Party, Call has only attended one — the one where he was the guest speaker.

And he said that during a recent closed door meeting with national party chairman Reince Priebus, Call only allowed Wilburn to speak in the 30 seconds before Preibus had to leave.

“He’s got to leave at 3:30 to catch a flight,” Wilburn said on the show.“Ryan Call goes around the room, gives the microphone to every white elected official in the state, and lets them go off for as long as they want to. Gives me the microphone at 3:29 and thirty seconds. Thirty seconds left in the meeting, and says ‘I’m sorry,’ and I get thirty seconds to speak to the man.”

Wilburn also complained about being scheduled as the last speaker at the Republicans’ State Central Committee meeting in March.

“[I'm] the guy who’s trying to reach out to the young people, whom we know we all need. He puts us up there last,” he said.“And puts the [U.S. Rep.] Doug Lamborns of the world up there first.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/01/black-tea-p...

“I’ve had it up to here,” he said.“Our state chairman embodies ‘the Republicans,’ whoever that is.… These people don’t get it. They’re almost human. And if we don’t get rid of some of ‘em and replace them with people who do [get it], we’re in a world of hurt.”

...as the liberals stand on the sidelines and eat popcorn....

so excuse me for being entertained by right wing crazy, but the real question here is....why aren't you?

Location hidden

#916854 Jun 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
His interpretation of the law you mean. Does Holder's interpretation represents the letter and the spirit of the law? I would say absolutely NO. The espionage act was never meant to target whistle blowers and reporters doing routine reporting.
DUH Like when Bush was slapped down by the Supreme Court for some of his Administrations interpretations of the law??

You're a fool. It will end up in the courts, without your biased simplistic opinions.

----------

Supreme Court Rules Against Bush Administration, Resurrects Habeas Corpus

"In what might be the most important decision made by the Supreme Court of the United States during the Bush Administration, five justices ruled in Boumedienne v. Bush on Thursday, June 12, that the United States government did not have the right to suspend habeas corpus, or legal due process.
The government effectively did this through the passage of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, a legal measure meant to bolster an original executive order signed shortly after September 11, 2001, that gave federal authorities the power to detain suspected enemy operatives indefinitely without recourse to legal process and a trial. The Military Commissions Act of 2006, the passage of which was led by Sen. John McCain, specifically denied Guantanamo detainees the right to petition federal courts on grounds of habeas corpus.

In a scathing rebuttal of Bush administration policy, the Supreme Court maintained that the detainees had the same basic rights as anyone held in custody by officials of the United States. In its 70-page decision, the Court noted: "Security depends upon a sophisticated intelligence apparatus and the ability of our Armed Forces to act and interdict. There are further considerations, however. Security subsists, too, in fidelity to freedom's first principles. Chief among these are freedom from arbitrary and unlawful restraint and the personal liberty that is secured by adherence to separation of powers... "

----------

Obama and Holder are laughing at you nitwits.

Compared to the many scandals Bush had, from lying about Iraq to waterboarding to renditions to losing Supreme Court cases, Obama doesn't have time to catch up with Bush's corruption.

Remember when the Supreme Court ruled against Bush when he and Cheney had their staff deny subpoenas from Congress??

Bush lost the case.

You're an idiot. And I will point out the corruption of Bush and Co. as you rant on about pure nonsense stuff.

Bush used the IRS to harrass his enemies. AS did Reagan and especially Nixon. Nothing new here.

It's just that it's ok when Repugnants do it, but you come unglued when Dems do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Coffee Party 196,963
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min Red_Forman 6,409
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Black lives matter 3 hr Pride in ones self 1
ask amy 8-29-15 9 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 10 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 11 hr Tvlover 406
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages