Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457792 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#916902 Jun 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Julian Assange is STILL an UNethical, uUNproffessional, maniacal, corrupt, glory seeking, degenerate Walter Cronkite wanna-be
ghetto-guttersnipe N-U-T-C-A-S-E.
And probably a vulgar, nasty dispositioned sexist PIG as well.
I don't disagree but that has nothing to do with my post. WikiLeaks wasn't even an issue in 2006. Federal Prosecutors did, however, confirmed that it was Bush and Chaney that authorized the release of classified information in the case of Valerie Plame and the Iraq invasion under the guise of personally "declassifying" the documents prior to release. Snakes.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#916903 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes common sense to understand that veterans who suffer from post-tramatic stress disorder shouldn't be in possession of assault weapons. Only a low-information Con suffering with tunnel vision would consider that "bullshit" and unAmerican. Geez
"ASSsince1680"
She said nothing about post-tramatic stress. She made a straight forward statement, "All vets are mentally ill and the government should prevent them form owning firarms". Note she said all, she said nothing about vets who may suffer from post-tramatic stress. You should really think before you post, if you did so you would not come off ass an ignorant azz.
Peace
KMA

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#916904 Jun 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
you LOWlife, NO class ... piece of chit!
They FOUGHT for YOUR RIGHT to SAY what you just SAID!
And you think they should NOT be able to own a "firearm" ...
No words for you ...
There ARE plenty I could say ... but I do NOT use those VULGAR words!
Just IMAGINE a SAILOR giving you a "tongue LASHING" ...
That's ME ...!!!
Oh, another desperate con who has to resort to name calling and obsenities because she doesn't have any FACTS to back up her lofty personal opinions.

One thing for sure, you are certainly not a "well-mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behavior" aka "lady". Anything but.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#916905 Jun 1, 2013
"silly"
In case you missed it.
Pacers 91 - Heat 79
The finale Monday evening in South Beach should be a barn burner.
Peace
KMA
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916907 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes common sense to understand that veterans who suffer from post-tramatic stress disorder shouldn't be in possession of assault weapons. Only a low-information Con suffering with tunnel vision would consider that "bullshit" and unAmerican. Geez
Why is it that none of these disturbed and hate-filled liberals, who take or steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers, children in schools, and Bill Ayers types bomb public places has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?

Harvard Graduate, Nutty Alabama Professor Amy Bishop Far-Leftist terrorist, Obsessed with Obama... Liberal homicidal maniac..

Ft. Hood~~~ Nidal Malik Hasan Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Colorado Theater ~~~ James Holmes registered democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; deranged liberal

Chris Jordan Dorner ~~~ Registered Democrat, Deranged Obama Supporter, Ex-Cop, Ex-Naval Intelligence Officer, Cold Blooded Killer. College buddy James Usera (mentioned in manifesto) said LA COP killer Christopher Dorner 'is' a political Lefty! A HERO by sonicfiller and other deranged liberals.

Mass killings by Democrats or Chicago ghetto style killings by your "culture of violence" are not angry old white men clinging to their guns and religion....

Democrat and guns are a recipe for Mental illness and public safety disasters.

It's the culture...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#916908 Jun 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ASSsince1680"
She said nothing about post-tramatic stress. She made a straight forward statement, "All vets are mentally ill and the government should prevent them form owning firarms". Note she said all, she said nothing about vets who may suffer from post-tramatic stress. You should really think before you post, if you did so you would not come off ass an ignorant azz.
Peace
KMA
Are you really that brain dead??? That isn't what she said at all. You have obviously been brainwashed by Hate Talk Radio. Get help.

This is the DIRECT QUOTE of what she said in regards to ASSAULT WEAPONS...NOT GUNS IN GENERAL:

Feinstein, March 7, at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee discussing an amendment to her gun control bill that would exempt retired military from the so-called “assault weapons” ban::

"If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to– if you’re going to do this — find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."

Even though, according to Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), PTSD sufferers are already prohibited by law from owning guns...any guns... IMO, Feinstein was certainly within her rights to voice her concerns. Especially since she stated she was willing to sit down and discuss the matter. Cons are always too fast to accept lies as truth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916909 Jun 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder followed the law.
How do you know if they are helping.
Without probable cause to believe so, no warrant should be issued.

Except in the dumbass Dave Obama police state.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916910 Jun 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt "needs" to do some research ... then ...
I find google to be my friend at times like that!
:)
These Guys" at Treehouse DO research, before posting ...!!!
They are honest, truthful, that WAY!
Please keep us posted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916912 Jun 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
BACKLASH! GUN-CONTROL LAWS NULLIFIED
Sheriffs take bold stand to protect citizens from federal overreach
http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/backlash-gun-contr...
thistle minutes ago
God Bless every single one of these peace officers! We've been so beaten down this last several years that this story brought tears to my eyes because maybe, just maybe, there are some willing to stand up for the law abiding, Constitution loving, Country loving, true American citizens (black, white and everything in between). It's been hard to find very many of these heros in congress/senate, lawmakers, or the judicial system lately to stand for everyday citizens who just want to be left alone to live their lives in freedom, to help their families, work hard, worship as they see fit (or not), contribute to the groups or charities of their choice, & just enjoy life to its fullest without being molested by control freaks somewhere in power who send out their useful idiots to attack them. Again I say, God Bless these Sheriffs and Peace Officers. I think all of them should deputize citizens in their counties that want to participate and who have no criminal records or mental illness. What a difference it could make.
MPE minutes ago
Since the ZERO in the WH decides what law he wants HoldMe to enforce then to HELL with them BOTH!!!!
----------
Hallelujah !!!
Sheriffs are normally elected and therefore must be responsive to the people.

Police are union-organized civil service agents of the state and cannot be removed by the people. As a result, they abuse their authority, knowing that they are safe from any public objections.

We need more elected sheriffs and fewer arrogant police.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916913 Jun 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a wonderful thing to see some actual ethical decency restoring hope and sanity reinstilled for the hard working, tax paying, taken advanatage of struggling WORKING classes!
Christie (et al) for POTUS 2016!
Christie has two strikes against him for kissing Obama twice.

Time is running out to establish his Conservative credentials. Sucking up federal taxpayer money does not count.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916914 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice idea, but some veterans with PTSD are employed as police officers because of veteran preferences.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916915 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the Cock crows - the one with the tiny pecker.
Jimmy Carter proposed the Ethanol fiasco as part of the Energy Tax Act of 1978 that Congress eventually passed.
Alternative Fuel: Ethanol: http://suite101.com/article/a-brief-history-o...
"Ethanol first entered the marketplace as a biological fuel due to an act of Congress in 1978."
When pouring, half-empty bottles make the most noise.
Nuculur is more than half-empty, as usual.
Regardless of whose idea it was, ethanol as fuel is a net energy loser and a drain on the taxpayers.

Time to stick a fork in this turkey.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916916 Jun 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
"silly"
In case you missed it.
Pacers 91 - Heat 79
The finale Monday evening in South Beach should be a barn burner.
Peace
KMA
If the Heat lose, then the NBA may have a chance of survival.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#916917 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that brain dead??? That isn't what she said at all. You have obviously been brainwashed by Hate Talk Radio. Get help.
This is the DIRECT QUOTE of what she said in regards to ASSAULT WEAPONS...NOT GUNS IN GENERAL:
Feinstein, March 7, at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee discussing an amendment to her gun control bill that would exempt retired military from the so-called “assault weapons” ban::
"If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.
The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.
So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to– if you’re going to do this — find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
Even though, according to Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), PTSD sufferers are already prohibited by law from owning guns...any guns... IMO, Feinstein was certainly within her rights to voice her concerns. Especially since she stated she was willing to sit down and discuss the matter. Cons are always too fast to accept lies as truth.
Great links, Mr. Obscurantist

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#916919 Jun 1, 2013
Liberals and someone told them so...

"GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare’s Pre-Existing Condition Plan"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gao-hhs-alrea...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#916920 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whose idea it was, ethanol as fuel is a net energy loser and a drain on the taxpayers.
Time to stick a fork in this turkey.
Ethanol has far less energy density than gasoline so, using it as an additive, lowers the overall energy inside each gallon of gas.

I think we've all read about the silly ENERGY IN vs ENERGY OUT ratio of Ethanol and its detrimental impact on the environment during it's creation. But Greens are mostly Liberals and that means that reason is kicked to the curb while touchy-feely emotions rule.

If horse whips had been subsidized way back there, we'd still be producing them in urban "Training" Centers for Affirmative Actions losers.

Once a subsidy is in place, prying it loose is next to impossible.

Location hidden

#916921 Jun 1, 2013
File in the when will Pres Obama do what Nixon did folder...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05...

Location hidden

#916922 Jun 1, 2013
File in the "I cannot believe it" folder...

"Would You Believe Wife of Former IRS Head Is an Exec at Left-Wing Political Action Group?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/01/wo...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#916923 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol has far less energy density than gasoline so, using it as an additive, lowers the overall energy inside each gallon of gas.
I think we've all read about the silly ENERGY IN vs ENERGY OUT ratio of Ethanol and its detrimental impact on the environment during it's creation. But Greens are mostly Liberals and that means that reason is kicked to the curb while touchy-feely emotions rule.
If horse whips had been subsidized way back there, we'd still be producing them in urban "Training" Centers for Affirmative Actions losers.
Once a subsidy is in place, prying it loose is next to impossible.
if they put a turbocharger on an ethanol engine it will get same energy as gasoline I was reading one time.

Location hidden

#916924 Jun 1, 2013
Attack...

"The guy who bugged Mitch McConnell’s office admits that he bugged Mitch McConnell’s office"

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/349821/w...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Dr Phil 230,933
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 104,502
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr PEllen 6,836
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 3,443
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr PEllen 9,839
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 2,272
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 6 hr ThomasA 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages