Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433910 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916780 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck the whole reason the Marine Corps was formed was to protect Navy ships.
Resolved, That two Battalions of marines be raised, consisting of one Colonel, two Lieutenant Colonels, two Majors, and other officers as usual in other regiments; and that they consist of an equal number of privates with other battalions; that particular care be taken, that no persons be appointed to office, or enlisted into said Battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime affairs as to be able to serve to advantage by sea when required; that they be enlisted and commissioned to serve for and during the present war between Great Britain and the colonies, unless dismissed by order of Congress: that they be distinguished by the names of the first and second battalions of American Marines, and that they be considered as part of the number which the continental Army before Boston is ordered to consist of.
Ordered, That a copy of the above be transmitted to the General.
“
”
Second Continental Congress on 10 November 1775[25
That was my understanding of that service.

But cons may have a different, revised history on that.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916781 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as Obama is trying to disarm civilians while arming the cops, and retired cops, IRS agents, and DHS to the teeth.
America needs a defense against the Obama Gestapo.
Must be a country other than America you're talking about.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916782 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. Hitler outlawed guns for jews and expanded it for Germans.
You really are a special, special idiot aren't you son? You must work real hard at being that way!
Yeah.... you are an idiot democrat... so what??

If I had a legitimate ignore list like "leosnana lily"... I'd put you on it you moron....

It's the culture..

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916783 Jun 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the four Bosinaks that were convicted.
If you think your selection of very liberal sources for news -PBS and BBC- speaks of you being non-bias, it states just the opposite. You are cherry picking your news sources to cater to your personal ideology and biases.
dude have you ever even watched the PBS news hour. When they do their in-depth coverage, they have representatives from both sides to discuss the issue.

Oh wait I understand, when actual fair and balanced news is presented, its liberal.

BBC and other news programs from foreign countries are liberal to you??

I'll go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing anything other than Fox news has a liberal bias

really do me a favor and watch the PBS news hour for a week and then tell me its got a liberal bias
American Lady

Danville, KY

#916784 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
there's only one Marine Corps hymn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AJlNw0myBG4XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't recall anything about god in the official version
SEMPER FI LONG LIVE THE MARINE CORPS
The Marine's ***Hymn

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun.
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job --
The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes, <<---<<<
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/mari...

History of The Marines' Hymn:
http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/marine_hymn...

hymn [h&#618;m]
n
1.(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a Christian song of praise sung to God or a saint

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hymn

WHAT part of "hymm" do "you" NOT understand ...???
dumchit!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#916786 Jun 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, you are a liar.
What Feinsten said was that retired military should not be given a exemption for background checks because of cases of PTSD, etc.
"real dumb"
You are the liar. Go on line, check the source I offered. fienstien's words are there in black and white.
Peace
KMA

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916787 Jun 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
There was four Bosniaks were convicted in the after math of the the wars in the former Yugoslavia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Cr...
my original question, which you seem to have ignored

But hey I could be wrong.....so did Bosnian Muslims commit genocide?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#916788 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see sarcasm is completely over your head. Too funny. reminds me of the time Steven Colbert was invited to the white house correspondence dinner, because Bush's handlers thought he was a conservative comic. I never laughed so hard, and I was waiting for President Dumbya's head to explode. Laura Bush wasn't so happy either
I guess the below ESCAPED your "selective VISION"
Yeah ... where the ARROW[<<<---< <<<] points
``````````

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
109 Things Obama Has Declared War On:
In case you've lost track—here are 109 things President Obama currently is or recently has been engaged in a war against (according to conservative pundits, lazy headline writers, and Google trawling)
[WHAT IS NOT TRUE about this?] <<<---<<< <
Christmas trees
Christians
Christians and Jews
Catholics
The church
Religion
Religious freedom

blind libTARDED dumchit :D

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916789 Jun 1, 2013
The British know how to handle their right wing crazies. "...it was the pro-badger campaigners who appeared to steal a march on the political activists.

Young women dressed in fake fur were seen chasing doughty nationalist supporters down London's Whitehall as a large number of security forces in iridescent jackets looked on from police lines." Check this out: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/473597/2013...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916790 Jun 1, 2013
are you joking or stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
The middle class has LOST income during this administration and the unemployment rate is still far too high, especially for the years it has gone on. The fact is the only people that are doing well is the rich, and they are getting much richer. Obama is good for the rich, he sucks for the middle class....you know....his main priority! The average person is NOT in the stock market and most middle class American's have had to learn to get by with lower incomes and higher gas and grocery prices and higher insurance premium. Obama is causing another housing bubble just like the last and a student loan bubble on top of that and for some reason he is either too stupid to see it or just doesn't care as long as the numbers look good right now. That of course is his desperation to show ANY improvement under his leadership, of course it is nothing but a delusion. Obama has done NOTHING for the middle class but destruction.
NEWSFLASH for you bub, the middle class' buying power and income has been shrinking since the Reagan Administration. It picked up somewhat during the Clinton years, but after 2001 it again started a downward spiral
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916791 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. Hitler outlawed guns for jews and expanded it for Germans.
These liberals oppose your belief and right to bear arms KARMA: Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Hitler, Obama. Yeah... who do you trust Gilligan??

It's the culture...
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916792 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Must be a country other than America you're talking about.
The American Indians and Jews gave up their guns, turned in their weapons, big and more government took care of the Indians on reservations and preserves and Yeah you Hitler Nazis took care of the Jews.

It's the culture...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#916793 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>awwwww... and yet it doesn't change the fact that you're a liar, does it son?
No it doesn't, but it does prove you're a pravaricator??

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#916794 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for a "Media Shield" law which would enshrine extra protection for journalists acting in the public interest....
but tell me what public interest was served in the Fox News report about North Korea, its nuclear program, how secretive it is and how hard it is to get information out. The Gov't Leak provided the fox news reporter with valuable information that compromised our agents in North Korea....all for a "scoop"
exactly what public interest was served there?
as for the source of the AP leak concerning thwarting a airline bombing...again that compromised the cover of an agent who had infiltrated an Yemeni Al Qaeda cell. Besides putting the mole and his family in danger, it ruined years of hard work and we lost the chance to nab one of al qaeda's best bomb makers.
again what public interest was served by running that story?? at least AP held off on the story for 24hrs allowing the CIA to extricate get the mole and his family out of Yemen
I certainly understand and agree with your concerns. I also understand why many in the intelligence community view a Media Shield Bill as detrimental to their investigations.

That being said, the Media Shield bill as presented by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y) does not give reporters a free ride. In fact, it includes a broad national security exemption intended to support "the government's legitimate interest in preventing and investigating leaks of classified information". In other words, the government will still have the authority to override protection of media sources in certain national security cases. The bill just makes it harder to wiretap without a judge's order. I don't see that as a bad thing.

Even John Boehner, who voted in favor of a 2007 measure that supported compelling jounalists to testify about their confidential sources, has said, "If reporters’ telephone calls are being monitored, the government better have a clear, and convincing reason for doing so." IMO, that's exactly the position the Media Shild bill is attempting to support.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/subpoena-ap-re...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916796 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Must be a country other than America you're talking about.
Correct.

America is now Obamastan.

But America will return.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916797 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude have you ever even watched the PBS news hour. When they do their in-depth coverage, they have representatives from both sides to discuss the issue.
Oh wait I understand, when actual fair and balanced news is presented, its liberal.
BBC and other news programs from foreign countries are liberal to you??
I'll go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing anything other than Fox news has a liberal bias
really do me a favor and watch the PBS news hour for a week and then tell me its got a liberal bias
BBC is worth watching, but PBS goes out of their way to be boring.

Time to stop taxpayer funding of this turkey.

Spokane, WA

#916798 Jun 1, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former Ku Klux Klan recruiter] that he would have been a great senator at any moment.... He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation. Former Democratic Senator Christopher Dodd (D.,Conn.)
Exactly the reason why nuculur, a moral inbred... Should join: Rainbow Coalition, NAACP, The Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, or one of many other leftwing lugnut hate group like 'The Crips'...
Nuculur can then escape from all that racism and wagon train of hate...
It's the culture...
"Florida"
"nutsucker is making a couple of posters happy with the crap he spews. "real dumb", "yuck" and "back porch turd" now have competition as the most ignorant lying posters on this thread.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916799 Jun 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly understand and agree with your concerns. I also understand why many in the intelligence community view a Media Shield Bill as detrimental to their investigations.
That being said, the Media Shield bill as presented by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y) does not give reporters a free ride. In fact, it includes a broad national security exemption intended to support "the government's legitimate interest in preventing and investigating leaks of classified information". In other words, the government will still have the authority to override protection of media sources in certain national security cases. The bill just makes it harder to wiretap without a judge's order. I don't see that as a bad thing.
Even John Boehner, who voted in favor of a 2007 measure that supported compelling jounalists to testify about their confidential sources, has said, "If reporters’ telephone calls are being monitored, the government better have a clear, and convincing reason for doing so." IMO, that's exactly the position the Media Shild bill is attempting to support.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/subpoena-ap-re...
The media should be neither protected nor restrained by the government.

The First Amendment clearly prevents Congress from "abridging the freedom of the press."
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#916800 Jun 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Louie Gohmert Fumes: If Not For John McCain ‘Benghazi Would Not Have Happened’
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert has unearthed a new culprit in the Benghazi saga: fellow Republican John McCain.
Conservative radio host Frank Gaffney asked Gohmert to comment on McCain’s “hobnobbing with jihadists” during his recent trip to Syria. Gohmert brought up a similar trip of McCain’s to Libya, where he feels McCain’s policy to depose Muammar Gaddafi unleashed the Muslim extremist forces that later attacked the American Consulate in Benghazi.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/louie-gohmert-...
Yes, we all know McCain called in the air strikes. Does anything you read on the internet ever strike you as pushing the envelope. I suppose the other countries involved in the Arab Spring that Progressives were so fond of until it backfired was McCain's fault too.

Spokane, WA

#916801 Jun 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House
White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
"sonic"
So you are saying schulman snook in the back door on his other 146 visits?
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 min RACE 9,561
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Chicagoan by Birth 225,497
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Flirtz1484 61,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,092
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,208
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr boundary painter 6,761
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 2 hr boundary painter 507
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr RACE 103,654

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages