Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431719 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#916461 Jun 1, 2013
Two drone strikes kill 7 Al Qaeda militants in Southern Yemen.

In other news from the middle East, May was Iraq's bloodiest month since 2008.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916462 Jun 1, 2013
Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. Take it from me!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#916463 Jun 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol, and as has been shown numerous times in this thread you fit that last category perfectly.
Here's my list;
Out and out nut cases like Waxman, No Surprize and Florida who tend to repeat their favorite insanities ad nauseam. I tend to ignore them.
Liars like DB.
Overt sociopaths like John Galt.
And finally sociopaths that claim to be Christians, like you.
It's just that I've seen several "man on the street" interviews this past week. You'd be shocked, as was I, how many seemingly intelligent people have no clue about what's going on - many had never heard of the scandals, had never heard of Benghazi, had never heard of Obamacare and one Cal-Tech student couldn't even name the vice-president.

These people simply have no clue. Some, like on here, should have a clue but apparently don't want to have a clue. And some act like they have a clue but are tools promoting propaganda.

So my conclusion was pretty accurate I thought.

The good news is democrats and even some liberals are in the "have a clue" category nowadays. They finally get it. How could they not?

How can you not?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916464 Jun 1, 2013
Life can be tough. But it only gets tougher when you're stupid. I can attest to that. My plan is to FORGIVE and FORGET. Forgive myself for being stupid. And forget I ever existed.

Why couldn't I have been a squirrel?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#916465 Jun 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure stupid, ask the people in West Texas about over bloated bureaucracy. Both the Chemical Safety Board and the EPA which are tasked to prevent such occurrences are underfunded and understaffed by an industry friendly Congress.
Just how much tax payer money do you think is being wasted by this endless stream of investigations by the likes of Daryl Issa none of which seem to amount to anything? How many "paper pushers" do you think that those involved?
Of course you don't have a problem with the "paper pushers" in the underwriting departments of big health insurance companies whose job it is to find any reason to deny coverage to subscribers who paid their premiums with the assumption that when they needed health care it would be taken care of.
As for the IRS they were doing their jobs to make sure that those groups applying for 501(C)(4) status were eligible for it. The problem I have is that none of them were denied.
Well, you should be outraged then about the massive waste perpetrated by the federal government and this administration if you're this miffed about the overbloated bureaucracy in West Texas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Westfield, MA

#916466 Jun 1, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
We have an administration in the throes of three major scandals where top officials knew Americans were being targeted and harrassed because of their political beliefs, where four Americans died and a lie ensued as the cause of their deaths, and reporters and news agencies' privacy was invaded by the top law enforcer of the land without following due process and lied under oath.
Is there anyone on the left who would deny any part or all of the above?
Yes Carol we've covered these so called "scandals" ad nauseam using actual facts in each case to prove that you're a damned liar. But what the hell, let's try it again.
Organizations applying for a 501(C)(4) status are supposed to be apolitical. If the name of the group suggests otherwise then it will get additional scrutiny. The groups with "Tea Party" in their name consisted of 24% of those scrutinized. Groups with "Progress" and "Progressive" also got an extra look and one Emerge America was denied tax exempt status. Progress Texas and Clean Elections Texas, a progressive group face the same questions as Tea Party Groups.
Benghazi was a tragedy and initial assessments from the intelligence community proved to be inaccurate. There were other incidents in the Mid East that were caused by the anti Muslim video so it was understandable that there was some who would attribute it to the attack in Libya. Further assessments . showed this not to be the case. There were no deliberate lies. The accusation that White House emails had been "scrubbed" to eliminate references to Al Qaeda have been debunked long ago.
As for the AP "scandal" the Justice Department had looked at records of AP reporters to see who in the administration had leaked a story. The story was that an informer high up in al Qaeda in Yemen had delivered a new kind of bomb to target airliners, while the government was still analyzing how to detect it and the informer was still in Yemen. The Justice Department looked at call records – phone numbers only – to see if they could spot who had called AP.
But go ahead keep living on planet Stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916467 Jun 1, 2013
I may not know everything, though I pretend that I do, but please don't treat me like I'm stupid it's very insulting, though most of the time, I do deserve it!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916468 Jun 1, 2013
Tacos ARE NOT Cows!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916469 Jun 1, 2013
If i could choose a unicorn and a rainbow... i'd choose cheetos .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Dallas, TX

#916470 Jun 1, 2013
What happens if a dog threw a ball for me to catch?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#916475 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's the problem? I mean, besides you not being honest?
Certain groups or specific enemies get audited by the IRS with the blessing of those in power by nearly every administration. Clinton held that record, I believe. But going after enemies of those in power en masse, targeting every group with nonthreatening words like "freedom" and "debt" in their names and auditing individual donors and citizens simply for their political beliefs is an unprecedented and gross abuse of power. Richard Nixon was the last president to be that transparent with his "enemies list", but this administration outdid him.

Targeting average citizens and nonthreatening small groups of citizens who simply don't agree with this administration and are concerned about the direction this country is going - which is the majority - using the strong arm of the IRS is not how we do things here.

You just want us to be Cuba. Apparently, so does Obama. He's just gotten comfortable wearing sheep's clothing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916476 Jun 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember anyone who isn't a believer of Allah must be converted, killed or put into slavery.
So once a muslim, like Obama, always a muslim.
Getting out means you become an infidel subject to the above.
It is something like joining the Mob, once you are in you are in and if you want out the Mob will kill you.
Obama has to be a muslim or he would be subject to the same things any infidel would be subjected to.
So,you burn the holy books, make slanderous, vicious videos of the religious patriarch, and persecute the innocent followers of the religion . Some Christians in using fanatical means changes their own religion into worse than the religion that they hate, fear, and attack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#916477 Jun 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol we've covered these so called "scandals" ad nauseam using actual facts in each case to prove that you're a damned liar. But what the hell, let's try it again.
Organizations applying for a 501(C)(4) status are supposed to be apolitical. If the name of the group suggests otherwise then it will get additional scrutiny. The groups with "Tea Party" in their name consisted of 24% of those scrutinized. Groups with "Progress" and "Progressive" also got an extra look and one Emerge America was denied tax exempt status. Progress Texas and Clean Elections Texas, a progressive group face the same questions as Tea Party Groups.
Benghazi was a tragedy and initial assessments from the intelligence community proved to be inaccurate. There were other incidents in the Mid East that were caused by the anti Muslim video so it was understandable that there was some who would attribute it to the attack in Libya. Further assessments . showed this not to be the case. There were no deliberate lies. The accusation that White House emails had been "scrubbed" to eliminate references to Al Qaeda have been debunked long ago.
As for the AP "scandal" the Justice Department had looked at records of AP reporters to see who in the administration had leaked a story. The story was that an informer high up in al Qaeda in Yemen had delivered a new kind of bomb to target airliners, while the government was still analyzing how to detect it and the informer was still in Yemen. The Justice Department looked at call records – phone numbers only – to see if they could spot who had called AP.
But go ahead keep living on planet Stupid.
Even liberals like Jon Stewart and Chris Matthews gets it. Where else would this post put you but clearly in the "tools" category?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916478 Jun 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Two drone strikes kill 7 Al Qaeda militants in Southern Yemen.
In other news from the middle East, May was Iraq's bloodiest month since 2008.
Every Aspect Of Life In the World Is Worse Since Obama Took Over...

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916480 Jun 1, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you should be outraged then about the massive waste perpetrated by the federal government and this administration if you're this miffed about the overbloated bureaucracy in West Texas.
Are you this stupid or obtuse on purpose? The West Texas fertilizer fire and explosion was caused by the waste, mismanagement, criminal behavior , and overbloated bureaucracy of a West Texas corporation that put profit first that was opposed to the public interest, like other too big corporations like Exxon-Mobil, BP, TransCanada, etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#916481 Jun 1, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain groups or specific enemies get audited by the IRS with the blessing of those in power by nearly every administration. Clinton held that record, I believe. But going after enemies of those in power en masse, targeting every group with nonthreatening words like "freedom" and "debt" in their names and auditing individual donors and citizens simply for their political beliefs is an unprecedented and gross abuse of power. Richard Nixon was the last president to be that transparent with his "enemies list", but this administration outdid him.
Targeting average citizens and nonthreatening small groups of citizens who simply don't agree with this administration and are concerned about the direction this country is going - which is the majority - using the strong arm of the IRS is not how we do things here.
You just want us to be Cuba. Apparently, so does Obama. He's just gotten comfortable wearing sheep's clothing.
Or maybe Tea Turd groups are more likely to be engaged
in political elections, NOT. social welfare, and therefor not deserving of tax exempt status.
In other news that explains the Gop's current jobs ssion with faux scandals:
Stock market hits all time high
Housing sales highest in 5 years s
Consumer confidence highest in 5 yers
Unemployment at 7.5 %
Finally, in stark contrast to Europe's shrinking economy, the US economy is growing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916482 Jun 1, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Even liberals like Jon Stewart and Chris Matthews gets it. Where else would this post put you but clearly in the "tools" category?
Jon Stewart and Chris Matthews 'get it' that republicans are trying by threats of scandal mongering to force the President to give in to their own more radical agenda to reward their Big Business Masters while shrinking , impoverishing the U S middle class and rest of the country.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916483 Jun 1, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
in political elections, NOT. social welfare, and therefor not deserving of tax exempt status.
Unemployment at 7.5 %
Finally, in stark contrast to Europe's shrinking economy, the US economy is growing.
Lord Acton famously noted that "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

In a pathetic attempt to defend President Obama, another noted statesman, David Axelrod, said that the president couldn't possibly know about all these scandals because "the government is so vast." Therein lies the problem. The government is so vast and BIG!!!.

Just a few years ago, President Clinton assured us that the era of big government was over. He could not have been more wrong. Now we have not just big government, but big brother running big government.

When grows government this big, these kinds of scandals are inevitable, and Obama bears the responsibility for that.

You are an idiot Patrick Palm Beach county is a cesspool of ignorance...

It's the culture...

Orlando, FL

#916484 Jun 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
could. Look up the definition.
Yu just can't stand that the ACA may be working well & lowering health costs.
You really need to quit putting politics ahead of this country.
You used to be in the "don't want to have a clue" category but, with this post, you're officially in the "tools" category.

We now have a simple system to make categorizing easier.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#916485 Jun 1, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment at 7.5 %
One of Utah's top gun lobbyists was arrested for threatening the family of his ex-wife with his two-and-a-half ton Army surplus vehicle. I guess my first question would be—is there a background check to buy one of those? Gun lobbyist Clark Aposhian drove onto the lawn of his ex-wife's family with the vehicle, on which he had painted the words "Zombie Response Vehicle." Aposhian is involved with a custody dispute with his ex-wife. He also seems to have some sort of unspecified beef with zombies.

Randi Rhodes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 225,509
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr VN Vet 61,476
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr PEllen 6,743
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr PEllen 9,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 2,060
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 3,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,660

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages