Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1682702 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916670 Jun 1, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The economy sucks, unemployment is high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is Gestapo, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama bin Lying is responsible...
AND all you can do nitwit is cry and whine you dumbass and look like a deranged idiot... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!
nuculur still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
It's the culture...
do you ever deal with facts and reality??

WND MONEY
Dow surpasses 15,000 milestone
S&P 500 enters bull-market territory, up 20% since November lows
Published: 05/07/2013 at 1:28 PM

(CNBC) Stocks held gains Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its recent rally to a fresh high and the Dow surpassing the 15,000 milestone, boosted by better-than-expected economic data from Germany and a gain in Japan.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average crossed above 15,000 to hit an all-time intraday high of 15,013.43. Caterpillar and JPMorgan led the blue-chip gainers. The index first broke above the milestone on Friday, but has yet to close above the level.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/dow-surpasses-1500...

OECD Forecasts Global Economy to Recover Next Year: Economy
By Mark Deen - May 29, 2013 3:41 AM PT

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development forecasts global economic growth will accelerate in 2014 with both the U.S. and Japan continuing to outpace the euro area.

“The global economy is moving forward and it is doing so at multiple speeds,” OECD Chief Economist Pier Carlo Padoan said today in the Paris-based organization’s semi-annual Economic Outlook. Differing monetary and fiscal choices across the major developed economies are driving regional divergence with “each path carrying its own mix of risks,” he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-29/oecd...

Hiring picks up as housing market recovers
The Labor Department says the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
March 08, 2013|By Don Lee, Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON — The pace of job growth has begun gathering steam as the last missing piece in the recovery — the housing market — comes back to life nationwide and employers start to look past government budget battles and add to their thinned ranks.

The Labor Department said the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/busin...

Home prices up 10 percent: How strong is this year’s US housing market?
Sales volume is rising, and the inventory of homes in foreclosure is down almost 25 percent from a year ago. Here’s some more context to put the recent trends in home prices in perspective.

News of the first double-digit annual home price gain since 2006 raises a question: Just how blazing hot is the housing market?

Clearly a recovery has gathered some steam.

Home prices have been rising across all 20 US cities that are tracked by Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller indexes, and the widely watched Case-Shiller nationwide index shows home prices up 10.2 percent over the past four quarters.

http://news.yahoo.com/home-prices-10-percent-...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916671 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
John Roberts was not on the Supreme Court in 2000 when Algore attempted to steal the election.
Yes, you're right, Nixon appointee, very ill, William Rehnquist was Chief Justice."Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor suggested in a weekend interview that the high court should have stayed out of the 2000 election." ..."It’s not the first time O’Connor has expressed doubt about the 5-4 decision. In a 2010 interview, she said she didn’t know if it was right. But, she added, she didn’t worry about it because several recounts found that Bush would have won the state regardless.(Those recounts — the one requested by Al Gore and the one ordered by the state Supreme Court — were limited. Had Gore been able to trigger a statewide recount the result likely would have been different, a 2001 Post analysis found.) She has also linked declining public perception of the Supreme Court to that decision." Check this out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916672 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contradiction, because the Amendment procedure is set in stone in the Constitution.
I really don't know is more stupid, Jean or Realtime??

How many times have they been wrong and called others liars and had to be proven wrong and brought up to snuff?

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916673 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then just drop to your knees and open your mouth.
Maybe you should just cut it off an become the true eunuch that you are, son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916674 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
John Roberts was not on the Supreme Court in 2000 when Algore attempted to steal the election.
True. But bushie rewarded his services!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916675 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bosnian Muslims also committed genocide.
Muslims can't get along with anybody else.
John that's just a flat out lie....and total BS.

http://www.history.com/topics/bosnian-genocid...

Do you have any proof, were there any Bosnian Muslims convicted of war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide.

geesh, the trouble with you conservatives is that you just make crap up when you are proven wrong.

go ahead, and back up your claim
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916676 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The military is specifically authorized by the Constitution.
Actually son, no they're not.

Maybe in your country but not the United States.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916677 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol is a carbon-based fuel, just like "fossil" fuels, a meaningless classification.
Ethanol is produced from a recyclable carbon-based man-made agricultural product that's limited by how much the farmer decides to use as food or fuel whereas oil is finite and can not be recycled--once you burn it ;it's gone forever but its residue waste energy in greenhouse gas emissions , plastics,fertilizers, etc. continues to pile up as pollution in the Natural Commons .

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916678 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should taxpayers from other states pay for you to buy military-style equipment and pay overtime to cops?
you know I've been wondering the same thing.. Seeing how most liberal states like California, NY, Illinois pay more taxes into the Federal gov't than they get back, while most republican states actually get more in Federal dollars than they pay into the Federal gov't

why should we be supporting republican welfare mooching states

States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:
1. New Mexico:$2.63
2. West Virginia:$2.57
3. Mississippi:$2.47
4. District of Colombia:$2.41
5. Hawaii:$2.38
6. Alabama:$2.03
7. Alaska:$1.93
8. Montana:$1.92
9. South Carolina:$1.92
10. Maine:$1.78

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916679 Jun 1, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know is more stupid, Jean or Realtime??
How many times have they been wrong and called others liars and had to be proven wrong and brought up to snuff?
It's the culture...
Yes , you and Galt think the U S Constitution was delivered straight from the mind of God and everyone knows that God can't be wrong.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916680 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
New York City should pay for its own security, including allowing its residents to defend themselves.
The fact is that the rest of the country hates the arrogant bastards in New York.
So, Galt hates Wall Street now.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916681 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever deal with facts and reality??
WND MONEY
Dow surpasses 15,000 milestone
S&P 500 enters bull-market territory, up 20% since November lows
Published: 05/07/2013 at 1:28 PM
(CNBC) Stocks held gains Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its recent rally to a fresh high and the Dow surpassing the 15,000 milestone, boosted by better-than-expected economic data from Germany and a gain in Japan.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average crossed above 15,000 to hit an all-time intraday high of 15,013.43. Caterpillar and JPMorgan led the blue-chip gainers. The index first broke above the milestone on Friday, but has yet to close above the level.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/dow-surpasses-1500...
OECD Forecasts Global Economy to Recover Next Year: Economy
By Mark Deen - May 29, 2013 3:41 AM PT
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development forecasts global economic growth will accelerate in 2014 with both the U.S. and Japan continuing to outpace the euro area.
“The global economy is moving forward and it is doing so at multiple speeds,” OECD Chief Economist Pier Carlo Padoan said today in the Paris-based organization’s semi-annual Economic Outlook. Differing monetary and fiscal choices across the major developed economies are driving regional divergence with “each path carrying its own mix of risks,” he said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-29/oecd...
Hiring picks up as housing market recovers
The Labor Department says the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
March 08, 2013|By Don Lee, Los Angeles Times
WASHINGTON — The pace of job growth has begun gathering steam as the last missing piece in the recovery — the housing market — comes back to life nationwide and employers start to look past government budget battles and add to their thinned ranks.
The Labor Department said the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/busin...
Home prices up 10 percent: How strong is this year’s US housing market?
Sales volume is rising, and the inventory of homes in foreclosure is down almost 25 percent from a year ago. Here’s some more context to put the recent trends in home prices in perspective.
News of the first double-digit annual home price gain since 2006 raises a question: Just how blazing hot is the housing market?
Clearly a recovery has gathered some steam.
Home prices have been rising across all 20 US cities that are tracked by Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller indexes, and the widely watched Case-Shiller nationwide index shows home prices up 10.2 percent over the past four quarters.
http://news.yahoo.com/home-prices-10-percent-...
Stocks held gains Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its recent rally to a fresh high and the Dow surpassing the 15,000 Thank God for thoses rich Republicans...

House Democrats and Democratic Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she supports the growing nationwide Occupy Wall Street movement. "God bless them"... to hell with Wall Street...

You ns Nancy Karma another Hate America First Post you sellout...

It's the culture...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916682 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually son, no they're not.
Maybe in your country but not the United States.
My guess is you didn't take American History in High School or were absent when they studied the Constitution

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the COMMON DEFENCE and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
are you joking or stupid

Coffeyville, KS

#916683 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever deal with facts and reality??
WND MONEY
Dow surpasses 15,000 milestone
S&P 500 enters bull-market territory, up 20% since November lows
Published: 05/07/2013 at 1:28 PM
(CNBC) Stocks held gains Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its recent rally to a fresh high and the Dow surpassing the 15,000 milestone, boosted by better-than-expected economic data from Germany and a gain in Japan.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average crossed above 15,000 to hit an all-time intraday high of 15,013.43. Caterpillar and JPMorgan led the blue-chip gainers. The index first broke above the milestone on Friday, but has yet to close above the level.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/dow-surpasses-1500...
OECD Forecasts Global Economy to Recover Next Year: Economy
By Mark Deen - May 29, 2013 3:41 AM PT
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development forecasts global economic growth will accelerate in 2014 with both the U.S. and Japan continuing to outpace the euro area.
“The global economy is moving forward and it is doing so at multiple speeds,” OECD Chief Economist Pier Carlo Padoan said today in the Paris-based organization’s semi-annual Economic Outlook. Differing monetary and fiscal choices across the major developed economies are driving regional divergence with “each path carrying its own mix of risks,” he said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-29/oecd...
Hiring picks up as housing market recovers
The Labor Department says the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
March 08, 2013|By Don Lee, Los Angeles Times
WASHINGTON — The pace of job growth has begun gathering steam as the last missing piece in the recovery — the housing market — comes back to life nationwide and employers start to look past government budget battles and add to their thinned ranks.
The Labor Department said the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/busin...
Home prices up 10 percent: How strong is this year’s US housing market?
Sales volume is rising, and the inventory of homes in foreclosure is down almost 25 percent from a year ago. Here’s some more context to put the recent trends in home prices in perspective.
News of the first double-digit annual home price gain since 2006 raises a question: Just how blazing hot is the housing market?
Clearly a recovery has gathered some steam.
Home prices have been rising across all 20 US cities that are tracked by Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller indexes, and the widely watched Case-Shiller nationwide index shows home prices up 10.2 percent over the past four quarters.
http://news.yahoo.com/home-prices-10-percent-...
The middle class has LOST income during this administration and the unemployment rate is still far too high, especially for the years it has gone on. The fact is the only people that are doing well is the rich, and they are getting much richer. Obama is good for the rich, he sucks for the middle class....you know....his main priority! The average person is NOT in the stock market and most middle class American's have had to learn to get by with lower incomes and higher gas and grocery prices and higher insurance premium. Obama is causing another housing bubble just like the last and a student loan bubble on top of that and for some reason he is either too stupid to see it or just doesn't care as long as the numbers look good right now. That of course is his desperation to show ANY improvement under his leadership, of course it is nothing but a delusion. Obama has done NOTHING for the middle class but destruction.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916684 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Ethanol is produced from a recyclable carbon-based man-made agricultural product that's limited by how much the farmer decides to use as food or fuel whereas oil is finite and can not be recycled--once you burn it ;it's gone forever but its residue waste energy in greenhouse gas emissions , plastics,fertilizers, etc. continues to pile up as pollution in the Natural Commons .
Al Gore America's First fraudulent CorpoRatist Carbon Billionaire...

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

#916685 Jun 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Right has an easier time than does the LEFT. The Left has been brain washed into thinking they have to defend every dumb ass Progressive that surfaces with a microphone. The Right treats each person and statement as belonging to that person. It is that person's problem to defend it.
Then why were all you righties on here yesterday so vigorously defending George W. Bush's incompetence? The statement by itself is in opposition. You have a title meaning you all think alike & argue the same nonsense. When gay marriage was the topic, I was opposed to the left & I remember you say," the lefts on here were wrong for attacking me for my view of the situation." You turned around & did the same thing on countless other topics. That's because I have no political affiliation to 1 group or the other & you do, so when I'm in opposition to your beliefs, you'll attack me as only a rightie could, same for the left!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#916686 Jun 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Her career ended when she started calling for Jews to be converted to Christianity.
In Florida, this is heresy, and Katherine Harris saw her support evaporate.
----------
"Harris then went on and called for Jews to be converted to Christianity.
“And Father God, right now on the day after the Jewish new year, Father, after the day after atonement, as they enter into their new year, Father God, I just pray that you would bring the hearts and minds of our Jewish brothers and sisters into alignment."
----------
She was just another Christian hater of other religions.
Did you say: "She was just another Christian hater of other religions." ????

Aren't your "masters" Obama & Biden professed Christians, Nucular Nutcase?

Your bigotry is showing when you make your regularly scheduled daily irresponsible and incorrect slanderous statements like this you know.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916687 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually son, no they're not.
Maybe in your country but not the United States.
LMFAO..The reason you are a dumbass democrat...

It's the culture...

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#916688 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
John that's just a flat out lie....and total BS.
http://www.history.com/topics/bosnian-genocid...
Do you have any proof, were there any Bosnian Muslims convicted of war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide.
geesh, the trouble with you conservatives is that you just make crap up when you are proven wrong.
go ahead, and back up your claim
You need to pick a better source.

This is basically a one man's opinion site-
"The site was founded and is owned and published by Philip Gavin, who has earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Northeastern University and a Master of Science degree from Boston University. Except where noted, the articles and text appearing throughout The History Place Web site were written by Mr. Gavin."

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916689 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is you didn't take American History in High School or were absent when they studied the Constitution
Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the COMMON DEFENCE and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
YEAH.. is one of yours... An educated democrat and he votes?? LMFAO...

It's the culture...

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min Alain Vain 11,759
maxine waters 1 hr Liberals make me ... 4
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Thor156 3,753
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,734
Trump is A 4 hr CrunchyBacon 370
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr honeymylove 1,023
What to expect when dating a Filipina woman? 6 hr Charlie Pharaoh 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages