Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#915656 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Your assurances sound more like snake oil.
So...what does snake oil sound like?
Give us a demonstration, please.
As long as it's sanitary.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#915658 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again what value is all these codes? Will it improve medical care?
Is billing for getting bit by a turtle different from getting bit by a salamander? What are they going to do with this data? Identify which states you are more apt to get bit by a turtle?
Apparently, it was already adopted in many other countries years ago but, from my limited resarch, the specific ICD-10-CM code adopted here has many more codes than other countries.

The ICD-9 had 17,000 codes. The ICD-10-CM has 155,000 codes and can be expanded with subsets.

It is supposed to be make coding more uniform with other countries but how that many codes can simplify what is already going to be a chaotic and confusing transition with Obamacare is beyond me.

Lapeer, MI

#915659 May 30, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Press reaction…. Backlash Grows Against Holder's Off Record Meeting, it’s time for the President to step up and show Leadership and ask Holder for his Resignation!!
Showing leadership is a near impossibility for the Magic Negro.
Hollywood Image-Making? Yes. A sh itload of it.

But leadership is the hole in his doughnut.
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915660 May 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I was one of the people you spit on and called "baby killers".
No. I'm a farmer when I'm not at work drilling oil wells.
You never answered the question I asked. You pretend to have military service experience. Were you one of the frauds pretending to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called Vietnam Veterans Against the War?
Or, are you not old enough to have done that?
And, I told you once, adress your elders with "yes, sir" and "no, sir" and "yes, ma'am" and "no, ma'am". Don't make me take my belt of and pull your pants down to whip you.
Come on dude, you can't really expect any honesty or civility from old Perfesser Fartsack, can you?

semper fi

Orlando, FL

#915661 May 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Great you are back,
Good news,
Galt made bail
Are you talking to me?

Because I have no idea what you're talking about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#915662 May 30, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, it was already adopted in many other countries years ago but, from my limited resarch, the specific ICD-10-CM code adopted here has many more codes than other countries.
The ICD-9 had 17,000 codes. The ICD-10-CM has 155,000 codes and can be expanded with subsets.
It is supposed to be make coding more uniform with other countries but how that many codes can simplify what is already going to be a chaotic and confusing transition with Obamacare is beyond me.
How does it make sense to spend more on this worthless shit than on the actual medical care?

Is this how Obama plans to save money?

Lapeer, MI

#915663 May 30, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuc grew up in the wild and was home schooled by some kind of animal species. Not sure which one.
At least that's what I thought.
Probably just a rumor.
He was home-schooled by feral donkeys and mentored by sheep.

He is now well schooled in being a beast of burden and in being sheared and mounted by shepherds. A dyed-in-the-wool Liberal.
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915664 May 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that you right whiners believe a single word out of that fatassed racist proves what morons you people are..
"Master - Servant" Really?
Talking about Moochelle?

Lapeer, MI

#915665 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, You should learn how to use toilet paper and not your finger.
As a contortionist, you can give yourself a tongue-lashing down there.

Titillating, eh?
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915666 May 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another dumbass right whiner that thinks we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month with an economy shrinking at a rate over 6%.
The projected deficit for 2013 reduced by 200 billion because revenues from the building economy are increasing.
A year from now, when the dumbass obstructionist Republicans will be running for Congress with having zero to do with our recover while toting a lot of blame for the recession.
Your dementia is worsening Doorknob:

The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915667 May 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning abdul. Any news on how MSNBC is doing?
Chrissy Mathews neighborhood is still lily white, he likes it that way.

Orlando, FL

#915668 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Whoever posted the Daily Beast article about Holder thanks.
It is amazing it hear a Attorney General stating he could not figure out it was ethically wrong to violate the privacy of and to ruthlessly pursue members of the press until WaPo explained it to him.
It's like a robber saying if only there was a sign saying stealing is against the law...

All I know is the suspicion surrounding this president's involvement in targeting his opposition using the power and heavy arm of the IRS isn't going away. The longer those surrounding him who knew the truth then and still know it now think it will, the more drawn out and deeper the suspicions are going to become.

Lapeer, MI

#915669 May 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Better to be useful in Obama's army then useless pawns to be fatally electrocuted by faulty -wiring in Bush43 and Cheney's privateer Haliburtan army.
Your analogies get stretched until they break.

Try something simpler like maybe "Better to be useful in Obama's army then(sic) criminal inside his administration".

Lapeer, MI

#915670 May 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Never-- and I am sorry that he stalked me over here. Now you can see why I left him in dirt-wait he was already in the dirt. Sorta like born in a basement and never brought up.
Sorta reminds me of Pig-Pen. Yeah's got a constant cloud of sh it following him all over hell.

If he bathed, he'd go down the drain.
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915671 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
On the 'Today Show' this morning they discussed the real potential for another housing bubble. The prices in certain areas of the country are inflated as some individuals are buying up a lot of the houses hoping to flip for higher prices and we have Obama trying to crank up pressure to loan to unqualified buyers.
Bad enough it happened the first. Real bad that there is a repeat of the behaviors that caused it so close on the heels of the first bubble burst. Now that is DUMB
Libs are sooooooooo stupid.
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915672 May 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, you got that right! Bush lead usright off the road of prosperity left by Clinton, into 2 unpaid wars &, a historic financial crisis. If Bush listened to his constituents, we would've never been in Iraq. If he listened to his field agents, 9/11 would've never happened!
Now Obama, smart enough to understand that you people are brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh& isn't afraid to point it out. If you don't agree with his guidance, play partisan politics, that's Limbaugh's philosophy &, you suckers bite every time hook, line, & sinker. Obama was elected by the people, to work for the people, so that's what he does. Bush was no more than a retarded tyrant dictator. He didn't give a damn about what the people wanted & lead us right off the cliff. The smart people may have fell off but, you fools jumped off head first & still defend his self admitted incompetence!
Do you excel at anything other than hindsight and ignorance? Remember a little thing called 9/11 ?

Orlando, FL

#915673 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He was home-schooled by feral donkeys and mentored by sheep.
He is now well schooled in being a beast of burden and in being sheared and mounted by shepherds. A dyed-in-the-wool Liberal.
Quite the visual. And yet amusing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#915674 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make sense once a month or bi-monthly? Quarterly?
Ever?
Try harder.
Son, I'm not surprised the vacuum between your ears can't handle it.

I'll keep rooting for you, though!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#915675 May 30, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your mind" Gilligan and "You should probably see a therapist about this??"
It's the culture...
In your case, you're not even near the later son. You could double the level and still not come close!
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915676 May 30, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
It's funny but the left has come to accept conservatives and the tea party wanting less bureaucracy/smaller government as being somehow malicious or threatening - that government can somehow save us all from ourselves.
Bureaucracy was once an undesirable word associated with red tape, confusion and more problems.
Now, it would seem, it's backwards. The left sees bureaucracy going hand-in-hand with big government as a good thing. They must not see the confusion and problems it causes by it's very size - so obese it is handicapped in performing it's usual functions.
So when did bureacracy and big government and surrendering to it become so desirable?
I just don't get it.
Pretty ironic, the radical anti government hippies from the 60's and seventies have done a 180 degree turn from the old "f the man" days. Of course they'll change they're hypocritical tune once the repubs are back in control, then big government will be bad again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago a model city 8 min Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr casting director 98,497
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 3 hr It is me 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs